PDA

View Full Version : Our prayers may get answered... Coaches on hot seat

igor0190
12-13-2009, 12:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4738788

Any chance they fire Arians during this last 3 game stretch??

SteelCityKid5
12-13-2009, 12:35 PM
No, in the offseason. Wont happen now. But, THANK GOD! This is great news. Atleast a storm is brewing.

Mike Tomlin
12-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Atleast something good is coming out of the losing streak. Can't wait to see what happens this off season with good draft picks and a new staff. What OC would be available though?

BR7
12-13-2009, 12:51 PM
The three names they menitoned in that article puts a smile on my face. It's a festivus miracle! lol. good riddance, whenever they go...

SteelerSal
12-13-2009, 12:59 PM
What OC would be available though?

Maybe Ken Anderson gets promoted?

Mike Tomlin
12-13-2009, 01:04 PM
That's how we got Arians and I think they might go outside the organization this time around.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-13-2009, 01:12 PM
LET'S hope an pray this is TRUE:crossfingers: IMO i pray we lose out so we can clean house at the end of the year:clap:

--- Added 12/13/2009 at 12:12 PM ---

HELL NO he's Ben's yes man, Ben needs a coach that's gonna get on his aZZ, at this stage of his career he should be making better decisions with the ball IMO.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2009, 01:32 PM
They won't can them before the season is over, that's not how the Steelers normally do things. I don't expect any changes to occur before our last however, given how this season has gone, I suppose it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

The offensive line wasn't as bad as last year, but still they had way too many breakdowns so I expect that article is pretty right on with those coaches potentially being out of a job. Whatever the case it, it's obvious that we cannot continue down this path and if Tomlin doesn't make major changes there will be an uprising like the team has never seen from the fans.

Mike Tomlin
12-13-2009, 01:33 PM
LET'S hope an pray this is TRUE:crossfingers: IMO i pray we lose out so we can clean house at the end of the year:clap:

HELL NO he's Ben's yes man, Ben needs a coach that's gonna get on his aZZ, at this stage of his career he should be making better decisions with the ball IMO.

That's exactly what's goin on with Arians this year, at this point Bens just being foolish with his body holding on to the ball for the big play. If he would checkdown sometimes no one can cover us. We need some one who recognizes when Bens not seeing straight and take the ball out of his hands. Run the ball so the playactions a threat again, that's where Ben was at his best. We have good receivers at any level of the field but we can't get 2 yards in a 5 wide set. Now that has nothing to do with playcalling that's just not knowing your reads. What's really disturbing is that these are his plays that he picked. How could you not know where everyone is.

Blazedby92
12-13-2009, 02:01 PM
I'll believe it when I see it:crossfingers:

LatrobePA
12-13-2009, 02:27 PM

Thank you thank you thank you!!! You hit it right on the head, Ben needs to have someone control him!! Right now BA and MT are one each nut!!

Iron City South
12-13-2009, 02:54 PM
When teams float out information like this to the media, as sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west .... some coaches will be losing their jobs.

This is the front offices way of giving them the "heads up" so that they can get their houses on the market.

Ibleedblk&gld
12-13-2009, 03:06 PM
i went to espn.com and saw this article and got a chubby

jpele
12-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Hopefully our O'line problems are from scheme. Right now they are zone blocking, a scheme used by smaller quicker linemen. Our guy are drive blockers. A new coach may help themm improve.

Stlrs4Life
12-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Should have known better from the start, BA and Zierlien coached with the Browns.

LatrobePA
12-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Should have known better from the start, BA and Zierlien coached with the Browns.

Where were the red flags?? lol

Stairwayto7
12-13-2009, 04:18 PM
I`m excited for a change, but little too late

UKSTEELER
12-13-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm not a religous man, . . . . but I've been praying for this, and i will not stop now!

One for the thumb
12-13-2009, 08:21 PM
I am areligious, and I will pray for this.. Not only that I will dance a jog, while singing...

Ding dong the witch is gone, ding dong, the wicked witch is dead.

ShellShock
12-13-2009, 08:41 PM
I hope Tomlin has no say in the coaches, because his first choices have been awful.

Prosdo
12-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Hopefully this pans out. I wouldn't mind seeing all three of those guys throw out of Pittsburgh on their asses.

