PDA

View Full Version : Time for Troy Polamalu to Man Up

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2009, 12:05 AM
and lay it all on the line next against the Ravens and I don't care if he is 100 percent or not.....A less then 100 percent Troy has to be better then Tyrone Carter......I think Carter is ok at FS but he is total trash as a SS........I know Troy said he hoped to be back for the Dolphins game but come on Troy the game next week is so huge....Time for you to man up and play.....

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Im with you 32 this secondary needs so much ****ing help I dont even know where to start. Troy has now been out 5 weeks with an injury that they said was not even as serious as his first pcl one. He needs to play next week seeing that Tomlin is going to continue to go with pieces of **** like Gay and Carter in the secondary and not make any kind of changes...

LatrobePA
12-21-2009, 12:51 AM
A 50% Troy is 200% better than Carter! If you can stand on the sidelines for the whole game you can go in for a couple snaps!

Steel Trap86
12-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Ya Carter just can't cut it, If Troy was playing today that first TD would NOT have happened, he could make that tackle with one arm. He needs to man up and play this Sunday because we're going to need him.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-21-2009, 08:49 AM
We will beat the Rats without Troy, the only way i want this team in the playoffs is if Troy is healthy.......

Zachintosh66
12-21-2009, 09:04 AM
We will beat the Rats without Troy, the only way i want this team in the playoffs is if Troy is healthy.......

:plus1:

Phenomenal TJ
12-21-2009, 09:13 AM
The only way this team has a snowball's chance in hell should we get in is with Polamalu. That being said, I highly doubt we make another historic run.

75Steeler
12-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Troy would have shut down a couple of the Packers long runs yesterday. They shouldn't have been allowed to get that kind of yardage. No excuses for that.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2009, 09:40 AM
I was thinking the same thing last night 32, it's time to put up or shut up. Our secondary just flat out blows ***, these guys couldn't cover a peewee team! Towsend right now is the only one playing even semi ok. Troy need to get his butt back out there, it's painfully evident that he can't do any worse so get out on the field! Put Townsend in for Gay too!

If your knee injury was that bad then you should have been put on IR, this sitting around on the sidelines doesn't do anybody any good at all. Suck it up, get yourself shot up on some pain killers or whatever..LOL !

darnik44
12-21-2009, 09:51 AM
I agree with just about everything said in this thread.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2009, 09:57 AM
It just really bothers me to see Troy on the bench all this time for such a perceived "not severe" injury. He's like " well I hope to play in the last game of the season, well what the **** is that,the damage has long since been done dude. If you can't play then you should have been placed on IR so we could go find somebody else to take your roster spot. It's obvious your backups are worth anything, including the self proclaimed fan hater Ryan Clark himself.

I understand the whole, lets see if he gets better so in case we make the postseason maybe he can come back, but sooner or later with how these last 2 months have gone, something should have been done one way or the other. I will never question Troy's abilities on the field, he's proved to anyone time and time again that he is invaluable to this team, but we need him on the field or we need to find somebody else who can atleast tackle!

LatrobePA
12-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Just having Troy on the field makes a diffrence, QB's hate to throw his way!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Even a 50% Troy will make a QB pause an extra second at the line, or look off him in coverage to another route. He's that much of a difference maker and when he gets near the ball he doesn't drop it like the rest of the DB's do.

igor0190
12-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Tyrone Carter made two pathetic plays in that game that I saw. The first TD to Jennings and the long TD run by Ryan Grant. Both were terrible.

Phenomenal TJ
12-21-2009, 10:24 AM
I was thinking the same thing last night 32, it's time to put up or shut up. Our secondary just flat out blows ***, these guys couldn't cover a peewee team! Towsend right now is the only one playing even semi ok. Troy need to get his butt back out there, it's painfully evident that he can't do any worse so get out on the field! Put Townsend in for Gay too!

If your knee injury was that bad then you should have been put on IR, this sitting around on the sidelines doesn't do anybody any good at all. Suck it up, get yourself shot up on some pain killers or whatever..LOL !

Toughness is the most important intangible on the football field in my opinion. You can make up for a lot with toughness.

You want to see a tough guy, look at SJax (Rams) the man's playing through the flu, a back injury and a horrible offensive line and is gutting out a fantastic year. Why can't our safety be as tough as this running back? :thinking:

Troy would have shut down a couple of the Packers long runs yesterday. They shouldn't have been allowed to get that kind of yardage. No excuses for that.

The last touchdown by the Packers to take the lead would more than likely not have happened with him on the field as well.

SteelCityKid5
12-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Id like a 100% Troy IF we make this playoff run.

TampaSteelGirl
12-21-2009, 02:14 PM
My thought on having Tomlin hold Troy out for this game was to maybe see if we win this one or not...I believe Troy will play against the Ravens and the Dolphins for sure...Carter is just pure horrible and again Gay needs to either get some new damn shoes or go...can't stay on his freaking feet!! I see Troy playing the next 2 VITAL games!! :tt02:

You can see Troy wants to play soo bad...one thing I do have to say is that I would hate to see him come and and ruin his career forever. I dont think Troy would not play if that was the case...I know 43 will be out there this sunday!!! :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2009, 03:29 PM
My point is no reason to safe any bullets at this point......Time let loose all the bullets and we need Troy bad out there in the secondary......I just don't understand what waiting one more week will do.......

