PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy Clark Rips Overly Critical Steelers Fans

Ironman
12-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Dec 16, 8:09 PM (ET)
By ALAN ROBINSON

PITTSBURGH (AP) -Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin says his players are becoming angry with their five-game losing streak. Safety Ryan Clark's temper was visible during an extended rant aimed at overly critical fans and the intense scrutiny the six-time Super Bowl champions receive.

Clark said the unhappy fans don't understand how much work goes into every game, and he suggested he's no longer playing for all of them. He also said the Steelers, one of the NFL's most popular franchises, are held to a higher standard in Pittsburgh than teams in other NFL markets.

"You watch the Eagles, you watch the big plays. You watch things given up (on defense)," Clark said Wednesday. "And I started checking other media outlets. You don't hear the things about them in their media that you hear about us. So either we're held to a higher standard or the people that write about us are (expletive)."

While Clark insisted he's not becoming "depressed" by the losing streak or the fans' reaction to it, he made fun of a fan who mailed him a highly critical letter. Clark posted the unsigned letter on a team bulletin board, but a club official later removed it.

The letter cited nine reasons why the Steelers (6-7) are embarrassing themselves during a losing streak that ties for their longest in 10 seasons. Singled out was a defense that has allowed fourth-quarter leads to evaporate in all but one Steelers loss.

Last season, that Steelers led the NFL in fewest yards, passing yards and points allowed and narrowly missed giving up the fewest rushing yards. Playing at such a high level might have made fans think it's possible for the defense to perform like that every season, Clark said, rather than understanding that 2008 was "special."

Clark alternately praised fans for their loyalty and rebuked them for being too caustic.

"This year, increasingly, it's made me realize that you have to play for your organization, you have to play for your teammates, you have to play for yourself, for your family, because the people on the outside don't understand the frustration you go through," Clark said. "They don't understand the work you put in every day. A lot of people think we come in here and practice a couple of hours and then go out on Sunday and play this game. That's not how it is. This becomes your life."

The outburst was uncharacteristic for Clark, who last year received a media cooperation award that is named after Steelers founder Art Rooney Sr.

Clark, who is in the last season of his contract, initially planned to be critical once the season ended, but decided to move up the timetable.

"We're working hard, man," Clark said. "None of us are going out there like you want to give up a big play. None of us are going out there like we want to lose. But the one thing I'm not going to do is be depressed. I'm not going to go home and beat my wife. You know what I mean? I'm going to get down on my knees every night and thank God for the blessings I have."

Clark did not speculate how his remarks might be perceived during difficult economic times by fans who might make one-hundredth the yearly salary of the average player, yet scrimp to spend some of their discretionary income on NFL tickets.

"It's obviously frustrating, but there's not going to be despair," Clark said. "You get hate mail from fans, they tell you that you (expletive) and all that. And that's fine, because there's a reason they watch the game."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand where he's coming from, but I've lost all respect for Clark after this. He treats fans as babies without pacifiers, as idiots with microphones, basically as if we mean nothing to the game. Without fans, this little game called football, well it wouldn't exist. Did Clark ever think that the reason why the Steelers are so highly criticized is because they are the DEFENDING world champions! Or maybe it's because they LOST to teams with a shittier roster than most Div II colleges.... Clark needs to check himself. Hate mail is one thing, but criticizing your entire fan base, well that's just f*ckn' stupid.

"he suggested he's no longer playing for all of them" (The fans) -- Well good, because if that's how he plays for us, I would rather see Bob Dole at safety.

DanRooney
12-17-2009, 03:12 AM
Helmet-to-helmet Clark is doo doo without Troy

JensK
12-17-2009, 03:40 AM
Hmm, lets see... Why do people bash Steelers, not Eagles. I have no clue - actually, wait... COULD it possible be that its because Eagles are pretty much certain to win their division (a division stronger than Steelers), and they are playing pretty solid football? Nah, i guess that is just a reach...

Clark knows just as much as anyone else, that when you loose, fans is going to be angry just along with the players. Of course, we held them to a high standart, that is the natural consequence of winning 2 SBs in 4 years. I mean, look at patriots. They still have a pretty good score, but they are not winning all games with 30-40 points, and all of a sudent, their fans think they suck. Thats what winning does, and Ryan Clark should know that.

OC Steel Curtain
12-17-2009, 03:47 AM
lol.. blog fans arent gunna like this one! :stirpot:

UKSTEELER
12-17-2009, 04:14 AM
He can put all the effort into planning and practice that he wants, at the end of the day it comes down to what happens on the field on Sunday, the application of sheer talent . . . being in the right place at the right time, breaking up a deep pass, intercepting a thrown ball, bringing down a guy before he reaches the sticks on 3rd down.

All of which we have seen very little this season from Mr Clark and friends. :bunny:

NCSteeler
12-17-2009, 06:19 AM
I'm sure he got letters from the most ignorant fans around, but it's no excuse for his behavior. He needs to be mad at himself and his team mates for their lousy performance. I don't much about how hard you work if you are not getting your job done. I know my boss doesn't care if I work hard and then FAIL at my job.
I love how he cares that they are the forth ranked Defense, like that means **** when you are watching the playoffs from your living room. Maybe you can go in the record book as the greatest defense to not make the playoffs

coldrolled
12-17-2009, 07:58 AM
This team needs to fire the OC or ST coach now. Before it all blows up.

Something has to happen now. This waiting and ignoring all the coaching problems is going to kill this team.

Tomlin needs to fire people now.

LarryNJ
12-17-2009, 08:23 AM
"You watch the Eagles, you watch the big plays. You watch things given up (on defense)," Clark said Wednesday. "And I started checking other media outlets. You don't hear the things about them in their media that you hear about us. So either we're held to a higher standard or the people that write about us are (expletive)."

First off the Philly media is much harder on the Eagles than the Pgh. media...and as far as the fans go the Eagles fans are just as hard as the Steeler fans on their team.

Instead of checking other media outlets and crying to yourself, maybe you should spend that time on working on your game.

Ambridge
12-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Ryan Clark just needs to Shut-up!!

He talks about being held to a Higher Standard??

Well...when you play for a franchise that has won 6 Lombardi Trophy's then...yes...you will be held to higher standard of expectation and tradition.
You should know!! Weren't you part of 2 of those championship teams??
He acts like all of a sudden that the Expectation to play at a High level is too much to handle and that the fans have no business holding him and the rest of the teams feet to the fire for their pathetic play.

I grew up in Pittsburgh and the sports fans are Brutal and Merciless particularly when the Steelers don't play well.
There is pretty much an unwritten Zero Tolerance Policy for **** Poor Performances....and last years winning record doesn't mean SQUAT.

How about reading less fan mail, sports pages and the blogs and concentrating more on your job??

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Yet another sign that this team is continuing to implode. You just don't have Steeler players calling out the fans like this and Tomlin needs to have a long talk about his and controlling his tongue. I'm sure all the letters he got were from the most ignorant & retarded ones around, which doesn't help matters any, but still you need to check yourself before you talk to the media.

Of course there's a reason that most fans are never going to be NFL players, we're fans for a reason and we're ok with that. We pay our money and spend our time supporting this team because we like being fans and we're ok with not being on the field. Nobody should be sending hate mail to a player, that's just dumb and makes the rest of us look the same because you know we'll get stereotyped.

If Clarke is that niave to think that the Steelers aren't held to a higher standard then he's completely blind. Fans are brutal because they've been accustomed to winning for the last 2 decades and then before that all through the 70's so we expect greatness. Obviously some fans are idiots and can't handle their own emotions so they spout off, but he should know this. You won 2 super bowls with this team dude, and they won 4 more before you got there so put 2 + 2 together here and think before you speak.

Fans shouldn't expect perfection, but it's what fans do with teams like the Steelers. I mean if we were the Bills here or something, where we suck every year then things would be different from a fans perspective.

lloydfan4life
12-17-2009, 08:44 AM
"You watch the [Philadelphia] Eagles, you watch the big plays. You watch things given up. And I started checking other media outlets. You don't hear the things about them in their media that you hear about us. So either we're held to a higher standard or the people that write about us are turds."

Read more: http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/09351/1021591-66.stm#ixzz0ZxAfRRNK

He said 'Turds'... :rofl:

franchise3
12-17-2009, 08:48 AM
I understand where he's coming from, but I've lost all respect for Clark after this. He treats fans as babies without pacifiers, as idiots with microphones, basically as if we mean nothing to the game. Without fans, this little game called football, well it wouldn't exist. Did Clark ever think that the reason why the Steelers are so highly criticized is because they are the DEFENDING world champions! Or maybe it's because they LOST to teams with a shittier roster than most Div II colleges.... Clark needs to check himself. Hate mail is one thing, but criticizing your entire fan base, well that's just f*ckn' stupid.

"he suggested he's no longer playing for all of them" (The fans) -- Well good, because if that's how he plays for us, I would rather see Bob Dole at safety.

I agree with you wholeheartedly here. I am sure he received some mail from idiots and ignorant so called "fans" but by saying that you are not playing for the fans anymore he is putting himself on their level. Much like he is saying that they don't understand what goes in the preparation for the game etc. he is showing that he doesn't understand the fans. I was a professional athlete who probably spent more time preparing for my sporting events than Clark (but got paid much less :() and I feel insulted by his comments because he doesn't care about the fans who put bread on his table. Ryan, I hope that you have only 3 games left with the Steelers because you and Reed are done as far as the Steelers Nation is concerned.

LatrobePA
12-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Hey Ryan,

The goal is to stop them B4 they get into the endzone! Do this and we'll bitch less!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Quite honestly, any fan with any common sense knows that the players don't live for the fans. They go out on the field and perform with the ultimate goal of winning a championship every year, regardless of who is watching. We're not idiots, we know players play for each other and for their families. Hell I don't go to work because I think that Ben Roethlisberger wants me too, I go to put food on the table and pay my bills and all that.

It is however, kind of an unwritten rule that you don't cross the fans, because we do support you with our money and our time, we show up every sunday to cheer you on at Heinz and every other stadium you visit. Steeler fans are unique in that we travel so well and the fan base is all over the world, so griping about fans to the media is not a smart move regardless of how you feel inside.

You can bet too that if Clark is here next year, he'll get a cold reception from a lot of fans in Latrobe unless he apologizes or atleast clarifies his statements to the media about us.

igor0190
12-17-2009, 09:41 AM
He shouldn't have said anything at all, but what did he really say that was so bad?
He should be playing for his teammates, organization, and family before the fans. All players should. Perhaps some of you are being a little over sensitive.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Pretty sure the standard response from this board to Clark is:

Go suck a bag of d1cks.

LatrobePA
12-17-2009, 09:46 AM

Go suck a bag of d1cks.

You're catching on Joe! lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Fans will get upset, and many will blow it out of proportion. Clark wasn't thinking before he spoke, and when he sits down with Tomlin to talk about this or just has a second to reflect he'll realize he should have held his tongue. He's usually not like this but sooner or later the stress of a bad season gets to everyone.

Nobody is expecting him to say he plays for us every week, but saying that you "don't" play for us wasn't the right way to go about it. In this case saying less, would have been better. So yeah, uumm Ryan, how about you just not worry about the stupid letters you get from fans and worry about your play on the field.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-17-2009, 09:55 AM
You're catching on Joe! lol

I'd have an issue with some millionaire ball player criticizing me too. Most of these NFL players haven't been accountable for anything in their entire lives accept playing well for 60 minutes a week. They get a free pass through high school because they are all-americans. They get a free ride into and through college because they are in "The Program". They get away with speeding because the local cop doesn't want to give a ticket to one of their players. Then when someone finally wants to hold them accountable for the one thing that they've been responsible for all their lives...they complain and criticize the fans. I'm going to bet that Troy smacked this idiot in the head and told him to shut up.

TampaSteelGirl
12-17-2009, 10:10 AM

Go suck a bag of d1cks.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

papabaier
12-17-2009, 10:12 AM
This team needs to fire the OC or ST coach now. Before it all blows up.

Something has to happen now. This waiting and ignoring all the coaching problems is going to kill this team.

Tomlin needs to fire people now.

I agree. The coaches have not put players in right position to win with the crappy game plans and lack of adjustments in game. BUT even when the call is right players are NOT executing. Farrior looks slower and slower each game. Secondary just plain SUCKS. Ben can be dumb as a rock at times, making the same bonehead mistakes over and over again. But Ben is tough and is a great field general. Without him last year the coaches would have already be gone.

Ironman
12-17-2009, 10:43 AM
but what did he really say that was so bad?
He should be playing for his teammates, organization, and family before the fans. All players should. Perhaps some of you are being a little over sensitive.

Read the full transcript of his 'rant' and you'll understand why some of us are "being a little over sensitive," Clark just started his tirade out of no where. He also seemed very calm and sincere when he addressed the media and fans yesterday. His comments are out of pure frustration, but that does not excuse his accusations.

Clark believes that the Steelers' organization is in an overtly criticizing media outlet, he doesn't know ****. Come and play in Chicago-- you'll see what its like to be thrown under a bus for only ONE bad game. Or go to Philly where you say they don't criticize their team as much-- Philly fans are still unsure about their franchise QB Donovan McNabb, I'm sure they are just ready and willing to accept a FS who doesn't do well in coverage or lay down the punishing hits like he's accustomed to.

TampaSteelGirl
12-17-2009, 11:08 AM
I think we fans have been quite tolerant until this Browns loss...so can he honestly blame the fans for being upset when alot of fans travel all over the country just to watch the Steelers play...I'm one who can accept a hard fought loss but these past few games have been pathetic and I don't how he can sit there and honestly say they are working so hard.......how hard should it be to stop the worst defense in the NFL with 5 starters gone or pick off a very shaky Brady Quinn and his horrible offense line??????? :OA02:

Oh and how would they like to come out of the tunnels during home and especially away games and see not one terrible towel waving in support....needs to shut his mouth! We paid $4,000 for our Superbowl tickets to support the Steelers even with the economy so bad....so do I get a refund for being a over critical fan? I don't expect us to win every game and I surely don't expect us to repeat SB again this year but what I do expect to see and especially when I pay for it is a team to play their hearts out every week and i'm surely not seeing that....

ejsteeler
12-17-2009, 11:12 AM
I don't have a problem with him firing off a couple shots, I thinks it's foolish to slam the whole of Steeler Nation, but I don't have a problem with it. At least we know there is some fire left.......now if it is contagious and we can see it on the field, that would be nice. :yesnod:

Miller83
12-17-2009, 11:17 AM
I compare Ryan Clark to Scottie Pippen; both are/were s**t players when not beside their Hall of Fame or future Hall of Fame Superstar teammates. Jordan made Pippen's career; he was the worst player ever when Jordan retired, and cried like a baby and threw tantrums numerous times. Troy Polamalu has made Ryan Clark's career, and so far without him, Clark looks like he hasnt a clue he is playing football, much less what to do if he does know he's playing. I hope we get rid of him! :tt02:

TampaSteelGirl
12-17-2009, 11:21 AM
I don't have a problem with him firing off a couple shots, I thinks it's foolish to slam the whole of Steeler Nation, but I don't have a problem with it. At least we know there is some fire left.......now if it is contagious and we can see it on the field, that would be nice. :yesnod:

I agree there too!!! Take it to the field Clark! :tt02:

LatrobePA
12-17-2009, 11:36 AM
My oh my how how quickly this team went down the shitter!

Clark calling the fans out, Tomlin not unleasing hell, Hines somewhat bashing Ben on Prime Time TV, Troy being hurt, Smith on IR, Ben laying the pipe to some skank and getting accused of rape, should I keep going??

The combo of the above is what sank the ship, oh and the TERRIBLE play calling!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-17-2009, 11:41 AM
My oh my how how quickly this team went down the shitter!

Clark calling the fans out, Tomlin not unleasing hell, Hines somewhat bashing Ben on Prime Time TV, Troy being hurt, Smith on IR, Ben laying the pipe to some skank and getting accused of rape, should I keep going??

The combo of the above is what sank the ship, oh and the TERRIBLE play calling!

Pre-season troubles for Ben seem to be a bad omen for the team.

LatrobePA
12-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Pre-season troubles for Ben seem to be a bad omen for the team.

Was my point 100%! I'm sure I'll get flamed for bringing it up....

ejsteeler
12-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Was my point 100%! I'm sure I'll get flamed for bringing it up....

no, in a game of statistics, how can that be argued? :dunno:

LatrobePA
12-17-2009, 11:51 AM
"stats are for losers"

ejsteeler
12-17-2009, 11:55 AM
"stats are for losers"

:lol:

igor0190
12-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Definately was foolish of Clark to criticize Steeler Nation... He should have held his tongue. I mean all the players know that they have fans like no other who travel and support their team in every stadium.

