PDA

View Full Version : If there was ever an embarassing moment..

steelersbabex25
12-10-2009, 11:17 PM
this is it. Good season. Except not so much. :banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2009, 11:19 PM
So where is the talent, the will to keep trying, the will that says we're the defending super bowl champs and we won't go quietly we will fight! Well tonight ladies and gentlemen, you saw your Pittsburgh Steelers do the best impression of a team that has no clue whatsoever.

LarryNJ
12-10-2009, 11:19 PM
We have hit an all time low...it's so sad that you almost have to laugh..

steelersbabex25
12-10-2009, 11:21 PM
oh I laughed. I'm kind of going insane..been a long time since we've seen a win. What got me was Mike Tomlin didn't even look upset. He had a look of "oh well." It's times like that you miss Cowher..he would whip the team into shape.

LatrobePA
12-10-2009, 11:22 PM
LMAO! What a joke!! 8 sacks, no offense....Play calling was at its worse I've ever seen. How do you let the Browns CRUSH you???

All I can do is laugh and burn my TV and radios becasue I don't ever want to re-live this LOW moment!!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2009, 11:22 PM
So where is the talent, the will to keep trying, the will that says we're the defending super bowl champs and we won't go quietly we will fight! Well tonight ladies and gentlemen, you saw your Pittsburgh Steelers do the best impression of a team that has no clue whatsoever.

Reflects coaching.........I'm disgusted with our two time Super Bowl winning QB to tonight...He was a joke.....Our WR's were not to much better....Letting a bunch of bums to blanket them all night.......All the sacks wasn't the fault of the OL but all the talk of how much they have improved is wrong....They let another inferior front 7 dominate them.....**** Troy right now....I don't care how great he is but he is useless if he is hurt all the time.....The rest of the defense can go to hell to except for Woodley....Woodley actually played an ok game.........

LatrobePA
12-10-2009, 11:23 PM
oh I laughed. I'm kind of going insane..been a long time since we've seen a win. What got me was Mike Tomlin didn't even look upset. He had a look of "oh well." It's times like that you miss Cowher..he would whip the team into shape.

I won't bash Tomlin, but I agree with you, nuff said!

Clean house, we need a new OC, someone that is creative not STUPID!!

You all will flame me, but Dixon should of seen some playing time, wide open running lanes for the QB!!

steelersbabex25
12-10-2009, 11:24 PM
I thought Ben was getting a little confused on who he was supposed to throw to. Someone should let him know the object is to get it to the guys with the same jerseys as you.

darnik44
12-10-2009, 11:28 PM

The talent is still there. What's missing is the leadership and common sense of the coaching staff to utilize their talent.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Did they even realize what was on the line tonight?? They played pathetically,pure and simple. THe Oline sucked BIG time,they were man handled all night long and when thy did provide protection the brownies Db all looked like they were All Pro. Gotta to give credit to their defensive coordinator he called a great game. He knew what we awere going to do and schemed it perfectly.....disgusting performance,one of the most shameful in a long time....

Zachintosh66
12-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Im speechless...

Talk is cheap Tomlin! Man up...

pathetic... no will, no want, no emotion.

EMBARRASSING!

LarryNJ
12-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Deion..who I'm not a fan of...just said it best "This is the 1st Steeler team that I don't know who they are"

LatrobePA
12-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Did they even realize what was on the line tonight?? They played pathetically,pure and simple. THe Oline sucked BIG time,they were man handled all night long and when thy did provide protection the brownies Db all looked like they were All Pro. Gotta to give credit to their defensive coordinator he called a great game. He knew what we awere going to do and schemed it perfectly.....disgusting performance,one of the most shameful in a long time....

With BA calling the plays, sure he knew what to expect!

darnik44
12-10-2009, 11:32 PM

The line did play bad, but more than that the play calling hurt them. They were running 5 receiver routes on long developing plays all night leaving Roethlisberger vulnerable. What happened to all the quick hitting plays out of the bunch formation? Why still no no-huddle?

steelersbabex25
12-10-2009, 11:33 PM
This was supposed to be playoff football, and if this was their best football..they wouldn't have made it past the first round anyway. I was the first one to stick up for them when people said they sucked..but when you lose to the Browns, there's something seriously wrong.

darnik44
Deion..who I'm not a fan of...just said it best "This is the 1st Steeler team that I don't know who they are"

I thought the same thing too when I heard him say that. It's so true, wake up Tomlin.

