PDA

View Full Version : Polamolu may not return

Steel Trap86
12-08-2009, 09:57 PM
PITTSBURGH -- With the Pittsburgh Steelers fast running out of games and his left knee still not healed, star safety Troy Polamalu isn't certain if he will be back this season.

Polamalu is hopeful of playing again, but he said Tuesday there is no definitive date for his return.

Polamalu's latest injury, to his posterior cruciate ligament, was initially expected to be less severe than the anterior cruciate ligament injury that kept him out of the Steelers' second through fifth games. But he won't play Thursday night in Cleveland, the fourth consecutive game he's missed with his latest injury.

The Steelers have 10 days off after Cleveland until their next game, and there is a chance the five-time Pro Bowl player could be ready to play Dec. 20 against Green Bay. However, Polamalu hasn't been cleared to practice, much less play.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d814d2488&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Troy is questionable at best for the Packers. If we try and make a run for the playoffs right now then we might see him back for the Ravens which would be a BIG game if we're 8-6, but if we were to drop this game on Thursday to the Browns then it pretty much seals the season for the Steelers and Troy won't be back in 09 IMO.

There's also a one-on-one with Ben from today if you hit the link.

Goodfrom55
12-08-2009, 10:01 PM
About 10 years ago, I ruptured my PCL and I was out 15 weeks. Granted I was not a professional athlete, but I was a college athlete and good shape at the time. You can't make cuts or abrupt direction changes with a PCL injury.

LatrobePA
12-08-2009, 10:11 PM
IR him now so this team is forced to move on....Love you Troy, you bring so much to the table, but this team has to learn to play with out ya!!!

Zachintosh66
12-08-2009, 10:16 PM
well if we lose another game they might as well as IR him and batch... let some youngersters play

SteelCityKid5
12-08-2009, 10:35 PM
If we lose one more, IR him ... until then I hope he comes back as soon as he can

Steel Trap86
12-08-2009, 11:59 PM
IR him now so this team is forced to move on....Love you Troy, you bring so much to the table, but this team has to learn to play with out ya!!!

They're not going to IR Polamolu right now, especially if there is a chance he could be back as soon as next week. This team played just fine without him last season too so I don't get why everybody thinks we can't win without Troy. With our CB's playing like ****, it's this season he truly is the backbone of this defense.

SteelCityKid5
12-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Troy missing a game last season? When? Look how our secondary no better yet how our defense plays when he is in there. I'm sold that it's a different defense when he's out of the line up.

LatrobePA
12-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Yea I don't remember him missing any last year, the year B4 was rough....

Steel Trap86
12-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Ya my mistake, it was the 2007 season he missed 4 games. Last season we just had more guys breaking out - Harrisson, Woodley, Timmons, Clark, Smith, Farrior were all tearing **** up along with Troy, and all of these guys are still on this team!!!!!!!!!! (-smith)

JensK
12-09-2009, 05:34 AM
They are not going to IR Troy unless they are absolut certain he wont return. WHen that is said, i don't think he should play more this season, unless we by some miracle makes the playoffs. Id rather have him ready to go next year together with rest of the team.

Blazedby92
12-09-2009, 08:40 AM

:plus1:

They are not going to IR Troy unless they are absolut certain he wont return. WHen that is said, i don't think he should play more this season, unless we by some miracle makes the playoffs. Id rather have him ready to go next year together with rest of the team.

I agree, It's just not our year, let's heal to fight another day, and come in next year hungry and embarrassed about 2009.:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2009, 09:29 AM
You don't want to him on IR just yet, if there's a slight chance he could play combined with a slight chance that we could still make the post season then you have to keep him active. The possibility of us sneaking into the playoffs and getting Troy back is too tempting to give up on right now.

Having said that, if we lose this game on Thursday then you might as well just pull the trigger and IR him because there's no point in keeping him around with any hopes of the post season. Honestly as of now, I don't think there's much of a point because we don't deserve to be thinking of the post season anyways so...

You won't see Tomlin do it right away though because that would make it seem like he's throwing in the towel on the season and then he'll have to defend those actions to everyone which he probably doesn't want to deal with.

LatrobePA
12-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Troy loves messing with the media:

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/