PDA

View Full Version : Maybe just maybe!!!!!!

playboy pryor
12-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Is the season really over for us? somebody explain to me how we can sneak into the playoffs? :crossfingers:

steelersbabex25
12-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Not gonna happen. I had more faith in them then they probably did, but they're done. 9-7 won't cut it his year.

Stairwayto7
12-11-2009, 04:17 PM
9-7 HA ! We just lost 5 straight, four of which they were to the worst of the worst. We are now in the same sentence as the worst teams in the league, we were beaten by KC, Oak, and Cleve. We don`t deserve the tidy bowl right now!

coldrolled
12-11-2009, 04:21 PM
9-7 HA ! We just lost 5 straight, four of which they were to the worst of the worst. We are now in the same sentence as the worst teams in the league, we were beaten by KC, Oak, and Cleve. We don`t deserve the tidy bowl right now!

If Dixon is our #2 he needs to play some games now and get some experience under his belt so he is ready when needed next year at #2... not sitting on a bench for 2 years and then thrown to the ravens.

But again our offensive coach is missing some screws...

So that wont happen...

TampaSteelGirl
12-11-2009, 04:37 PM
To be honest would you seriously want to just "sneak" into playoffs and then play like they've been playing the last 5 wks????? NOT me!! I'd rather just win games the rest of the remaining weeks for pride if possible and be done for the year....We just aren't a playoff caliber year this year and that's ok. We did just win the Superbowl this year, we are still the champs until 2010!!!!! :tt02:

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Why in the world would you want must less expect this lousy team to make it? No way man, move on, your life will be better.

Draft day should be exciting!

Troyisabeast_43
12-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Is the season really over for us? somebody explain to me how we can sneak into the playoffs? :crossfingers:

I dont want too have to do this since it's a waste of time after the loss to the Browns but since you asked I will anyway. The Steelers would get in if they obviously win out, and the following happens. They need the Jags,Ravens,and Jets to all finish 8-8. Miami doesnt factor into the equation because even if the Steelers would win out which wont happen and the Dolphins win their next 3 games they would still only be only one game ahead of the Steelers going into that last game with the Steelers. And if the Steelers beat them they both would finish 9-7 and they would then win the head to head tiebraker. The Steelers essentially though need the Jags to lose their next 3 of their last 4 games against Miami,Indy,New England,and the Browns. They need the Ravens to lose at least one more game that doesnt include us beating them on December 27th. They have the Lions,Bears,and Raiders left. And the Jets would have to lose 2 of their final 4 games they have left with Tampa,Atlanta,Indy,and Cincy. If all of that happens the Steelers will make the playoffs. Hope that clears things up...

K Train
12-11-2009, 04:54 PM
they are all but mathematically eliminated now

Troyisabeast_43
12-11-2009, 04:56 PM
they are all but mathematically eliminated now

A loss to the Packers next week will officially eliminate them for good Im almost certain...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-11-2009, 04:58 PM
I can see the Jags losing 3 of their final 4 games and I most assuredly think they'll drop 2. They play Miami, Indy, New England, and Cleveland. Winning 2 puts them at 9-7.

The Dolphins have Jax, Tenn, Houston, and Pittsburgh. In my opinion they win 2 of those.

The Jets have Tampa, Atlanta, Indy, and Cincy left. No way those guys win more than 2 games. They're out at 8-8.

The Ravens have Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Oakland. Looking like they may win 2 more games. 8-8 won't get it.

The Broncos have Indy, Oakland, Philly, and KC. They will probably win 2 more games and they're in the playoffs.

There are 2 5-7 teams (Houston and Tenn)...shouldn't be an issue.

So to state the obvious, Pittsburgh needs to win out. By doing that they will eliminate the Ravens and the Dolphins. It helps if Miami takes out Jax before the Steelers beat them.

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Guys why are we doing this? We scored 6 against the leagues worst defense minus 5 starters. I think it's time we turn the page!

Troyisabeast_43
12-11-2009, 05:13 PM
I can see the Jags losing 3 of their final 4 games and I most assuredly think they'll drop 2. They play Miami, Indy, New England, and Cleveland. Winning 2 puts them at 9-7.

The Dolphins have Jax, Tenn, Houston, and Pittsburgh. In my opinion they win 2 of those.