DanRooney
OL sucked, receivers can't beat man-to-man coverage, secondary sucks, and STs suck. This team is in a major revamping. A high round pick in every round would do just that.

darnik44
12-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Hey if we lose out we can get a top 10 draft pick. Within site of Eric Berry or in site of trading up for Ndamakong Suh.

steelersbabex25
12-10-2009, 11:35 PM
This is also the first game I remember where A LOT was put on Ben. He threw so many almost ints that I lost count.

Forged in Steel
12-10-2009, 11:35 PM
One reason the Steelers have gone from 6-2, to 6-7:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/69/Madden10_Xbox360.jpg

darnik44
12-10-2009, 11:37 PM
One reason the Steelers have gone from 6-2, to 6-7:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/69/Madden10_Xbox360.jpg

At this point, that curse can't even be disputed.

One for the thumb
12-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Im speechless...

Talk is cheap Tomlin! Man up...

pathetic... no will, no want, no emotion.

EMBARRASSING!

You did not hear.. Tomlin like the fight we have...
personally I did not see any fight

steelersbabex25
12-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Wasn't even fathomable at the beginning of the season that this team with this season would have a losing record and ultimately no chance at the playoffs. Well once again, the Steelers have found a way to make the impossible possible..but for the worse this time.

steelfury455
12-10-2009, 11:40 PM
minus a few hurt key starters on D, this year is the same team we played with last year, and with a more potent offense. i'm still not getting it. hang the jerseys up folks, play the scrubs and hope we draft well...

darnik44
You did not hear.. Tomlin like the fight we have...
personally I did not see any fight

It seems like lately that's the main thing that's missing. They just seem to have too many players just going through the motions.

North Steel
thank god for the easy schedule.:cursin:what a nasty no show:evilshake:

One for the thumb
12-10-2009, 11:41 PM
The line did play bad, but more than that the play calling hurt them. They were running 5 receiver routes on long developing plays all night leaving Roethlisberger vulnerable. What happened to all the quick hitting plays out of the bunch formation? Why still no no-huddle?

I thought they promised more no-huddle this year.. Can Arians get beyond his big head and figure out that he play calling sucks

steelerschick1220
12-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Tomlin needs to fire just about everyone on his coaching staff. Why wait for the Dolphins game????? DO IT NOW!!!!!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-10-2009, 11:44 PM
I thought they promised more no-huddle this year.. Can Arians get beyond his big head and figure out that he play calling sucks

Where was the no huddle?? we had success with it the little bit it was used earlier in the season...

Big T
12-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Worst offensive playcalling this year and Bens worst game....those are the reason we lost...

I look at this half-full....we will atleast lose 1-2 more if not all 3...hell we will have a great draft position....Rolando McClain? Trade up just a few spots and snag Eric Berry? I can't wait till the draft...there's no way they can mess it up....

darnik44
12-10-2009, 11:46 PM

I think it's an ego thing. In the no huddle Ben calls the plays. I'm really starting to think Arians fears how good the offense could be all of the sudden with Ben calling the plays. Then he would definetly make himself look bad. He could have just gone heavy with the no huddle at the beginning of the season and looked like a genius.

SteelCityKid5
12-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Please honestly please look at the past decade .... 2 good year .. 1 bad year .. thats how its gone... heres to next year!!!

steelerschick1220
12-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Where was the no huddle?? we had success with it the little bit it was used earlier in the season...
We had great success with it!!!!!! This is why I think Arians is horrible as his job. He has no clue what works in a game and usually does the complete opposite.

One for the thumb
12-10-2009, 11:50 PM
It seems like lately that's the main thing that's missing. They just seem to have too many players just going through the motions.

I did not even see them going through motions tonight. They practically laid down

steelersbabex25
12-10-2009, 11:52 PM
You can't even pin point it on the secondary this time. The entire team just played awful. Ben usually wins games, lost this one. DL never allows yards after..well..a touch, but they got run over today.

jtretz
12-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Tomlin needs to go to. He is the leader of the disaster. His O.C. sucks! His Special Teams coach sucks! His decisions are f***ing stupid.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-10-2009, 11:53 PM
no more worries. season over. who the hell cares if they win anymore this year. just clean up this mess and get ready for 2010.

One for the thumb
12-10-2009, 11:53 PM
I once read that the Steeler Defense believed they could win games. I am wondering if our Steeler D even plays in games

floodcitygirl
12-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Please honestly please look at the past decade .... 2 good year .. 1 bad year .. thats how its gone... heres to next year!!!I'll choose to be with you on this. If we win another one this year. great. Bring on next season! :tt02:

Big T
12-11-2009, 12:04 AM
One bad season as Tomlin needs to be fired...Jesus people...that's just stupid..