LatrobePA
12-21-2009, 03:39 PM
My point is no reason to safe any bullets at this point......Time let loose all the bullets and we need Troy bad out there in the secondary......I just don't understand what waiting one more week will do.......

I agree, I say put the shampoo bottle down, lose the sweats, suit up and play! This freaking team needs ya!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2009, 03:47 PM

Saving bullets is part of what got us to the point, and I blame Tomlin a fair amount on this one too. Yeah Troy is hurt but you can't let him hang around forever if he's not gonna play,when your secondary blows as much as our's does. If our secondary was playing well, or even fairly decent I could see justifying having him sit around week in and week out in hopes that he can play. If they were playing better maybe we wouldn't have lost so many games in a row, so yeah it's a big cluster right now and Troy needs to get his butt out there cuz it's do or die now more than ever.

Steel Trap86
12-21-2009, 03:52 PM
I agree with this whole thread, Troy needs to step up and play this Sunday.

NYCsteelersfan
12-21-2009, 06:58 PM
I can't justify risking permanent damage or an aggravation of the injury that could affect nect season also just because we are mathematically alive for the playoffs. Furthermore, Polomalu getting us into the playoffs by playing hurt and then being worthless to the team in the playoffs is pointless.

Goodfrom55
12-21-2009, 07:16 PM
The way the defense has been ineffective against the deep pass, it might be time for the Steelers to start showing the Tampa-2.

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2009, 07:24 PM
I can't justify risking permanent damage or an aggravation of the injury that could affect nect season also just because we are mathematically alive for the playoffs. Furthermore, Polomalu getting us into the playoffs by playing hurt and then being worthless to the team in the playoffs is pointless.

Well if Troy is going to come out and say publicly like he did a few weeks ago that he could be ready to come back in the Miami game in 2 weeks then one would think he would be damn near close to being ready to play just one week earlier. Especially when they have said all along that this injury to his knee wasnt half as bad as the first injury he had to his knee in the Titans game early on in the season when he missed 6 weeks.

NYCsteelersfan
12-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Well if Troy is going to come out and say publicly like he did a few weeks ago that he could be ready to come back in the Miami game in 2 weeks then one would think he would be damn near close to being ready to play just one week earlier. Especially when they have said all along that this injury to his knee wasnt half as bad as the first injury he had to his knee in the Titans game early on in the season when he missed 6 weeks.

NFL teams and coaches lie about injuries as part of standard protocol, just ask Bill Belichick. There is only one reason why Polamalu isn't playing and that's because he has a significant enough injury to keep him out. For all we know he might not even be ready for the Miami game, let alone coming back a week early. I don't want to lose the best defensive player in the league for next season just so we can be 8-7 and still have a mathematical chance of making the playoffs.

Ambridge
12-21-2009, 07:51 PM

:clap:

I'm tired of the camera showing him on the sidelines wearing his sweats with that Dopey look on his face.
Time for him to get his *** out on the field....gobble some Vicodin or take a shot of Xylicane and stop the BS already!!

igor0190
12-21-2009, 09:52 PM
A knee injury is not something you can just take some pain pills for and play. It's ridiculous for people to be saying he should "man up" with his knee injury...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2009, 10:05 PM
A knee injury is not something you can just take some pain pills for and play. It's ridiculous for people to be saying he should "man up" with his knee injury...

Its ridiculous for Troy to say I hope to return for the Miami game.....I'm tired of Troy and I don't care how great he is but he is useless if he remains on the sideline.......Just IR his *** already then.....This current knee injury wasn't supposed to be as serious as his first one this season but he has missed more games due to his injury.....Troy needs to man up and play football especially with a play-off spot on the line......

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Its ridiculous for Troy to say I hope to return for the Miami game.....I'm tired of Troy and I don't care how great he is but he is useless if he remains on the sideline.......Just IR his *** already then.....This current knee injury wasn't supposed to be as serious as his first one this season but he has missed more games due to his injury.....Troy needs to man up and play football especially with a play-off spot on the line......

Im with you 32 if Troy is going to come out publicly like he did a few weeks ago and say I might be able to play in the Miami game then that tells me he shouldnt be that far off from being ready to play if it's only a week earlier. Troy needs to try and at the very least run a little bit either tomorrow some or on Wednesday when the Steelers begin practicing again and test the knee out and see if he at least has some chance of being able to play Sunday and if he can contribute in some capacity...Im with you 32 the playoffs and the season are on the line this week and if Troy is able to run and cut in practice early in the week then he needs to get his *** out there and play and help this defense beat the Ravens Sunday at Heinz Field...

Phenomenal TJ
12-21-2009, 10:42 PM
lmao.

I wrote an article on this (inspired by this thread tbh) and literally got torn a new one lmfao. Apparently I'm not a real fan guys, sorry. :shrug: