PDA

View Full Version : The Denver Broncos losing to Oakland today was huge!!!

Troyisabeast_43
12-20-2009, 09:18 PM
In terms of the Steelers having a very realistic shot to still get in the playoffs if they win these games against the Ravens and Miami.The Broncos losing today to the Raiders was absolutely huge for the Steelers because it allows the Ravens to leap frog over Denver for the 5 seed where the Steelers wont get cancelled out in the division tiebrakers for the 6 seed with Denver who they beat and own the head to head tiebraker over. Now as I mentioned in the other thread here is what needs to happen next Sunday for the Steelers to control their destiny going into Miami January 3rd for the 6th and final playoff spot...The Steelers of course need to beat the Ravens which is obvious, the Jags need to lose to the Pats in New England,the Broncos need to lose to the Eagles in Philly,the Jets need to lose to the Colts in Indy,and the Dolphins need to beat the Texans in Miami. If all of this occurs which is very very probable the Steelers will control their own destiny for that 6th seed going into week 17 with Miami. All the teams the Steelers need to lose next week all play on the road and they all have very very tough games...

People can laugh at me all they want on here when I say all these scenarios like a few people like to do, but after what happened today this is why you never ever say there is not a chance to get in until it's absolutely completely official. The Steelers chances of getting in the playoffs as the 6 seed look incredibly better then they did last week this time...All of those teams the Steelers need to lose next week I believe will lose, The Steelers just need to take care of their business with the Ratbirds and they will once again control their own destiny for the 6th and final seed. Once again though the Broncos choking to the Oakland Raiders today was absolutely positively huge and is the main reason other then the Steelers winning in dramatic fashion as to why the Steelers wildcard chances have increased a great deal going into next week...Keep believing guys I know I will and hang in there with me!!!!

LarryNJ
12-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Who's laughing at you? I'll F'them up for you! :)

The Jags should lose to the Pats..The Eagles are playing very good and will beat the sinking Bronco's at home. The Jets packed it in and will lose to Indy, I'm not so sure that the Dolphins will beat Houston. What happens if Houston wins out and we beat the Dolphins?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2009, 09:24 PM
All you can ask for is a chance to make the dance at this point. None of us should be convinced that this team can win out because they've failed so much this year when they had everything lined up for them, but atleast now they've given themselves 1 more opportunity. With the way this year has gone, you have to be appreciative of that if nothing else.

SteelCityKid5
12-20-2009, 09:28 PM
If we win out and Troy comes back for the playoffs..... it could get crazy :tt02:

BlackGold4vr
12-20-2009, 09:32 PM
My dream for this season is still beating the Bungels on their field in the first round of the playoffs. Wouldn't matter what happened after that, my season would be complete and anything after that........pure gravy!

:hilarious:

:smashbengals:

Troyisabeast_43
12-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Who's laughing at you? I'll F'them up for you! :)

The Jags should lose to the Pats..The Eagles are playing very good and will beat the sinking Bronco's at home. The Jets packed it in and will lose to Indy, I'm not so sure that the Dolphins will beat Houston. What happens if Houston wins out and we beat the Dolphins?

Houston would get in but Houston has to play the Pats the last week of the season. Houston barely beat a bad Rams team today so I dont see them beating both the Dolphins and the Patriots they will lose at least one of those games so dont worry too much about Houston...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2009, 11:10 PM
I never laugh at your work 43.....You always do quality stuff.....I just have to see this team turn in some quality performances before I think they're a play-off team.....I'll take the win today but still this team has to win out period....They can of course and really they shouldn't be in this position....That is what is so frustrating......

Clevelandsux
12-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Would sure be a nice christmas present if we could get in the playoffs. As bad as we've played, I bet alot of teams would not be happy to see us in the playoffs.

Steel Trap86
12-21-2009, 12:34 AM
Nice breakdown. Nobody can say they are not hyped for next Sundays game against the Ravens, even after losing 5, the Steelers still have a shot and they are the most dangerous 7-7 team in the AFC right now.

Tr305
12-21-2009, 02:00 AM
what a great turn of events raiders helped leave the door open for us. I have faith that all you said will happen except the fins beating houston im not so sure but other then that jets will lose to colts broncos to eagles and jax to the pats.

Yes we probally dont deserve to be in the playoffs the way we played last 5 weeks but of we get in I think we will make the most of it.

Another two notes one being that we had the ratbirds number eariler this year only dennis dixon made a mistake that if ben were playing wouldnt have happened.

2. You guys remember the superbowl we won b4 this one. Superbowl XL

well the bengals won our divsion that year too and we were last seed and turned that into superbowl number 5 so history can repeat itself

All I can say is im hyped for sunday:crossfingers:

igor0190
12-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Would sure be a nice christmas present if we could get in the playoffs. As bad as we've played, I bet alot of teams would not be happy to see us in the playoffs.

Ohh there's no doubt aboout that. It would likely be the Bengals or Pats we would play if we could pull off the 6th seed.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-21-2009, 09:58 AM
The game this weekend looks to be exciting. Beating the Packers was a quality win for you guys. Congrats.

steelers4life66
12-21-2009, 01:51 PM
In terms of the Steelers having a very realistic shot to still get in the playoffs if they win these games against the Ravens and Miami.The Broncos losing today to the Raiders was absolutely huge for the Steelers because it allows the Ravens to leap frog over Denver for the 5 seed where the Steelers wont get cancelled out in the division tiebrakers for the 6 seed with Denver who they beat and own the head to head tiebraker over. Now as I mentioned in the other thread here is what needs to happen next Sunday for the Steelers to control their destiny going into Miami January 3rd for the 6th and final playoff spot...The Steelers of course need to beat the Ravens which is obvious, the Jags need to lose to the Pats in New England,the Broncos need to lose to the Eagles in Philly,the Jets need to lose to the Colts in Indy,and the Dolphins need to beat the Texans in Miami. If all of this occurs which is very very probable the Steelers will control their own destiny for that 6th seed going into week 17 with Miami. All the teams the Steelers need to lose next week all play on the road and they all have very very tough games...

People can laugh at me all they want on here when I say all these scenarios like a few people like to do, but after what happened today this is why you never ever say there is not a chance to get in until it's absolutely completely official. The Steelers chances of getting in the playoffs as the 6 seed look incredibly better then they did last week this time...All of those teams the Steelers need to lose next week I believe will lose, The Steelers just need to take care of their business with the Ratbirds and they will once again control their own destiny for the 6th and final seed. Once again though the Broncos choking to the Oakland Raiders today was absolutely positively huge and is the main reason other then the Steelers winning in dramatic fashion as to why the Steelers wildcard chances have increased a great deal going into next week...Keep believing guys I know I will and hang in there with me!!!!

I :pray: every night my Steeler brother!!

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2009, 02:15 PM
I :pray: every night my Steeler brother!!

What happened yesterday in the NFL and what has the potential to happen this weekend with all the teams the Steelers need to lose having very very tough road games is a big big reason why you never ever say there is not a chance to make it in until they are completely and totally eliminated. Ed Bouchette the Steelers beat writer yesterday said on the pregame show the Steelers had a 0 percent chance to get in the playoffs even if they win out because wayyyy too much had to fall their way in order for them to get in...Well guess what Mr Bouchette everything did fall their way yesterday and it looks like this week it's going to fall their way as well as long as the Steelers take care of Baltimore at home so F U Bouchette for giving up on this team and saying they had no chance. Now this week Im sure you and every other elite sports media idiot in Pittsburgh that said they had no chance to get in the playoffs before this weekend will be jumping right back on the Steelers bandwagon licking their balls saying you like their chances to get in the playoffs still...It makes me sick and makes me want to puke and I love when these guys totally count the Steelers out and then things fall into place like they did yesterday and make these so called media "experts" look like complete and total morons...

steelers4life66
12-21-2009, 03:56 PM
What happened yesterday in the NFL and what has the potential to happen this weekend with all the teams the Steelers need to lose having very very tough road games is a big big reason why you never ever say there is not a chance to make it in until they are completely and totally eliminated. Ed Bouchette the Steelers beat writer yesterday said on the pregame show the Steelers had a 0 percent chance to get in the playoffs even if they win out because wayyyy too much had to fall their way in order for them to get in...Well guess what Mr Bouchette everything did fall their way yesterday and it looks like this week it's going to fall their way as well as long as the Steelers take care of Baltimore at home so F U Bouchette for giving up on this team and saying they had no chance. Now this week Im sure you and every other elite sports media idiot in Pittsburgh that said they had no chance to get in the playoffs before this weekend will be jumping right back on the Steelers bandwagon licking their balls saying you like their chances to get in the playoffs still...It makes me sick and makes me want to puke and I love when these guys totally count the Steelers out and then things fall into place like they did yesterday and make these so called media "experts" look like complete and total morons...

Pats are fighting 4 a first round bye so their starters will play. I think philly might B also. I can't remember. Hopefully the colts will say F it and go 4 the undefeated season. And play their starters. Some are kinda banged up so I don't know if they will. Texans have 2 drop atlest one game Miami or pats.........Now, let us pray.

SteelerSteve
12-22-2009, 01:23 AM
All you can ask for is a chance to make the dance at this point. None of us should be convinced that this team can win out because they've failed so much this year when they had everything lined up for them, but atleast now they've given themselves 1 more opportunity. With the way this year has gone, you have to be appreciative of that if nothing else.Yeah, but from a hopeful point of view...We had a good win streak earlier then started losing...so maybe this last win was a sign of whats to come? Damn, it better be!!! lol