PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler role?

kgreen
12-20-2009, 01:55 AM
With the season officially on life support, what do you guys expect from this next game? Judging by their performance in the Browns game, there is little fight left in this team. One case that could be made for them winning is how they have played to the level of each and everyone of their opponents. This same team that lost to KC, Oakland, and Cleveland also beat Minnesota, San Diego and Denver. So I know we can hang with the Green Bay Packers.

However, this is what concerns me about this game: The Packers are fighting for their playoff lives right now and we have nothing to fight for. We are out of the playoff picture and are on a 5 game losing streak. The only thing we have left to play for is pride. And Aaron Rodgers is on fire right now. One could make a case that he is one of the top QB's in the league. Our first order of business has to be shutting down Rodgers. We must go after him and pressure his game. If we do that then we have a good chance in this game.

However if we let Rodgers have a field day, then this game could get ugly. there seems to be no fire and no will left in the 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers. If this team has any pride left in the tank, then they will give this game everything they have. We have nothing to lose in anyway except another game to add to that miserable streak we are on.

Overall: I think we lose this one. It concerns me that we had virtually no fight in the Cleveland game. It concerns me more that our weak secondary has to go up against that dangerous Packers attack. I think this could be our first double digit loss of the season. I really want to see a win here, particularly against Green Bay, but I don't see it.

Final: Packers win, 27-13

Moondog
12-20-2009, 02:27 AM
I think we'll see some fire in them. They do have pride to play for and a remote chance of the playoffs, not to mention , they are at home. I just hope we see a good game, especially because I'll be there! If the Steelers could just get this win.... then they will win out. It's a big "if" though.

Clevelandsux
12-20-2009, 03:49 AM
I agree, as horrible as we've played if get a win, it could start something. Jacksonville lost. Now I'm not holding my breathe. But just win, baby!

DanRooney
12-20-2009, 05:30 AM
Steelers lose again by 1 score or less. It's the story of the season.

kgreen
12-20-2009, 09:50 AM
I think we'll see some fire in them. They do have pride to play for and a remote chance of the playoffs, not to mention , they are at home. I just hope we see a good game, especially because I'll be there! If the Steelers could just get this win.... then they will win out. It's a big "if" though.

We've had a chance at the playoffs for weeks now and there was no fire whatsoever. It is just hard to believe in this team.

jpele
12-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Steelers lose again by 1 score or less. It's the story of the season.

But that's against bad teams. I've been saying for two weeks that Tomlin has lost the team,I really don't want to believe it,so today they come out and prove me wrong. We won't lose another game.

Steelers 28 Packers 17

Moondog
12-20-2009, 12:29 PM
We've had a chance at the playoffs for weeks now and there was no fire whatsoever. It is just hard to believe in this team.

I know it looks bleak, but I still have some faith that the Steelers have some faith in themselves, although it might be hidden by the season's disappointments...it's there somewhere. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best is where I'm at. :tt02: