PDA

View Full Version : A handful of Steelers actually did show up for this game

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Ward battled through a hamstring and still had some good plays, and atleast showed he's got enough heart to not give up.

Woodley was all over the field again, proving he's got what it takes to make a difference even if most of his defensive team mates forgot what was on the line.

Holmes, yeah he dropped a couple but still was the bright spot with 6 catches for 93 yds. Heath Miller also made some key conversion even with getting his head nearly torn off on several occasions when he caught the ball.

Other than that, yeah that's about it. So for the rest of the Steelers, you should be ashamed and disgusted at yourselves for even stepping foot on the field tonight after that performance.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Agree with your picks ,but they definitely needed more help from their teammates. Got to give the brownies some credit they were ready for this game, at least they knew the magnitude of it....

jtretz
12-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Only an amazing coaching staff that the Steelers have can F**k up a team up like they have.

One for the thumb
12-11-2009, 12:58 AM
YOu know what.. You are right... Was Harrison even in?

BlackGold4vr
12-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Realistically, we may not win another game this year. If we lose out we may actually wind up drafting in the top 10. That is the only positive that can come of this. Draft position and the off-season purge of players and assistant coaches. Sometimes it takes a bad year like this to rebuild and I believe that is where we are at.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2009, 01:02 AM
I guess you can say Reed showed up too, kicking 2 good FG's in the face of all that swirling wind to atleast give us a chance to tie things up at the end, so give him credit too. Its pretty sorry when you can count the positive players on 1 hand after a game like that.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-11-2009, 01:03 AM
Realistically, we may not win another game this year. If we lose out we may actually wind up drafting in the top 10. That is the only positive that can come of this. Draft position and the off-season purge of players and assistant coaches. Sometimes it takes a bad year like this to rebuild and I believe that is where we are at.

And as long as Tomlin cleans house i'm ok with losing this year

floodcitygirl
12-11-2009, 01:09 AM
Thanks for coming up with something positive to think about tonight.:yesnod:

Zachintosh66
12-11-2009, 01:23 AM
Yes, Thank you Woodley!

OC Steel Curtain
12-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Game left me feeling disrespected.

gbdsteelers
12-11-2009, 02:11 AM
FOR A TEAM WITH THEIR SEASON ON THE LINE__ NO FIGHT ,NO EMOTIONS NO SENSE OF URGENCY. WE FLAT OUT GOT OUR *** HANDED TO US BY THE BROWNS. BET IN ALL THREE PHASES AND DEFINITELY OUT COACHED.

Phenomenal TJ
12-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Ward battled through a hamstring and still had some good plays, and atleast showed he's got enough heart to not give up.

Woodley was all over the field again, proving he's got what it takes to make a difference even if most of his defensive team mates forgot what was on the line.

Holmes, yeah he dropped a couple but still was the bright spot with 6 catches for 93 yds. Heath Miller also made some key conversion even with getting his head nearly torn off on several occasions when he caught the ball.

Other than that, yeah that's about it. So for the rest of the Steelers, you should be ashamed and disgusted at yourselves for even stepping foot on the field tonight after that performance.

Speaking of Hines Ward, did anyone else notice something missing from his game tonight?

The smile.

It wasn't there. Every time we got a close up of him he looked like he was hurting. But more importantly he looked worried. He took a shot or two and still kept fighting though. Props to him.

Woodley's giving the finger to everyone criticizing him for his start to the season. There was at least one series where he was directly responsible for every stop. It was the series that he got called for the facemask.

Holmes dropped two for sure that he should've had. The first one's not going to go down on record as a drop because he never touched it but it went straight through his open arms. Thought he had that for sure. On the field goal before halftime, Miller slipped and Roethlisberger made a hurried throw. Ben should've lead Miller to his right (Ben's left and prayed that Heath tucks it in.

Eric Berry. :crossfingers:

I guess you can say Reed showed up too, kicking 2 good FG's in the face of all that swirling wind to atleast give us a chance to tie things up at the end, so give him credit too. Its pretty sorry when you can count the positive players on 1 hand after a game like that.

Yeah, Reed hit two that kept us in it for awhile but I still want him gone.

YOu know what.. You are right... Was Harrison even in?

Sure, he made that Howie Long-esque play that forced Joe Thomas to take the holding call. Other than that, uh, I'm not sure.

And as long as Tomlin cleans house i'm ok with losing this year

http://upnextinsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/sports-pictures-mike-tomlin-hugh-laurie.jpg

Sorry, had to.

FOR A TEAM WITH THEIR SEASON ON THE LINE__ NO FIGHT ,NO EMOTIONS NO SENSE OF URGENCY. WE FLAT OUT GOT OUR *** HANDED TO US BY THE BROWNS. BET IN ALL THREE PHASES AND DEFINITELY OUT COACHED.

The team played with no heart whatsoever.

steelersgal86
12-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Speaking of Hines Ward, did anyone else notice something missing from his game tonight?

The smile.

It wasn't there. Every time we got a close up of him he looked like he was hurting. But more importantly he looked worried. He took a shot or two and still kept fighting though. Props to him.

yup...how could you miss it...there was no smile..but he did keep on going...:clap:

Goodfrom55
12-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Decisions can't be made in haste, but if it were my call, I would fire Arians, Ligashesky and the line coach Zierlin (spelling?). The offense goes as the line goes and last night was bar none the worst performance by an O-line since the Eagles game last year. They made the Browns look like the '85 Bears. I honestly don't know his name, but I would also fire the secondary coach. I would leave it up to LeBeau to come back or retire. if he retired, I would promote Keith Butler to DC.

There are glaring issues that can't be ignored and they must be addressed by Tomlin, no matter how hard a decision might be. This team is good, but to often they play down to or up to the level of their opponent. That cannot be allowed to go on.

Moving forward, Steelers play 3 hopeful playoff teams; I hope they play spoiler at the very least and go 3-0. I cannot nor will I ever root for a team to lose out the rest of the season.

K Train
12-11-2009, 04:18 PM
ward was a non factor....they were able to one on one him and win every time....he should not have played but he had to after bitching ben out in front of the world...being a hard *** doesnt help the team win if youre ineffective

Clevelandsux
12-11-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm not sure the Steelers can beat anyone right now.

I still luv um, but I am really eating crow right now. This is utter embarrassment. It's been a longtime since I've been so dissapointed with the Steelers. They had so much expectations going into the season. I never thought they would fall so far so fast.

I'm just hoping the Steelers brass will address our problems.