Judging by his play on the field Clark will be gone next year. Unless of course nobody else is interested in him and he signs for little money.

75Steeler
12-17-2009, 12:18 PM
I didn't take Clark's comments as negative against all Steeler fans. He said that some were going a little overboard with comments directly to players. I didn't think he ripped anything he wasn't loud or mad or anything he was simply talking with reporters in the locker room. The Post Gazette and others have blown this interview way out of what it really is.

:imho:

lloydfan4life
12-17-2009, 12:20 PM
I didn't take Clark's comments as negative against all Steeler fans. He said that some were going a little overboard with comments directly to players.

It was probably the same guy who tormented Tommy Maddox by throwing trash on his lawn.

SteelCityKid5
12-17-2009, 12:45 PM
I guess to some people in here the truth hurts.

TheSteelPenguin
12-17-2009, 12:52 PM
I know that most Steeler fans are as passionate about our Black n' Gold as we are about anything, but there are a few, a very vocal few, who give us a bad name. The fact that someone sent an unsigned letter to Ryan Clark complaining about the defense and detailing how Clark, one of the hardest hitting/playing safeties in the NFL, wasn't doing his job is unpardonable. The person who wrote that letter redefines the term, "Gutless Punk". I have always took solace in a Steelers loss by thinking about the 53 guys and the coaching staff that felt worse then I did. I still believe that is how these guys feel. Ryan Clark has a right to be angry.:helmet:

jpele
12-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Ryan Clark should STFU and go away. If fans expecting their favorite team to beat the three worst teams in the NFL sets the bar a little high maybe he should play for one of them,then expectations wouldn't be so hard for you to attain.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Nobody is condoning the idiot that wrote in and didn't have the guts to sign his name to the letter, whoever it is is a coward! The issue here is that Clark should have kept it to himself and not added fuel to the fire of this already disappointing season. He should know better than to call out fans, and make this a bigger deal than it should have been.

Players get more hate mail then Im sure the average fan will ever know about, but most times it just goes unnoticed because players don't vocalize outside the locker room about it. Clark is usually very fan friendly and media savvy, but the pressure's of this crappy season got to him. Will he lose sleep over this, probably not, but in the interest of public relations to the Steeler Nation I think he really should issue some type of remark about what he said.

Fans are already pissed off enough, let alone feeling like they are being stereotyped now in with this idiot, and even more thinking that Clark and the team don't care about them anymore.

zulater
12-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Nobody is condoning the idiot that wrote in and didn't have the guts to sign his name to the letter, whoever it is is a coward! The issue here is that Clark should have kept it to himself and not added fuel to the fire of this already disappointing season. He should know better than to call out fans, and make this a bigger deal than it should have been.

Players get more hate mail then Im sure the average fan will ever know about, but most times it just goes unnoticed because players don't vocalize outside the locker room about it. Clark is usually very fan friendly and media savvy, but the pressure's of this crappy season got to him. Will he lose sleep over this, probably not, but in the interest of public relations to the Steeler Nation I think he really should issue some type of remark about what he said.

Fans are already pissed off enough, let alone feeling like they are being stereotyped now in with this idiot, and even more thinking that Clark and the team don't care about them anymore.

Well said. :yellowthumb:

steelersbabex25
12-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Yeah, that was completely unnecessary, but I have a hard time being mad at Ryan Clark for this (not just because he's my favorite player :)). I've been to training camp and talked to him a few times, and he was one of the only Steelers who came out and stayed to actually talk to the fans...I highly doubt that he hates Steeler Nation. It's just a lapse of judgement, a little bit of frustration, and in 2 days he'll come out with an apology for what he said. People have said worse.

Prosdo
12-17-2009, 02:53 PM
All Ryan Clark did was make himself look like an ***. He should have known nothing good could come from such comments.

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Im with most of you on this one that Ryan Clark's comments and outburst yesterday was completely ridiculous and very childish if you ask me. Whatever criticism Clark resents or cant deal with he needs to get the **** over it...Maybe they should tell Clark to learn how to catch an interception or two instead of focusing on things like this. I hope they show Clark the door after hearing this because seeing him totally disrespect loyal Steelers fan like myself and others I dont want him resigned and apart of this team any longer...

Moondog
12-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Wow....this is a bizarre year to say the least...all these players airing dirty laundry in the Steeler organization, man what's the world coming to. It's strange to hear about Clark pointing the finger, I guess that's what people do when they do not want to take responsibility for their role in things. It's embarassing for a Steeler team to have all this negative publicity. Nonetheless I'll be cheering Clark when he runs out of the tunnel at the game on sunday.

RIP Chris Henry...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

LatrobePA
12-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Old man Rooney! When he was active in the team this crap didn't go on!

When moms away the kids will play!

BlackGold4vr
12-17-2009, 03:36 PM
In this new politically correct world we have erroded all the things that use to make us a great country. Things like pride, success, achievement, and winning are no longer tolerated because they remind those without those attributes of the losers that they are. We now have our kids playing in sports leagues where they don't keep score because they don't want anyone getting their feelings hurt by LOSING a game. So this is where that road leads. We now have NFL players who expect fans to cheer for failure with as much fervor as they do for success. It hurts their feelings if they hear anything negative that reflects on poor performance. But they are trying just as hard.........if you only knew that the effort level was still just as high maybe you would tolerate their subpar results!

I applaud the play of the Browns secondary that blanketed our receivers for the entire game! If our secondary could have mustered that kind of performance just once in the last five weeks we wouldn't be looking forward to the draft already. If Mr. Clarke wants to hear some cheers perhaps he should concentrate on delivering a performance on the field that would merit such a response. :rant2:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-17-2009, 06:13 PM
He Ryan take the sand out of your vagina and just play football....Really getting upset over critical fans is weak......Be a man shut the hell up....lol

Stlrs4Life
12-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Yet another sign that this team is continuing to implode. You just don't have Steeler players calling out the fans like this and Tomlin needs to have a long talk about his and controlling his tongue. I'm sure all the letters he got were from the most ignorant & retarded ones around, which doesn't help matters any, but still you need to check yourself before you talk to the media.

Of course there's a reason that most fans are never going to be NFL players, we're fans for a reason and we're ok with that. We pay our money and spend our time supporting this team because we like being fans and we're ok with not being on the field. Nobody should be sending hate mail to a player, that's just dumb and makes the rest of us look the same because you know we'll get stereotyped.

If Clarke is that niave to think that the Steelers aren't held to a higher standard then he's completely blind. Fans are brutal because they've been accustomed to winning for the last 2 decades and then before that all through the 70's so we expect greatness. Obviously some fans are idiots and can't handle their own emotions so they spout off, but he should know this. You won 2 super bowls with this team dude, and they won 4 more before you got there so put 2 + 2 together here and think before you speak.

Fans shouldn't expect perfection, but it's what fans do with teams like the Steelers. I mean if we were the Bills here or something, where we suck every year then things would be different from a fans perspective.

Exactly, he should expect it. And also, the media in Pittsburgh isn't the greatest.

steelcityboy43
12-17-2009, 07:41 PM

i would pad up and play on the field at a moments notice, im not just a fan i want to play with them,

but you cant help but think about their end of the rants. i bet you never liked it when your mom or dad yelled at you for a stupid mistake, this is about the same way were yelling at the team for stupid **** that we need to move past and look on to the next season, sure its easy to sit at home and yell at the TV or at the game, but until you pad up and get on the field and realize about how hard it is to play the sport, people should be happy with the 6 rings we got and shut up

One for the thumb
12-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Of course I am critical your my F'in Team! Of course I hold you to a higher standard.. I usually think you are better than the rest. If you make me lump you in with the rest then being my team does not make you special.. DUH!

steelers4life66
12-17-2009, 09:38 PM
i don't think he'll have 2 worry about us ungrateful fans after this year cuz I don't see him getting resigned......Hey Clark...:bigfinger:

LatrobePA
12-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Just shut up and play football!:greenbounce2:

coldrolled
12-18-2009, 06:22 AM
The Colts defense looked pretty bad last night, did they give up 31 points last night?
whos covering anyone out there...

Oh, Wait they won, they scored 35 points.

their 14-0 they looked great. Their the best team in the NFL.

