PDA

View Full Version : Sinking Further Down In Standings

BlackGold4vr
12-11-2009, 10:11 AM
There are currently 6 teams with a 5-7 record. 5 of them could move ahead of us with a win this Sunday by reason of a better conference record. Is there a chance that this team beats Green Bay in Green Bay? We couldn't score a touchdown on Cleveland.

Panthers - Conf Record 5-4, @ N.E
Texans - Conf Record 4-6, play Seattle at home
49ers - Conf Record 4-4, play Ariz at home
Seahawks - Conf Record 4-6, @ Houston
Bears - Conf Record 3-6, play GB at home, beat us head-to-head

Currently we would draft 15th before the rest of this weekends games are played. We will move up in that regard this weekend depending on how many of these teams win. I can see us moving into the top 10 by seasons end. I think we will have a shot at 9th overall pick if we lose out which will likely happen whether our team is trying or not! If we secure the 9th overall pick our draft would look something like this:

1-9
2-41
3-73
4-109
5-145
6-181
7-217

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 10:16 AM
This season is a wrap put a fork in it! I could see us going 6-10

Blazedby92
12-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Time to replenish the ranks, ladies and gentlemen. Looking forward to the Draft, we need a break down of what we need in the draft and what free agents we MIGHT pick up or let go.
Where is K Train?

coldrolled
12-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Time to replenish the ranks, ladies and gentlemen. Looking forward to the Draft, we need a break down of what we need in the draft and what free agents we MIGHT pick up or let go.
Where is K Train?

Three games to go...

Let Dixon, Sweed and Redman play....

Start there....

BlackGold4vr
12-11-2009, 10:34 AM
If we draft 9th this brings players like Brandon Spikes (ILB), Trent Williams (OT), Eric Berry (S), and Gerald McCoy (DT) into play for us.

jpele
12-11-2009, 10:48 AM
If we draft 9th this brings players like Brandon Spikes (ILB), Trent Williams (OT), Eric Berry (S), and Gerald McCoy (DT) into play for us.

Only problem is we always take BPA instead of need. The good part there should be a few very good players at the spot.

I don't have a problem with BPA because it works out for us.

JensK
12-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Only problem is we always take BPA instead of need. The good part there should be a few very good players at the spot.

I don't have a problem with BPA because it works out for us.

Either of those guys would probably be BPA

BlackGold4vr
12-11-2009, 12:32 PM

The thing about BPA is that it is open to interpretation. All 32 teams draft boards will be different according to their own scouts talent evaluations and needs. Guys who could be high on someone elses boards may have been completely ruled out on your own board for various reasons. Example.....I don't see us taking a QB on the first day of the draft regardless of which high profile QB might fall to us. Don't think a RB would be conssidered either.

It is a toss-up between the O-line and the secondary which unit is the worst on the team. D-line is also a growing need but I would place it behind the O-line and the secondary. We also need linebacker help. Good thing we just resigned James Farrior now that we see his skills rapidly diminishing in front of our eyes. 8 sacks against the Browns.......the leagues worst team.

If I had to rank our needs they would be in this order.

1. OL (We need a real LT. Starks is just too slow. We also need a center.)
2. Secondary (Ours is the worst in the league IMO {without Troy})
3. DL (Need a NT. Hampton is getting old)
4. LB (Farrior's skills have fallen sharply)

Big T
12-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Taking Brandon Spikes in the top 10 would kind of **** me off...don't get me wrong, he's a great player( hell Im a Florida gators fan) but that would be a bit of a reach....If we were to take a MLB there I would much rather it be Rolando McClain who is by far the best MLB in this draft...I would absolutely love for them to trade up a few spots and snag Eric Berry...but really it all depends on whether or not we resign Casey Hampton...if we do then those other players would be good picks...if we don't, we will hve to look at NT and probably take Terrence Cody

Tr305
12-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Yes its scary dat in december we arent talkin bout playoffs instead we looking forward to the draft... we will take this though and come back harder next year draft well and hopefully take a dip into free agents. I agree eric berry would be a good addition but we need to go oline and lb

Clevelandsux
12-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Anyone still talking playoff sceneros need to put down the crackpipes. This team is finished. They won't win another game. They packed it in weeks ago.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Anyone still talking playoff sceneros need to put down the crackpipes. This team is finished. They won't win another game. They packed it in weeks ago.

5 weeks ago to exact:yellowthumb:

Dee Mca
12-11-2009, 05:24 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers select:
Ndamukong Suh DT, Nebraska

BlackGold4vr
12-11-2009, 05:45 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers select:
Ndamukong Suh DT, Nebraska

I would be okay with that pick but Suh will NEVER make it to the 9th spot. He is easily one of the top 3 players coming out this year and a top 5 pick for sure.

Big T
12-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Unless we trade up, there is no way we land Ndamukong Suh. Same for Eric Berry.

Stlrs4Life
12-11-2009, 08:05 PM
6-10 makes me want to spew!