PDA

View Full Version : As of today no changes...

LatrobePA
12-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Gay back to practice with #1 D....

http://twitter.com/jimwexell

franchise3
12-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Gay back to practice with #1 D....

http://twitter.com/jimwexell

I wonder if he will have exercise induced headaches and if Hines will get mad if Gay doesn't play.

LatrobePA
12-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I wonder if he will have exercise induced headaches and if Hines will get mad if Gay doesn't play.

Myth! lol

Goodfrom55
12-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Having gone "public" with his plan to play Joe Burnett over Gay, Tomlin better stick to his guns. The one thing he can least afford to do is lose his credibility with the team.

J.OTSTOTT
12-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Having gone "public" with his plan to play Joe Burnett over Gay, Tomlin better stick to his guns. The one thing he can least afford to do is lose his credibility with the team.

If he hasn't already! I am sure fag i mean, Gay will give Tomlin one of those "I can play" lines.

LatrobePA
12-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Gotta stand by his words, I would hate to see the media blast him for this...Already catching hell for the "unleash hell BS"!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2009, 09:42 AM
That one article that somebody posted here the other day, talked about realistically speaking who do we have to play that isn't already on the field that can make a difference. If Taylor can't cover do we really think the rookies will do any better? QB's go after Gay as it is more than Ike, but if you stick 2 rookies out there they'll get eaten alive. If you bench Gay and keep Ike, the same thing will happen.

Do you really want Farrior taken off the field, replaced by Fox (who has played well but still). I'm not saying that would happen for sure or not, but the point is, our depth guys are decent but not anything spectacular to the point of making a positive difference on the field.

I don't know what the answer is, and at this point I really don't care who they put in the game anymore, I'm just tired of seeing this team suck.

Let's look at this for a quick second here; there's no way the following guys are going to not be playing on Thursday (amid Tomlin's "change" talk)

Hampton
Wood
Kiesel
Farrior
Harrison
Timmons
Clark
Townsend
Taylor

So I mean when you look at it, how much is our defense potentially going to change; other than the secondary there's pretty much no way it can change.

On Offense; the offensive line will all play; Ben, Mendenhal, Holmes, Wallace, Miller, are all going to play so there aren't changes there that you'll see so honestly what do we expect him to do?

Ibleedblk&gld
12-09-2009, 09:48 AM
i'm all about trying burnett and lewis out against the browns...i understand burnett dropped an easy INT, but at least the guy was in front of the ball to make the play, and not 10-15 yds behind the receiver, trying to play catch up

is this a must win? yes...but honestly, what have we got to lose? all the chips are stacked against us as it is, and even if we win, there is still a good possibility we don't make the post season...play burnett and lewis...the only way they could be worse, is if they get burned on EVERY ball thrown their way...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2009, 10:27 AM
It's a must win there's no question about it, these coaches shouldn't be afraid to try anything and everything to jump start this group and try to get a win. Nothing should be left out of the playbook and there's no reason to not go for it on 4th and short every single time if you're past the 50 yd line. No more of this stupid punting on 4th and short, no more FG's, take this team down, score some points or die trying...it's as simple as that. The status quo hasn't worked all year, it's time to shake up the playbook here too people.

Run you're reverses, your flea flickers, all your crazy mixed up stuff and let the players have some fun out there and see what happens. I mean really, why not?!

Ibleedblk&gld
12-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Run you're reverses, your flea flickers, all your crazy mixed up stuff and let the players have some fun out there and see what happens. I mean really, why not?!

remember who our OC is...whisenhunt loved the gadget plays...the only out of the ordinary play BA has run this year, is a MeMo pass....

i'm tired of seeing a pitch to MeMo when it's 3rd and 5+

coldrolled
12-09-2009, 10:38 AM
That one article that somebody posted here the other day, talked about realistically speaking who do we have to play that isn't already on the field that can make a difference. If Taylor can't cover do we really think the rookies will do any better? QB's go after Gay as it is more than Ike, but if you stick 2 rookies out there they'll get eaten alive. If you bench Gay and keep Ike, the same thing will happen.

Do you really want Farrior taken off the field, replaced by Fox (who has played well but still). I'm not saying that would happen for sure or not, but the point is, our depth guys are decent but not anything spectacular to the point of making a positive difference on the field.

I don't know what the answer is, and at this point I really don't care who they put in the game anymore, I'm just tired of seeing this team suck.

Let's look at this for a quick second here; there's no way the following guys are going to not be playing on Thursday (amid Tomlin's "change" talk)

Hampton
Wood
Kiesel
Farrior
Harrison
Timmons
Clark
Townsend
Taylor

So I mean when you look at it, how much is our defense potentially going to change; other than the secondary there's pretty much no way it can change.

On Offense; the offensive line will all play; Ben, Mendenhal, Holmes, Wallace, Miller, are all going to play so there aren't changes there that you'll see so honestly what do we expect him to do?

How about just goto play action on offense. Attack the defenses weakness.

Put Arians on the Practice Squad.

Then we have....

The Blizzard on the Lake. If they were smart enough to let Arians go why werent they smart enough to put a dome on that new stadium???

The Blizzard is looking worse for thursday night, they have wind gusts forecast in the 50mph range, snow and 18 degrees with a wind chill of zero.

this game will not show any true stats at the end of the night.

Glad i live in South Florida now. I would be at that game... eeeeks.

Mike Tomlin
12-09-2009, 11:40 AM
It's a must win there's no question about it, these coaches shouldn't be afraid to try anything and everything to jump start this group and try to get a win. Nothing should be left out of the playbook and there's no reason to not go for it on 4th and short every single time if you're past the 50 yd line. No more of this stupid punting on 4th and short, no more FG's, take this team down, score some points or die trying...it's as simple as that. The status quo hasn't worked all year, it's time to shake up the playbook here too people.

Exacly Ben has to will this team in the endzone. I really like Burnett and hope he gets chance to show what he can do. One thing I like about him is he's a natural corner. He believes what he sees in front of him and he reacts, I've seen that when he was in college and the chances that he's had here. Sometimes you just have to throw rookies in the fire and see how they fight out. I had always wondered when they would do it to Mendenhall and he's responded well.