PDA

View Full Version : NFL Insider "Steelers Struggles"

LatrobePA
12-12-2009, 11:46 PM
What do you all think?? Agree, disagree??

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d814e3e35/The-Insiders-Steelers-struggles

steelersbabex25
12-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Um well for starters I think the thing about them being around the heater is stupid..I mean if it was like a -5 windchill or whatever it was and I was just wearing a football jersey, I'd definitely be around that thing too, whether I'm in the NFL or not..

But everything else that they said seemed pretty legit..nothing that hasn't been said before. Injuries hurt them, defense lost their "swagger", Tomlin isn't connecting with the team, no leadership, coaching staff isn't great, etc. Lot's of things wrong with the team, but nothing that can't be fixed within an offseason. I expect a different team next year.

Moondog
12-13-2009, 01:00 AM
The disease of me... I like that. I agree with alot of it...I really do think they got fat and happy and Mike Tomlin, if anything, trusted this team too much in thinking he could take it easier on them (camp cupcake, bye week break, etc.), he figured they knew what it takes to win and they let him down. Tomlin didn't know the temperature of his own team, hopefully he does now. Mike has got an opportunity to get rid of Arians now that they have fallen on bad times and I hope he does. I used to try to give Arians the benefit of the doubt but not anymore, I think he's not good for Ben and Ben needs to be coached not pampered. Special Teams needs ...well you know where I'm going there.
Hell the whole team needs to take a look at themselves, plain and simple.

SteelerRush
12-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Hovering around the heater just a stupid comment!

Arians has just divided this offense with his stupid pass happy offense that he has to go.

I said it before we miss player leadership. No one to stand up and demand player accountability. We need Peezy back! When was the last time we didn't have player stand up and be a vocal leader for this team. Hines is trying for the offense but just went after the wrong player. Non of our leaders on defense are stepping up to the tradition.

What happened to Ike Taylor and James Farrior. In my oppinion our biggest disappointment players this year.

NCSteeler
12-14-2009, 02:34 AM
I think the heater comment is legit. When I was at the Dallas game last year it was about 9 degrees and they weren't hovering around no damn heater.

Second, I think Ben doesn't lead as well, because they see him as lazy when it comes to studying film or extra workouts. If he's not the hardest working player it's hard for him to get everyone else to give more.

I still think Ward has at least another full season in him.

Troy has been around 8 seasons now and we need to start thinking about how the hell to play defense without him.

I definitely think Tomlin over estimated how a veteran team would handle themselves post SB. I also think he waited and is still waiting too long to make adjustments.