PDA

View Full Version : Epic throw and catch on last play to finally break the losing streak!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2009, 07:49 PM
You can thank your lucky stars that the offense had the ball on the final drive; say what you want, and God knows I will too..but that throw and catch on the final play was magical!

With no time left Ben throws a pass you'd normally want to crucify him for, but somehow Wallace makes the perfect catch, ala Santonio Holmes to get the win. Since the running game was going nowhere today it was up to Ben, and he came through inspite of everything going against him. Props to the big man and to Wallace!

kgreen
12-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Has my vote fro Steelers play of the year. :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

DanRooney
12-20-2009, 07:55 PM
As I said, Ben is a top 5 QB on this team. I can't believe some of you wanted to see Dixon in.

As for our D. Vomit. Putrid. Shameful. They should be ashamed playing on the same team as #7.

Big T
12-20-2009, 07:56 PM
****ing beautiful!!!

KSSteelerfan
12-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Sweet TD catch by Wallace.......:tt02:

beaver688
12-20-2009, 07:57 PM
You can thank your lucky stars that the offense had the ball on the final drive; say what you want, and God knows I will too..but that throw and catch on the final play was magical!

With no time left Ben throws a pass you'd normally want to crucify him for, but somehow Wallace makes the perfect catch, ala Santonio Holmes to get the win. Since the running game was going nowhere today it was up to Ben, and he came through inspite of everything going against him. Props to the big man and to Wallace!

NOW TELL ME THE ROONY RULE WORKS BULL ----

Troyisabeast_43
12-20-2009, 07:58 PM
The Steelers are still alive baby I believe now if they beat Baltimore next week and Denver loses in Philly they pretty much control their own destiny in Miami the last week if they win...More to come as I sort this all out....Denver losing in Oakland was hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

steelerschick1220
12-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Epic, beautiful, wonderful play....

It is so awesome to be the team that scores one of those last second td's like they always show on Sportscenter.

#7 is the man. Those people that b##ch about all the bad decisions he makes need to just shut up.

Azzurri
12-20-2009, 08:12 PM
The Steelers are still alive baby I believe now if they beat Baltimore next week and Denver loses in Philly they pretty much control their own destiny in Miami the last week if they win...More to come as I sort this all out....Denver losing in Oakland was hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if there's a bunch of teams tied at 9-7, the first tiebreaker is broken within divisions. Therefore, if both the Steelers and Ravens go 9-7, the Steelers are elminated due to a worse division record than the Ravens. If this is the case, the Steelers NEED the Raiders to beat Baltimore on the final weekend.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Ben has had two epic drives in less then a year....Super Bowl winner to Holmes and now Steelers 2009 play-off hope still alive to Wallace now.......I get mad at Ben at times but he proves once again he is the third best QB in this league and right now I would even take him over Brady........The guy is so clutch....

steelers4life66
12-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Was anyone else thinking.....Holmes SB catch???

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if there's a bunch of teams tied at 9-7, the first tiebreaker is broken within divisions. Therefore, if both the Steelers and Ravens go 9-7, the Steelers are elminated due to a worse division record than the Ravens. If this is the case, the Steelers NEED the Raiders to beat Baltimore on the final weekend.

The Steelers win out is the first step.....If the Steelers win out that means they beat the Dolphins head to head so they would have the tiebreaker on them.......If Denver drops another one then that will be huge since the Steelers beat them head to head so the Steelers will have the tiebreaker on them.......The Jags need to lose again and they play the Pats this up coming Sunday....So lets go Pats........The Steelers probably would need both the Texans and Jets to lose again....So even if the Ravens finish ahead of the Steelers the Steelers still have a shot at the 6th seed....Really 43 is the guy to answer all of this....lol

BlackGold4vr
12-20-2009, 08:20 PM
This offense has all the tools it needs to win. Draft a left tackle with our first pick and use the rest of the draft to sure up the defense. We just need to get better protection for our franchise QB. Oddly enough most of the pressure comes from his blind side where some lard-*** plays.

:thinking:

Troyisabeast_43
12-20-2009, 08:23 PM
The Steelers win out is the first step.....If the Steelers win out that means they beat the Dolphins head to head so they would have the tiebreaker on them.......If Denver drops another one then that will be huge since the Steelers beat them head to head so the Steelers will have the tiebreaker on them.......The Jags need to lose again and they play the Pats this up coming Sunday....So lets go Pats........The Steelers probably would need both the Texans and Jets to lose again....So even if the Ravens finish ahead of the Steelers the Steelers still have a shot at the 6th seed....Really 43 is the guy to answer all of this....lol

You got it 32 the Steelers need to win out first and foremost and beat Baltimore and Miami. If they win do that,Jags lose in New England next week,Denver loses in Philly next week,Jets lose in Indy,and Houston loses in either Miami or against New England the last week of the season the Steelers will control their own destiny...All of what I just typed there for next week is very very possible...If the Jags,Broncos,Jets,and Texans all lose next Sunday it will all come down to that Miami game on January 3rd...This is why you never ever give up fellas until it's completely and totally official...

steelers4life66
12-20-2009, 08:23 PM

Texans play the Dolphins and pats so that very well could happen.

Troyisabeast_43
12-20-2009, 08:25 PM

I think this only applies if Baltimore would be fighting for the 6 seed. Since the Ravens are ahead of Denver now since they beat them head to head and are the current 5 seed I think the division tiebraker goes out the window....Im pretty sure on this but Ill have to double check...Nonetheless,there will be meaningful football at Heinz Field next Sunday for at least one more week...

JensK
12-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Ben has had two epic drives in less then a year....Super Bowl winner to Holmes and now Steelers 2009 play-off hope still alive to Wallace now.......I get mad at Ben at times but he proves once again he is the third best QB in this league and right now I would even take him over Brady........The guy is so clutch....

I know the SB drive was more "important", but this drive was by far the most epic drive ive ever seen in a Steelers game. It had everything (but a runningplay)

Azzurri
12-20-2009, 08:33 PM
I think this only applies if Baltimore would be fighting for the 6 seed. Since the Ravens are ahead of Denver now since they beat them head to head and are the current 5 seed I think the division tiebraker goes out the window....Im pretty sure on this but Ill have to double check...Nonetheless,there will be meaningful football at Heinz Field next Sunday for at least one more week...

Ahh, that does make sense. The Ravens would get the 5th seed and then the Steelers get thrown back in the mix in the tiebreakers for the 6th seed...in which they have some advantages against the remaining teams.

Sir Blitzelot
12-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Wow, what a finish! Wallace's catch reminded me so much of the Holmes' catch in the Super Bowl. Roethlisberger's performance was simply amazing, and will surely be remembered in the NFL record books for years to come. It's a great day to be a Steelers fan. :tt02:

Troyisabeast_43
12-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Ahh, that does make sense. The Ravens would get the 5th seed and then the Steelers get thrown back in the mix in the tiebreakers for the 6th seed...in which they have some advantages against the remaining teams.

Here is the deal for next Sunday if the Steelers beat the Ravens,the Pats beat the Jags in New England,the Eagles beat the Broncos in Philly,the Colts beat the Jets in Indy,and Miami beats Houston in Miami the Steelers will control their own destiny going into Miami if they beat them for the 6th and final seed...All of the teams the Steelers need to lose next week all play on the road and all have very very tough games...So all of those teams losing I just mentioned above looks very very probable...

HUNT4SEVEN
12-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Yea give the ROOK some credit he made a hell of a catch:yellowthumb:

--- Added 12/20/2009 at 07:44 PM ---

This offense has all the tools it needs to win. Draft a left tackle with our first pick and use the rest of the draft to sure up the defense. We just need to get better protection for our franchise QB. Oddly enough most of the pressure comes from his blind side where some lard-*** plays.

:thinking:

Agree:tt02:We don't need a major overhaul, just a good draft, a new OC, ST an OL coahesan we are back in the game........

LarryNJ
12-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Epic catch and drive indeed..if the Steelers win their next 6 games (this year) ;) that throw, catch and drive will go down in history with the greatest drives ever. For now that was certainly the highlight of this season. It was very very exciting. Scrambles, sacks, catches, penaltys it had everything.
(but a runningplay)
;)

Here is the deal for next Sunday if the Steelers beat the Ravens,the Pats beat the Jags in New England,the Eagles beat the Broncos in Philly,the Colts beat the Jets in Indy,and Miami beats Houston in Miami the Steelers will control their own destiny going into Miami if they beat them for the 6th and final seed...All of the teams the Steelers need to lose next week all play on the road and all have very very tough games...So all of those teams losing I just mentioned above looks very very probable...

You rock! :yellowthumb:

DanRooney
12-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Wallace is ok but you guys need to give Limas Sweed another chance. Give him some more looks.

steelerschick1220
12-20-2009, 08:54 PM
If they make the playoffs, I won't know whether to die of happiness or laugh form the surprise of it all. Hard to believe that them getting in is still a possibility.

It is just so awesome to get a win again.

Troyisabeast_43
12-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Wallace is ok but you guys need to give Limas Sweed another chance. Give him some more looks.

Limas Sweed couldnt carry Mike Wallace's jockstrap at this point and time...Wallace time and time again this season has made some huge huge catches late in games...Sweed is a ****ing bum end of story...

LatrobePA
12-20-2009, 09:59 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2009/09000d5d815216e6_gallery_600.jpg

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Limas Sweed couldnt carry Mike Wallace's jockstrap at this point and time...Wallace time and time again this season has made some huge huge catches late in games...Sweed is a ****ing bum end of story...

I think calling him a bum is a bit pre-mature......Use to be a rule to give WR's three years before really judging them......I agree he has had some huge drops so far in his young career but I'm not ready to give up on him yet and Tomlin still needs to give him some reps.....Only way the kid is going to improve.....

LatrobePA
12-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Limas jerseys will sell well next year! He'll be a star, Wallace just beat him to it this year!

Clevelandsux
12-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Limas beans! He sucks. I think they'll cut his *** next year.

--- Added 12/20/2009 at 09:32 PM ---

If our defense didn't suck so bad, we wouldn't have had to go on to the last play in order to win.

Zachintosh66
12-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Switch Sweed to DB :stirpot: :lol:

steelerschick1220
12-20-2009, 10:57 PM
I was watching the final play again with my sister and I remarked how if that had been Sweed, he would've caught the ball for a split second and then dropped it. And then, hundreds of Steeler fans would have stormed the field and beat the crap out of him.

Moondog
12-20-2009, 11:58 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2009/09000d5d815216e6_gallery_600.jpg

Beautiful shot. I was there, man, talk about pandemonium!!! It's surreal to witness stuff like that first hand. I'm back home and still have a big grin on my face. :tt02: :tt02:

LatrobePA
12-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Beautiful shot. I was there, man, talk about pandemonium!!! It's surreal to witness stuff like that first hand. I'm back home and still have a big grin on my face. :tt02: :tt02:

You picked one hell of a game to be at, good deal man!

Steelhead4life
12-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Thank god we have such an awesome QB because our secondary got carved up once again. We need changes in our secondary period! This has to end! I'm tired of watching them give up huge plays on third down. Good job O line and Ben was spectacular today!! :banana: