PDA

View Full Version : Franchise quarterback

steelers40xl
12-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Does the front office and coaching staff realize what is happening to their 120 million dollar QB do they intend for ben to just get absolutley pummeled game after game year after year ! Do they realize how his career is being shorten by the abuse he's taking, I know he brings alot of the punishment on himself but lets be serious ,how bad is there O-line when they can't block a 3 man defensive front, of no names I might add. For ben's sake please draft or acquire some offensive line help.:crossfingers:

Zachintosh66
12-11-2009, 10:49 PM
I agree... here is the thing that kills me... several times last night and uncountable times during the year. The play call comes in, Ben relays it to the team, they go to the LOS and there is (plain as day) either too many defenders blitzing or in the box than we can possibly block... or we are outmanned on one side of the line. So when this happens the play call has everyone going on a long pattern... no underneath or dump off route. Once yesterday they dumped it off to Mendy and he didnt get the first down but he made it a short yardage play. Can we please get an underneath route to Heath or Mendy?

Why cant Ben audible? Change the play... or (god forbid) can he even see the rush coming? Im a 30-something screaming at the TV, "9 Guys in the box" when they are in there 3 TE sets... or "the blitz is coming off the right, gonna have to get rid of it quick". Im a 30-something armchair QB who can see these things plain as day. These guy are pro's they are supposed to know more than me. But yet we keep doing the same things day-in-day-out.

Woodson_DownUnder
12-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Does the front office and coaching staff realize what is happening to their 120 million dollar QB do they intend for ben to just get absolutley pummeled game after game year after year ! Do they realize how his career is being shorten by the abuse he's taking, I know he brings alot of the punishment on himself but lets be serious ,how bad is there O-line when they can't block a 3 man defensive front, of no names I might add. For ben's sake please draft or acquire some offensive line help.:crossfingers:

I wouldn't be surprised if Big Ben decided to make that same 'statement' by holding the ball longer than he normally does to prove once and for all 'that a major OVERHAUL is required on the O-line' that played a heck of a play-off series last season. Kudos there but that's all. It's over with these guys. With lingering suspicions of whether Big Ben's siding with BA to improving the passing game was more about playing to his worth rather than putting the TEAM before him with getting healthy RB's part of the offensive gameplan is much of another massive concern why Big Ben is faultering... too much of the responsibility weighing on his shoulders when he doesn't need to. The Shotgun formation is just a dead give away to the opposition to say.... we're PASSING NOW, bring the blitz on and you'll have a chance. WTF happened to the successful Play-action set up? :banging: And SMASH MOUTH!! I have no doubt had BA / Tomlin decided to play the conservative style (and yes, even take the FG on 4th & 1 in redzone), move the chains anyway, that the Steelers would NO WAY be in this predicament.

Bad coaching, selfish audibles by Big Ben have all contributed to a nightmare second half of the season... 6-2 to 6-7.. :clap: Own Worst Enemy. :evilshake:

75Steeler
12-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Yep if we don't get some o-line help to protect Ben he will be an old man in a wheelchair by his 40th birthday. But at least he will be wealthy.

steelers40xl
12-11-2009, 11:04 PM
I agree , They have one of the top five QB's in the league you would think they would do everything in their power to make his career as long as possible, And i agree with all of your points you would think the steelers would see the obvious also!

Moondog
12-11-2009, 11:47 PM
I think there is an elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about and that elephant is Ben. He's got Arian in his back pocket and I read somewhere he didn't even throw a pass all off season. He doesn't have the same drive to advance to the next level like the Bradys, Brees and Mannings of this league. I'm sick of hearing how he hangs onto the ball too long and that's just "Ben being Ben". That still shouldn't mean he can't look to get rid of the ball sooner to improve his game. He takes too long in his progressions and he's addicted to backyard football which is great when it works but you can't rely on it. There's been many of times I've seen him pass up the checkdown only to get sacked or picked. I'm not giving Arians or the O-line a free pass but Ben's a big part of this mess too.
Also don't get me wrong...I'm grateful for Ben and what he's given to us fans since he's been a Steeler, it's been an awesome ride...it's just I think with a renewed dedication to his craft he can be an even more amazing player than he currently is.

igor0190
12-12-2009, 12:18 AM
I agree... here is the thing that kills me... several times last night and uncountable times during the year. The play call comes in, Ben relays it to the team, they go to the LOS and there is (plain as day) either too many defenders blitzing or in the box than we can possibly block... or we are outmanned on one side of the line. So when this happens the play call has everyone going on a long pattern... no underneath or dump off route. Once yesterday they dumped it off to Mendy and he didnt get the first down but he made it a short yardage play. Can we please get an underneath route to Heath or Mendy?

Why cant Ben audible? Change the play... or (god forbid) can he even see the rush coming? Im a 30-something screaming at the TV, "9 Guys in the box" when they are in there 3 TE sets... or "the blitz is coming off the right, gonna have to get rid of it quick". Im a 30-something armchair QB who can see these things plain as day. These guy are pro's they are supposed to know more than me. But yet we keep doing the same things day-in-day-out.

:plus1:Man I couldn't agree with this more... More often than not when Ben gets sacked, they know the blitz is coming and there should be a hot designed in the play. All receivers seem to be 10+ yards down the field. Again... This offence has just as much talent as any in the league. BA HAS TO GO!

Mike Tomlin
12-12-2009, 01:18 AM

Oh no let everyone else tell it , it's the O-lines fault. Ben either can't read the rush, can't read the coverage behind it, or just refuse to hit the short man. Please someone tell him to quit that pumpfake because people are teeing off on him because of it. That's the only thing keeping him from elite status to me.

Zachintosh66
12-12-2009, 01:43 AM
Oh no let everyone else tell it , it's the O-lines fault. Ben either can't read the rush, can't read the coverage behind it, or just refuse to hit the short man. Please someone tell him to quit that pumpfake because people are teeing off on him because of it. That's the only thing keeping him from elite status to me.

Question is... Is it Ben? Or is BA a stickler for the original play thats called?

So basically who isnt the smarter one? Ben? for not being able to read whats going on? Or BA? for not letting Ben check down or audible?

We may never know :(

coldrolled
12-12-2009, 07:52 AM

Arians destroyed Tim Couch in Cleveland.. He is now working on his second first round pick QB to go down with a short career.

Why is he still here??????

75Steeler
12-12-2009, 09:27 AM
We need old man Rooney back from Ireland to make some changes. Do we really need to worry about relations with Ireland anyway? Send them a couple 5ths of Jamison for Christmas they will love us.

coldrolled
12-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Question is... Is it Ben? Or is BA a stickler for the original play thats called?

So basically who isnt the smarter one? Ben? for not being able to read whats going on? Or BA? for not letting Ben check down or audible?

We may never know :(

Before halftime ben went no huddle. we moved right down the field, but ran out of time.

is no huddle no arians ???? is that why it works.

we never saw the no huddle again the rest of the game.

we won a superbowl in no huddle. if it works why do we stop doing it?? frustrating.

mendenhall is working... he sits for a qtr. raiders game.
he runs 9 yards in two plays, hes out again. wow!

STEELER 4 LIFE
12-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I agree that Ben takes way too many sacks! Trying to remember
if i have seen him throw a ball away,Hmmmmm.
We do seem to move the ball well in the no huddle,can't believe we
hadn't seen more this season.