PDA

View Full Version : Great changes Tomlin!

jtretz
12-11-2009, 12:34 AM
I am done for this year!!! I have been a Steelers fan since they drafted Jack Lambert and have gone through good times and bad times. This is the only year I can say that I am f***ing sick from watching them blow this year. I've seen the Steelers lose before but we had sub-par players. We put together a great team and it has been completely f***ked up by horrible coaching. Tomlin is brutal. Where were the f***ing changes. Why can't he get the team motivated for a important win. Arians is the biggest piece of **** O.C. i've ever seen. Tomlin still f***ing sticks with his horrible play calling that my local high school defensive coach could stop!! If we had a halfway decent O.C. we would have at least 10 wins. All those people out their that back Tomlin and Arians are *##**%!#%&*$#@:cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin:

steelersbabex25
12-11-2009, 12:38 AM
What I was thinking too. I can't be sure about how Tomlin is in the locker room, but on the field the guy sure doesn't show a lot of emotion.

Big T
12-11-2009, 12:59 AM
Joe Burnett played more than he had all year, santonio returned punts, mewelde was on kicks...those are changes people...no they didn't work out too well but those are changes....

Like I've said in every other thread...this game is on the O Line, Ben, and BA...not Tomlin....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Oh there were definitely some changes, but if Tomlin actually thought that those few minor changes were going to do anything then he really has no clue. I mean seriously, if you're gonna change then really change, these little band aid changes of a player here and there make no difference, you might as well have just left the starters in there.

Zachintosh66
12-11-2009, 01:34 AM
i think this weeks changes were:

everyone had to wear the ski-hoods under their helmet.

stLlRfn14
12-11-2009, 05:29 AM
I saw a few changes, but the change i wanted to see along with everyone else was a win. Tomlin, i believe, has overstayed his welcome here. I know, I know, he won a super bowl last year. Well look at it this way, if harrison doesn't get the interception or if holmes doesnt catch the td then we probably would have lost. And now with the easiest schedule in the NFL and we, the defending superbowl champs!, most likely wont even win 9 games?? Here are a few reasons why we wont:

1. Ben's lack of play recently.
- Now i know what everyone is saying, "He got a concussion." Well yes he did, but his play was mediocre at best before that. His deep ball keeps getting weaker and yet they still try it. Just run slants and short out routes they always seem to work with Ben, except for tonight. His throws were all over the place, and when we needed a TD at the end of the first half, Ben pussies out and throws to heath at the 3 yard line and he gets tackled immediately. Im done with Ben, all year he hasn't played like a $100 million QB, heck even last year. Got lucky by getting a bye and our defense being sick. See what happens to us with no defense?!

2. Tomlins Motivation or lack there of?
- I dont know what is going on here. First of all who gave him the go ahead to say we are going to unleash hell in December?? If your going to say that, step up to the plate and back that **** up. Oh and look like you actually do something while at the game also. Maybe take responsibility and call some plays or interact with players more on the sideline. If i were management and the owner i would Fire him because he is an observer to the Dick Lebeou show here in PGH. Easiest schedule in the NFL and we are 6-7. In my opinion that is BS and ownership can not stand for it, especially after winning the superbowl.

3 Bruce Arians? or Bruce Airhead?
- This guy left me scratching my head more than a few 100 times these past 5 or 6 weeks because of his play calling. You and Tomlin are fails and we need to clean house and make major changes because in this city we dont accept this ****:cursin:

4. Secondary?
- No Polamalu? fine but where did our corners and tyrone carter go in the pass game tonight? Heck even for the entire season. Teams throw on us all day long because they can.

Sorry im just very angry having watch the 5 sorriest performances by my favorite team since a was born, and i needed to vent. I just think that if u cant take the same team that went to the superbowl last year and win at least ten games then you should be fired. And not just the head coach, arians and our spec teams coach. But anyway that was my :2cents: Oh and we better draft a corner in the first round and an off tackle in the second and more off linemen in the later rounds. Ok peace

K Train
12-11-2009, 05:39 AM
wasnt changes that needed to be made roster wise...playcalling and execution needs to change

jpele
12-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Tomlin said there would be changes;

Althought Logan is a poor excuse for a KR, he's still the best we have, yet he was replaced by Moore

Tomlin said Lewis and Burnett would start.Lewis was inactive and Burnett played in 2 series. Thankfully Quinn was playing QB or this change would have been a nighmare

Logan who has to be the worst PR in the NFL split time with Holmes great change.

Tomlin promised change in situational football. On a bitter cold night Mendhenhall had 8 carries in the first half. I guess that meant when the situation called for running the ball we would pass ???

One thing that didn't change was the steady decline of a very talented team. People can cry about injuries but the Browns (already the worst team in the NFL,until last night) played missing 5 starters on their defense and their best running back out iif the game and won.

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm done getting all fired up out here, so I'll keep it simple...

I agree 100% with you, our play calling has been bad for the last couple years and this year is caught up with us! BA needs to be let go B4 the next game, you got 10 days, make the best of it!

Our defense starting going downhill in the SB last year, thank goodness Ben led that ending drive..

All in all Cleveland played one hell of a game! Did Pittsburg belong in the PO's this year, hell no!!

Miller83
12-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Other than Woodley, Holmes, Mendenhall, maybe Miller, they are a bunch of quitters who have no heart. Ward and Big Ben need benched the rest of the year as far as Im concerned. I am and always will be a die-hard fan; Steelers football is my religion. This is hard and sickening to watch your team just give up like that. :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2009, 09:42 AM
wasnt changes that needed to be made roster wise...playcalling and execution needs to change

That's been the obvious undertone all year long; yeah there are players that are stinking up the joint like Gay as a prime example, and the DB's in general but overall the personnel changes weren't going to save this season. I've been saying that forever, our depth is not that good to just plug in something else. Tomlin refuses to make the play calling changes needed and the players are unable to execute for whatever reason.

Captcoolhand
12-11-2009, 09:51 AM
That's been the obvious undertone all year long; yeah there are players that are stinking up the joint like Gay as a prime example, and the DB's in general but overall the personnel changes weren't going to save this season. I've been saying that forever, our depth is not that good to just plug in something else. Tomlin refuses to make the play calling changes needed and the players are unable to execute for whatever reason.
you ever think Tomlin doesn't make the changes because he don't know what the f*ck he's doing?
Him and Ben both look like they are totally lost out there these past 5-6 weeks.....

Ben looks like he has a major issue on his mind and its not football......

Oh well, they would be better off not winning another game this season. :willybs:

jpele
12-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Perhaps the offensive line was trying to make changes in the play calling. If we allow Ben to get sacked 5 times in the first half they finally try to run the ball. Good effort guys, but BA still didn't see the writing on the wall.

igor0190
12-11-2009, 09:57 AM
First 3 plays of the game set the tone... Run, Run... leaves us with 3rd and 1. PASS! Are you kidding me BA? What the hell is wrong with this guy? Something is not right up top.

jpele
12-11-2009, 10:08 AM
First 3 plays of the game set the tone... Run, Run... leaves us with 3rd and 1. PASS! Are you kidding me BA? What the hell is wrong with this guy? Something is not right up top.

Yea that. Run 5 yrd....run 4 yrd...then pass????

Mike Tomlin
12-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Yes Arians needs to go but it's not just playcalling that allowing us to lose games. The players are not taking advantage of the oppurtunity. I can't count how many open receivers Ben misses a game. Now people will say oh he didn't have time, you all know the truth. If Ben just throws the ball instead of that using pumpfake ALL the time he would constantly move the chains. No ones fooled by that anymore and that gives the rush more time to get to him and the secondary more time to cover. He's not making his reads quick enough in 5 wide sets or any set to scare anybody in this league, that's why everyones bringing.the house at him. It's not all his fault , but the D still held that game for Ben to take it and he didn't.

As far as the changes go, what would you like him do put in some guys that hadn't played all year and get burned for 40? This is the NFL you can't start guys you been using for crash dummies all year and expect to get a better result.

coldrolled
12-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Fire Bruce Arians!!!!

then lets talk about our team and its players...

Summers and Sweed are probably Pro Bowl players, but Arians couldnt make them
look like Pop Warner Stars...

What offensive player has shined since Bruce has been here???

Wallace? Because he is fast.... Bruce couldn't teach that.....

What a waste of a year..... Wow...

steel-tex
12-11-2009, 11:22 AM
The coaches have to put the players in the right position to succeed-a bunch of you guys are callin out the d - if your on the field all the time your going to get tired - (4th quarter problems) now the d played ok last night - the o couldnt follow a screwed up game plan - bruce is a joke - dick has done great with the guys he has that are not hurt - remember there were three picks in 3 games dropped in the fourth quarter that should of sealed a win - that ain't dicks fault - the players were in position to make the play just didn't --- i call training camp the issue here - Tomlin should have the d backs catching passes until they learn how - to many issues to much talk - im really bummed ...

jpele
12-11-2009, 11:40 AM
if your on the field all the time your going to get tired

Our TOP is one minute more than it was last year. Why weren't they tired them ? Of course TOP may have changed after last night.

Why don't anyone want to blame even part of this on the defense ? We played Cleveland,we gave them their first rushing TD of the year.

We made Bruce Gradkowski look like Joe Montana. 308 yards passing,who are his receivers?

We let K.C. put up 27 points on us even though our offense held the ball for 44 minutes.

beaver688
12-11-2009, 02:05 PM
One more time tomlin is no head coach.

TampaSteelGirl
12-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Joe Burnett played more than he had all year, santonio returned punts, mewelde was on kicks...those are changes people...no they didn't work out too well but those are changes....

Like I've said in every other thread...this game is on the O Line, Ben, and BA...not Tomlin....

Yep I agree here but not sure what's up with the Defense and it's a damn shame everyone puts such pressure on Troy...we'll see next week if and when Troy is back we win again....I will continue to cheer them on, I said last night I was done but I refuse to be a fairweather fan. I got tickets to go to the Miami game and I'm going to cheer them on till the very last game!!!! Won't make the playoffs and that's fine but I have to continue being a fan even when we play THIS bad!!!! :tt02:

Goodfrom55
12-11-2009, 03:17 PM

Agreed, but don't let the front 7 off the hook. Giving up 175 yards rushing to a team that averages 98 rushing yards per game is inexcuseable.

The team was not prepared to play last night. In that regard, I hold Tomlin accountable.

dawgs
12-11-2009, 04:05 PM
I am done for this year!!! I have been a Steelers fan since they drafted Jack Lambert and have gone through good times and bad times.:

O god, I feel so bad for you. lol. You guys just won a superbowl for what the 6th time and you are giving up? lol.

I made the comment sometime back that if you switched the teams around so the Browns had 6th ships and steelers had 0 would you still have a great fan base like the Browns? Reading this I got my answer.

I also made the comment that this is tomlins first season as a head coach. Because he has been riding dicks defense. Now he has to coach and he sucks at it. I know all about coaches who suck. butch davis, palmer, crennel, maybe mangini.

TampaSteelGirl
12-11-2009, 04:31 PM
O god, I feel so bad for you. lol. You guys just won a superbowl for what the 6th time and you are giving up? lol.

I made the comment sometime back that if you switched the teams around so the Browns had 6th ships and steelers had 0 would you still have a great fan base like the Browns? Reading this I got my answer.

I also made the comment that this is tomlins first season as a head coach. Because he has been riding dicks defense. Now he has to coach and he sucks at it. I know all about coaches who suck. butch davis, palmer, crennel, maybe mangini.

NO offense Dawgs...but who the F asked you? This would not be a good time to F with Steeler fans....be a classy non Steeler fan like Flacco please!
We have EVERY right to bitch about our team....they look like hell.....it's not like we are the Browns who suck every year, we are an elite football team playing bad and the fans are not happy about it....We have been blessed to have amazing coaches in our organization and next year we WILL pound your asses like we have done every year in the past....40-0 blow outs...sad to see the only way the Browns can ever beat the Steelers is at our worse because you will never beat us at our best and to me that's what really counts!!! ......we won't stay down like this forever!! :tt02:

Troyisabeast_43
12-11-2009, 05:03 PM

To say it's not on Tomlin at all is ridiculous. He is the man in charge of this football team and he failed miserably to prepare his football team the last 5 games in which 3 of those games were cupcakes against 3 of the worst teams in football the Chiefs,Raiders,and Browns. Tomlin is going to find out what unleashing hell is all about from the Steelers Nation pretty damn quick if he doesnt right this ship and get this team back on the winning track come next season and beyond...He gets a pass this year coming off the Super Bowl win but come next season and moving forward that Super Bowl will eventually be a distant memory and the fans arent going to have Tomlin in their kingdom forever...Keep in mind this is 2 out of 3 seasons that Tomlin has been here that his Steelers teams have fallen apart and collapsed in late November and December. Even though they made the playoffs in 2007 and won the division they still didnot finish strong and play well down the stretch.

If this happens next season and continues to be a pattern with Tomlin late in the year then we got a serious serious problem on our hands. We are going to see I believe next season how good of a coach Mike Tomlin really is or if he is just a fraud that was handed a Super Bowl Championship caliber team that was left by Bill Cowher when he retired. Time will tell but it's not going to take us long I dont believe to find out our answer to this question...

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 05:35 PM
NO offense Dawgs...but who the F asked you? This would not be a good time to F with Steeler fans....be a classy non Steeler fan like Flacco please!
We have EVERY right to bitch about our team....they look like hell.....it's not like we are the Browns who suck every year, we are an elite football team playing bad and the fans are not happy about it....We have been blessed to have amazing coaches in our organization and next year we WILL pound your asses like we have done every year in the past....40-0 blow outs...sad to see the only way the Browns can ever beat the Steelers is at our worse because you will never beat us at our best and to me that's what really counts!!! ......we won't stay down like this forever!! :tt02:

Ignore him, I read online they are planning a parade for Quinn and the team this weekend, afterwards dawgs is having a party in his mouth and they'll be.......

Moondog
12-11-2009, 08:34 PM

Maybe something would change if the Cleveland fans held their team to a higher standard instead of letting the Brown's management feed them **** for what...10 years now?
Cleveland is reveling because they beat a team they haven't beat for count em'...six years. It's pathetic, congratulations on your 2-11 record, enjoy your win but keep things in perspective.

Edit: I was at work last night in Ohio mind you and all I saw was Steeler gear, then after the game they all started to climb out of the wood work like weasels when the coast is clear. The Browns fans were too afraid to wear their colors out of fear of losing...yeah great fanbase.

dawgs
12-12-2009, 05:50 PM

Nope. You guys dish out way more then I do. Pay backs suck. Feels good. We may suck every year, but this sucky team, spanked your sucky team around that field. 8 sacks :bunny:

I'm just having a good time. There's people in here I got alot of respect for, But You gotta learn how to take the trash talk without getting all mad. Losing sucks.

It looks like alot of losing could be in your teams future. So if you guys need any advice on how to handle a suck *** team let me know.

--- Added 12/12/2009 at 03:50 PM ---

Maybe something would change if the Cleveland fans held their team to a higher standard instead of letting the Brown's management feed them **** for what...10 years now?
Cleveland is reveling because they beat a team they haven't beat for count em'...six years. It's pathetic, congratulations on your 2-11 record, enjoy your win but keep things in perspective.

Edit: I was at work last night in Ohio mind you and all I saw was Steeler gear, then after the game they all started to climb out of the wood work like weasels when the coast is clear. The Browns fans were too afraid to wear their colors out of fear of losing...yeah great fanbase.

Ya you could say anything dude. show me proof. I went to a couple parties yesterday ( exams over). Went all over the place. I saw a combined 2 people with steelers gear. a fat wiger in a taco bell and he got made fun of. Then I saw my buddies dad, But he's a transplant from Pittsburgh. He does not know who wears # 43 so yaaaa.

SouthCentral
12-12-2009, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=dawgs;323976]but this sucky team, spanked your sucky team around that field. QUOTE]

i dont know if one touchdown qualifies as "spanked." but we did make you guys look like a "real" football team for one game. congrats on the win but lets not blow this out of proportion.