PDA

View Full Version : Joe Thomas: James Harrison Flops

Phenomenal TJ
12-19-2009, 10:57 PM
In the past, Steelers linebacker James Harrison has complained that not enough holding penalties are called against the blockers who try to keep him away from their quarterbacks.

Now, Harrison is being accused of doing too much to influence the throwing of flags.

Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain Dealer recently reported that Browns left tackle Joe Thomas believes Harrison "flopped" to draw a holding call in each of the two games that Cleveland played against Pittsburgh.

"It's something James Harrison has been doing," Thomas told Grossi. "It seems like he didn't do it last year. Now he's kind of perfected it. When you push him by the quarterback, if he doesn't think he can get to the quarterback anymore, he thinks the best thing for him to do is kind of flop as dramatically as possible and hope it baits the ref into throwing the flag.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/19/joe-thomas-says-james-harrison-flops/

Zachintosh66
12-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Honestly, I forget which game (raiders perhaps) I seen he did it twice in a row. I was thinking to myself wtf if he doing? But then didnt give much more thought to it...

OC Steel Curtain
12-19-2009, 11:49 PM
yea i noticed he really turns his shoulders to show the offensive linemen's left arm extended and it looks like a hold, and is usually a hold.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2009, 12:28 AM
James has perfected the art of turning himself towards the official so they can see when he's being held, so yeah why the hell not. If he can make them see it and it gives him more of a chance to draw a flag then sure, he'd be dumb not too.

Phenomenal TJ
12-20-2009, 02:51 AM
Howie Long used to do the same thing.

steelersbabex25
12-20-2009, 09:00 AM
I think what this Joe Thomas is failing to notice is that last year, James Harrison was literally held on maybe..70%? 75% of plays, and it was never called. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Stlrs4Life
12-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Screw Joe Thomas.

jpele
12-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Screw Joe Thomas.

:ditto:

TampaSteelGirl
12-21-2009, 01:08 PM
I think what this Joe Thomas is failing to notice is that last year, James Harrison was literally held on maybe..70%? 75% of plays, and it was never called. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

:yellowthumb:

If the refs turned a blind eye to it..why not shove it right in their face...the man can't preform while being illegally held 3/4th of a game....geez!!!!

dawgs
12-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Joe Thomas owns everyone. Guys a beast. But he is right. I love my kent state boys, but I'm gonna call him AV for now on.

ejsteeler
12-22-2009, 08:38 PM
:trollsign: