PDA

View Full Version : Dear Santa:

jtretz
12-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Dear Santa,

I have been a pretty good boy this year. I have restrained from screaming my "Tony Montana" imitation at the tv during the Steelers 5 game brutal losing streak because I have a 18 month old daughter in the house. So please grant me my requests.

#1) Kidnap that piece of sh*t Bruce Arians. Bring him to the north pole with you to teach the reindeers to play their games. (If Rudolf is smart he wouldn't care about playing reindeer games then!):clap:

#2) Pick up Bob Ligashesky, and drop him off where he should be coaching. Special Olympics! Not special teams!:greenbounce2:

#3) Try and get Mike Tomlin a job with President Obamas staff. He would fit in so well. He promises changes and things get worse!:evilshake:

Thank you Santa. I know you are a huge Steeler fan and I think if you can grant me my 3 X-mas wishes it will make us both feel GREAT!!!!!!:yesnod:

Ibleedblk&gld
12-13-2009, 10:09 PM
i agree w/ 1 and 2, but don't write tomlin off yet...he was stern in TC his first 2 seasons, and i think the SB win got to his head...i'm sure he'll be stern from here on out, and we'll be fine, pending draft picks and coaching changes

be patient

Big T
12-14-2009, 12:13 AM
All this fire Tomlin **** is getting real old....

Phenomenal TJ
12-14-2009, 12:28 AM
All this fire Tomlin **** is getting real old....

Yes. It's quite irritating.

scott0326
12-14-2009, 03:54 AM
If Arian's is fired, ill honestly accept that was a christmas present.

coldrolled
12-14-2009, 05:58 AM
If Arian's is fired, ill honestly accept that was a christmas present.

Washington just scored 34 points again. and they didnt fire anyone, they just have a
new guy calling plays... they scored 64 points in the last two games.

thats all we need. but fire bruce anyway, because his play design sucks too,
let alone the timing of his play calls.

we score 30+ points a game without Arians and even using Dixon at QB for the last three games....

the team is fine. we need some more young D in the draft and maybe one OL, pay a free agent...

SteelCityKid5
12-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Funny, no one said anything about firing Tomlin or that he inherited Bill Cowhers team last year.I'll take any guy who could do in 2 years what it took Cowher to do in 14 years. Bandwagoners.

LatrobePA
12-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Funny, no one said anything about firing Tomlin or that he inherited Bill Cowhers team last year.I'll take any guy who could do in 2 years what it took Cowher to do in 14 years. Bandwagoners.

Well said man!

How about the Ratbirds putting 48 up on the same QB lead Detroit team we faced?? Start with a new OC and I think we'll be set!!!

jtretz
12-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Well all this losing is getting old!

Big T
12-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Well all this losing is getting old!

It's one bad season...just like a previous thread said, we are all spoiled...6 championships and 2 recently....one bad season isn't going to kill us...it will probably
help us in the long run with the draft and such....how bout Lions fans? They aren't complaining nearly as much as you and they only have 2 wins in 2 seasons...

kgreen
12-14-2009, 04:26 PM
I was talking to one Steeler fan who compared this team to some of the teams in the 50's and 60's. People are just overreacting. Those same nay-sayers will be back next year talking about how great of a coach Tomlin is. Cause they were all praising him last year.

jtretz
12-14-2009, 09:00 PM
I have never liked Tomlin! When we won the superbowl we did it with a great team that was put together over time. The way we have lost every game this season has been so frustrating! I know we have missed a tackle here and an interception there but the coaching has been horrible and I hold the man in charge for this! Period!! He is in charge of the Offensive co-ordinator, the special teams coach etc. If things are not going well in the game can't he trump Arians for instance and say, "let's throw a couple of screens to slow down their pass rush"?? We are so predictable on Offense. Can't Tomlin see this? I along with many Steeler fans out there can!!!

Goodfrom55
12-14-2009, 09:48 PM
My only real gripe with Tomlin is he coddles the veteran players too much.

Other than that, he experiences some growing pains from time to time as any new head coach will. I understand that and know it will improve (for example, 53 yard FG 6 minutes left 4th quarter at home vs Oakland) . . .

I defended Arians all season long regarding his system, but killed him for his playcalling. Needless to say, I have seen the light. To call an effective offense in the NFL, you need balance. He has none. With Mendy and Parker, there is no excuse not to run 35-40 times a game.

Steelhead4life
12-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Bruce Arians must go and it starts with Tomlin. I think he has accomplished a lot as a rookie head coach but he needs to use some Cowher power!! Why are we running so many empty sets when Ben is one of the most sacked QB's in football?? He is not picking up the hot receivers quick enough for that. Also, why do we never run many screens??? Baffling to me. BA needs to go! Anyone with me on this?

Goodfrom55
12-14-2009, 09:57 PM
That's what I mean by balance. . .Empty set - pass. You have to keep the defense guessing so they can't load up to defend an obvious pass. The problem is Arians' offense is geared for the quick strike. He doesn't want the grind out style 4 yard run, 7 yard pass; he wants the 60 yard bomb and that's not effective.

Vs Cleveland, 1st down - 4 yard run, 2nd & 6 - 4 yard run, 3rd & 2 - 5 wide shotgun, sack. C'mon!

They give up too quickly on the running game and you can't do that. You give me 4 yards per carry, so I'm 3rd and 3 or less, I'll take that all day long.

last night during the Giants game, the Giants called 3 screens on the same series. Steelers haven't called 3 HB Screens all season.

Steelhead4life
12-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Problem is Arians. We have so much talent with a terrible OC who is ridiculously predictable. He must go!

--- Added 12/14/2009 at 10:01 PM ---

I understand your frustration but firing Mike Tomlin is NOT the answer. He has brought us our 6th Super Bowl ring and he did it fairly quickly. How about firing BA? I would however like to see Mike Tomlin put more of a fire to their rear ends!!!! There seems to be a lack of motivation here. I don't want to see him clapping anymore when they screw up! How about some Cowher style motivation!!

Goodfrom55
12-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Tomlin ain't going anywhere and that's fine by me. 3 coaching changes are necessary and Tomlin needs to crank up sleep-away camp to boot camp in 2010.

Zierlien
Ligashesky
Arians

75Steeler
12-15-2009, 09:34 PM
I think the biggest problem is Arians. It is very hard for any fan to accept this season after last season. All we heard last season was that they played for each other and wanted that Super Bowl win for their team mates. They looked like a family on the sidelines and worked like a well oiled machine on the field. I have said it before in other threads and I will say it again here and now. They have lost that spark. I don't see Hines coaching young players on the sidelines like he did last year. Although Ben did spend time with Dixon when he filled in. They dont have that appearance like they are taking ownership in this team and responsability for their individual playing. :stirpot:

BradtheGreat
12-16-2009, 01:21 PM
I agree. I mean Tomlin just led this team to a super bowl win last season. Head coaches get blamed way too much for stuff in the NFL. Tomlin isnt throwing or catching the ball. Tomlin isnt blocking.. Tomlin isnt giving up big plays down field to "just okay" wide recievers.. I do admit something needs to be done with the Offensive play calling. They need to establish a run even if you dont run for 15 yards every attempt. Tire the other defense and not your own by chucking the ball downfield every single play for way too many 3 and outs. This is the NFL where its always a ? year to year. They just need to manage the game better from the offensive side of the ball. The defense is on the field way too much do to the fact of the off play calling.. Give the D a break. THE OC NEEDS FIRED

ejsteeler
12-16-2009, 01:26 PM
It's one bad season...just like a previous thread said, we are all spoiled...6 championships and 2 recently....one bad season isn't going to kill us...it will probably
help us in the long run with the draft and such....how bout Lions fans? They aren't complaining nearly as much as you and they only have 2 wins in 2 seasons...

:plus1: