PDA

View Full Version : Be honest with yourself as an objective and intelligent fan

NYCsteelersfan
12-11-2009, 01:36 AM
You know exactly why Tomlin got hired. You know exactly why we were good and won the Superbowl last year. And you all know what we need to do to be good again. Let's just hope it happens next season :tt02:

Tr305
12-11-2009, 01:58 AM
it sad cuz i know we are way better then what we have been playing:banging:

scott0326
12-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Horrible, horrible season.

Phenomenal TJ
12-11-2009, 07:44 AM
Sh!t happens.

You can either get over it, or dwell in it. And be honest, who wants to dwell in sh!t?

igor0190
12-11-2009, 09:03 AM
You know exactly why Tomlin got hired. You know exactly why we were good and won the Superbowl last year. And you all know what we need to do to be good again. Let's just hope it happens next season :tt02:

Exactly... some of these people posting negatively in these other threads are just out to lunch. We won the SB last year. We have an exceptional team that greatly underachieved this year probably for a number of reasons. But we still have a good core of guys and that included Mike Tomlin.... We will just have to wait and see if he can right the ship, because this season was truly pathetic. I would suggest start with letting go Bruce Arians for sure.

coldrolled
12-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Exactly... some of these people posting negatively in these other threads are just out to lunch. We won the SB last year. We have an exceptional team that greatly underachieved this year probably for a number of reasons. But we still have a good core of guys and that included Mike Tomlin.... We will just have to wait and see if he can right the ship, because this season was truly pathetic. I would suggest start with letting go Bruce Arians for sure.

The Arians offense created this season... He needs to go today!!!

Lets start fresh next Sunday.....

No reason to wait till next year..

jpele
12-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Firing is a good start,but will do nothing to fix the defense or special teams.

Our receivers were embarrassing last night,they couldn't get separation from the worse defense in the NFL. Our o'line couldn't protect Ben or open a hole for the running backs.

Homles, Ward, Mendenhall and Miller all tried their best to imitate Sweed.

Woodley showed up for one series to make up for a stupid facemask penalty,other than that our defense was invisible.

We got Anthony Madison back,now you know why he was let go in the first place. On the other hand Arnold Harrison made the same number of plays (except Arnolds counter for something)

Phenomenal TJ
12-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Yeah, it's not Arians fault that the defense forgot how to tackle and that the special teams apparently just goes out there to get warmed up.

NYCsteelersfan
12-11-2009, 11:45 AM

Sorry, but I actually think the entire coaching staff is a joke, including the guy at the top.

Stairwayto7
12-11-2009, 11:51 AM
I like Tomlin, but Arians has to go, and as much as I like Lebeau, we must start looking for his replacement as well, because of his age.

On defense we got old quickly, Hampton, and Farrior need replaced. We weed two corners, Ike is even sad. We also need a replacement for Clark. We have ZERO depth on defense.
On Offense, The Line, lets start there. The pass that Mendenhal dropped, was in excusable, but Moore should have been in there anyway, he was the passing down, 3rd down back all year, where was he when we needed him?

NYCsteelersfan
12-11-2009, 12:00 PM
I like Tomlin, but Arians has to go, and as much as I like Lebeau, we must start looking for his replacement as well, because of his age.

On defense we got old quickly, Hampton, and Farrior need replaced. We weed two corners, Ike is even sad. We also need a replacement for Clark. We have ZERO depth on defense.
On Offense, The Line, lets start there. The pass that Mendenhal dropped, was in excusable, but Moore should have been in there anyway, he was the passing down, 3rd down back all year, where was he when we needed him?

We lost Smith and Polamalu and the head coach has the disciplinary skills of Marvin Lewis, except he yaps a tough game before doing nothing while Lewis at least simply says nothing and does nothing.

I'll give Lebeau a pass until next season.

SteelerSal
12-11-2009, 12:05 PM

Got old fast? This defense has been old and lack of drafting decent back-ups for futre replacement has caught up to us.

Carter 10th year
Clark- 8th year
Eason-7th year
Farrior 13th year
Hampton 9th year
Hoke 9th
Keisel 8th
Kirshke 13th
Harrison 6th------over 30 years old
Troy- 7th
Ike- 7th
Smith- 11th
Townsend- 13th

No quality, proven backups that we can say that we can replace these guys right now if we had to.

Stairwayto7
12-11-2009, 12:05 PM
We lost Smith and Polamalu and the head coach has the disciplinary skills of Marvin Lewis, except he yaps a tough game before doing nothing while Lewis at least simply says nothing and does nothing.

I'll give Lebeau a pass until next season.

Agreed, but Smith another player getting older, and now he will be coming back from injury. Hood better be ready next season, hell Hood should start now, why not?

NYCsteelersfan
12-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Agreed, but Smith another player getting older, and now he will be coming back from injury. Hood better be ready next season, hell Hood should start now, why not?

I wouldn't argue with that, but then I would still give Lebeau another season to put some stuff together with some replacements.

75Steeler
12-11-2009, 12:08 PM
I think we will see about 40% of this team changed next year. BA will be out of a job. I just hope Ben doesn't get all pissed off because BA is his boy. I wonder if Lebeau will retire before he falls from grace?

coldrolled
12-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I think we will see about 40% of this team changed next year. BA will be out of a job. I just hope Ben doesn't get all pissed off because BA is his boy. I wonder if Lebeau will retire before he falls from grace?

Do you really think ben likes bruce???? why??

He has to say he loves all the coaches.. for team support.

deep down...

in each game bruce sends in these plays and ben, a football player.. thinks in the back of his mind, manning and brady wouldnt be running this play now???

how much nonsense can you take in a year before everyone mentally gives up..

ben seems to have thrown in the towel 5 weeks ago....

Stairwayto7
12-11-2009, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't argue with that, but then I would still give Lebeau another season to put some stuff together with some replacements.

My original quote was to start looking, I`m hoping that we don`t have to hire. I`m hoping that he is already working with someone!

Goodfrom55
12-11-2009, 02:25 PM
This is why I have a huge problem with the team this year. I can handle losing a game of you do your best but your best just isn't good enough. The Steelers this year, are beating themselves, on offense and defense. Offensively, they are not putting teams away and defensively, they are letting teams hang around and build confidence.

Changes at this point are inevitable.

K Train
12-11-2009, 03:01 PM
lol at the title...you apparently have never met some people that post here