PDA

View Full Version : Ben, Thank your OL for the 503 yards...

Stairwayto7
12-20-2009, 09:00 PM
............... if it weren`t for all thier penalties, you wouldn`t have thrown for 503. They are the real heroes, there should be an asterick next to Bens name in the record book.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2009, 09:05 PM
I can see the sarcasm dripping off your post right about now Cleve...

Ben sets a franchise record, and has the highest yardage of any QB this season. Congrats to Ben, it's a great record to be had and we needed absolutely every single one of those yards to secure the win!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2009, 09:17 PM
All I have to say is a Steelers QB has thrown for 500 yards....How crazy is that?.....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2009, 09:28 PM
I know right, who would have thought you'd see that?! When Maddox set the previous record we all thought that would never happen again..LOL. We sure as hell needed every bit of those 500+ yards because if he misses even more of those completely passes we don't get the win.

You never want to see a QB have to throw for 500 yds in a game, but if you're gonna do it you might as well come out of it with a win! We can debate the lack of a running game in a different thread but for now we can enjoy the fact that Ben willed this team a victory inspite of a failure defense and no running game.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2009, 09:34 PM
I know right, who would have thought you'd see that?! When Maddox set the previous record we all thought that would never happen again..LOL. We sure as hell needed every bit of those 500+ yards because if he misses even more of those completely passes we don't get the win.

You never want to see a QB have to throw for 500 yds in a game, but if you're gonna do it you might as well come out of it with a win! We can debate the lack of a running game in a different thread but for now we can enjoy the fact that Ben willed this team a victory inspite of a failure defense and no running game.

See I never scream for this team to run the ball more....You have to pass in the modern NFL and when you give a QB that has won two Super Bowls a ton of money then let him pass it at will.....Of course that means our franchise QB has to show up week in and week out but he is getting paid so let him wing that ball....Ben also had some drops by his WR's again today.......Really Ben hasn't cost us many games this year......I don't fault him for the losses against the Chiefs, Raiders, Bears, first Bengals game......He was flat out awful against in the second Bengals and Browns games....The defense also bailed him against the Vikings......

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2009, 09:44 PM
If we have to have throw for 500 yds every Sunday in order to win a game, then so be it at this point. We have nothing more to lose if you think about it. You want to have some balance and be able to run the ball, because you can't count on last minute heroics to bail you out every week but with this team, conventional thinking goes out the window. The defense let him down big time today, as did the running game, but Ben willed this team a win like we saw him do so much in 2008. A win is a win, there's no doubt, and I'll take it any day :yesnod:

LarryNJ
12-20-2009, 10:17 PM
............... if it weren`t for all thier penalties, you wouldn`t have thrown for 503. They are the real heroes, there should be an asterick next to Bens name in the record book.

hahaha..I was watching it with my son and I said if they score a TD Ben will have 497 yards..we need a sack or penalty so Ben can get 500.. :)

All I have to say is a Steelers QB has thrown for 500 yards....How crazy is that?.....lol

It wasn't long ago that we thought 250 was a huge day!

Stairwayto7
12-20-2009, 10:18 PM
We only need 400+ when our defense cannot stop the other team, thankfully Ben is capable of such a feat

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Where's the 3 yds and a cloud of dust offense we all know and love :lol:

In all seriousness, you can't help but love Ben. He's not perfect, he does **** that drives you up a wall and makes you want to jump off a bridge, but then he does something like this and you remember how blessed we are to have him. Any Steeler fan who ever thinks we'd be better off with another QB should have his black n gold card revoked because we wouldn't have won today without him and we wouldn't have had the success we've had in previous years without him.

He still drives me up a wall, but man you gotta love the guy.. :lol:

If you factor in the drops he had today too the guy might have been pushing 600 yds passing..but like the initial post said, you can thank the OL for so many holding calls to give Ben room to throw :doh1: :lol:

Clevelandsux
12-20-2009, 10:43 PM
WE had alot of stupid penalties. But our offense was fine today. Our defense however....another story.

LatrobePA
12-20-2009, 10:46 PM
All I can say is WOW! Good job Ben!

A big F U to the refs today, some very iffy calls on both sides!!

steelerschick1220
12-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Gotta love Ben. He never gives up. Congrats to him for setting the record, he did play a great game. If we are going to do anything in the coming weeks, it's going to be because of him and the offense.

Phenomenal TJ
12-21-2009, 09:15 AM
I clicked on this expecting to be able to tear our offensive line a new one. I was pleasantly surprised and got a laugh, props to you my friend. Props to you..

darnik44
12-21-2009, 09:27 AM

Yeah really. I've been watching them every game, every year since 1983. It's hard to believe I saw something yesterday that I've never seen before.

That said...run the ball with the lead in the 3rd quarter. Don't go empty backfield spread formation on first down with the lead.

75Steeler
12-21-2009, 09:30 AM
All I can say is we got the win and that is what matters at the end of the day. I'm getting really sick of other teams holding Harrison and not getting the penalty called on them though.

LatrobePA
12-21-2009, 11:49 AM
I clicked on this expecting to be able to tear our offensive line a new one. I was pleasantly surprised and got a laugh, props to you my friend. Props to you..

Me too! lol

Starks and Hartwig are lame ducks! nuff said about that!

Phenomenal TJ
12-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Don't forget Essex getting bullrushed half the time too.

Stairwayto7
12-21-2009, 12:10 PM

Yeah we have to laugh sometimes. I just kept looking at his passing numbers, and knowing that Ben would have to pass the entire 2:00. So it was kinda of funny

ejsteeler
12-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Where's the 3 yds and a cloud of dust offense we all know and love :lol:

In all seriousness, you can't help but love Ben. He's not perfect, he does **** that drives you up a wall and makes you want to jump off a bridge, but then he does something like this and you remember how blessed we are to have him. Any Steeler fan who ever thinks we'd be better off with another QB should have his black n gold card revoked because we wouldn't have won today without him and we wouldn't have had the success we've had in previous years without him.

He still drives me up a wall, but man you gotta love the guy.. :lol:

If you factor in the drops he had today too the guy might have been pushing 600 yds passing..but like the initial post said, you can thank the OL for so many holding calls to give Ben room to throw :doh1: :lol:

:plus1:

LatrobePA
12-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Did anyone see Tomlin pat BA on the gut and hug him, almost to say we'll miss you (loser)!!

SteelCityKid5
12-21-2009, 02:10 PM
hahaha Latrobe ... I saw that and I knew, I just knew you were gonna bring that up.

LatrobePA
12-21-2009, 02:14 PM
hahaha Latrobe ... I saw that and I knew, I just knew you were gonna bring that up.

Seemed that way didn't it?? I bet Tomlin already told him he won't be back next season!

SteelCityKid5
12-21-2009, 07:02 PM
By the way... Wheres that guy who was talking crap on Big Ben last week?

steelerschick1220
12-22-2009, 12:20 AM
I saw Ben and Arians hug it out.

I thought to myself, "Aw, that is sweet that they do have a close relationship. It's too bad Arians sucks at his job and is probably going to get fired."

My one fear if we do make the playoffs: Arians gets to keep his job.