PDA

View Full Version : I know it's a little early....

SnakeEyes43
12-15-2009, 01:26 AM
But who should be our top 5 picks for the draft? :thinking: We probably won't beat the Packers IMHO, and we will be lucky to beat the Ravens or Miami, especially with the way the team is playing right now. So at best I see this team...7-9. Yuck, that felt weird to say. :evilshake: But we should get a decent draft pick so who should it be? I want them to get Berry so bad, but IDK if he will go before we can land him. :crossfingers: What do you think? Tell me your top 5 draft picks. :yellowthumb:

Phenomenal TJ
12-15-2009, 02:28 AM
Trade up; select Eric Berry.

scott0326
12-15-2009, 04:49 AM
Trade up; select Eric Berry.

Agreed.

DanRooney
12-15-2009, 05:19 AM
Agreed with Eric Berry. That's pretty much the mutual consensus of every logical Steeler fan. Only it won't be logical because Tomlin is an idiot and we will probably select a position of no need.

Anyone wearing brown paper bags on their face for Sunday's game?

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-15-2009, 08:27 AM
I like the way everyone has written the Steelers off for this season . Last i checked there were 3 more games left , and trailing one game in the hunt for the last wildcard spot .
I sure hope the players and coaches have not thrown in the towel like everyone else seems to have done . I have not heard the fat lady sing yet . We know what kind of team this is . They just need to play up to their potential , and believe me , there is no team they can not beat .
Worry about the draft after the season is over , which it isn't , and see what coaches have been changed . Different coaches have different needs for their own particular schemes .
I can't wait to come back and laugh after we sneak into that final playoff spot and get a chance to make some noise .

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

greg1964
12-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Terrence Cody: DT from Alabama: With Hampton looking for a major raise, and all of the backups along the DL over 30+ except Ziggy Hood, its time for some youth along the DL: besides with Woodley and Holmes contacts ending after next year, the Steelers will not be able to afford paying Hampton, Hoke, and such like major $$$

Mike Tomlin
12-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Terrence Cody: DT from Alabama: With Hampton looking for a major raise, and all of the backups along the DL over 30+ except Ziggy Hood, its time for some youth along the DL: besides with Woodley and Holmes contacts ending after next year, the Steelers will not be able to afford paying Hampton, Hoke, and such like major $$$ I'm with you on Cody as big as he is he can still dunk a basketball. We have no chance at Berry, plus there are a few good corners and safeties later in the draft. I kinda like that kid Perrish Cox he's a good returner,really good tackler,and an even better corner. I think we can get a good OT or G 2nd round.

darnik44
12-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Terrence Cody: DT from Alabama: With Hampton looking for a major raise, and all of the backups along the DL over 30+ except Ziggy Hood, its time for some youth along the DL: besides with Woodley and Holmes contacts ending after next year, the Steelers will not be able to afford paying Hampton, Hoke, and such like major $$$

Cody is a highly probable pick.

SnakeEyes43
12-15-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm not writing off this team yet, but if they continue to look how they did against the Browns, Raiders, and Chiefs then I don't see them stopping Rogers, Driver and that Packers offense. I said they could beat the Ravens or Miami, but right now Miami is playing more motivated than we are and Porter is gonna have them fired up, something we lack right now. Nuff' said.

steelcityrockers
12-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Cody is a highly probable pick.

Cody has serious issues with conditioning and work ethic though.

K Train
12-16-2009, 01:33 AM
realistically cody should be twice as strong as he is....hes trimmed down and conditioning is not really that big of a concern anymore....hes a better prospect than Bj Raji imo.

berry and polamalu would be the best tandem of all time, im confident in saying that.

this is a very weak corner class, they just are not that good at the top

if i made a top 5 right now supposing we have the 15th pick i would go

Round 1
Terrence Cody-NT-Bama
Bryan Bulaga-OT-Iowa

Round 2
Ciron Black-OT-LSU
Brandon Spikes-MLB-Florida
Brandon Graham-OLB-Michigan/George Selvie-OLB-USF

Round 3
Nate Allen-S-USF
JD Walton-C-Baylor

actually thats all i got right now....to many undeclared players

darnik44
12-16-2009, 09:36 AM
Cody has serious issues with conditioning and work ethic though.

So does Casey Hampton. I think Cody unfairly gets picked apart. He's asked to eat up space, and at the end of the day that's exactly what he does.

--- Added 12/16/2009 at 07:31 AM ---

realistically cody should be twice as strong as he is....hes trimmed down and conditioning is not really that big of a concern anymore....hes a better prospect than Bj Raji imo.

berry and polamalu would be the best tandem of all time, im confident in saying that.

this is a very weak corner class, they just are not that good at the top

if i made a top 5 right now supposing we have the 15th pick i would go

Round 1
Terrence Cody-NT-Bama
Bryan Bulaga-OT-Iowa

Round 2
Ciron Black-OT-LSU
Brandon Spikes-MLB-Florida
Brandon Graham-OLB-Michigan/George Selvie-OLB-USF

Round 3
Nate Allen-S-USF
JD Walton-C-Baylor

actually thats all i got right now....to many undeclared players

Black might still be on the board in the 4th round, that's how poorly he played and he's had some recent injuries that will also be a concern. He's absolutely not a future LT in the NFL. He's a guard or RT, RT might not even be possible. He's a "heavy-legged-waist-bender."

Spikes is most certainly still a first round lock. He's getting unfairly picked apart by non-experts. He's right there with Cody as a highly probable 1st round pick.

The big 6 to realistically look at right now are...

Terrence Cody
Joe Haden
Brandon Spikes
Anthony Davis
Bryan Bulaga
Dan Williams

With Eric Berry being on the top of the wish list, but that would require trading up or Berry getting charged with double homicide between now and April.

JensK
12-16-2009, 10:32 AM
So does Casey Hampton. I think Cody unfairly gets picked apart. He's asked to eat up space, and at the end of the day that's exactly what he does.

Black might still be on the board in the 4th round, that's how poorly he played and he's had some recent injuries that will also be a concern. He's absolutely not a future LT in the NFL. He's a guard or RT, RT might not even be possible. He's a "heavy-legged-waist-bender."

Spikes is most certainly still a first round lock. He's getting unfairly picked apart by non-experts. He's right there with Cody as a highly probable 1st round pick.

Terrence Cody
Joe Haden
Brandon Spikes
Anthony Davis
Bryan Bulaga
Dan Williams

With Eric Berry being on the top of the wish list, but that would require trading up or Berry getting charged with double homicide between now and April.

In which case we wont pick him anyways =P That'll just mean he'll go to Bengals or Raiders (although im having a hard time seeing Raiders pass on Mays... Good Athlete, not so good in what he is supposed to = win win for raiders)

darnik44
12-16-2009, 10:46 AM
In which case we wont pick him anyways =P That'll just mean he'll go to Bengals or Raiders (although im having a hard time seeing Raiders pass on Mays... Good Athlete, not so good in what he is supposed to = win win for raiders)

I agree the Raiders might pick Mays, and that's funny. I sort of hope they do. One, for a good laugh and two, so the Steelers aren't tempted. I do feel like in the right role/opportunity Mays could be a poor man's Polamalu. He however wouldn't be any benefit playing beside Polamalu.

BlackGold4vr
12-16-2009, 06:40 PM

Terrence Cody
Joe Haden
Brandon Spikes
Anthony Davis
Bryan Bulaga
Dan Williams

If Brandon Spikes is an option then Rolando McClain should be a consideration as well. Farrior's play has declined and Fox is not the answer. :yesnod:

darnik44
12-16-2009, 08:56 PM
If Brandon Spikes is an option then Rolando McClain should be a consideration as well. Farrior's play has declined and Fox is not the answer. :yesnod:

Oh I think he's definetly a consideration and probably even preference. The thing with him, he's likely going in the top 12 or so. I'm not sure the Steelers could draft that high even if they lose out.

There's also a good chance Cody is gone in that range to Denver or San Francisco.

BlackGold4vr
12-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Oh I think he's definetly a consideration and probably even preference. The thing with him, he's likely going in the top 12 or so. I'm not sure the Steelers could draft that high even if they lose out.

There are only 4 teams whose losses we cannot match. Even the Chiefs (5th worst) could possibly finish ahead of us if they won out and we lost out. They have the tiebreaker against us. Even if we win a game there is a good chance we are drafting top 10 with a 7-9 record. :yesnod:

darnik44
12-17-2009, 02:54 PM
There are only 4 teams whose losses we cannot match. Even the Chiefs (5th worst) could possibly finish ahead of us if they won out and we lost out. They have the tiebreaker against us. Even if we win a game there is a good chance we are drafting top 10 with a 7-9 record. :yesnod:

Reality is, most of those teams will go 1-2 at best. Doubt any win out, especially all of them. Knowing the Steelers, they will win out and end up picking 18th or so.

JensK
12-17-2009, 03:38 PM
I could actually see Kansas trading out of top 5. They need to keep Cassel upright, and seeing its Todd Haleys project, he want to make Cassel look as good as possible. The thing is, there is no o-line men worth a top 5 pick, so for a couple of picks or maybe a player or two, KCCs pick could be there, and depending on browns (who could pick Berry), Berry should be there at 5th

darnik44
12-17-2009, 04:11 PM
I could actually see Kansas trading out of top 5. They need to keep Cassel upright, and seeing its Todd Haleys project, he want to make Cassel look as good as possible. The thing is, there is no o-line men worth a top 5 pick, so for a couple of picks or maybe a player or two, KCCs pick could be there, and depending on browns (who could pick Berry), Berry should be there at 5th

Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State is a top 5 pick. I think he's better than any of the OT prospects last year.

BlackGold4vr
12-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Reality is, most of those teams will go 1-2 at best. Doubt any win out, especially all of them. Knowing the Steelers, they will win out and end up picking 18th or so.

I'm not really sure what you might have seen in the Steelers play the last 5 weeks that would indicate that they are capable of winning out. The wheels have come off and I am not sure if they are capable of beating any of these teams. Realistically, I believe they will go 1-2 at best and wind up drafting somewhere between 9th and 12th.

If Cleveland was able to sack Ben 8 times, Green Bay is really going to give our hodgepodge offensive line fits. Jenkins, Raji, Matthews, A.J. Hawk and co have been giving better teams than ours fits. I think Ben will be running for his life in this game.

We might beat the Ravens.

Miami will expose our run defense as a shadow of its former self.

K Train
12-18-2009, 04:55 AM
disagree about spikes....he falls into the poz/lauranitis/maualuga category more so than the patrick willis one imo. id take him in the first, hes perfect for a 34, especially one with timmons playing next to him

BlackGold4vr
12-18-2009, 11:07 AM
disagree about spikes....he falls into the poz/lauranitis/maualuga category more so than the patrick willis one imo. id take him in the first, hes perfect for a 34, especially one with timmons playing next to him

If we go with a LB my first choice would be Rolando McClain first and Brandon Spikes second. Of course I don't personally know either of these guys but I have read that McClain is a vocal leader. The type of guy that others naturally want to follow. We haven't had a vocal leader on the defense since Joey Porter left. All of our defensive stars are the quiet types who are uncomfortable getting in peoples faces and trying to fire the group up. Polamalu, A. Smith, Hampton, Farrior, Woodley, Harrison are all introverts. Our defense needs a vocal leader to fire up the troops. I have heard that McClain is that type of personality. :2cents:

coldrolled
12-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Maryland's Campbell to Enter 2010 NFL Draft
ESPN's Joe Schad reports that University of Maryland offensive tackle Bruce Campbell has decided to skip his senior season and will enter the 2010 NFL Draft.

"I feel I can be something special and this is best for me," Campbell said. "I have good size and I can protect the quarterbacks' blind side. I played defensive line in high school so I can also think like a defensive player, which is an advantage."

Campbell, a 6-7, 310-pound tackle prospect who spent his college career on the left side, is a mid-first to early-second round prospect.

SteelerSteve
12-18-2009, 07:55 PM
I like the way everyone has written the Steelers off for this season . Last i checked there were 3 more games left , and trailing one game in the hunt for the last wildcard spot .
I sure hope the players and coaches have not thrown in the towel like everyone else seems to have done . I have not heard the fat lady sing yet . We know what kind of team this is . They just need to play up to their potential , and believe me , there is no team they can not beat .
Worry about the draft after the season is over , which it isn't , and see what coaches have been changed . Different coaches have different needs for their own particular schemes .
I can't wait to come back and laugh after we sneak into that final playoff spot and get a chance to make some noise .

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

:plus1: :plus1: