PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps the fans should do the play calling????

TampaSteelGirl
12-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Lets face it..post after post everyone is against BA and the horrific play calling...What I can't understand is if we AS fans can see what is going on and exactly what we need then why can't the coaching staff???? I'm a little worried about the play calling with this game. Does anyone think Ben will get pissed off enough to suggest no huddle if the sh*t hits the fan Thursday night???????

(THIS IS NOT ANOTHER BA BASH THREAD BTW SO PLEASE REFRAIN!!!):evilshake:

Ibleedblk&gld
12-08-2009, 01:40 PM
it would be nice to see ben go no huddle for once

coldrolled
12-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Lets face it..post after post everyone is against BA and the horrific play calling...What I can't understand is if we AS fans can see what is going on and exactly what we need then why can't the coaching staff???? I'm a little worried about the play calling with this game. Does anyone think Ben will get pissed off enough to suggest no huddle if the sh*t hits the fan Thursday night???????

(THIS IS NOT ANOTHER BA BASH THREAD BTW SO PLEASE REFRAIN!!!):evilshake:

This game may be a game where the first team that scores a TD wins.

It is supposed to be 17 degrees, Snowing with high winds...

Running Backs and defensive turnovers for points win this one.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
I think Mendenhall would probably be a little tired after his 60th carry of the day.

TampaSteelGirl
it would be nice to see ben go no huddle for once

Wonder why this was not an option when we were crapping the bed last few games???? Winning the Denver game proved it worked....not sure why this is not an option when desperation is knocking at your back door??? :dunno:

--- Added 12/8/2009 at 12:43 PM ---

I think Mendenhall would probably be a little tired after his 60th carry of the day.

:hilarious: Perhaps!

coldrolled
12-08-2009, 01:45 PM
High Winds....

Arians will pass alot and go for 50+ yard field goals...

sorry... i had to.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-08-2009, 01:46 PM
We couldn't do no worse than that bum Ari-head

LatrobePA
12-08-2009, 01:47 PM

No we'll be passing 75% of the game, gotta get those stats up there, the year is almost over! :rant2:

TampaSteelGirl
12-08-2009, 01:48 PM
This game may be a game where the first team that scores a TD wins.

It is supposed to be 17 degrees, Snowing with high winds...

Running Backs and defensive turnovers for points win this one.

I don't agree with this....:thinking:

LatrobePA
12-08-2009, 01:53 PM
I don't agree with this....:thinking:

The weather is gonna get crappy up here, last year we played them on Thursday and weather was nutz, 10-6 final score. Could be simular this year, lets hope the hell not!

SteelCityKid5
12-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Crappy weather = 55 pass attempts for Big Ben!

Look for Arains to go to Mendenhall early, put Willie in the game then forget that Mendenhall went back in and not get a touch until mid way through the third quarter.

LatrobePA
12-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Crappy weather = 55 pass attempts for Big Ben!

Look for Arains to go to Mendenhall early, put Willie in the game then forget that Mendenhall went back in and not get a touch until mid way through the third quarter.

LOL!

My honest thoughts as to why we haven't seen a change in OC is Ben! Ben begged for Tomlin to keep him the start of this year, so to me it sounded like he was out but Ben saved his ***.

I USE to think Tomlin was swang'n from Bens bag and didn't want to upset his QB, but that has went out the window and coach is counting the days down to can his no good ***! :yellowthumb:

LarryNJ
12-08-2009, 03:59 PM
That's a great idea. Give us all copies of the play book. We have 15 seconds to vote online that would give them enough time to call the play in. I'd pay to do that!

UKSTEELER
12-08-2009, 04:08 PM
BA's been kind enough to let us have his passing play page . . .

Looks good, . . . I say we go with this for 75% of the game.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2006/04/kids_drawing_football.jpg

:lol:

Goodfrom55
12-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Open up the gaps n the O-line, spread out the browns' and run the football. If Ben has to throw 23+ times in this game for the Steelers to win, we're in trouble. Running Backs combined should have 30+ touches for 140 or 150 yards, especially without Shawn Rogers in the middle.

I would LOVE to call the offense for one quarter, let alone one game.

jcloss23
12-08-2009, 07:49 PM
they talked about it all through the sunday night ravens game, Ben said he agreed with the calls, if this is true our QB that has turned this franchise into Champions again is as dumb as our OC

Stlrs4Life
12-08-2009, 08:55 PM
All I know is, calling a QB keeper up the middle to a guy that just had a concussion on a 4th and 1 play is damn right stupid.

TampaSteelGirl
12-09-2009, 02:54 PM
All I know is, calling a QB keeper up the middle to a guy that just had a concussion on a 4th and 1 play is damn right stupid.

:yellowthumb: No kidding!! Even the commentators on NFL Network were saying the exact same thing! :lol: