PDA

View Full Version : 4 teams stand between the Steelers and the playoffs

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-14-2009, 09:53 AM
3 weeks to go...4 teams in the way...Steelers get to play two of them.

Like I said...if you guys win out, you have a good shot of making the playoffs. I really don't think the Jags have it in them this year. Loses by the Bengals are a plus...as the Jets play the Bengals in week 17 and if they are playing for something then the Jets will likely lose. However if the Bengals lockup the division and a first round bye, you can go ahead and give the Jets a win in 17.

Ibleedblk&gld
12-14-2009, 09:54 AM
dude...it's over...we're looking forward to the offseason and the changes that are about to come to the coaching staff

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-14-2009, 09:56 AM
dude...it's over...we're looking forward to the offseason and the changes that are about to come to the coaching staff

Technically it's not over...I guarantee if the Steelers pull off a win this weekend...this board will have its hope renewed.

SteelCityKid5
12-14-2009, 10:01 AM
After losing to Oakland, KC and Cleveland ... I dont know if we'd do much in the playoffs.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-14-2009, 10:04 AM
After losing to Oakland, KC and Cleveland ... I dont know if we'd do much in the playoffs.

If the Steelers win 3 in a row and go into the playoffs on a high note...I doubt any team would look forward to playing them.

Mike Tomlin
12-14-2009, 10:17 AM
If the Steelers win 3 in a row and go into the playoffs on a high note...I doubt any team would look forward to playing them.

If we somehow make it to the the playoffs and Troy makes it back before the first round,we got a shot. We've been in every game just like last year, we've just not made that play that won those games last year. I think troy will change the way teams play call against us. If not i'm looking forward to one the highest picks we had in a while.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-14-2009, 10:21 AM
If we somehow make it to the the playoffs and Troy makes it back before the first round,we got a shot. We've been in every game just like last year, we've just not made that play that won those games last year. I think troy will change the way teams play call against us. If not i'm looking forward to one the highest picks we had in a while.

First round picks are highly overrated. But perhaps you could trade it and get an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Blazedby92
12-14-2009, 10:24 AM

:yellowthumb::plus1:

Doubt we make it though :thinking:

Mike Tomlin
12-14-2009, 10:48 AM
First round picks are highly overrated. But perhaps you could trade it and get an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick.

I agree unless we trade up for a sure fire starter that wouldn't be a bad idea. At this point though I think we may have some talented corners in the draft this year. I think we may be in position to get one first round this year. There are plenty of good safties in the draft this year and we can find a good hybrid one in later rounds along with a short yardage back. We really do need a safety who can come in and play either side in case of injuries

LatrobePA
12-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Technically it's not over...I guarantee if the Steelers pull off a win this weekend...this board will have its hope renewed.

Would you stop! This team is beating itself in and out of the locker room, they have become divided and until this crap is fixed we will lose out!

Big T
12-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Technically they are still alive....technically

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Would you stop! This team is beating itself in and out of the locker room, they have become divided and until this crap is fixed we will lose out!

Time to drop the self-pity crap. Your team is still in it...are you guys manhandling the league like you did last year? No, but have some faith. This season isn't over. The team hasn't quit and neither should the fans.

LatrobePA
12-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Time to drop the self-pity crap. Your team is still in it...are you guys manhandling the league like you did last year? No, but have some faith. This season isn't over. The team hasn't quit and neither should the fans.

Dr. Phil is that you? lol

Okay, lets see what happens this weekend, if we can beat the Packers I will regain some hope!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Dr. Phil is that you? lol

Okay, lets see what happens this weekend, if we can beat the Packers I will regain some hope!

If they lose this weekend, I'll stop with the scenarios and let you guys focus on drafting a 1st round corner.

lloydfan4life
12-14-2009, 11:16 AM
The team hasn't quit and neither should the fans.

:wtf: :scratch: The team hasn't quit?
I'd call that performance against Cleveland nothing but pure quit.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-14-2009, 11:22 AM
:wtf: :scratch: The team hasn't quit?
I'd call that performance against Cleveland nothing but pure quit.

I didn't see a team quitting. They held the Browns to 255 yards of total offense. They played them on a very short week in Cleveland. The game was close...it's the NFL, anyone can beat anyone.

lloydfan4life
12-14-2009, 11:26 AM
I guess we'll see for sure this week against GB.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-14-2009, 11:36 AM
I guess we'll see for sure this week against GB.

I know a loss is a loss, but it's not like the Steelers have been getting blown out. On this slide they lost to Cincy by 6, KC by 3, Baltimore by 3, Oakland by 3, Cleveland by 7. In none of these losses did the Steelers get blown out and they were in every game. That an average margin of defeat of 4.4 points.

SteelCityKid5
12-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Amen Big T. So far this year, the Steelers have played down to their opponents and up to their opponents. Green Bay's a good team. We'll see what the Steelers can do. I'm not losing hope.

igor0190
12-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Playoffs are possible but a longshot. If I could pick 1 game to win of these last three it would be to beat the Rats in Heinz field and destroy their playoff chances along with it. :crossfingers:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Mathematically the Steelers are still in it yes, and winning out to finish 9-7 would be nice from a confidence standpoint, but as far as making any noise in the post season, well that's a pipe dream right now.

I'm not saying we wouldn't have a chance if we actually made the dance, but the way this is playing right now, they have no confidence whatsoever. It's like they get a team on the ropes but they can't finish the job and put the dagger in their hearts. I don't see that killer instinct like last year, the will to make the play when you absolutely have too. If I'm wrong, then so be it, and it's just a case of injuries and older players catching up to us.

Moondog
12-14-2009, 02:10 PM

Yes, you are right technically it's not over, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season not for hopes of a playoff berth but to see how the Steelers respond to the biggest adversity they have had in recent memory. I'm going to be looking for that fire and determination in them that they had not long ago. If they play with pride and win out that would be nice even if they don't make the playoffs.

JensK
12-14-2009, 02:23 PM
No, 4 teams does not stand between Steelers and the playoffs, one team does, and thats the Pittsburgh Steelers...

OC Steel Curtain
12-14-2009, 03:04 PM
its steelers football.. pitt brings something to the table every playoff no matter how they get it in. ex. 2005.

LatrobePA
12-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Lets win out and then we can start talking PO's!

Troyisabeast_43
12-14-2009, 06:10 PM
If the Steelers win Sunday against the Packers and the Jags lose Thursday night against Indy and either Baltimore loses to the Bears Sunday,or the Broncos lose to the Raiders then the Steelers will still have a realistic shot of getting in if they beat the Ravens and Miami the last 2 games. At this point the Steelers should be rooting for Miami to win their next 2 games against Tenn and Houston. By Miami winning their next 2 games they take care of both Houston and the Jets for the Steelers in the tiebrakers race. Because if Miami finishes 9-7 by losing that last game to the Steelers, and the Jets finish 9-7 which if you look at the Jets schedule left with games against Atlanta,Indy,and Cincy they most likely will they will win the division tiebraker with the Jets and cancel them out for the Steelers and then the Steelers would win the head to head tiebraker against the Dolphins. The biggest problem for the Steelers other then winning out is getting either Baltimore to lose to either the Bears or Oakland, or the getting the Broncos to lose to either the Raiders or Chiefs since I believe they will lose to the Eagles next week. Hope that clears things up a bit but that's the whole scenario at this point...

Goodfrom55
12-14-2009, 06:18 PM
of all the playoff teams (division winners), I am pretty sure that no one, even Cincy would want to play the Steelers on a 3 game winning streak. This is a team that when they have it together can beat anyone in the league. problem is from week to week, they're Jeckyll and Hyde and you don't know which team is showing up.

With all the reports that the coaching staff will undergo some changes, the best thing that could happen to the Steelers is play spoiler, win the last 3 games, address the coaching / managerial issues, and prepare for 2010.

Troyisabeast_43
12-14-2009, 06:28 PM
of all the playoff teams (division winners), I am pretty sure that no one, even Cincy would want to play the Steelers on a 3 game winning streak. This is a team that when they have it together can beat anyone in the league. problem is from week to week, they're Jeckyll and Hyde and you don't know which team is showing up.

With all the reports that the coaching staff will undergo some changes, the best thing that could happen to the Steelers is play spoiler, win the last 3 games, address the coaching / managerial issues, and prepare for 2010.

Im with you there Harrison nobody would want to see the Steelers come playoff time if they somehow do sneak in. If they do beat the Packers on Sunday which is a HUGE HUGE IF I do believe they will get enough help this week with the Jags losing and a few others as well and it will keep them very much alive going into the Ravens game the following week.

Zachintosh66
12-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Were not really talking about this right...

Troyisabeast_43
12-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Were not really talking about this right...

It might be just prolonging the agony and denying the inevitable but until the Steelers are officially out there are going to be threads about this...A loss to the Packers however will end all of that...However, if they win it will keep them alive another week and create more scenarios for people like me to talk about...

Goodfrom55
12-14-2009, 07:32 PM
As long as the Steelers have a pulse, albeit feint, I'll always hold out hope. But I am also a realist and I understand the planets have to align a certain way for them to get into the playoffs. I'm not gonna root for them to lose out to better their draft position; I want them to end the season with a positive.

Troyisabeast_43
12-14-2009, 07:38 PM
As long as the Steelers have a pulse, albeit feint, I'll always hold out hope. But I am also a realist and I understand the planets have to align a certain way for them to get into the playoffs. I'm not gonna root for them to lose out to better their draft position; I want them to end the season with a positive.

Beat the Packers on Sunday and get the Jags to lose to Indy on Thursday and either Baltimore to lose to the Bears or Denver to lose to the Raiders and the Steelers will still be very much alive...Gotta win on Sunday and have 2 out of those 3 teams lose...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Until this team proves they can close a game out then I won't think play-offs for this Steelers team.......

Mike Tomlin
12-14-2009, 07:44 PM
:clap:

Troyisabeast_43
12-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Until this team proves they can close a game out then I won't think play-offs for this Steelers team.......

We will see what happens on Sunday 32. I think the Steelers with the 10 day layoff from the embarrassment in Cleveland and the game being a late day game with all day to sit around will make them come out fired up Sunday and give the Packers all they can handle...Im not gonna predict the Steelers will beat Green Bay but I dont think the Packers can expect to just walk into Heinz Field and beat the Steelers just because they lost to teams like the Chiefs,Raiders,and Browns. If the Steelers team that beat the Chargers,Vikings,and Broncos shows up Sunday against the Packers Green Bay will get all they can handle from the Steelers.

NCSteeler
12-15-2009, 03:31 AM

Not so , our recent high 1st rounders Troy, Ben , Hampton
our other recent 1st rounders Miller, Mendenhall, Timmons, Holmes

those that are gone Kendall Simmons, Alan Feneca, Burress

I think the Steelers do pretty well with their first rounders in eleven years I would say we missed once, Troy Edwards

On the other note, I always hold hope they will resurrect the season, BUT that being said Green Bay is going to be tough on our lousy secondary. If Lamarr and James don't meet at the QB atleast 5-7 times it could get ugly.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Me thinks the Colts aren't all that interested in the undefeated season. At the first sign of adversity in the Jags game...they will pull Manning. I see the Jags getting a cheap win here.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2009, 09:51 AM
If I'm the Colts, I learn my lesson from sitting people after the season is wrapped up. Take a lesson from the Giants and play your starters and try to win every game so you stay sharp. You only get 1 chance in the playoffs so if you screw up, you're done. Play your guys and if you get a big lead then sit your guys in the 2nd half, otherwise you live and die with what brought you here IMO.

