PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin's press conf.

jtretz
12-15-2009, 11:57 PM
I just heard some of Tomlin's press conference on The Post Gazzette web site. He was trying to justify the first failed 3rd down play in the Browns disaster. Why? Everyone of our losses this year can be summed up by using that play as an example! He was giving excuses on why that play failed and that the changes he made were designed to win the football game. What a joke! The reason we lost pretty much all of our games is because Tomlin stands on the sidelines with no emotion or leadership while his offensive co-ordinator calls a brutal game. I know the defense is to blame for a few but I truly beleive that with a potent offensive lineup that we have we should be up enough and allow our defense to rest enough to win most games! :cope::cope::cope:

LatrobePA
12-16-2009, 12:48 AM
Does Tomlin need to get more involved on the sidelines, maybe, but keep in mind we only see flashes of him while watching on TV...Americas Game from last year shows more behind the scenes stuff, and he was in faces....

Tomlin does sign off on game plans that this D-bag BA thinks up, so I will blame him for that lame duck. I think it's time to smash BA's ego and run more no huddle or just alternate play calling these next few games...Lets end this season on a good note and win out playing spoiler!!

Zachintosh66
12-16-2009, 01:25 AM
take the handcuffs off of our 100 millon dollar QB... trust him, your paying him enuff. The FO paid him, that tells me someone believes in him and his abilities as a primetime QB

Let the man play...

steelersbabex25
12-16-2009, 07:30 AM
I think it's about time that Tomlin stopped talking about changes. We just need to play out the rest of the season, and go back to the game plan that let us beat teams like the Vikings and Chargers.

coldrolled
12-16-2009, 12:18 PM
I just heard some of Tomlin's press conference on The Post Gazzette web site. He was trying to justify the first failed 3rd down play in the Browns disaster. Why? Everyone of our losses this year can be summed up by using that play as an example! He was giving excuses on why that play failed and that the changes he made were designed to win the football game. What a joke! The reason we lost pretty much all of our games is because Tomlin stands on the sidelines with no emotion or leadership while his offensive co-ordinator calls a brutal game. I know the defense is to blame for a few but I truly beleive that with a potent offensive lineup that we have we should be up enough and allow our defense to rest enough to win most games! :cope::cope::cope:

:cope::cope::cope::cope:

UKSTEELER
12-16-2009, 12:20 PM
"In order for rookie cornerback Keenan Lewis to play, Tomlin said he must first win a special teams job or else he will not dress for the game."

I'm not enamored by this . . .

The nock on lewis coming out was that he was a bit tackle shy . . .

So I don't see him ever being a great STer.

If the guy can cover, get him dressed up, if he covers really well, he'll hardly have a tackle to make anyway. I understand we live and die by our tackling, but he can't be that bad. I'd rather the receiver never get his hands on the ball as oppose to making a sure tackle on him after he made the first down!

If he has to win an ST spot, which he already lost, we're gonna be waiting a long time.

Go Steelers! Airhead Out!!