PDA

View Full Version : "Jerome Who"???

LatrobePA
12-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Ben is fired up, I liked this article, we all know what happened when Tiki talked **** on Eli, they went on a streak and won it all that year! I said in another thread if the stars align and this team wins out and makes the post season we'll have #7!

I also said it is a HUGE if!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=teamreports-2009-nfl-pit&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report

Big T
12-18-2009, 08:31 PM
A VERY huge if....

LatrobePA
12-18-2009, 08:52 PM
A VERY huge if....

I agree 100000000% man! If they made it to the po's that would mean they made a complete 180 and with Troy coming back for the last game would also mean having him for our very unlikely run!

It's been over a week and the bad taste is finally leaving my mouth and allowing me to think positive again! I'm sure this will just pass like gas come Sunday night!

Big T
12-18-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm not quite as worried as others on here....don't get me wrong, this run has been absolutely laughable but the steelers ALWAYS play to the level of the competition....that's why there are all these people that say, "we beat San Diego, Minnesota, and Denver but we lose to Kansas City, Oakland, and Cleveland?"

It's just because they play to the level of the competition and it pisses me off(When we play ****** teams of course)

so nobody should be suprised if they actually win Sunday.

LatrobePA
12-18-2009, 09:31 PM
The best thing for this team right now is the chip on their shoulders, I wouldn't be suprised like you to see them go out and have a good game and win...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2009, 10:47 PM
They should have had a chip on their shoulder from the first time they lost to Cincy in the beginning of the year, and then again when they got swept. Where was the chip when they lose to the Ravens, the Chiefs, Raiders, and now finally it takes a Browns loss for this team to get pissed off? :evilshake:

LatrobePA
12-18-2009, 11:17 PM
They should have had a chip on their shoulder from the first time they lost to Cincy in the beginning of the year, and then again when they got swept. Where was the chip when they lose to the Ravens, the Chiefs, Raiders, and now finally it takes a Browns loss for this team to get pissed off? :evilshake:

Yea you're right, I keep thinking each week will be diffrent, after 5 games I should of learned my lesson....I see a tiny light at the end of the tunnel I guess!

floodcitygirl
12-19-2009, 12:57 AM
They should have had a chip on their shoulder from the first time they lost to Cincy in the beginning of the year, and then again when they got swept. Where was the chip when they lose to the Ravens, the Chiefs, Raiders, and now finally it takes a Browns loss for this team to get pissed off? :evilshake:The first Cincy game was enough for me......:evilshake:

75Steeler
12-19-2009, 10:34 AM

I agree with Six on this one it is a little late in the season to get pissd off then try and make some great run for glory. :evilshake:

jackhammer1
12-19-2009, 12:39 PM
"REED KICKS RECORD 10 FIELD GOALS, STEELERS WIN 30-28!"

LatrobePA
12-19-2009, 01:18 PM
"REED KICKS RECORD 10 FIELD GOALS, STEELERS WIN 30-28!"

lol it's a win! :yellowthumb:

steelersbabex25
12-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Good for Ben, I agree with him 100%. You can't say what the state of the team is unless you're in the locker room with them. All we and the media can do is speculate on what we think might be going on, and that's probably the frustrating part for them.

LatrobePA
12-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Good for Ben, I agree with him 100%. You can't say what the state of the team is unless you're in the locker room with them. All we and the media can do is speculate on what we think might be going on, and that's probably the frustrating part for them.

It's tough as a diehard fan reading all the BS written about our team lately, and I guess the players only have themselves to blame. But being the only team in the league with 6 makes me feel a little better. You're bound to have a bad season, and if this one falls short you better believe we'll come back next year on a mission and some fresh faces and a ton to prove!!

Iron City South
12-19-2009, 04:20 PM
What I find amazing are those that are willing to throw Bussy under the ... ugh, Bus .... just because he came out and spoke the truth.

When you lose to the Chefs, Raiders, and Browns ... in the manner that we lost, I'm sorry .... you rolled over. You lost your pride, your purpose, and your spirit ..

This team has a serious lack of leadership on it right now.

TEEMONT
12-19-2009, 04:27 PM

pfff sure the the Bus can say whats goin on in th elocker room. The dude has been in locker rooms for the vast majority of his life, so he knows whats up.

The only people that really have NO CLUE are people who havent played the game. The locker room in high school in college is not tha tmuch different than the one in the pro's.

steelersbabex25
12-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Every situation is different. He can't say what's for sure going on in the locker room right now.

LatrobePA
12-19-2009, 05:42 PM
I have no problem with what was said....Point is he may of fired these bums up to play some Steelers style football....

steelersbabex25
12-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Oh yeah he's entitled to his opinion, just like every analyst, all I'm saying is I understand where Ben's coming from.

Clevelandsux
12-19-2009, 10:02 PM
I agree with Bettis. He like the rest of us Steelers fans feel the same way. You wanna shut up your critics, start winning!

Iron City South
12-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Ben needs to start showing more leadership and assert himself to get others to play at a higher level. I'm tired of his bullshit "canned" post-game presser responses. To listen to him defend his O-line every damn game when they look like **** makes me want to puke. He tends to want to shoulder the blame to the media to the point that he's losing credibility because it's simply not true. He just doesn't have the balls to call others out.

Clevelandsux
12-19-2009, 10:07 PM
ben needs to stop throwing red zone ints.

SteelCityKid5
12-19-2009, 10:17 PM
or we need to stop throwing all together in the red zone and run the ball more

LatrobePA
12-19-2009, 10:28 PM
or we need to stop throwing all together in the red zone and run the ball more

Hit it!:yellowthumb:

Zachintosh66
12-19-2009, 11:13 PM
I think we match up very well vs the Packers...

Their OL is suspect and Woodley is all of a sudden having a good year...
Grant should be held with our good run D...
If we can get to Rodgers that should improve our secondary's chances...
Dont throw near Woodson...
Give Mendy a healthy dose (more than 15 touches)...
Limit our 5 WR sets (leave a back in to block)...
Limit our 3 TE sets unless its a "and inches" play...
It would be nice for our D to get a TO, even better for a CB to get a pick...

stat of the day... we are -13 in TO from last year... granted last year we had one of the best D's ever but still... 16 this year, 29 last season

Phenomenal TJ
12-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Nothing wrong with what either one of them said. Both brought up good points.

Bettis wasn't trying to take a shot at the team, he was just doing what he's asked to do as an analyst - tell it like it is.