PDA

View Full Version : Heath Miller

Clevelandsux
12-11-2009, 06:45 PM
What has happened to Heath Miller? This guy used to be dependable. Seems like he is always getting called for holding and he seems to be dropping alot of passes anymore?

Goodfrom55
12-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Heath is the MAN. yes there have been some drops of late and the infamous tip drill INT in KC, but all in all, he is the best Steelers TE I've seen in 30 years.

There is an old saying:

"Don't judge someone by their last at bat, but their batting average".

More often than not, Heath has bailed out Ben and the offense and my confidence in him has not been shaken in any way shape or form. Not even the best fo the best catch everything thrown their way.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Heath is a rock man, whenever Ben tosses it his way the dude comes down with it most of the time. Yeah he's been flagged for holding some lately but so has everyone else; with the team struggling everybody presses even harder and more mistakes happen.

I'll take Heath any day on this team over most TE's in the league, no question, perhaps all of them.

Troyisabeast_43
12-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Im not worried about the recent drops or lack of production from Heath Miller. This guy has been a vital part of the Steelers winning 2 Championships in 2005 and 2008. He has made clutch catches and been nothing but professional ever since he has been a Steeler. When do you ever hear a peep about Heath Miller?? Hardly never. It's just one of those cases and years for the Steelers that when it rains it pours and everything that can go wrong has gone wrong for this team especially over the last month. And that includes even a sure handed guy like Heath Miller dropping passes that 99 times out of 100 he would catch. While Heath Miller has had some big drops and not played well through the course of this 5 game losing streak he is probably at or near the bottom of the list of problems and things that are wrong with this Steelers team...

Big T
12-11-2009, 07:21 PM
He'll be fine....he's a top 5 tight end, I'll give him a few drops

Stairwayto7
12-11-2009, 07:34 PM
No issues with Heath here! As far as holding goes, when your blocking the guy that our tackles should be, he is doing the best that he can. If he had some help, maybe we could use him as the stud TE that he is. The more he has to block, we arent getting our moneys worth, shame on the OL>

75Steeler
12-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeah Miller is a rock. He never bitches and he does a good job. It is football and mistakes will be made. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the pro bowl.

Zachintosh66
12-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Hes had quite a few drops last few games... im more concered with our defense's lack of producing TO's

igor0190
12-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Gotta relax a little... There's nothing wrong with Heath. The WHOLE team is playing bad and there is a lack of confidence.

coldrolled
12-12-2009, 07:53 AM
What has happened to Heath Miller? This guy used to be dependable. Seems like he is always getting called for holding and he seems to be dropping alot of passes anymore?

Play Calling......

STEELER 4 LIFE
12-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Theres way too many other problems than worry about Heath, he's a beast! He has seemed to be a little off lately, but so has the whole team in that regard.

Phenomenal TJ
12-14-2009, 12:19 AM
He's only had four penalties called on him all year according to PFF.

He catches 83.6% of the passes thrown to him for nearly 10 yards a catch (9.3) five touchdowns, only one pick when throwing his way and only one fumbled (PIT recovered.)

And he's only been credited with three drops.

ShellShock
12-14-2009, 12:58 AM
With a name like Heath how long could he really last?

scott0326
12-14-2009, 03:55 AM
Heath is the least of my concerns about this team.

Phenomenal TJ
12-14-2009, 10:31 PM
So everyone hates William Gay and now they need an offensive player to gun for? :\

JensK
12-15-2009, 06:34 AM
So everyone hates William Gay and now they need an offensive player to gun for? :\

Thats how it goes when you start to loose :P I for one finds it hilarious to see all the drops our WRs have this year, and not one have been bashing them for it, but Sweed should be waived for not catching a hail mary. I know he has dropped more than that, but man, our WRs are doing a pretty terrible job this year tbh. Miller is probably the most consistant guy on our offense atm.

greg1964
12-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Health has emotional money in my bank: He is the least of my worries: (man....that sound alot like MT)

UKSTEELER
12-15-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't know if it was the cold, but they showed him in close up on Thursday at one point and he couldn't have looked anymore pissed off!

Phenomenal TJ
12-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Thats how it goes when you start to loose :P I for one finds it hilarious to see all the drops our WRs have this year, and not one have been bashing them for it, but Sweed should be waived for not catching a hail mary. I know he has dropped more than that, but man, our WRs are doing a pretty terrible job this year tbh. Miller is probably the most consistant guy on our offense atm.

Yeah, that's how it goes I guess, lol. People want heads to roll.

Our wide receivers drops:

Ward - 6
Holmes - 6
Wallace - 2
Sweed - 1

Seems off, especially Sweed's numbers but maybe there's a certain criteria for a pass being labeled as dropped. Of course, my personal belief (one that I grew up with and learned from my dear high school coach Lowell Klinefelter) is that if you can touch it, you can catch it.

I don't know if it was the cold, but they showed him in close up on Thursday at one point and he couldn't have looked anymore pissed off!

Maybe it was because they were getting outplayed by the Browns. :yesnod:

Goodfrom55
12-15-2009, 05:50 PM
He is a complete TE. I am Biased, but I think he is the best TE in football. For the stat enthusiasts out there, there are TE's with better stats, but from an overall performance standpoint, he is a complete player (Blocking, Catching, Awareness, etc.).

75Steeler
12-15-2009, 09:44 PM
With a name like Heath how long could he really last?

Thanks! that happens to be my name. But it's cool.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2009, 08:41 PM
You can all thank your lucky stars that Heath is on our team. He is the most complete TE this team has seen in decades. Bruener was an awesome blocker but Cowher never threw to him. Eric Greene had all the talent in the world but never became as epic as he could have been. Heath Miller is as reliable as they come and regardless of if he gets called for a hold now and then or drops a pass, the plays he makes are without question as clutch as you can get.

steelersbabex25
12-20-2009, 08:47 PM
It's obvious from this game that Health Miller is the absolute most underrated TE in the league. He came up with too many big plays to count...1st down catch on the last drive. So glad he's on our team.

weidnerr
12-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Heath is a great player and should get a minimum of ten balls a game. When Heath is used effectively we usually alway win. We get in trouble when Ben gets greedy and wants 20-25 yards every play.
:tt02:

Clevelandsux
12-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Heath still got called for a couple of holds today. I'm sorry I call it like I see it.