PDA

View Full Version : Steelers allow Cribbs to do it again

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2009, 12:23 AM
How much more evidence do you possibly need to NOT kick it to this guy, to realize that when he's in the game at QB or RB that he's GOING to get the ball. He was a killer once again for us, and Tomlin allowing DSep to punt to him or Reed to KO to him is absolutely inexcusable.

There are no words that he can possibly say that can justify letting him take over the game like that; right from the start they kick to him and it's downhill from there. Allowing any player to have over 200 yds against you other than a QB is complete and utter failure.

Prosdo
12-11-2009, 12:24 AM
What upset me is it was the same play over and over. Running to the left.

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Coaching right there.....You're just asking for it!!

steelersbabex25
12-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Bouncing it outside everytime..and everyone just seemed to run right by him..no attempt at a tackle until he got to Ryan Clark or Ike Taylor.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-11-2009, 12:32 AM
they had the line men out there like freakin 18 wheelers leading the way.... their lineman were hitting everything in sight. excellent blocking on their part but it sure was disgusting to watch how effective it was.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2009, 12:41 AM
I can sit here and say, I am still in shock after writing this thread and reading all the replies in all the threads so far. To watch this team continuously allow Cribbs to convert big plays, get big returns, and just generally make you look stupid is a disgrace. We couldn't tackle, we couldn't chase him down, we couldn't get him out of bounds before he made the sticks, it was just flat out ugly.

Credit Cribbs all you want, he showed up tonight and the Browns wanted this more than we did. We couldn't handle the adversity and they could.

NCSteeler
12-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Tomlin and Leabeau both said they had to stop Cribbs, yet they had no answers for him. Hell kick it out of bounds

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Like the sub par announcers said during the game,"it looked like Cleveland was the team fighting for their playoff life" a pathetic lifeless performance by the STEELERS !!

floodcitygirl
12-11-2009, 12:51 AM
a pathetic lifeless performance by the STEELERS !!That pretty much says it.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Like the sub par announcers said during the game,"it looked like Cleveland was the team fighting for their playoff life" a pathetic lifeless performance by the STEELERS !!

Cribbs said after the game, they came into this game knowing they had to put it all out on the line and find a way to win for themselves and their fans. They knew they wanted this game bad, they just had to show it. I think it's pretty evident they showed it tonight and he was the key factor for them in this game.

scott0326
12-11-2009, 03:12 AM
Its unbelievable that they cant stop Cribbs when you have to know he is going to run the ball.

Phenomenal TJ
12-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Bouncing it outside everytime..and everyone just seemed to run right by him..no attempt at a tackle until he got to Ryan Clark or Ike Taylor.

To be completely fair, James Farrior tried to tackle him...and failed...and tried to tackle him again...and failed.

Clark had a nice shot on him on the sidelines though.

Richmond Rukus
12-11-2009, 09:23 AM
How much more evidence do you possibly need to NOT kick it to this guy, to realize that when he's in the game at QB or RB that he's GOING to get the ball. He was a killer once again for us, and Tomlin allowing DSep to punt to him or Reed to KO to him is absolutely inexcusable.

There are no words that he can possibly say that can justify letting him take over the game like that; right from the start they kick to him and it's downhill from there. Allowing any player to have over 200 yds against you other than a QB is complete and utter failure.

Basically, we had to stop 1 player in this game, and we couldn't. Pathetic. I couldn't agree more that kicking the ball to him was utterly moronic.

jpele
12-11-2009, 09:45 AM
I think I understand their logic : Cribbs is the man to stop, so make sure he has the ball then everyone knows who to go after.

It's like thinking,we know we can run on the Browns so lets not try.

coldrolled
12-11-2009, 10:40 AM
I think I understand their logic : Cribbs is the man to stop, so make sure he has the ball then everyone knows who to go after.

It's like thinking,we know we can run on the Browns so lets not try.

So what?? Cribbs is good.. the Browns scored 13 points.... wow!!!

Fire Arians... we scored 6

We should score 44 on a team this bad...

Fire Arians!!!!!!!

Phenomenal TJ
12-11-2009, 11:27 AM
So what?? Cribbs is good.. the Browns scored 13 points.... wow!!!

Fire Arians... we scored 6

We should score 44 on a team this bad...

Fire Arians!!!!!!!

Judging by your logic there, we should fire Dick LeBeau as well.

After all, a team that bad shouldn't score at all on us. A team that bad should be throwing us picks left and right and coughing it up every time they're hit. A team that bad should be getting sacked on every other play.

coldrolled
12-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Judging by your logic there, we should fire Dick LeBeau as well.

After all, a team that bad shouldn't score at all on us. A team that bad should be throwing us picks left and right and coughing it up every time they're hit. A team that bad should be getting sacked on every other play.

Logic???

New Orleans 33 Washington 30

New Orleans is 12-0

if we scored 30+ a game we would be 12-0

Logic!!!

steel-tex
12-11-2009, 12:06 PM
guys the only player that could stop cribbs was our PUNTER - he saved the touchdown - outstanding tackle on cribbs - the browns threw the ball 19 times completed 6 - everyone knew what was going to happen and the d stopped it enough for 13 points -- the o failed large -- if you can't score 14 points against the browns there is a big problem there, not the d the o and bruce !!!!!

jpele
12-11-2009, 12:18 PM
guys the only player that could stop cribbs was our PUNTER - he saved the touchdown - outstanding tackle on cribbs - the browns threw the ball 19 times completed 6 - everyone knew what was going to happen and the d stopped it enough for 13 points -- the o failed large -- if you can't score 14 points against the browns there is a big problem there, not the d the o and bruce !!!!!

The offense fail big last night,but how about against the Chiefs we scored 24,against the Raiders we scored 24.

I guess the good news is ,we didn't blow a fourth quarter lead.

Stealherfan
12-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Why has the offense gone away from the running game? The Browns game was ideal for a running game, and we were out played, out ran, and the less physical team on the football field.
I though I would never say that when we were playing against the Browns...

dawgs
12-11-2009, 03:59 PM
What upset me is it was the same play over and over. Running to the left.

Cribbs ran to the right once and picked up 20+ yards lol. He is a BEAST. Probowl for sure.

steel-tex
12-11-2009, 05:31 PM
special teams counted for some points in the kc game, wasn't all on the d - d just gave up some points of late. were used to them shuttin teams down - troy and a. smith being out makes our great d just a good d - s.t. counted for 3 loses i think - plus d backs with stone hands 2 loses - like i said before - brady and manning don't worry about how many points the d gives up - they just score more ...

--- Added 12/11/2009 at 03:31 PM ---

Cribbs ran to the right once and picked up 20+ yards lol. He is a BEAST. Probowl for sure.

yep - threw james farrior around and off like a rag doll - at least your o.c. gives him the chance to perform the way he can - more than one time a game - our o.c. limits our o to unimaginative - robotic - same **** over and over again - play callin. if this was not true ben would not have been sacked 8 times...

dawgs
12-12-2009, 05:31 PM

was that a tackle? lol, he was draged 5 yards.

--- Added 12/12/2009 at 03:31 PM ---

- at least your o.c. gives him the chance to perform the way he can.

Our OC is worthless. He is alittle lower then trash. The worse play caller in the NFL by far. On 3rd down with 5 Plus yards to go, He likes to run it up the middle. Yaaaa.

I hope Quinn can get on the phone with weis in the off-season.

TEEMONT
12-12-2009, 05:31 PM

5 yards? really? seriously?

dawgs
12-12-2009, 05:33 PM
5 yards? really? seriously?

What more? At least 5 yards.

Zachintosh66
12-12-2009, 05:38 PM
At least D-Sep made an attempt at a tackle... cough jeff reed cough

TEEMONT
12-12-2009, 05:43 PM
What more? At least 5 yards.

lol..not when D Sep tackled him....maybe almost everyone else...but D Seps tackle was pretty legit.

dawgs
12-12-2009, 06:14 PM
lol..not when D Sep tackled him....maybe almost everyone else...but D Seps tackle was pretty legit.

I just watched it again, sep got good angle jumped on back and cribbs was high stepping carried him 5 yards.

Stairwayto7
12-12-2009, 06:21 PM

--- Added 12/12/2009 at 03:31 PM ---

Our OC is worthless. He is alittle lower then trash. The worse play caller in the NFL by far. On 3rd down with 5 Plus yards to go, He likes to run it up the middle. Yaaaa.

I hope Quinn can get on the phone with weis in the off-season.

Quinn sucks, no kidding! He did nothing, even Thursday. All the big plays were Mr.All World Cribbs. Besides after all the spy gate, Weis cannot work with Mangini, unless your thinking that Mangine will be replaced after one season? Then maybe. But Mangini was the rat in the whole spygate thing, and a rat is a rat!

--- Added 12/12/2009 at 04:19 PM ---

ProBowler? He should make the All Pro Team, pro bowl should be a shoe in! Hell we made him a pro bowler!

--- Added 12/12/2009 at 04:21 PM ---

It was an awkward tackle, but from a guy with no leg pads, no real face mask, and hard a real shoe, he got the job done.

Phenomenal TJ
12-14-2009, 01:22 AM
That's because Danny S is the man.