PDA

View Full Version : At least this frees up the rest of your December, eh?

DanRooney
12-11-2009, 01:36 AM
http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=8417

These comments are on the fly, quick-hitters. No sentence structure, no spell check. Deal with it.

1. It’s better to lose like this (we had weeks to prepare ourselves emotionally) then to miss the playoffs by losing a game in Week 16.

2. If you hate Arians and you want him fired…this might just do the trick. I don’t HATE Arians but I think the Steelers can do a lot better and I think the offense has more playmakers than most teams. This team should be killing people on offense, not struggling to put up points or having red zone issues or letting bad teams stick around.

3. A good offense blows KC, Oakland, and Cleveland out of the water in the 1st half. Blow a team out and take away their will….and it doesn’t matter if your defense stinks or not.

4. Not good for Tomlin. He’s coming off a Super Bowl win but his “Unleashing Hell” speech and coachspeak over the past few weeks has no doubt raised a few questions about him and his ability to adjust/make things happen on gameday.

5. Did this team quit on any of their coaches?

6. Special Teams coach—gone.

7. Logan has 2 great Kick Return games and you yank him off the KR team? ohhh kaaayyy

8. Nobody criticizes the blockers on the Punt Return team, why not? We must lead the NFL in fair catches. Logan, Holmes, Moore…nobody can make plays with the 10 guys blocking in front of them.

9. Hines Ward shouldn’t have played tonight if he was not capable of separating from DBs. He was a complete non-factor and was locked up 1-on-1 all game long.

10. Cleveland completes 6 passes for 90 yards and Bruce Arians + Steelers offense can’t match their output on the scoreboard?

11. Steelers played with no energy or emotion. They didn’t care tonight.

12. Ryan Clark was seen as a vital signing this offseason….now I’m leaning towards letting him go.

13. Farrior got real old real fast. He lost a step or 4 in the offseason.

14. Cleveland’s DBs jammed the Steeler WRs at the line of scrimmage. Nice to see a defense that doesn’t give up a 10 yard cushion on every snap.

15. Big Ben is WAY too experienced to take this many sacks. Throw the ball away, dump it off, toss it out of bounds, run for the 1st down….whatever….just don’t take 8 sacks.

16. Bruce Arians crapped on the “Wildcat” about 5 times this season and during training camp. Our team struggles in the redzone and can use all the offensive help/trickery they can get. Why not have a Wildcat package?

17. Matt Spaeth get zero snaps tonight?

18. Easiest schedule in the NFL this year wasn’t so easy was it? Remember that next time the NFL schedules are released and we start handing out Ws and Ls.

19. Steelers wasted an amazing opportunity this year. Super Bowl champs get handed
the easiest schedule in the NFL. Most top players are back with the team. This is a wasted year as our defense got even OLDER and even more guys will leave via free agency. This team was built for a repeat and screwed it up big time. This time next season Farrior is even older, Ward is older/slower, Parker is gone, Clark is gone, Hampton may be gone, Townsend is done, Harrison is a year older, etc…… What a waste of a talented group of guys.

20. If Polamalu and Smith are this valuable to our defense then the defense wasn’t built properly or with enough depth. Football is the ultimate team game….if you can’t overcome injury then you drafted poorly, didn’t sign good Free Agents, or did a bad job coaching up your players.

21. This team shouldn’t beat Green Bay and will probably lose to Baltimore and/or Miami. Should get a nice draft pick out of this….unless it’s a Cornerback….because the Steelers don’t know how to scout or draft CBs.

22. As Lance Williams aka Big Swa said on his podcast this past week, this is what the Steelers deserved. They played like crap for 5 weeks and their record reflects that. You get what you deserve.

23. The outcome of these past 2 or 3 games shouldn’t come as any surprise. The Steelers really are this bad right now. Hard to imagine, but it’s true. You’re not “unlucky” or cursed when you lose to awful teams like KC, OAK, CLE in the same season.

24. Steelers coulda/shoulda/deserved to lose to Tennessee and Minnesota. Their record could easily be 4-9 right now. Yikes. They could also be 11-2 right now if they had won all their close games. Take those two extremes into consideration and the Steelers record 6-7 is a VERY accurate reflection of how good they are this year.

25. You think the Colts or Saints put up 6 points vs Cleveland?

26. Not one time all year did you get the feeling that the Steelers Offensive or Defensive coaching staff schemed/coached the team to a W.

27. Big Ben holds onto the ball too long because he isn’t great at reading defenses. Either his first 2 reads are wide open, or he starts to move in the pocket and begins to improvise. He doesn’t read defenses or coverage very well. This also shows up in his checkdowns and passes to the RB. He never knows if the RB is going to be available based on the coverage….he only realizes a checkdown is available if the RB is wide open in front of him after scrambling around the pocket for a while. (which is also why the checkdown guys never catch the ball in stride, they’re always stationary with their hands waiving in the air)

28. No need for Polamalu to return this year.

29. Get Ziggy Hood, Limas Sweed, Burnett, Keenan Lewis, and the others into the games from here on out. Start preparing for next year.

30. The Steelers won’t play another meaningful football game for 9 months. Good god that’s a long time.

31. Props to Dutch for the heads up on this stat…..Not a single turnover forced against Kansas City, Cleveland, Oakland, Chicago, or Cincinnati (twice). Impossible.

32. 3 games left in the season and the Steelers are already out of the playoffs. When was the last time this happened? What a weird feeling.

33. If the Steelers hadn’t won the SB last year I would be crushed right now. I’m surprisingly calm and “OK” with this debacle. These past 5 weeks I found myself smiling and laughing and shaking my head in amazement….but not really getting angry, frustrated, or pissed off. This doesn’t hurt anywhere nearly as badly as a playoff loss or an AFC Championship disappointment. I guess the season was “lost” before I really got to get emotionally involved enough to get devastatingly upset.

34. A bit of good news…..despite being rocked by injuries, the Pens are 1 point out of 1st place in the entire league.

scott0326
12-11-2009, 02:09 AM
This team has played pathetic the past 5 games, inexcusable, better luck next year.

Moondog
12-11-2009, 02:43 AM
Great post, good points.

Steel Trap86
12-11-2009, 04:10 AM
Winning the Superbowl in 05 & 08 was an amazing achievement, but we have yet to defend it like champions. To win it all last season and come out and bomb the next one just looks unorganized, unprofessional and almost like you got lucky. Coming off a loss to the Raiders, Ben was sacked 5 times in the first half alone, 8 SACKS on the night against the ****ing BROWNS. Farriors blown tackle on Cribbs was a ****ing embarrassment to last years defense and this years whole team, and I couldn't believe what I saw after Jennings ran Woodley right over to get the first down. This team did not want to win tonight.
Arians SUCKS, that O-Line is an eye sore to even look at right now and at this point I just hope this team can show me one solid win before the season is over.

K Train
12-11-2009, 04:27 AM
good stuff...i do not believe tomlin is the fraud you make him out to be, but i have recently developed a hate for arians that i didnt used to have

Phenomenal TJ
12-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Nice.

Let's go Lakers!

playboy pryor
12-11-2009, 08:02 AM
http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=8417

These comments are on the fly, quick-hitters. No sentence structure, no spell check. Deal with it.

1. It’s better to lose like this (we had weeks to prepare ourselves emotionally) then to miss the playoffs by losing a game in Week 16.

2. If you hate Arians and you want him fired…this might just do the trick. I don’t HATE Arians but I think the Steelers can do a lot better and I think the offense has more playmakers than most teams. This team should be killing people on offense, not struggling to put up points or having red zone issues or letting bad teams stick around.

3. A good offense blows KC, Oakland, and Cleveland out of the water in the 1st half. Blow a team out and take away their will….and it doesn’t matter if your defense stinks or not.

4. Not good for Tomlin. He’s coming off a Super Bowl win but his “Unleashing Hell” speech and coachspeak over the past few weeks has no doubt raised a few questions about him and his ability to adjust/make things happen on gameday.

5. Did this team quit on any of their coaches?

6. Special Teams coach—gone.

7. Logan has 2 great Kick Return games and you yank him off the KR team? ohhh kaaayyy

8. Nobody criticizes the blockers on the Punt Return team, why not? We must lead the NFL in fair catches. Logan, Holmes, Moore…nobody can make plays with the 10 guys blocking in front of them.

9. Hines Ward shouldn’t have played tonight if he was not capable of separating from DBs. He was a complete non-factor and was locked up 1-on-1 all game long.