The Jets have Tampa, Atlanta, Indy, and Cincy left. No way those guys win more than 2 games. They're out at 8-8.

The Ravens have Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Oakland. Looking like they may win 2 more games. 8-8 won't get it.

The Broncos have Indy, Oakland, Philly, and KC. They will probably win 2 more games and they're in the playoffs.

There are 2 5-7 teams (Houston and Tenn)...shouldn't be an issue.

So to state the obvious, Pittsburgh needs to win out. By doing that they will eliminate the Ravens and the Dolphins. It helps if Miami takes out Jax before the Steelers beat them.

Everything you said there is pretty accurate Joe. The Steelers cannot finish 9-7 with anybody accept the Broncos and the Dolphins because those are the only 2 teams they would have the tiebraker over. The Ravens would win the tiebraker because they have a better division record even if they do beat them here in Pittsburgh in 2 weeks,and the Jags would have the tiebraker at 9-7 as well because they would have a better overall conference record then the Steelers. While Im as optimistic as anyone here even I will admit that the loss to Cleveland last night was the dagger in this teams heart...The only thing that gives the Steelers a pulse going into next week in terms of any playoff chance is if the Dolphins beat the Jags on Sunday.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Everything you said there is pretty accurate Joe. The Steelers cannot finish 9-7 with anybody accept the Broncos and the Dolphins because those are the only 2 teams they would have the tiebraker over. The Ravens would win the tiebraker because they have a better division record even if they do beat them here in Pittsburgh in 2 weeks,and the Jags would have the tiebraker at 9-7 as well because they would have a better overall conference record then the Steelers. While Im as optimistic as anyone here even I will admit that the loss to Cleveland last night was the dagger in this teams heart...The only thing that gives the Steelers a pulse going into next week in terms of any playoff chance is if the Dolphins beat the Jags on Sunday.

I will be surprised if the Jags beat the Fins this weekend. The Steelers are still a good team and they now have a week and a half to heal and get ready for GB. I expect them to win that one...this is almost like a bye week for them. After that they get to play their wild card competition the final two weeks.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-11-2009, 06:00 PM
let it go Steelers fans we will be dominate next year with a good draft in april, We are not as bad as we have looked these last 5 weeks........

--- Added 12/11/2009 at 04:00 PM ---

Guys why are we doing this? We scored 6 against the leagues worst defense minus 5 starters. I think it's time we turn the page!

:clap::clap::clap: Thank u.....

franchise3
12-11-2009, 06:14 PM

Ravens play against 4 of the worst NFL teams, why would you think they would win only 2 games...

P.S. Ok, I'll be good.

lloydfan4life
12-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Okay, I'll explain this only once, so please listen closely and try to follow along.

The Steelers can still get into the playoffs if the following things occur;

1- Jacksonville's plane must crash into the ocean on their way to New England. Everyone must survive the plane crash but end up with pneumonia from the friged waters. Three of their starters must have their toes chewed off by sharks.

2- Ray Lewis must finally admit that he actually DID kill somebody. The Ratbirds will be so distracted on the field from everyone watching their own back that the opposing teams will rush for 1832 yards in each of their four remaining games.

3- All of the snow capped mountains in Denver must melt and flood the city.

4- Miami, following in Denver's footsteps, must have a whole week of snow non-stop.

5- The Jets, well.... the Jets can just continue to be themselves.

6- Dan Rooney must renounce his Irish heritage and demand to be made the new ambassador to Cleveland.

7- And finally.... Bruce Arians must be tied to a stake in the south endzone and lit on fire.

Then, and ONLY then, will the Steelers still have a snowballs chance in Hell to reach the playoffs this year. But we've still got our fingers crossed! :crossfingers:

Mike Tomlin
12-11-2009, 08:59 PM
let it go Steelers fans we will be dominate next year with a good draft in april, We are not as bad as we have looked these last 5 weeks........

--- Added 12/11/2009 at 04:00 PM ---

:clap::clap::clap: Thank u.....

I still hold out hope that the light bulb will turn with Bruce. I am also looking forward to the draft though. We are a lot better than we're playing but maybe the players are now looking forward to healing and watching the draft too. All we can hope is that the players realize their playing for their jobs and win out.

