PDA

View Full Version : If we win out...

tuggysteel822
12-16-2009, 02:32 AM
If the steelers win out, and finish 9-7, a few good things could happen...
First off, I would be very satisfied that they played hard to the end and finished over .500. If they could squeak out a 6 seed, that would be amazing. I see them as a playoff team, one that hopefully would kick it to high gear in Jan.
Likewise, historically, when the steelers finish strong, it's seemed to translate and carry into the following season. (see 2000 steelers, as well as the spoiler job and solid smear of cincy in 2005). I'd like to see something like that again.
They did lose to bottom-feeders like kc and Cleveland and Oakland, so not many teams have a tiebreaker over them.
That's just my two cents as to what we could be possibly looking at should the team finish out strong and with 3 wins. I'd love to see it and would be stoked if they could backdoor the playoffs. I have faith and think that we could see a semi-repeat of the 2005 season. It's possible and something I think about now. Let's see...:2cents:

Phenomenal TJ
12-16-2009, 03:31 AM
I don't see it happening to be honest.

Zachintosh66
12-16-2009, 04:02 AM
IMO winning out is the worse the that can happen... b/c maybe BA keeps his job then

DanRooney
12-16-2009, 04:19 AM
Satisfied finishing over .500? Uh...our team lost to 3 of the worst teams in the league and absolutely one of the worst teams in history in the Cleveland Browns. This team is nothing but an embarrassment. No chance in hell in making the playoffs and we also lose ground in the draft. Dumbest topic I've ever seen in my life.

Phenomenal TJ
12-16-2009, 04:20 AM
How are the Browns one of the worst teams in history? :\

steelersbabex25
12-16-2009, 07:13 AM
I personally would love if this team would finish out the season trying to win. You see all teams that have no chance getting into the playoffs trying to play strong and win games, why should the Steelers be any different? They aren't mathematically out yet..so why should they stop trying?

Phenomenal TJ
12-16-2009, 07:39 AM
I want them to show some passion. Heart. Drive. Whatever you want to call it.

If we win, great. But if we lose we better go down fighting.

franchise3
12-16-2009, 08:54 AM
I see them as a playoff team, one that hopefully would kick it to high gear in Jan.

Steelers would unleash hell if they made the playoffs :lol:

ejsteeler
12-16-2009, 09:21 AM
playing with the scenario program, it would be suprisingly easy to make it in as the 6th seed, or even 5th given one upset.
It's as hard to believe for me as it is with you, but it is possible. Obviously, we have no reason to believe that they will pull it together and make it happen, but being a FAN of the Pittsburgh Steelers, I'm hoping they can pull it off.
For those of you who have given up on them before it is over, maybe orange would be a better color for you....:yesnod: :lol: :cope:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-16-2009, 09:49 AM
IMO the Steelers will win this weekend. If they don't then I'll agree it is over and all the off-season talk should fire up. I just really don't see them losing though. Then they play the Ravens...as much as it pains me to say it...we barely beat the Steelers with the 3rd string QB in there and a boatload of other key injuries...I would expect the Steelers to win that game too. Then they'll play the Dolphins who I would expect to be coming off two tough losses. Very possible that the Steelers win out. That just means that the Jags and Jets need to lose a couple...which they likely will.

ejsteeler
12-16-2009, 10:06 AM
check out this scenario.....very possible and what I am talking about. Of course, other things can happen that get us in, but to me, this is the most likely....this is also counting on jax losing to Ind and NE which is up in the air depending on who plays......

Steeler playoff scenario (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&14=54004511&15=50000041&16=55145515)

HUNT4SEVEN
12-16-2009, 11:24 AM
FOR THE LAST TIME LET IT GO STEELERS FANS LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just like someone else said if we win out we might have to keep BA, i hope we lose the last 3 games, we will be ok next year with a great draft in April we don't need to blow up the team an rebuild....we need to make the necessary changes on the offensive side of the ball an special teams side.....but please stop all this if we win out BS it's over.

ejsteeler
12-16-2009, 11:33 AM
FOR THE LAST TIME LET IT GO STEELERS FANS LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just like someone else said if we win out we might have to keep BA, i hope we lose the last 3 games, we will be ok next year with a great draft in April we don't need to blow up the team an rebuild....we need to make the necessary changes on the offensive side of the ball an special teams side.....but please stop all this if we win out BS it's over.