10. Cleveland completes 6 passes for 90 yards and Bruce Arians + Steelers offense can’t match their output on the scoreboard?

11. Steelers played with no energy or emotion. They didn’t care tonight.

12. Ryan Clark was seen as a vital signing this offseason….now I’m leaning towards letting him go.

13. Farrior got real old real fast. He lost a step or 4 in the offseason.

14. Cleveland’s DBs jammed the Steeler WRs at the line of scrimmage. Nice to see a defense that doesn’t give up a 10 yard cushion on every snap.

15. Big Ben is WAY too experienced to take this many sacks. Throw the ball away, dump it off, toss it out of bounds, run for the 1st down….whatever….just don’t take 8 sacks.

16. Bruce Arians crapped on the “Wildcat” about 5 times this season and during training camp. Our team struggles in the redzone and can use all the offensive help/trickery they can get. Why not have a Wildcat package?

17. Matt Spaeth get zero snaps tonight?

18. Easiest schedule in the NFL this year wasn’t so easy was it? Remember that next time the NFL schedules are released and we start handing out Ws and Ls.

19. Steelers wasted an amazing opportunity this year. Super Bowl champs get handed
the easiest schedule in the NFL. Most top players are back with the team. This is a wasted year as our defense got even OLDER and even more guys will leave via free agency. This team was built for a repeat and screwed it up big time. This time next season Farrior is even older, Ward is older/slower, Parker is gone, Clark is gone, Hampton may be gone, Townsend is done, Harrison is a year older, etc…… What a waste of a talented group of guys.

20. If Polamalu and Smith are this valuable to our defense then the defense wasn’t built properly or with enough depth. Football is the ultimate team game….if you can’t overcome injury then you drafted poorly, didn’t sign good Free Agents, or did a bad job coaching up your players.

21. This team shouldn’t beat Green Bay and will probably lose to Baltimore and/or Miami. Should get a nice draft pick out of this….unless it’s a Cornerback….because the Steelers don’t know how to scout or draft CBs.

22. As Lance Williams aka Big Swa said on his podcast this past week, this is what the Steelers deserved. They played like crap for 5 weeks and their record reflects that. You get what you deserve.

23. The outcome of these past 2 or 3 games shouldn’t come as any surprise. The Steelers really are this bad right now. Hard to imagine, but it’s true. You’re not “unlucky” or cursed when you lose to awful teams like KC, OAK, CLE in the same season.

24. Steelers coulda/shoulda/deserved to lose to Tennessee and Minnesota. Their record could easily be 4-9 right now. Yikes. They could also be 11-2 right now if they had won all their close games. Take those two extremes into consideration and the Steelers record 6-7 is a VERY accurate reflection of how good they are this year.

25. You think the Colts or Saints put up 6 points vs Cleveland?

26. Not one time all year did you get the feeling that the Steelers Offensive or Defensive coaching staff schemed/coached the team to a W.

27. Big Ben holds onto the ball too long because he isn’t great at reading defenses. Either his first 2 reads are wide open, or he starts to move in the pocket and begins to improvise. He doesn’t read defenses or coverage very well. This also shows up in his checkdowns and passes to the RB. He never knows if the RB is going to be available based on the coverage….he only realizes a checkdown is available if the RB is wide open in front of him after scrambling around the pocket for a while. (which is also why the checkdown guys never catch the ball in stride, they’re always stationary with their hands waiving in the air)

28. No need for Polamalu to return this year.

29. Get Ziggy Hood, Limas Sweed, Burnett, Keenan Lewis, and the others into the games from here on out. Start preparing for next year.

30. The Steelers won’t play another meaningful football game for 9 months. Good god that’s a long time.

31. Props to Dutch for the heads up on this stat…..Not a single turnover forced against Kansas City, Cleveland, Oakland, Chicago, or Cincinnati (twice). Impossible.

32. 3 games left in the season and the Steelers are already out of the playoffs. When was the last time this happened? What a weird feeling.

33. If the Steelers hadn’t won the SB last year I would be crushed right now. I’m surprisingly calm and “OK” with this debacle. These past 5 weeks I found myself smiling and laughing and shaking my head in amazement….but not really getting angry, frustrated, or pissed off. This doesn’t hurt anywhere nearly as badly as a playoff loss or an AFC Championship disappointment. I guess the season was “lost” before I really got to get emotionally involved enough to get devastatingly upset.

