PDA

View Full Version : Steelers G Kemoeatu out with multiple injuries

Captcoolhand
12-15-2009, 05:30 PM
PITTSBURGH Pittsburgh Steelers left guard Chris Kemoeatu will sit out Sunday's game against Green Bay with right wrist and right knee injuries.
Coach Mike Tomlin says Kemoeatu has been "playing one-handed" at times because of the wrist injury and that he needs a week off to heal. Kemoeatu will be replaced by undrafted rookie Ramon Foster.
Steelers safety Troy Polamalu will miss a fifth consecutive game with a sprained posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, an injury that has been slower to heal than the team expected. Polamalu hopes to play in the Steelers' regular season finale Jan. 3 in Miami, but he could miss the rest of the season.
I guess it's better to keep a 1 arm bandit

Goodfrom55
12-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Foster did a nice job filling in for Kemo vs. Baltimore, and I'm sure he will do fine this week. Applaud Kemo's toughness and desire to play, but as a lineman with a knee injury, you have to sit down - especially if there is a capable backup filling in for you.

Kemo didn't look the same last week - not as explosive or mobile (obviously now we know why).

steelersbabex25
12-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah I saw this, it sucks. Both lines have taken soo many hits this year.

Goodfrom55
12-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Might be a good idea for the backups (2nd stringers) to get equal amount of reps to the starters. At least when someone goes down with injury, the 2nd stringer is more prepared to step in with minimal drop off in performance (Unless you're backing up Troy).

LatrobePA
12-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Packs have a pretty good pass rush, Foster will be tested...

Phenomenal TJ
12-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Might as well get him some playing time anyway.

Goodfrom55
12-15-2009, 06:51 PM

I'm more than confident in Mendy's ability to recognize and pick up the blitz. Who knows, Maybe BA will call a few HB screens this week - yeah right.

LatrobePA
12-15-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm more than confident in Mendy's ability to recognize and pick up the blitz. Who knows, Maybe BA will call a few HB screens this week - yeah right.

Mendy and their LB'rs will be fun to watch. I love the way he blows defenders up!

Phenomenal TJ
12-16-2009, 01:03 AM
Mendenhall will touch the ball no more than 22 times, calling it.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2009, 09:58 AM

Yeah it's going to be a test, the Pack still have a lot to play for so we're going to get their best effort. If we don't show up in a big way we'll be shown up in a big way.

Kemo has really developed into a solid Guard for us, you can really see a change in his footwork and how well he pulls now vs last year when he couldn't do anything. Foster will be ok and I'm sure they'll do a lot of schemes where he blocks down towards the Center or up towards the Tackle so he's not alone 1on1 more than he has to be.