PDA

View Full Version : C'mon Man

jpele
12-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Ok I'm looking for positives and there's nothing to be found. We're in a five game slide and Tomlin gives the guys a couple days off to relax.WTF !! They should be hitting the film room , putting on the pads.

Ward takes kid to the movies, Holmes is enjoying the sunshine in Florida, who knows what the rest of the team is doing. Is this how you get you guys ready to WIN a game

LatrobePA
12-12-2009, 10:34 PM
They just won a SB, all they have to do is show up each week and get a free win because of it, right???

That's what I believe they thought..."easiest" schedule this year, shoot this is a cake walk, or so they thought.

Even the ****** *** browns will play you harder than ever just to say they beat the defending chumps I mean champs!

I just watched Americas game from 2008, what a team we had last year, they played with meaning....Boy that sure went down the shitter this year!!

Moondog
12-12-2009, 11:36 PM
My mind is blown...

zulater
12-12-2009, 11:58 PM
It started with "Camp Cupcake" and has carried over into the season. This team is full of itself and soft. Mental and physical errors by established veterans are met with a collective yawn by the coaching staff. There's simply no accountability on this team. No fear of failure. Consequences only apply to younger players and scrubs. Veterans have free reign. They make the rules, they enforce the rules.

God how I miss Cowher spitting in players faces when they screwed up. I don't know how much good it did, with some probably not much at all, but others I think it did reach. But regardless, at least in Cowher I saw a kindred spirit, someone who was pained as much by losing as I am.

NYCsteelersfan
12-13-2009, 02:52 AM
Ok I'm looking for positives and there's nothing to be found. We're in a five game slide and Tomlin gives the guys a couple days off to relax.WTF !! They should be hitting the film room , putting on the pads.

Ward takes kid to the movies, Holmes is enjoying the sunshine in Florida, who knows what the rest of the team is doing. Is this how you get you guys ready to WIN a game

You need to let go of this season. Hope Arians is gone next season and the players respond from embarassing themselves this season regardless of Mike Tomlin's "Marvin Lewis" disciplinary methods. Let's also hope Hines Ward doesn't change his name next year to "Ocho Seis"

Stairwayto7
12-13-2009, 07:42 AM
They`ve taken 5 weeks off now, whats a couple more days? Big deal!

lloydfan4life
12-13-2009, 09:47 AM
It started with "Camp Cupcake" and has carried over into the season. This team is full of itself and soft. Mental and physical errors by established veterans are met with a collective yawn by the coaching staff. There's simply no accountability on this team. No fear of failure. Consequences only apply to younger players and scrubs. Veterans have free reign. They make the rules, they enforce the rules.

God how I miss Cowher spitting in players faces when they screwed up. I don't know how much good it did, with some probably not much at all, but others I think it did reach. But regardless, at least in Cowher I saw a kindred spirit, someone who was pained as much by losing as I am.

Excellent post!
At least with Cowher you saw some emotion and life on the sidelines.

LatrobePA
12-13-2009, 10:29 AM
I believe it's all internal now....Locker room BS, could the guys really be torn with Ben sitting out the Rats game? Maybe the mindset, he takes a game off so will we???

Dunno it's mind boggling!

BR7
12-13-2009, 12:53 PM
They`ve taken 5 weeks off now, whats a couple more days? Big deal!

agreed.

Phenomenal TJ
12-14-2009, 12:27 AM
Time to look to next year.

ShellShock
12-14-2009, 12:57 AM
You are that guy who is the last to know that they are fired. Get a clue

tuggysteel822
12-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Pack it in and play dixon at QB and Logan at rb? Dixon is gonna be your backup in the future, and he deserves some starts. Let us see what he can do.

Phenomenal TJ
12-16-2009, 03:32 AM
The question is: Do we completely pack it in? Or do the starters for a half thing like we're resting for the playoffs. When in reality, we're resting so no one pulls a shoulder while playing golf this off-season.

DanRooney
12-16-2009, 05:12 AM
Dixon is not a starting caliber QB. We saw that against the Ravens where his awesome play was topped with a whopping 140 yards passing. Why you idiots want to see him in is beyond me.

tuggysteel822
12-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Dixon is not a starting caliber QB. We saw that against the Ravens where his awesome play was topped with a whopping 140 yards passing. Why you idiots want to see him in is beyond me.

Umm...he almost won a heisman trophy in college if not for an injury, he nearly got us a win against the ravens. (played very well under center, and was not sacked), showed he has skill and is talented. He also didn't get hurt after a few plays like batch did.
not saying that there is gonna be a qb controversy, but you can't say he didn't play well. If that end doesn't make that tough pick for the ravens in ot, the steelers probably win that game and this whole shithouse situation is a lot different.
:2cents:

Sir Blitzelot
12-16-2009, 05:33 PM

I think the Steelers have more important things to worry about, Dennis Dixon is the least of their problems right now.