STEELER 4 LIFE
12-13-2009, 10:58 PM
That's exactly what's goin on with Arians this year, at this point Bens just being foolish with his body holding on to the ball for the big play. If he would checkdown sometimes no one can cover us. We need some one who recognizes when Bens not seeing straight and take the ball out of his hands. Run the ball so the playactions a threat again, that's where Ben was at his best. We have good receivers at any level of the field but we can't get 2 yards in a 5 wide set. Now that has nothing to do with playcalling that's just not knowing your reads. What's really disturbing is that these are his plays that he picked. How could you not know where everyone is.

Yeah he holds on to the ball way to long-its like he's always trying to get the big plays instead of taking some of the checkdowns. And please learn to throw the ball away when no ones open!!! He takes way too many drive killing sacks.

NCSteeler
12-14-2009, 12:09 AM

I have spent my weekend contemplating this..

Ben holds the ball too long
we know he is greedy and always looking for the deep ball, he needs to learn how to check down, only way to keep the defense honest.

WRs not getting open, now is this bad play design or WRs not working it?? I tend to think it is play design. When I watch other teams play their offenses seem so much better than ours, more 3 step drops, fast crossing routes, screens. I just don't get with all the talent we have , that it takes every play breaking down to make something happen. I wish someone had a count on how many yards Ben throws for without a play breaking down and him scrambling around.

Steel Trap86
12-14-2009, 07:15 AM
I didn't think they would fire Arians until after the 2010 season, but after seeing the Browns get 8 sacks and Ben only being able to get 201 total yds. against such a **** team while on a 5 game slide, two of the teams being the chiefs & raiders, I wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers finally dumped this dizzy f*cker.

Watched the Philly/Giants game tonight. Eagles got themselves a solid offense to work with this upcoming playoffs, I think there O.C. is doing a hell of a job over there. I look for them to beat out the Saints or Vikings in the post season. That's the kind of fire power we need with the Steelers, Arians has gotta go!!!

Mike Tomlin
12-14-2009, 09:36 AM
I have spent my weekend contemplating this..

Ben holds the ball too long
we know he is greedy and always looking for the deep ball, he needs to learn how to check down, only way to keep the defense honest.

WRs not getting open, now is this bad play design or WRs not working it?? I tend to think it is play design. When I watch other teams play their offenses seem so much better than ours, more 3 step drops, fast crossing routes, screens. I just don't get with all the talent we have , that it takes every play breaking down to make something happen. I wish someone had a count on how many yards Ben throws for without a play breaking down and him scrambling around.
I'm glad someone brought this up. If you watch our receivers they hardly ever run the full route that was called before the snap. After 5 or 6 steps they have to snap their head around to the backfield and break off their route because Ben is usually running around. If Ben would throw the ball at the time when he pumppfakes he would move our team down the field better. I mean does he have to extend his arm on the pumpfake everytime? The shoulder roll is just as effective and you don't take as much time to reload and throw.

lloydfan4life
12-14-2009, 10:18 AM

I HOPE that was nothing more than a sarcastic comment!

Ken Anderson needs the axe right along with the other coaches mentioned.

Brad 69
12-14-2009, 12:13 PM
At least something good is coming out of the losing streak. Can't wait to see what happens this off season with good draft picks and a new staff. What OC would be available though? Charlie wies might be a good coordinator

coldrolled
12-14-2009, 02:08 PM
At least something good is coming out of the losing streak. Can't wait to see what happens this off season with good draft picks and a new staff. What OC would be available though? Charlie wies might be a good coordinator

3 Super Bowl wins. Has a good OC mind...

He wont be looking for the Head Coach job anywhere...

Blazedby92
12-14-2009, 02:19 PM
3 Super Bowl wins. Has a good OC mind...

He wont be looking for the Head Coach job anywhere...

That's what we need an OC that had to cheat to get those 3 SB wins and the ND job. So far I haven't seen a coach from the Belecheat era do anything but screw teams up even worse.

There is a reason he won't be looking for a HC job.

coldrolled
12-14-2009, 02:29 PM
That's what we need an OC that had to cheat to get those 3 SB wins and the ND job. So far I haven't seen a coach from the Belecheat era do anything but screw teams up even worse.

you have a good point there on the cheating.... he will be an OC on some team...

hopefully not in the AFC North.... i hate to see it sting us twice a year if hes good.....

so... who else???

Mike Tomlin
12-14-2009, 03:01 PM

.......and they jacked us for 2 of them lol! If he shows up in Pittsburgh for an interview the Rooneys might jump on him.