ejsteeler
12-15-2009, 09:53 AM
I think it is hilarious the Joe is trying to pump us up and no one wants anything to do with it........thanks Joe, I still believe anything is possible. Maybe not probable, but possible. :cope:
although I think we would get beat in the playoffs, I would still like to make it. :yesnod:
Yeah, I know, I'm a glutton for punishment.....:dunno: :lol:

Richmond Rukus
12-15-2009, 10:38 AM

After losing the Chiefs and Raiders, the Steelers barely had a pulse, and it flat lined last week when we lost to the Browns. It's gone, and so are our playoff hopes. To be honest, I thought they were gone after the Raiders game. I have seen nothing at all that indicates we have the ability to win 3 consecutive games. To be honest, I'll be surprised if we win 2. I'll be watching, but as someone mentioned before, it's more for pride at this point.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Wild Card Picture After Week 15 (predicted):

Broncos - 9-5 (win against Oakland...game in Denver, Jamarcus or Frye playing)
Jaguars - 8-6 (win against Indy...game in Jax, Indy has nothing to play for)
Ravens - 8-6 (win against Chicago...game in Balt, a lot of Bears injuries)
Jets - 8-6 (win against Atl...game in NY, Ryan and Turner hurt)
Dolphins - 7-7 (loss against Tenn...game in Tenn, Chris Johnson will eat them alive)
Steelers - 7-7 (win against GB...game in Pitt, Steelers coming off long rest week)
Titans - 7-7 (win against Miami...game in Tenn, Titans the better team right now)
Texans - 7-7 (win against St Louis...enough said)

SteelerSteve
12-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Once again I will say. I wish we had nothing but tough teams on our schedule this year. We play good against good teams, ****** against ****** teams. What is it, like one loss by more than 3 points this year? They arent playing like they want it

LatrobePA
12-15-2009, 04:36 PM
"Cloudy AFC PO picture":

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

TEEMONT
12-15-2009, 08:19 PM

While I hate your choice of colors, I agree with you more often than not.

There is a slim chance, and anybody that calls themself a Steelers fan should believe in that hope until the door is closed all the way.

Good post man.

SteelerSteve
12-15-2009, 09:20 PM
I think that if we DO somehow make it to the playoffs then we will have as good of a chance as any to go all the way. This team manhandled the Chargers for 3 quarters, whipped Denver and managed to beat the Vikings. So they obviously can beat playoff caliber teams. Just watch out for any team that has 4 or less wins lol

Goodfrom55
12-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Once again I will say. I wish we had nothing but tough teams on our schedule this year. We play good against good teams, ****** against ****** teams.

That's good news because the next 3 opponents are against quality teams. At the very least, if the Steelers can't get into the playoffs, then perhaps they can ruin someone else's Christmas by knocking them out of the playoffs.

Finishing 9-7, missing the playoffs, and taking the route of spoiler is as gratifying as winning a tallest Midget contest. But if we have nothing else, I'll take it.

ShellShock
12-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Aren't we last in all the tie breakers against those teams?

LatrobePA
12-15-2009, 10:54 PM
I say F the play offs and lets just play to WIN! I will say this though, if, and a very big if, we win out and make the post season, we will have #7 on display this spring!

Did I mention VERY BIG IF???

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2009, 04:10 PM
I say F the play offs and lets just play to WIN! I will say this though, if, and a very big if, we win out and make the post season, we will have #7 on display this spring!

Did I mention VERY BIG IF???

So youre going to predict a Super Bowl win if the Steelers somehow find a way to sneak in the playoffs as the 6 seed??

LatrobePA
12-16-2009, 04:31 PM
So youre going to predict a Super Bowl win if the Steelers somehow find a way to sneak in the playoffs as the 6 seed??

If it happens YES, they are a team that everyone counted out and in return a team no one would want to play....Did I mention monkeys will fly from my *** too??