I do not know how to let go. Fan = Fanatical. Not over 'til it's over. Go get an orange shirt man, you are not a fan of the Black and Gold. You can throw all that "realist" BS around all you want, either you are a fan or you are not. Rooting for your team to loose is not a fan.
Disclaimer: :imho:

LatrobePA
12-16-2009, 11:41 AM

The double edge sword! BA has to go!

ejsteeler
12-16-2009, 11:44 AM

Don't get me wrong, I agree 1000% with that, but I'm not willing to give up on my team for it. All I can do, same as the rest of the season, is hope it works out. I refuse to give up, period. I get crap for wearing my Steeler jacket but I know no other way to behave. We made it through the 80's, we'll make it through this.

coldrolled
12-16-2009, 12:16 PM

Thats why he should have been fired friday morning, then we could win 3 in a row
with no worries... i honestly think he is gone no matter what... The browns put a nail in his coffin. and the browns put a nail in their own, because we will be a whole new offense next year... Back to 6-0 in the AFCN

LatrobePA
12-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Don't get me wrong, I agree 1000% with that, but I'm not willing to give up on my team for it. All I can do, same as the rest of the season, is hope it works out. I refuse to give up, period. I get crap for wearing my Steeler jacket but I know no other way to behave. We made it through the 80's, we'll make it through this.

Oh I want the team to win out, but I cannot have BA taking credit and staying on as OC next season...Give him a toothbrush and have him start scrubbing the shithouse!

ejsteeler
12-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Oh I want the team to win out, but I cannot have BA taking credit and staying on as OC next season...Give him a toothbrush and have him start scrubbing the shithouse!

:lol: Don't do that, it means he is still with the team.... :lol:

75Steeler
12-16-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm a STEELERS fan and I always want them to win no matter what the game is or how bad the games before it have been.

No doubt BA needs to go. I don't care where he goes just as long as he is not with the Steelers. I don't even want him to have an office on the northside of Pittsburgh selling insurance. He needs to be as far away from the Steelers as possible.

I would love to see them get into the playoffs as much as anyone but being real I don't see them getting very far if they do. So here is what needs to happen.

1. Finish out the season with as many wins as possible

2. Pink slip BA to the other end of the earth.

3. Rebuild and heal in the off season and pick up some talent in the draft.

ejsteeler
12-16-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm a STEELERS fan and I always want them to win no matter what the game is or how bad the games before it have been.

No doubt BA needs to go. I don't care where he goes just as long as he is not with the Steelers. I don't even want him to have an office on the northside of Pittsburgh selling insurance. He needs to be as far away from the Steelers as possible.

I would love to see them get into the playoffs as much as anyone but being real I don't see them getting very far if they do. So here is what needs to happen.

1. Finish out the season with as many wins as possible

2. Pink slip BA to the other end of the earth.

3. Rebuild and heal in the off season and pick up some talent in the draft.

:plus1:

Moondog
12-16-2009, 01:52 PM
I want them to show some passion. Heart. Drive. Whatever you want to call it.

If we win, great. But if we lose we better go down fighting.

I said close to the same thing in another thread. I'm not expecting playoffs, but I do want to see the Steelers win or die trying. I am not the type to think it's best for the Steelers to lose out, it's just not in me as a fan.

Phenomenal TJ
12-16-2009, 02:27 PM
I said close to the same thing in another thread. I'm not expecting playoffs, but I do want to see the Steelers win or die trying. I am not the type to think it's best for the Steelers to lose out, it's just not in me as a fan.

Yep. I typed it out and ended up deleting it. I can't root for my team to lose.

steelersbabex25
12-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Honestly, as a person I am the most pessimistic/realistic person you may ever meet, but as a Steeler fan I'm totally different. You should always be rooting for your team to win, regardless of what it might entail in the future. Regardless of if they make the playoffs this year, coming off this horrible streak and beating the teams we have coming up will only help us next year.