The only people that need to go are Brucey and Bobby.

SteelCityKid5
12-11-2009, 12:39 AM
AMEN big t!

Woodson_DownUnder
12-11-2009, 12:58 AM
One bad season as Tomlin needs to be fired...Jesus people...that's just stupid..

Here, here... a classic over-reaction. Sure, it's a unacceptable performance but to think that 4 weeks previous to this SHOCKER, there was nothing different in end result.

Chill out ppl...we're all hurting. Just have to hope some 'real changes are made' but KEEP Madison in a Steelers uniform.

Moondog
12-11-2009, 02:32 AM
This was supposed to be playoff football, and if this was their best football..they wouldn't have made it past the first round anyway. I was the first one to stick up for them when people said they sucked..but when you lose to the Browns, there's something seriously wrong.

That's exactly where I'm at. I tried to stay positive and give this team the benefit of the doubt but after tonight...man...what can I say? The Steelers are just not a very good football team right now. What a fall from grace since that Denver win at Mile High. It's hard to fathom it's the same team. I think Tomlin took it too easy on them this year. His easy training camp told them indirectly "we can just coast through this easy schedule because we're the Pittsburgh Steelers". Mike T. has got to stop being "cool" and start being a coach. He's got to make the tough decisions and overhaul his staff and team. There are no two ways around it, some heads have got to roll. We will know what we need to know about Mike T. by this time next year and hopefully he learns from his mistakes. :imho:

DanRooney
12-11-2009, 02:40 AM
"After winning a Superbowl. After a Superbowl."

Seriously shut the hell up. Yeah after a Superbowl with 95 percent of the same team intact we lost lost to 3 of the worst teams in NFL history, including the Cleveland Browns. What changes have been made during this? Couple of scrubs from STs being cut but no major personnel moves because our coach has no balls.

Clevelandsux
12-11-2009, 02:52 AM
We lose to a bunch guys that were bagging groceries a few months ago. Who were these guys?

darnik44
12-11-2009, 06:23 AM

Tomlin is in charge and everything starts with him. He's sat back and allowed things to continue the same as they always have. Think back to last season. Look at all the close games we pulled out of our ***. Last season could have very easily wound up like this one. Tomlin didn't win the SB, Dick LeBeau and the defense did.

steelersbabex25
12-11-2009, 06:41 AM
HE DIDN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE HE CARED. I know I keep bringing it up but Tomlin didn't even look upset in the slightest. That's really the first of him that I've seen that I didn't like.

steelcityboy43
12-11-2009, 08:51 AM
i think its our coaching staff.... the players are still there from last season, but its the coach that needs to get in line with the players they know how to play and work the wins we need to get tomlin out of there

jpele
12-11-2009, 09:04 AM
The most embarrassing moment came the when William Gay walked onto the field. At that moment I knew Tomlin was going to unleash hell on the Browns.

How can you have the respect of the players when you tell one guy he's going to start then not even let him dress for the game. You tell another player you're sitting him them let him start.

coldrolled
12-11-2009, 09:35 AM
i think its our coaching staff.... the players are still there from last season, but its the coach that needs to get in line with the players they know how to play and work the wins we need to get tomlin out of there

You think???

Its been Arians the whole time it just finally filtered thru the whole team now....

No Scoring ...

Defense is tired...

Offense is sick of playing stupid plays....

3rd down and 2 ... we have no backfield.... again...

we didnt learn that one at KC??

Fire Him Today....

GoBenGo
12-11-2009, 12:20 PM
I can only imagine what our record would be of we did not have the 29th rated schedule.

I am just totally beside myself right now. Dumbfounded

http://gertiecranker.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/fat-lady2.jpg

GO PENS!!!!

steelersbabex25
12-11-2009, 02:36 PM
We would probably have a better record if we had a harder schedule.

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 02:40 PM
The local radio shows here in Ohio are BLASTING the Steelers! Saying they looked cold and didn't want to be there! Oh yea, this team just save their coach his job! lol

steelersbabex25
12-11-2009, 04:04 PM
They did look cold..and they obviously didn't want to be there. If they really wanted to beat the Browns, they could have. Period.

Troyisabeast_43
12-11-2009, 04:22 PM
That's exactly where I'm at. I tried to stay positive and give this team the benefit of the doubt but after tonight...man...what can I say? The Steelers are just not a very good football team right now. What a fall from grace since that Denver win at Mile High. It's hard to fathom it's the same team. I think Tomlin took it too easy on them this year. His easy training camp told them indirectly "we can just coast through this easy schedule because we're the Pittsburgh Steelers". Mike T. has got to stop being "cool" and start being a coach. He's got to make the tough decisions and overhaul his staff and team. There are no two ways around it, some heads have got to roll. We will know what we need to know about Mike T. by this time next year and hopefully he learns from his mistakes. :imho:

Well said and even though Mike Tomlin will never admit it or say it he bought into the easy schedule and the fact that they are the World Champs and that we just have to show up this year with this schedule and we will be fine. Well you were wrong Coach T. What I dont like about Tomlin is he never seems to communicate with anybody on the sidelines whether it's coaches or players. His constant clapping after a Ben sack or a failed play is really getting on my last nerve, and the fact that he has come out and said a lot of things the last 2 weeks like unleashing hell and making changes in this game with the Browns and then he turns around and does none of those things, that sort of tells me you cant believe what he says. Time will tell like I said if Tomlin is the real deal or just a fraud that was handed a Super Bowl team that Bill Cowher left him when he retired. It's safe to say the honeymoon period for Mike Tomlin from Steelers Nation is officially over...

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Well said and even though Mike Tomlin will never admit it or say it he bought into the easy schedule and the fact that they are the World Champs and that we just have to show up this year with this schedule and we will be fine. Well you were wrong Coach T. What I dont like about Tomlin is he never seems to communicate with anybody on the sidelines whether it's coaches or players. His constant clapping after a Ben sack or a failed play is really getting on my last nerve, and the fact that he has come out and said a lot of things the last 2 weeks like unleashing hell and making changes in this game with the Browns and then he turns around and does none of those things, that sort of tells me you cant believe what he says. Time will tell like I said if Tomlin is the real deal or just a fraud that was handed a Super Bowl team that Bill Cowher left him when he retired. It's safe to say the honeymoon period for Mike Tomlin from Steelers Nation is officially over...

Well said!

Troyisabeast_43
12-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Well said!

Thanks and my apologies to you as well because I believe you were one of the ones that said that Tomlin's camp cupcake was the reason this team wasnt finishing games early on and I said it wasnt the case. Well it turns out you probably were right all along. The fact that this Steelers team had one of the easiest schedules over the last 3-4 weeks to set them back up to make a decent run and get in the playoffs and they failed in every single one of them is an absolute disgrace. Shame on the Steelers for getting handed games against the lowly Chiefs,Raiders,and Browns the last month and completely failing miserably in every single one of them. I been a Steelers fan for a long time and even when Cowher had the 3 bad years in the late 90's and his team fell apart I dont recall this kind of collapse against such horrible teams in a very very long time...Its an absolute disgrace...

steel-tex
12-11-2009, 04:48 PM
The talent is still there. What's missing is the leadership and common sense of the coaching staff to utilize their talent.

BIG 10-4 ON THIS CALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LatrobePA
12-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks and my apologies to you as well because I believe you were one of the ones that said that Tomlin's camp cupcake was the reason this team wasnt finishing games early on and I said it wasnt the case. Well it turns out you probably were right all along. The fact that this Steelers team had one of the easiest schedules over the last 3-4 weeks to set them back up to make a decent run and get in the playoffs and they failed in every single one of them is an absolute disgrace. Shame on the Steelers for getting handed games against the lowly Chiefs,Raiders,and Browns the last month and completely failing miserably in every single one of them. I been a Steelers fan for a long time and even when Cowher had the 3 bad years in the late 90's and his team fell apart I dont recall this kind of collapse against such horrible teams in a very very long time...Its an absolute disgrace...

Thanks!

My point with that was, what's the use resting them in camp when come game time you don't rest, i.e Farrior...Farrior I use as an example because he spent out a few games back...

This season is a wash, but lets try and stay upbeat, this is all a learning lesson for Tomlin and next year this will make him a better coach!!

Moondog
12-11-2009, 07:12 PM

You know I hope last year wasn't an anamoly, but I noticed in 2007, they lost 4 of their last 5 and now this in 2009 under Coach Tomlin. Which way is it going to trend? I guess will just have to see.

I've noticed the same thing about Tomlin on the sidelines as early as 2007, it's almost like he is just an observer, not a participant in what's going on. Last year I kind of overlooked it because they had success, but half the time he just seems like a fan with a headset on.

joeca75
12-12-2009, 01:50 PM
i look at it this way we have 6 trophies ya it would be nice to to go on a superbowl winning streak but i keep teling muself there is always next year and 2010 is just around the corner. So just keep believing in the steelers I will.