34. A bit of good news…..despite being rocked by injuries, the Pens are 1 point out of 1st place in the entire league.

you need to coach right about now! :willybs:

DIESELMAN
12-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Good post......this season can be summed as "****ing pathetic".

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Very nicely done, pretty much right on. I don't think Tomlin is a fraud just yet, but it's clear he was in over his head this year and that he needs to view this season as a learning experience. Talk is cheap unless you can back it up, and give him credit for believing that the talk he gave the media was meant to fire up the team because he believed they would respond. It's quite clear they did not respond and for future reference you don't say anything to the media like that.

Play calling, yeah there's no need to even go there. If Tomlin can't see that Arians needs to go, then clearly he has less of a clue about this year than even I thought.

igor0190
12-11-2009, 09:37 AM
-If you hate Arians and you want him fired…this might just do the trick[/B]. This offense has more playmakers than most teams. This team should be killing people on offense, not struggling to put up points or having red zone issues or letting bad teams stick around. A good offense blows KC, Oakland, and Cleveland out of the water in the 1st half. Blow a team out and take away their will….and it doesn’t matter if your defense stinks or not.

-Nobody criticizes the blockers on the Punt Return team. Logan has 2 great Kick Return games and you yank him off the KR team? Special Teams coach—gone.

-Ryan Clark was seen as a vital signing this offseason…. now I’m leaning towards letting him go.

-Ben hasn't been reading defenses or coverage very well. This also shows up in his checkdowns and passes to the RB. He never knows if the RB is going to be available based on the coverage….he only realizes a checkdown is available if the RB is wide open in front of him after scrambling around the pocket for a while. (which is also why the checkdown guys never catch the ball in stride, they’re always stationary with their hands waiving in the air)

These points really hit home... We could definately use a screen pass, some more slant passes, and high percentage plays on offence. None of the plays call ever seem to develop quickly and the checkdown is never used and Ben gets sacked. Ryan Clark was awful this game. When he was asked to turn the play inside he attacked like a little girl and didn't squeeze it at all. Arians HAS to go!

coldrolled
12-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Fire Arians!!!!!!

First Point... then start from there.. Before we kill the wrong people.

Hes a disease on this whole team....

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 09:50 AM
I won't call Tomlin a bust, but I have been wondering about him, save face now and cut BA lose. Should of left his *** in Cleveland!

coldrolled
12-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Fire Bruce Now!!!!!

Then play the last three games and see how we do.

Bring in Dixon and Redman and Sweed.

steel-tex
12-11-2009, 11:55 AM
THINK I WILL BE HUNTIN BAMBIE ALITTLE MORE - T-VO THE GAME FOR LATER !!

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 12:03 PM
THINK I WILL BE HUNTIN BAMBIE ALITTLE MORE - T-VO THE GAME FOR LATER !!

I'm with you, I haven't missed a game in years...

lloydfan4life
12-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Good post, Gravity. :yellowthumb:

Not a whole lot more to say. :evilshake:

It's going to be a looooong freakin' off-season.

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Good post, Gravity. :yellowthumb:

Not a whole lot more to say. :evilshake:

It's going to be a looooong freakin' off-season.

GO PENS!!

Captcoolhand
12-11-2009, 12:25 PM
GO PENS!!
they suck too!:evilshake:

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 12:27 PM
they suck too!:evilshake:

Easy, they'll make a run, they don't have BA calling the plays...

75Steeler
12-11-2009, 12:54 PM
I think Tomlin is just as disappointed as we are. Our players have given up on this season. I also think several of the players know that their contracts are up and their hearts aren't in this team or this season. BA needs to go, no argument there. Tomlin needs to do some house cleaning during the off season and build his own team. Maybe once that is done we can get down to business of winning football games again.

Troyisabeast_43
12-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Ed Bouchette was quoted as saying he has never seen a new coach take over since Tomlin did in 2007 and there have been absolutely no changes in any of the staff what so ever. Clearly this is going to come to an end once this season ends in 3 weeks time. I think Arians and Legushitsky are definitely gone...

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Ed Bouchette was quoted as saying he has never seen a new coach take over since Tomlin did in 2007 and there have been absolutely no changes in any of the staff what so ever. Clearly this is going to come to an end once this season ends in 3 weeks time. I think Arians and Legushitsky are definitely gone...

Do it now!!