PDA

View Full Version : Steelers still have a pulse...

Troyisabeast_43
12-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Albeit it's a very very small one after the Jags lost to the Colts last night. It's still all going to come down to that Ravens and Bears game on Sunday in Baltimore and of course whether or not the Steelers can actually win a ****ing game and beat the Packers. If the Ravens do happen to lose to the Bears and from what Im hearing that game is suppose to have possibly 7-8 inches of snow in that game which definitely would even things out a lot in that game, and the Steelers know that result come 415 and then proceed to beat the Packers then the Steelers would be right back in the thick of this wildcard race.

One more thing here is you should also be rooting for the Miami Dolphins to win their next 2 games before they play the Steelers which are against the Titans and Texans. By Miami doing this they will knock out the Texans for the Steelers by giving them 8 losses,and also knock out the New York Jets as well for the Steelers seeing that they own the division tiebraker over them because they swept them. All the Steelers would have to do then is beat Miami on January 3rd if this all takes place and they will be the 6th seed in the AFC. I know it might sound crazy but if the Ravens lose and the Steelers win this Sunday they will have a ton of momentum going into that game here with the Ravens next Sunday and the Steelers odds of making the playoffs at 9-7 will increase tremendously...

LatrobePA
12-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Nice write up, but like you said we need to win out to even stand a chance...

LarryNJ
12-18-2009, 04:27 PM
I hope it happens for no other reason than I love to read your what if's TIB! :)

Troyisabeast_43
12-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Here is another what if for next week if all this happens this weekend that can simplify things a lot going into next weekend. If the Ravens lose to the Bears and the Jets lose to the Falcons this weekend,and the Steelers beat the Packers and the Dolphins beat the Titans then all the Steelers would need to do the following week is of course beat the Ravens at home, have the Jags lose in New England which will probably happen, and finally have the Dolphins beat the Houston Texans in Miami. If this all occurs then it will all come down to that Steelers Miami game in Miami on January 3rd for the 6th and final seed...Hope that clears things up a bit and makes things more clearer on why I said you need to root for the Dolphins to beat the Titans and Texans before their game with the Steelers on January 3rd...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2009, 05:25 PM
There is no one better than breaking down What if's than 43 :hail: I swear you are the eternal optimist man, I give you all the props in the world for that!

As far as what can happen, I could suddenly sprout wings and fly to the moon in a perfect world...so we'll see if our Steelers can suddenly sprout up the urge to actually win a game. :lol:

SteelCityKid5
12-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Crazy stuff has happened. I'd like a win first then we can talk "if's".

Troyisabeast_43
12-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Crazy stuff sure has happened just look at the Arizona Cardinals a year ago they had a terrible month of December and got blown out by the Patriots by 40 points and turned it around and were one miraculous TD catch from Santanio Holmes from hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in February. A Steelers win this week and a Ravens loss will most definitely give them new life...

--- Added 12/18/2009 at 04:13 PM ---

Just saw on NFL.com that the Ravens have moved their game with the Bears to 4:15 because of the snowstorm moving into Baltimore this weekend for safety reasons. That's a real bummer because I was looking forward to watching the Bears and Ravens at 1 o clock before the Steelers game and now we wont be able too. Both games are on Fox as well so there is no way it will be on TV at 4 o clock during the Steelers game for anybody to keep an eye on...

Ibleedblk&gld
12-18-2009, 06:14 PM
i'll be at the steelers/ravens game next weekend..if i had to pick 1 game for us to win out of these last 3, it would be that one...just to ruin the ravens chances of a wildcard, and my buddy that's going w/ us is a ravens fan

SteelersGirlTN7
12-18-2009, 06:18 PM
I think back to the season a couple years ago .. when we had scenarios like this year .. and everything happened how it was supposed to .. EXCEPT the Steelers didnt do their job ... so ....

WIN WIN WIN!! Come on Steelers!! :-)

Steel Trap86
12-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Kickoff between the Ravens and Chicago Bears has been officially moved to 4:15 p.m. Sunday afternoon in light of a heavy snowstorm that is headed for Baltimore.

The City of Baltimore originally recommended the move because of safety concerns, and the NFL approved the change on Friday.

Parking lots will open at 11 a.m. and doors to M&T Bank Stadium will open at 2:45 p.m.

The game was originally slated for a 1 p.m. start. This marks the first local 4:15 p.m. kickoff the Ravens have had this year.

Weather forecasts have varied on the amount of snow that is actually expected fall in Maryland, but the latest have called for something between 10 and 20 inches, starting between 11 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday.

Looks like they moved the kickoff there is so much snow in Baltimore, so that does even up the Bears chances a little bit lol I'm more concerned about the Steelers winning a game then I am about Baltimore losing though.

LatrobePA
12-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Cutler will have 100 yards rushing!

Steel Trap86
12-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Cutler will have 100 yards rushing!

:cope: LOL i HATE cutler

DanRooney
12-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Hey guys we still have a shot at winning the division. If a decent-sized meteorite falls in Qualcomm Stadium this Sunday at 4:05, barring the cancellation of the rest of the NFL season, the crown is ours!!! :banana:

floodcitygirl
12-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Hey guys we still have a shot at winning the division. If a decent-sized meteorite falls in Qualcomm Stadium this Sunday at 4:05, barring the cancellation of the rest of the NFL season, the crown is ours!!! :banana:Good one! :lol:

--- Added 12/19/2009 at 08:29 AM ---

There is no one better than breaking down What if's than 43 :hail: I swear you are the eternal optimist man, I give you all the props in the world for that!

Totally agree. Thanks 43! :tt02:

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Steelers do have a pulse much like Mike Tomlin said yesterday after the game at his press conference. This is why I made this thread to show that the teams we did need to lose this weekend could lose and a bunch of them did lose. We arent going to see any jokes on here being made anymore this week about the Steelers need somebody's plane to crash or a bomb to drop on a stadium the Bengals are playing in or whatever in order for them to have a shot to make the playoffs because their odds of getting in now if they win out have gone up dramatically since a week ago that's a fact...

steelerschick1220
12-22-2009, 12:09 AM
If they make it in after everybody said they wouldn't, I will laugh my arse off. Winning a game or two would be nice. If they make the playoffs, so be it. I just want them to finish off the year on a strong point. Beating the Packers and the Ravens would be nice and if they are in position going into the Miami game, then I'll start really thinking about playoffs.

Troy, it is so awesome of you to always write all this up for us. I like knowing what needs to happen and after reading your posts about three or four times, it seems to sink in.

steelersbabex25
12-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Every AFC team still has a pulse :lol:

steelerschick1220
12-22-2009, 12:21 AM
^LOL. That's true. Some pulses are stronger then others, though.

Troyisabeast_43
12-28-2009, 04:28 PM
The pulse is still alive fellas just like Mike Tomlin said yesterday at his press conference after the game. Like I said a few weeks ago on here this is why everybody in the media should never say they are completely officially done before it's totally hands down official. I knew looking at the other teams the Steelers were chasing that if they won both games against the Packers and Ravens they would still be alive with a chance to get in the playoffs the last week going into the Miami game and that's exactly what has happened. This is why you never give up and you never stop believing guys until it's completely a mortal lock that they are out of the playoffs. Now the Steelers still need to beat a pretty decent Miami team on Sunday in Miami and combinations of either the Texans and Jets both losing or the Texans and Ravens both losing to get in but considering what the odds were 3 weeks ago after the Steelers lost to Cleveland Ill take them...It's not completely totally impossible to think that the Patriots,Raiders,and Bengals cant all win on Sunday...