PDA

View Full Version : Sweed ready if called upon

Big T
12-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Sweed ready if called upon
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Wide receiver Limas Sweed could see extended playing time against the Cleveland Browns on Thursday night as Hines Ward is hobbled with a hamstring injury.

Sweed has only one reception for five yards this season, and was inactive for four games. But if the playing time does come on Thursday, he is ready to step up.*
“I am just ready, I am ready to step in and play,” said Sweed. “I have been sitting back patiently waiting for the opportunity however it might come. It looks like the opportunity has come and the door is open a little bit. Once I get my chance I will step in and play.”*

Sweed has had his struggles during the first two seasons of his career with holding on to the ball, but knows the he is capable of getting the job done.
“It’s an opportunity to step in and play,” said Sweed. “I know what I can bring to this team. Going out there and making plays, making blocks and helping these guys.*I look it as an opportunity for me to go out there and play football to the best of my abilities.”**

http://steelers.com/article/115576/

I hope he can make some plays...this would be the perfect game for him to step up and makes some plays.

Also rookie WR Tyler Grisham was signed to the active roster.

DanRooney
12-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah he's been waiting because he's been dropping balls that land right into his hands. This guy absolutely sickens me.

Big T
12-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah he's been waiting because he's been dropping balls that land right into his hands. This guy absolutely sickens me.

See Robert Meachem

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Sweed isn't going to get that many more chances; he already had a prime shot to win the 3rd WR spot in the training camp but couldn't pull it off. Now he's got another chance to see some playing time; so he better take advantage of it and knock it off with the dropped balls everywhere.

Goodfrom55
12-09-2009, 04:23 PM
GREAT!!!!!!!! Sweed is ready and Redman is back. Print the tickets! SBXLIV here we come.

SteelCityKid5
12-09-2009, 04:32 PM
I think it's been said Sweed can do everything on the field except catch. That, I believe is a mental problem. Once he gets over that, Sweed can be productive. When that happens, I dont know but I still think Sweed can be a solid WR.

Troyisabeast_43
12-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Sweed can say he is ready to step in and play all he wants but the results on the field speak for themselves. And until Sweed can step up and make a big time catch on a deep ball for a TD or make a big 3rd down conversion Im not buying it...Sweed really is at a point now where he has to catch everything that comes his way...He will definitely get open and find some seperation against a bad Browns secondary so he had damn well better catch any ball that is thrown his way...No excuses period...

Phenomenal TJ
12-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Gotta agree that catching the ball is a mental thing.

Look at Roy Williams from the Cowboys. Hell, look at Michael Irvin. He only ran the short slant routes for how long? They were getting his confidence up. That's what we need to do with Sweed until he's confident he can catch the ball.

The thing with the kind of position we had Sweed and Nate Washington in was that their routes were streaks a lot of the time, go deep, and get ready. A deep, for sure touchdown catch has 100x more pressure than a five yard slant. He gets to thinking too much when the ball's on it's way.

I've been there before, it sucks. I've caught plenty and dropped too many for my liking. I can almost guarantee you that he feels as sickened as we do about it. Probably more so.

Steel Trap86
12-09-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm sick of hearing this, just catch the ****ing football

Clevelandsux
12-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Sweed sucks. He doesn't deserve another chance. This guy couldn't catch the clap.

DanRooney
12-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I think it's been said Sweed can do everything on the field except catch. That, I believe is a mental problem. Once he gets over that, Sweed can be productive. When that happens, I dont know but I still think Sweed can be a solid WR.

You ever see a retarded guy overcome his disability? :banana:

75Steeler
12-09-2009, 08:33 PM
GREAT!!!!!!!! Sweed is ready and Redman is back. Print the tickets! SBXLIV here we come.

:lol: Agreed! that s**t is too funny!

One for the thumb
12-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Sweed sucks. He doesn't deserve another chance. This guy couldn't catch the clap.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Stairwayto7
12-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Talk is Cheap!

It should be a snowy wet windy night, we need Mendenhal

Blazedby92
12-10-2009, 09:02 AM
"Here we go with this bull**** again" exactly what I was thinking when I seen this thread.

Funny how some people "HOPES" he can make some plays because the stains suck so bad he might have a coming out party, but when someone mentions Redman it's crap.
Limas Meachum sweed:clap: has had numerous chances to prove himself and can't get it done and :willybs: on the coinfidence, your in the NFL son and he doesn't have the main ingredient to be a WR "HANDS" so lets keep HOPING for him to be good.

Hey just a thought maybe we should call up the Savior and he can play WR if he starts dropping balls we can hope for him too. Definently can't be any worse off with a uncertain player than a player thats proven to everyone that he can choke.

ATTN: To all the haters this is not a reply to bring up Redman just making a point, Sweed is a wash as of now and probably always will be so give it up:stirpot:

coldrolled
12-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Talk is Cheap!

It should be a snowy wet windy night, we need Mendenhal

Gusts to 50mph

lets pass and kick field goals bruce.

--- Added 12/10/2009 at 07:47 AM ---

Redman and Summers never had a chance, and wont as long as we are a passing team
with 4 wide or 3 te sets.

