PDA

View Full Version : Ocho Cinco wears Henry's jersey

75Steeler
12-17-2009, 05:11 PM
The Cincinnati Bengals practiced today following word that wide receiver Chris Henry died earlier today in Charlotte, North Carolina. In this video, you see fellow wide receiver Chad Ocho Cinco (johnson) practicing wearing Henry's #15.

We do NOT know if he intends to try wearing the jersey in the upcoming game against the San Diego Chargers--generally NFL rules require prior permission to change jersey numbers.

LatrobePA
12-17-2009, 05:15 PM
The Cincinnati Bengals practiced today following word that wide receiver Chris Henry died earlier today in Charlotte, North Carolina. In this video, you see fellow wide receiver Chad Ocho Cinco (johnson) practicing wearing Henry's #15.

We do NOT know if he intends to try wearing the jersey in the upcoming game against the San Diego Chargers--generally NFL rules require prior permission to change jersey numbers.

Chad is a mess right now as I'm sure most of the team is...Chad is a good dude, likes to have fun, love or hate him!

He will not be allowed to wear it game day, but he's not afraid of fines so he may just say the heck with it and wear it anyway!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2009, 05:20 PM
I don't doubt he'll wear this weekend, regardless of the fine he'll get. I'm sure the Bengals will all put a "15" sticker on their helmets or something sewn on their jersey's for the rest of the season.

floodcitygirl
12-17-2009, 08:01 PM
They all will be wearing his number on their helmets and they are also having pins made.

LarryNJ
12-17-2009, 08:53 PM
There's no doubt that Chad will do something this week that will get him fined in a tribute to his friend and teammate. I say way to go Ocho! It's a sad sad day for the Bengals and the entire NFL.

75Steeler
12-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Maybe this weekend he should be refered to as Chad Uno Cinco to remember Henry.

JensK
12-18-2009, 08:39 AM
I hope chad scores 3 TDs this week, just because of all the salutes Henry would get.

lloydfan4life
12-19-2009, 01:49 AM
Last I heard on the NFL Network this evening Chad is planning on wearing Henry's jersey for Sunday's game even though he was told not to and will receive a fine if he does.

Listen, I absolutely understand Chad being upset and grieving, and I even understand him wanting to wear Chris' jersey for practice.... but IMO by him wearing the jersey for the game is just another way for Chad to have attention drawn to himself. I think it's another pathetic display of Chad being an attention whore. Take a back seat Ocho and show your respect to Chris the same way the others on your team will... with a sticker on your helmet. Why must you create a circus out of this horrible tragedy? I'll tell you why... because Chad must have the spotlight on himself. :evilshake:

floodcitygirl
12-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Last I heard on the NFL Network this evening Chad is planning on wearing Henry's jersey for Sunday's game even though he was told not to and will receive a fine if he does.

Listen, I absolutely understand Chad being upset and grieving, and I even understand him wanting to wear Chris' jersey for practice.... but IMO by him wearing the jersey for the game is just another way for Chad to have attention drawn to himself. I think it's another pathetic display of Chad being an attention whore. Take a back seat Ocho and show your respect to Chris the same way the others on your team will... with a sticker on your helmet. Why must you create a circus out of this horrible tragedy? I'll tell you why... because Chad must have the spotlight on himself. :evilshake:I couldn't agree more. I was touched by the local interview he gave right after Henry's passing but this makes me question his motivations. The whole thing is just so sad. Surely this is a time for personal restraint.

lloydfan4life
12-19-2009, 02:15 AM
I couldn't agree more. I was touched by the local interview he gave right after Henry's passing but this makes me question his motivations. The whole thing is just so sad. Surely this is a time for personal restraint.

I know what you mean. I too was touched by the interview he gave. That's the first I've actually given Ocho Dumbo any credit for anything he's done. This whole jersey thing just isn't sitting well with me though.

Captcoolhand
12-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Putting on Heneys' jersey and running around field is not only distasteful but totally disrespectful.
Screw the fines..... During a time of grieving for the family, he should be suspended for such an act. If he wants to do something, why line the pockets of the NFL with fines and not give that money to the kids that was left behind.

I'm sure he will milk this spotlight all the way up til game time and them settle with wearing either a patch or his number on his uniform.

75Steeler
12-19-2009, 12:12 PM
I don't know if he will wear the jersey or not but Chad will be Chad and he will do something to draw attention to himself. I just wish he would get in the endzone and tap the Henry patch or number on his helmet to let the fans know who it was for. That would show some class on his part.

Zachintosh66
12-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Chad being Chad... sad when you have to put yourself first even in a situation like this. IF chad attempts to wear the # I'll consider it to be a display of Chads selfishness one again. The helmets will have numbers and the WHOLE LEAGUE is doing a moment of silence. Be respectful Chad and dont think about your own publicity for once.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-19-2009, 08:57 PM
The NFLPA says it will pay his fine http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/7109/video-nflpa-offers-to-cover-fine-for-ochocinco

Ambridge
12-19-2009, 09:05 PM
I don't know if he will wear the jersey or not but Chad will be Chad and he will do something to draw attention to himself. I just wish he would get in the endzone and tap the Henry patch or number on his helmet to let the fans know who it was for. That would show some class on his part.

I agree 100%!!
If "Dumbass" Chad gets a score or even just a nice catch and taps the Henry patch that would be the "Classy" thing to do.....but to make this about yourself and draw attention away from the person you're supposed to be honoring and remembering is really a selfish gesture.

Ibleedblk&gld
12-20-2009, 10:29 AM
i don't see the disrespectful side of this...call me crazy, but we all know chad is an attention whore, and everything he does is in good fun...i think he's trying to pay more respect to his good friend, than just wearing his number on his helmet...this is nothing to get bent out of shape about..and if you read the link sixburgh posted, the NFLPA can't legally pay his fine, but they are matching whatever fine is handed to him, and contributing that to the chris henry fund...

so i say, go for it...pay your respects, and hope for a big fine..kudos to the NFLPA for doing this as well

--- Added 12/20/2009 at 08:29 AM ---

and ESPN says he's not wearing it

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4756880

jpele
12-20-2009, 11:56 AM
In texts sent to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Sunday morning, Ochocinco said he didn't want what would have been a tribute to his former teammate, who passed away Thursday, to become a diversion.

"It's becoming more of a distraction for myself and my team," Ochocinco texted. "Chris wouldn't want it to go the way it is.

Full story (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4756880)

floodcitygirl
12-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Hopefully he has realized that his grandstanding would be a distraction and just allow his team as a whole as well as the NFL pay respects to Chris Henry in the ways that are planned.

TampaSteelGirl
12-21-2009, 02:32 PM
I think Chad was honestly trying to find the best way to honor his friend and teammate. I dont think he was going to do it for attention seriously. HOw do you honor a person who had died so tragic? Henry was a brilliant WR...just so sad his life had to end this way.