Steelhead4life
12-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Win or lose I would like to see some motivation and passion in their playing. I wanna go out fighting regardless. If we win out then we may have a chance but if we don't then that gives us a better draft pick. Let's stay positive. :cope:

igor0190
12-16-2009, 05:56 PM
All I care about now is beating the Ratbirds and destroying their playoff hopes! :helmet:

Goodfrom55
12-16-2009, 06:22 PM
They're definitely capable of winningout, but reading about the state of "morale" of the team, I would say winning out is highly unlikely - although I remain hopeful.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-17-2009, 10:47 AM
All I care about now is beating the Ratbirds and destroying their playoff hopes! :helmet:

Who says this isn't a great rivalry.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Ruining the Ravens chances for a playoff spot would be great, and I'm quite sure the fans would love nothing more than to see Baltimore miss out on the post season because they lost to us when it counted, yet again.

I would hope this team would be motivated enough to realize they are the laughing stock of the league right now and that fighting back may be too little to late now, but you still need to show up and get a win!

BlackGold4vr
12-17-2009, 11:07 AM
I would hope this team would be motivated enough to realize they are the laughing stock of the league right now and that fighting back may be too little to late now, but you still need to show up and get a win!

Don't you realize that it is people like YOU who are hurting Ryan Clark's feelings. He wants Steeler Nation to shower this team with praise regardless of the product they put on the field! Shame on you!

:nono:

papabaier
12-17-2009, 11:21 AM
I don't see Steelers winning this weekend. Packers #2 against run so BA's many attempts at 1st and 2nd down running Mendenhall up middle will result in many 3rd and longs , sacks and 3 and outs. Packers looking great over last 5 games, Steelers wosrt in league over last 5 games. I can't wait to see the game plan that our lackluster coaches come up for this one. Maybe one with an entire different secondary would work. Maybe one without Farrior starting might work. Maybe an offensive plan that even the casual fan can't guess what the next play is would work.

I think we will lose 2 of next 3, only beating Ravens (maybe)

SteelerSteve
12-17-2009, 06:37 PM
So win out and have a possible chance at the playoffs and a potential superbowl(not likely I know) or lose and hope arians gets fired. I would take the shot at a SB victory with arians than no SB at all...

ejsteeler
12-17-2009, 09:28 PM
So win out and have a possible chance at the playoffs and a potential superbowl(not likely I know) or lose and hope arians gets fired. I would take the shot at a SB victory with arians than no SB at all...

:plus1: :cope:

Azzurri
12-18-2009, 02:42 AM
check out this scenario.....very possible and what I am talking about. Of course, other things can happen that get us in, but to me, this is the most likely....this is also counting on jax losing to Ind and NE which is up in the air depending on who plays......

Steeler playoff scenario (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&14=54004511&15=50000041&16=55145515)

The only problem with that scenario is that it requires Chicago to win in Baltimore this weekend. In Chicago, maybe...but they're not winning at the Ravens, unfortunately.

coldrolled
12-18-2009, 07:31 AM
The only problem with that scenario is that it requires Chicago to win in Baltimore this weekend. In Chicago, maybe...but they're not winning at the Ravens, unfortunately.

There is one more problem, we need to go no huddle at least once a qtr.

We need to out score Rodgers. Like Peyton out scored Garrard..
Note: The Jacs practice squad FB #44 had at least 15 plays in his first game last night. Our FB, Summers #44 had 4 plays in four games till he mentally quit.

We need a plan.. :banging:... We scored 6 points against the worst defense in the NFL.. The Browns.. The Browns, did i say the Browns.

Hope we win all three.... :cope:

ejsteeler
12-18-2009, 09:34 AM

I didn't say it would be easy.......:lol:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-18-2009, 09:40 AM
I didn't say it would be easy.......:lol:

7 to 12 inches of snow is projected for the Baltimore area on Saturday and Sunday. This game could get interesting.

Also, great showing by the Colts yesterday. Didn't think they had it in them. As long as they keep winning they'll keep going for the undefeated season and that's good news for the teams fighting to make the playoffs (that don't have Indy on their schedule).

It would not shock me if Cincy finished 9-7. Perhaps they'll rally around Henry's death, but they have a tough few games left.