Fire Arians Now.

franchise3
12-18-2009, 07:29 AM
I compare Ryan Clark to Scottie Pippen; both are/were s**t players when not beside their Hall of Fame or future Hall of Fame Superstar teammates. Jordan made Pippen's career; he was the worst player ever when Jordan retired, and cried like a baby and threw tantrums numerous times. Troy Polamalu has made Ryan Clark's career, and so far without him, Clark looks like he hasnt a clue he is playing football, much less what to do if he does know he's playing. I hope we get rid of him! :tt02:

haha, comparing Ryan Clark to Scottie Pippen?! Yeah right. Pippen was not the worst player ever when Jordan retired. He just wasn't a top 20 player in the league who can lead the team on his shoulders to be a successful team but to compare him to Clark is just wrong (I wanted to use a different word but don't want to insult you but I disagree 100% with that comparison). Is Paul Pierce is a s*** player like Clark too because he couldn't win without Garnett? Is Garnett a s*** player because he couldn't win without Pierce? It takes more than one player.

Marykayeee
12-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Dear Ryan Clark:

I make $17.00 an hour. I do my job. How much do you make an hour? Shut up and do your job.

lloydfan4life
12-19-2009, 01:20 AM
Dear Ryan Clark:

I make $17.00 an hour. I do my job. How much do you make an hour? Shut up and do your job.

Dear Ryan... you just got http://www.clubcivic.com/board/images/smilies/owned.gif

TEEMONT
12-19-2009, 10:21 AM
wow...I'll make sure next time I have to deploy I'll **** and moan the whole way to the Midddle East about how I'm not cheered enough.

What a pussy...he's supposed to be a grown man, if he can't deal with an anonymous fan blasting him, then maybe he should give back his millions and go work at the grocery store.

**** that bitch, he's never worked an honest day in his life.

I encourage everyone to write in to Ed Bouchette (he wrote the story) and voice your displeasure for this pussy.

coldrolled
12-19-2009, 01:01 PM
I encourage everyone to write in to Ed Bouchette (he wrote the story) and voice your displeasure for this pussy.

Yeah. how about.. lets tell ed what kind of a pussy he is for always throwing the players under the bus and never laying any blame on the OC or ST coach. Bouchette needs to right his keel. Ed needs to go with Arians.

Moondog
12-19-2009, 01:05 PM
wow...I'll make sure next time I have to deploy I'll **** and moan the whole way to the Midddle East about how I'm not cheered enough.

What a pussy...he's supposed to be a grown man, if he can't deal with an anonymous fan blasting him, then maybe he should give back his millions and go work at the grocery store.

**** that bitch, he's never worked an honest day in his life.

On a lighter note...Thank you Teemont for serving our country, it is much appreciated. It takes a lot of courage to do what you guys do. Thanks again and Happy Holidays to you and yours. :clap: :clap: :clap: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Marykayeee
12-19-2009, 05:37 PM
On a lighter note...Thank you Teemont for serving our country, it is much appreciated. It takes a lot of courage to do what you guys do. Thanks again and Happy Holidays to you and yours. :clap: :clap: :clap: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
Well said, Moondog. Teemont ROCKS!

Clevelandsux
12-19-2009, 10:04 PM
I don't agree with fans personally attacking a man's family, home etc. But if you wanna shut up your critics, start winning! Plain and simple!

solo1986a
12-20-2009, 08:49 AM
NEW OFFENSIVE CO, HAS BEEN NEEDED FOR SOME TIME THE ONLY TIME WE MOVE THE BALL WELL IS WHEN BEN IS CALLING HIS OWN PLAYS!TOO MUCH TALENT TO WASTE WITH THAT IDIOT ARIANS MAKING THE CALL!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2009, 10:46 PM
The way Clark played again today, I will be very surprised if he doesn't get even more hate mail from the fans. I certainly don't want to be the postal carrier delivering the fan mail to the Steelers secondary this week!

NCSteeler
12-22-2009, 01:31 AM
The way Clark played again today, I will be very surprised if he doesn't get even more hate mail from the fans. I certainly don't want to be the postal carrier delivering the fan mail to the Steelers secondary this week!

Yeah, I noticed all that anger, didn't turn into good play. Since I can't see the result, I'm not so sure of all this "Hard Work" he is putting in.