JensK
12-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Gusts to 50mph

lets pass and kick field goals bruce.

--- Added 12/10/2009 at 07:47 AM ---

Redman and Summers never had a chance, and wont as long as we are a passing team
with 4 wide or 3 te sets.

Summers had all the chances he wanted, and failed on every single one of them...

coldrolled
12-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Summers had all the chances he wanted, and failed on every single one of them...

summers got the ball once as was 1 for 4 yards for the year??

ben throws an INT every game in the end zone and we lose every game he does that..

shouldn't dixon play?????

LatrobePA
12-10-2009, 10:38 AM
:popcorn:

playboy pryor
12-10-2009, 11:42 AM
This is Sweed time to shine! if he drops some wide open passes this game, he needs to pack his things and get out of town

JensK
12-10-2009, 11:43 AM
summers got the ball once as was 1 for 4 yards for the year??

ben throws an INT every game in the end zone and we lose every game he does that..

shouldn't dixon play?????

It was NEVER summers job to run the ball. He was supposed to block, thats what the brought him in for, and thats what he failed to do.

coldrolled
12-10-2009, 11:58 AM
It was NEVER summers job to run the ball. He was supposed to block, thats what the brought him in for, and thats what he failed to do.

he ran and caught balls at unlv, for i cant remember but over some 2000+ yards. hes a 245lb half/fullback, fb's dont carry balls in steel town anymore????? what an incentive to get a young guy going. we picked him in the 5th for a reason..

they tell him you get to block only, and you get 10 trys.... sounds like an arians plan. that will get the young talent excited..

the opposing defense see this idea and says... oh they have a fullback in, they never carry the ball. just cover the tailback.??? wow... more intense offensive trickery....

what is happening in steel town. well cinci is showing us how to smashmouth and win in this division. so change will be coming here.... hell will be unleashed when we get rid of this insane offensive plan and bruce. our red zone is a dead zone and we lose. we can have 10,000 yards of offense, but if we die on the 20 we will lose. which is where we are right now.

oh and redman never had a chance so lets wait to see if he ever gets a chance before we make fun of a hard hitting animal that was at least trying in preseason.

i still think we need to pick up fui vakapuna the fb from cinci when they move him to the PS, they should move him next to the PS for the playoffs as they will need more backup lineman. they did pick up johnson... in a heart beat, because they know they cant win a playoff game without a great running game...

how times have changed.

Blazedby92
12-10-2009, 01:39 PM
This is Sweed time to shine! if he drops some wide open passes this game, he needs to pack his things and get out of town

How many times are we going to give this guy chance, apparently he can't even shine in practice enough to convince the coach's and practice shouldn't be anymore mental than the real game. Get off his sack.

Hey I have an Idea maybe sweed should be a DB, he would fit right in or maybe Sweed has the same coach as the DB's do. BUST

coldrolled
01-06-2010, 11:31 AM
How many times are we going to give this guy chance, apparently he can't even shine in practice enough to convince the coach's and practice shouldn't be anymore mental than the real game. Get off his sack.

Hey I have an Idea maybe sweed should be a DB, he would fit right in or maybe Sweed has the same coach as the DB's do. BUST

Sweed has Lymes Disease?????

symptoms:

If Lyme disease is not detected and treated while early symptoms are present, or if you do not have early symptoms that trigger the need for treatment, the infection may affect the skin, joints, nervous system, and heart within weeks to months after the initial infection.

Advanced Symptoms at this stage may include:

Being tired.
Additional skin rashes in several places on your body that develop as the infection spreads.
Pain, weakness, or numbness in the arms or legs.
Inability to control the muscles of the face (paralysis of the facial nerves).
Recurring headaches or fainting.
Poor memory and reduced ability to concentrate.
Conjunctivitis (pinkeye) or sometimes damage to deep tissue in the eyes.
Occasional rapid heartbeats (palpitations) or, in rare cases, serious heart problems.

K Train
01-06-2010, 11:34 AM
thats a shame

Big T
01-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Sweed has Lymes Disease?????

symptoms:

If Lyme disease is not detected and treated while early symptoms are present, or if you do not have early symptoms that trigger the need for treatment, the infection may affect the skin, joints, nervous system, and heart within weeks to months after the initial infection.

Advanced Symptoms at this stage may include:

Being tired.
Additional skin rashes in several places on your body that develop as the infection spreads.
Pain, weakness, or numbness in the arms or legs.
Inability to control the muscles of the face (paralysis of the facial nerves).
Recurring headaches or fainting.
Poor memory and reduced ability to concentrate.
Conjunctivitis (pinkeye) or sometimes damage to deep tissue in the eyes.
Occasional rapid heartbeats (palpitations) or, in rare cases, serious heart problems.

I just got done reading an article about it...damn I hope it's not too serious...no wonder he's been having so many problems...

coldrolled
01-06-2010, 05:14 PM

funny....

he was on the field how many times??

as many as Davis was all year.....

we dont use a FB....

why sign him in the 5th round, we needed an OL...

this arians running game plan is just hard to digest...