PDA

View Full Version : Run, Run, Pass?

Stairwayto7
12-11-2009, 11:34 AM
I know we`ve all complained about this, but how come we started out run, run , pass yesterday? We had the wind to our back in the 1st Qtr. Thats when you have to throw. The first two series, run, run pass, 3 and out. We changed things up a little in the second half, once the wind was in our face?????!!!!! Sweet Mother @#$%^&*(. Ive been ill after games, but never 5 weeks straight. Not as defending Super Bowl Champs. We have too many Pro Bowl Caliber players to throw it all away.

For what its worth, Arians has to go!

igor0190
12-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Pass on 3rd and 1 may I add... :cursin::cursin::cursin:

Stairwayto7
12-11-2009, 11:45 AM

And to add to that, from the shotgun, with a 3 step drop from there???????????????
For a yard?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

jackhammer1
12-11-2009, 12:09 PM
When they did that twice last night and Ben was sacked both times I knew the season was over. Who are these guys and what did they do with my Steelers?

SteelerSal
12-11-2009, 12:32 PM
The empty backfield set has been a disaster from game one.....needs to be scrapped from the playbook.

Stairwayto7
12-11-2009, 12:35 PM
The empty backfield set has been a disaster from game one.....needs to be scrapped from the playbook.

AMEN Sal,AMEN to that!

coldrolled
12-11-2009, 12:38 PM

By Brian Carson

Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians has taken a decades-old Steelers tradition of power football and turned it on its head. The results have not been to the liking of the Steeler Nation.

Take last night, for instance.

At game time, you had blustery weather conditions with the temp at 14 degrees. The wind chill made it feel like minus-12. The last thing you want to do is pass a lot in that situation, especially when facing the wind.

What did Arians do?

You guessed right. He threw it, and threw it, and threw it some more.

Roethlisberger launched 32 passes, despite the sacks, while Rashard Mendenhall touched the rock only 16 times for 53 yards against the 29th-ranked run defense in the league.

What was Arians thinking?

It's hard to believe this was the same team that was 6-2 only five weeks ago.

The offense couldn't score against the worst defense in the NFL. The special teams gave up another big return, and the defense, despite giving up only 13 points, couldn't force a turnover when they needed one or make a tackle when it had to.

:banging:

Stairwayto7
12-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Brian Carson - is dead on - he is preaching to the choir - but dead on!

SteelerSal
12-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Brian Carson - is dead on - he is preaching to the choir - but dead on!

All the fan's and media see it....to bad the ones that can make the change, don't.

playboy pryor
12-11-2009, 01:13 PM
i'm tired of seeing shotgun formations on 3rd & 1. I can't wait to see what happens in the offseason. Its strange, how did we win the Superbowl last year with Bruce Arians calling the plays. what happen ? why is the playcalling so bad now! that game to me- looked like the steelers were ready to pack it in to get some heat. They didn't won't to be out in the cold last night, maybe thats why we had so many mental breakdowns on pass protections plays! ( plus the playcalling )

Big T
12-11-2009, 01:26 PM
i'm tired of seeing shotgun formations on 3rd & 1. I can't wait to see what happens in the offseason. Its strange, how did we win the Superbowl last year with Bruce Arians calling the plays. what happen ? why is the playcalling so bad now! that game to me- looked like the steelers were ready to pack it in to get some heat. They didn't won't to be out in the cold last night, maybe thats why we had so many mental breakdowns on pass protections plays! ( plus the playcalling )

It's not just going shotgun on 3rd & 1....it's going empty set...so stupid

Goodfrom55
12-11-2009, 02:20 PM
When they did that twice last night and Ben was sacked both times I knew the season was over. Who are these guys and what did they do with my Steelers?

Forgive me for saying this but I give credit where ciredit is due . . . Kudos to Rob Ryan for calling a defensive gem and for getting his 1-11 defense up for their mini-superbowl. he showed me something last night and during the whipping the Steelers received, I was impressed with the way Ryan called the "D" for Clevaland.

Blazedby92
12-11-2009, 02:49 PM
When we did try and convert a 2nd and 1 with a run a certain RB runs into the pile with his back turned as he always does cause he can't lead with his shoulders and freakin always trys to spin so that's why I think they have no coinfidence in the smashmouth football north and south. Don't get me wrong fire arians is part of it but we don't have any RB's that can pound the rock only run around everybody.:banging:

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Forgive me for saying this but I give credit where ciredit is due . . . Kudos to Rob Ryan for calling a defensive gem and for getting his 1-11 defense up for their mini-superbowl. he showed me something last night and during the whipping the Steelers received, I was impressed with the way Ryan called the "D" for Clevaland.

I agree with you man! He took the pages right from Philly's playbook last year!

coldrolled
12-11-2009, 03:01 PM
I agree with you man! He took the pages right from Philly's playbook last year!

thats when i started on the fire bruce tangent. that was after the 10-6 browns game.

thats what good play calling does. ryan did good.

we never counter the attack.

Stairwayto7
12-11-2009, 03:12 PM

FAIR ENOUGH, BUT our receivers seemed very lax. They weren`t coming back for the ball, they were just running routes, and thats it. Everything seemed so slow motion!

SteelCityKid5
12-11-2009, 03:24 PM
I honestly can't see Arians back next year. Bouchette said the FO isnt happy with some of the coaches and that moves will be made in the offseason. I'm guessing thats Arians. Well, I'm hoping. I dont hate the guy as a person but man I do hate him as a play caller.

coldrolled
12-11-2009, 03:29 PM
I honestly can't see Arians back next year. Bouchette said the FO isnt happy with some of the coaches and that moves will be made in the offseason. I'm guessing thats Arians. Well, I'm hoping. I dont hate the guy as a person but man I do hate him as a play caller.

Cleveland booted his butt out. I still dont get why we picked him up??

What was the positive on that call.

Weis at least has a OC record with 3 SB wins....

Arians had what a busted up first round QB in Couch for the record.. Wow..

Then he throws Ben head first into the line after a concussion... this madness goes on and on.

Goodfrom55
12-11-2009, 03:47 PM
FAIR ENOUGH, BUT our receivers seemed very lax. They weren`t coming back for the ball, they were just running routes, and thats it. Everything seemed so slow motion!

You're absolutely correct about the WR's! With the exception of the final drive for the Steelers, the Brownswere in man under 2- deep and the WR's on the Steelers couldn't beat man coverage. shame on them. I give Hines somewhat of a pass because he was playing on a limp leg, but Holmes, Wallace, Miller, who was matched up on LB's most of the night, no excuse. The team quit and that makes me want to puke!

HUNT4SEVEN
12-11-2009, 05:02 PM
It reminded me of the Bill Coward days:lol: But if it gets rid of BA i'm all for it, if we have to deal with one more year of BA:thinking: do i really wanna think about that?:eek1:

Goodfrom55
12-11-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm a Ron Earhardt playbook guy, which is power running, play action and the screen game. This wide open style, doesn't work for me. it might be a fantasy football wet dream, but it doesn't always translate to winning. Last night, 1st and 10 4 yard run, 2nd and 6, 4 yard run, 3rd and 2, shotgun, SACK! Why? If I were Cleveland, I would have run wildcat until Cribbs needed a break or until the Steelers stopped it - which they couldn't.

SteelerSal
12-11-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm a Ron Earhardt playbook guy, which is power running, play action and the screen game. This wide open style, doesn't work for me. it might be a fantasy football wet dream, but it doesn't always translate to winning. Last night, 1st and 10 4 yard run, 2nd and 6, 4 yard run, 3rd and 2, shotgun, SACK! Why? If I were Cleveland, I would have run wildcat until Cribbs needed a break or until the Steelers stopped it - which they couldn't.

:clap::yellowthumb:

Stlrs4Life
12-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Was thinking the same, Menenhall was running 3-4 yds per play also.

coldking
12-12-2009, 07:55 AM
When we did try and convert a 2nd and 1 with a run a certain RB runs into the pile with his back turned as he always does cause he can't lead with his shoulders and freakin always trys to spin so that's why I think they have no coinfidence in the smashmouth football north and south. Don't get me wrong fire arians is part of it but we don't have any RB's that can pound the rock only run around everybody.:banging:

We need to get a good fullback so he has some one to lead him.

coldrolled
12-12-2009, 08:22 AM
We need to get a good fullback so he has some one to lead him.

With Arians as OC we dont use a FB... Forget it....

When Arians leaves.. We will have Davis and Summers. Im sure someone will know what to do with them. Im still looking for Cinci to drop Vakapuna to the PS before the playoffs.

PsychoWard
12-12-2009, 01:41 PM
I started this same exact thread about last weeks game! lol can you tell we are related?

STEELER 4 LIFE
12-12-2009, 10:35 PM

I know !!! still trying to figure that one out.:thinking:

STEELER 4 LIFE
12-12-2009, 11:03 PM

:cope::yellowthumb: AMEN :yellowthumb::cope:

--- Added 12/12/2009 at 10:03 PM ---

I would love to see us get a big bruiser to go along with Mendy