PDA

View Full Version : What do we have to do?!

Brad 69
12-14-2009, 08:15 PM
After losing 5 straight we're 3 of those including the worst teams in nfl we're left asking our selves what do we have to do?!

franchise3
12-14-2009, 09:42 PM
*grabs popcorn

Goodfrom55
12-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Start Drinking Heavilly.

Execute fundamentals, don't "over try", and as Harrison said, everyone do their job.

BlackGold4vr
12-14-2009, 11:11 PM
It all starts with being more concerned about playing winning football than getting a good spot near the heaters. Act like you care more about winning than getting warm!

:yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
12-14-2009, 11:39 PM
win an f'n game!

SnakeEyes43
12-15-2009, 01:13 AM
We have to sit back and watch this team lose two, maybe three more. I don't see them beating the Packers IMHO. They could beat Baltimore or Miami, but it isn't looking good with the way we are playing. After this season, I am looking forward to the draft with newfound excitement. I think we need to try and get Berry for sure! Also we need to start letting some of the young blood get some snaps these last three games. Let Hood, Sweed, Burnett, and Lewis get some snaps so they can have some experience next year. Also plllllleeeassseeeee fire Arians and our ST coach! Other than that...idk right now. :evilshake:

coldrolled
12-15-2009, 08:16 AM
We have to sit back and watch this team lose two, maybe three more. I don't see them beating the Packers IMHO. They could beat Baltimore or Miami, but it isn't looking good with the way we are playing. After this season, I am looking forward to the draft with newfound excitement. I think we need to try and get Berry for sure! Also we need to start letting some of the young blood get some snaps these last three games. Let Hood, Sweed, Burnett, and Lewis get some snaps so they can have some experience next year. Also plllllleeeassseeeee fire Arians and our ST coach! Other than that...idk right now. :evilshake:

Berry will go fast...

We will need to pick up Taylor Mays if we are 10 - 13 in the draft.

If we dont fire arians it doesnt matter who we draft, BA is the main cause of our demise.

It all starts with his lack of offensive genius... Then spread thru the team from there.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Get the killer instinct back, the attitude that says we will make a play to secure the win. There's no will to win right now, it's like they try and try but in the end when they see it slipping away, you can tell they get the "here we go again" attitude.

Run some trick plays, Run Mendenhall, get Ben rolling out of the pocket, Pass on first down now and then, stop throwing it 40 yds down field everytime it's 1st & 10, just use some common sense and mix things up.

As far as defense goes, you blitz blitz blitz, and blitz somemore, even more than normal. Send the house and get in their face. You do that and you'll get to the QB more often than not. Our DB's are at their best when we get pressure on the QB. If we don't get pressure we don't play good defense.

I would say do what you did last year, but this team hasn't shown the capability to do that yet.

LatrobePA
12-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Watch the 49'r defense from MNF game.....They were swarming and getting to the QB, that was our style!

SteelCityKid5
12-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Their (niners) defensive age is probably around 27.something while ours is 30.something. I still say age is a factor.

LatrobePA
12-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Their (niners) defensive age is probably around 27.something while ours is 30.something. I still say age is a factor.

Age is a huge factor you can see it....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2009, 12:53 PM
We are a very well balanced defensive group with a good mix of savy veterans and young players but the problem is 2 of the ultimate players in Smith & Polamalu are gone, Farrior has been up and down all year, and our DB's are well, horrific, so age is a factor yeah but so are injuries and just lack of fire & desire on the defense as a whole. The will to win at all costs and be successful has left this unit for now.

If Smith & Polamalu are on the field right now, perhaps this defense is VERY different and so is our record...we've beat that dead horse 9 ways to Sunday but we'll never know how good we could have been this year.