PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night Games

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-11-2009, 08:28 AM
I know I'm going to get blasted for saying this but, Thursday night games are garbage. I understand that both teams are under the same circumstances, but having to play a team on 3 days rest throws a lot out the window. It basically comes down to luck and who didn't get beat up the most the previous week. I liken it to playing a team in a down pour. I know the NFL wants to have more games on more days towards the end of the season, but this is crap. These Thursday games (and Saturday games for the most part) fudge up the season. Anyway, feel free to disagree, but that's my two cents.

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm not a fan of them either. For Pittsburg this was a good thing, having a short week after getting beat by Oakland a chance to get out there and fix things. Just didn't happen, Cleveland with 5 starters down had no problems with the short time to prepare.

Phenomenal TJ
12-11-2009, 08:45 AM
I don't like them either.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2009, 08:45 AM
I personally hate Thursday night games and I hate games overseas; it's not fair to either team but specifically on Thursday night games it's not fair to the traveling team. The NFL is so hell bent on playing games every night of the week that sooner or later we'll end up turning into the other major sports where we play every friggin night.

You can't possibly heal up and prepare for a team in a day or 2; the travel time alone is a pain in the butt.

igor0190
12-11-2009, 08:59 AM
The announcers are absolutely horrid too!
Constant verbal diahrea coming out of there mouths. Nothing informative to say. Repeat the same things over. Announce the score and players wrong several times. The guys doing Thursdays are clueless at best.

75Steeler
12-11-2009, 12:28 PM
I agree Thursday night games are crap. The teams who play in them shouldn't be scheduled for a game the Sunday before their Thursday night game. There is no way they have time to prepare or rest from the previous game. As for the Steelers loss it is what it is. I can't believe this is happening. It is like a bad dream that you can't wake up from.

Stairwayto7
12-11-2009, 12:30 PM
I hate em, but we lost to the 1-11 brownies, the chiefs and the raiders, we are sucking on all cylinders right now, everyday of the week.

TampaSteelGirl
12-11-2009, 01:09 PM
I hate them too!! Browns didn't seem to have a hard time getting back into it after playing a sunday game....

Blazedby92
12-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Constant verbal diahrea coming out of there mouths. Nothing informative to say. Repeat the same things over. Announce the score and players wrong several times. The guys doing Thursdays are clueless at best.

It's Matt Millen come on this is the guy that had evaluated talent for the lions for a few years he knows what he is talking about.:hilarious::lol:

Stairwayto7
12-11-2009, 03:14 PM

NFL Network has the worst announcers, commentators and staff. Even Rod Woodson is very boring!

Steel Trap86
12-11-2009, 03:29 PM
I know I'm going to get blasted for saying this but, Thursday night games are garbage. I understand that both teams are under the same circumstances, but having to play a team on 3 days rest throws a lot out the window. It basically comes down to luck and who didn't get beat up the most the previous week. I liken it to playing a team in a down pour. I know the NFL wants to have more games on more days towards the end of the season, but this is crap. These Thursday games (and Saturday games for the most part) fudge up the season. Anyway, feel free to disagree, but that's my two cents.

I agree with this, every Thursday night game I've seen has been garbage.

Moondog
12-11-2009, 07:58 PM
I know...I know I said I would no longer respond to your posts but I'm thinking maybe I've been too quick to judge you especially after reading some of Dawg's posts...now he's a definite tool. Anyhow I guess I don't mind a thursday night game as long as the Steelers win it! :lol:

Stlrs4Life
12-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Good point flacco, but no excuse, we didn't do anything last night.

scott0326
12-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I've always been against them, it has nothing to do with last nights outcome. Three days can screw a team if there was a minor injury.

And the NFL network announcers are the worst on earth. Jesus, there terrible.