Cricker24
12-11-2009, 09:11 PM
i'm sure this was already said, but i'm too frustrated to look through the threads. is it me or is this season like 2006 all over again, except in reverse? that year the Steelers started out 2-6, which included a loss to the Raiders, and then finished 6-2. this year the Steelers started 6-2 and at best will finish 2-6, including a loss to the Raiders. could it be that the Cowher retiring theory was wrong and the reason the Steelers didn't play well in 2006 is because they have no drive/heart once winning a championship the previous season? Tomlin isn't retiring, so what's the excuse this year? and don't say because Polamalu has been hurt most of the season. that's crap!! Polamalu being hurt last night has nothing to do with the Steelers scoring 6 stinkin' points against the Browns!!

this team is perhaps the most underachieving team in the last 15 years in the NFL, and i'm being generous. it is the most underachieving team in Steelers history, in my opinion.

ok, like the Steelers this season, i'm done.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris P.

ShellShock
12-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Last in all tie breakers

STEELER 4 LIFE
12-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Okay, I'll explain this only once, so please listen closely and try to follow along.

1- Jacksonville's plane must crash into the ocean on their way to New England. Everyone must survive the plane crash but end up with pneumonia from the friged waters. Three of their starters must have their toes chewed off by sharks.

2- Ray Lewis must finally admit that he actually DID kill somebody. The Ratbirds will be so distracted on the field from everyone watching their own back that the opposing teams will rush for 1832 yards in each of their four remaining games.

4- Miami, following in Denver's footsteps, must have a whole week of snow non-stop.

6- Dan Rooney must renounce his Irish heritage and demand to be made the new ambassador to Cleveland.

7- And finally.... Bruce Arians must be tied to a stake in the south endzone and lit on fire.

Then, and ONLY then, will the Steelers still have a snowballs chance in Hell to reach the playoffs this year. But we've still got our fingers crossed! :crossfingers:

:lol::lol::lol: I'm personally hoping for #7 :crossfingers:

NOVA STEELERS
12-11-2009, 11:33 PM

FOR CRAP SAKES LLOYD :evilshake:

Zachintosh66
12-11-2009, 11:36 PM
I would pay good money for #7

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 11:45 PM
I would pay good money for #7

I got the stakes and gasoline, but does **** burn??!!!

Woodson_DownUnder
12-12-2009, 12:09 AM

Communication in the damn Lockeroom! That's how! I have no doubt that there are 'factions' that are tearing our team apart. The play-calling is one massive disturbing factor but the reality is that without playing the Steelers style of smash mouth and some play-action to keep Big Ben pass happy, then maybe... Troy may return in a nick of time (yeah right!) but I'm not going to fool myself. Just best to hope this catastrophe can be a blessing for REAL changes and maybe, just maybe.. a quick return to the glory days! :yesnod:

LatrobePA
12-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Smash mouth football is gone in SteelTown! It's more like slap mouth, or flick mouth football! We need to get it back and it starts with the OC.....

NCSteeler
12-12-2009, 12:26 AM
With the way the Packers have been slinging the ball. I expect they will hang 30 or more points on this terrible secondary.

Moondog
12-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Smash mouth football is gone in SteelTown! It's more like slap mouth, or flick mouth football! We need to get it back and it starts with the OC.....

....or more like run mouth football ala Tomlin
.....or Hines
.....or Ben back at Hines

Woodson_DownUnder
12-12-2009, 12:39 AM
....or more like run mouth football ala Tomlin
.....or Hines
.....or Ben back at Hines

Obviously Mike Tomlin is in denial that he has lost the players.. just a matter of time before Hines Ward speaks out to say how it is. I'll take Hines word over the fabricated 'company line' story that comes from the Steelers hierarchy.

Zachintosh66
12-12-2009, 02:48 AM

its called furry handcuff football... b/c were getting f*cked by defense's and QB's

damn near a gang rape

DanRooney
12-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Are you people retarded?

steelersgal86
12-12-2009, 08:18 AM

:rofl: #7 :crossfingers:

Stairwayto7
12-12-2009, 08:34 AM
#7 you get the rope, I`ll light.............

WoodsonsGirl
12-13-2009, 09:01 AM
FOR CRAP SAKES LLOYD :evilshake:

For crap sakes Nova! :lol: Are you making fun of me? :spank: