PDA

View Full Version : Limas Sweed Hail Mary play...

Troyisabeast_43
12-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Now even though this game should have NEVER and I mean EVER come down to a hail mary pass in the end zone against the Raiders at home had Sweed come down with that ball which it appeared the ball was right in his hands and he has the best opportunity to catch it out of everybody there then all the drops he ever had in his NFL career so far on this Steelers team would have been forgiven. Limas Sweed was drafted and is getting paid to make those kind of plays where he can use his height to out jump guys and make those kind of catches. He got yet again another opportunity yesterday to do so and once again he failed to deliver...

JensK
12-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Sure.. man the guy sucks.. He fails to bring down a pass with 4 defenders around him. Epic fail! I just love how, because its Sweed, this is terrible. Everyone will fail on catching that, if not, they'd throw it deep on every play... It happens that guys pulls one in, but its rare!

Ibleedblk&gld
12-07-2009, 03:27 PM
yeah i noticed that too...all he had to do was side step and it was in his numbers...it hit his left hand...

UKSTEELER
12-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Side step?? Were we watching the same play?

He jumped in the very limited space that he had, but couldn't quite reach to get it.

Would have been a hell of a catch and a Randy Moss might have brought it down possibly, but it was far from easy.

He didn't drop it!

All his woes would have been forgotten, shame it didn't quite come off.

steelersbabex25
12-07-2009, 03:37 PM
It looked to me like a defender got his hand in front before Limas Sweed even had a chance.

Troyisabeast_43
12-07-2009, 03:38 PM
It was just fitting I thought that the game ended that way with Limas Sweed yet against dropping another ball that hit his hands...It would have been a helluva of a catch no doubt but the ball was catchable and that's what Sweed is getting paid to do catch the ball and he cant. The guy has absolutely no clue what he is doing out there much like Gay,Ike,Carter and the entire ****ing secondary...

Ibleedblk&gld
12-07-2009, 03:42 PM
our secondary is lost w/o troy

OC Steel Curtain
12-07-2009, 03:44 PM
He looks uncoordinated or is it just me.

Ibleedblk&gld
12-07-2009, 03:46 PM
i'm trying to find a clip of that ending...

steelersbabex25
12-07-2009, 03:52 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009120607/2009/REG13/raiders@steelers#tab:watch

not a very good view, but its at the very end

Troyisabeast_43
12-07-2009, 03:53 PM
i'm trying to find a clip of that ending...

The ball was catchable fellas it hit both of his hands and had Sweed used his size and body more to go up and bring the ball down much like Murphy did on Ike yesterday time and time again he catches that ball it's really that simple...Tough catch no doubt but hey at some point and time Limas Sweed needs to step up and make some kind of big play...

coldrolled
12-07-2009, 04:24 PM
The ball was catchable fellas it hit both of his hands and had Sweed used his size and body more to go up and bring the ball down much like Murphy did on Ike yesterday time and time again he catches that ball it's really that simple...Tough catch no doubt but hey at some point and time Limas Sweed needs to step up and make some kind of big play...

Next year after arians is gone and sweed is hot, summers actually is allowed to play FB and get a hand off once, ben gets to play play action and mendenhall can run for 100+ per game. you will all see the light.

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Next year after arians is gone and sweed is hot, summers actually is allowed to play FB and get a hand off once, ben get to play play action and mendenhall can run for 100+ per game. you will all see the light.

I'll be one happy SOB if that happens!

GoBenGo
12-07-2009, 05:28 PM
As much as we did not deserve it. Swede had a shot at the hail Mary. Hit him in his one weak spot , his hands.

Just another shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Big T
12-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Honestly...this is stupid

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Honestly...this is stupid

LOL, do I wish he caught it so he could of gotten out of the doghouse??? YES!

Did he, NO, water under the bridge now, he'll get his chance Thursday if Ward can't go!

Goodfrom55
12-07-2009, 05:52 PM
You're grasping at straws. . .they call it a hail mary for a reason. . .

SteelCityKid5
12-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah, how many times are hail mary passes caught? This is kind of a dead issue.

Mike Tomlin
12-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Honestly it was encouraging to me because nobody gave him credit for getting in position to even have chance at the ball. From what I remember someone got a hand on the ball. Good job of atleast making a play on the ball hopefully next time he'll make the play.

jpele
12-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Why is it Sweeds' fault, if anyone of several defensive players had done their job( and they haven't for several weeks ) they would be no need for a hail mary pass. If we punt instead of trying a 50+ yard FG maybe we win.

How about the offense score a TD in the red zone or maybe Ward stays in bounds and the clock keeps running.

If Ben doesn't throw an INT and guess what everyone of these players are getting paid to do a job .

Troyisabeast_43
12-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Why is it Sweeds' fault, if anyone of several defensive players had done their job( and they haven't for several weeks ) they would be no need for a hail mary pass. If we punt instead of trying a 50+ yard FG maybe we win.

How about the offense score a TD in the red zone or maybe Ward stays in bounds and the clock keeps running.

If Ben doesn't throw an INT and guess what everyone of these players are getting paid to do a job .

I never said it was Sweed's fault the Steelers lost the game all I am saying is he had another opportunity to make a play on a ball that hit his hands and use his size and once again he failed to get the job done...

Zachintosh66
12-07-2009, 08:06 PM
were talking about a one in a 1000 desperation play... this thread is worthless.

SteelerRush
12-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I thought the same thing he had it in his hand and all he had to do was jump for it. I like Sweed and I think he will get over the drops it was by far a difficult catch but you have to wonder why this keeps happening to Sweed. Anyway he will get his chance against the Stains. Ward will probably be out for:crossfingers: this game with the hamstring injury.

Troyisabeast_43
12-07-2009, 08:22 PM
were talking about a one in a 1000 desperation play... this thread is worthless.

It is a desperation play and the odds of catching a hail mary are not very good at all but it still doesnt change the fact that Sweed had good positioning to make the catch and it hit both his hands and he dropped it...I listened to DVE after the game yesterday and the call in show with Tunch and Ellis and about 5-10 people called in and talked about this play for awhile said how Sweed should have caught the ball...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Sorry 43 but I think you're just trying to find another reason to bash Sweed....come on man you're expecting him to get in for one play at the very end of the game to pull off a miracle....lol I was praying though that Sweed was going to come down with it....lol

SteelCityKid5
12-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Fact is, this game shouldnt have even come down to a hail mary pass for the Steelers. Not blaming Sweed for that.

Troyisabeast_43
12-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Sorry 43 but I think you're just trying to find another reason to bash Sweed....come on man you're expecting him to get in for one play at the very end of the game to pull off a miracle....lol I was praying though that Sweed was going to come down with it....lol

lol no but Im expecting him at some point to actually do something good for this Steelers team and actually catch a ****ing pass that hits his hands that can help the Steelers team win...With that being said, I want to clear things up I dont think Sweed by any means at all is the reason the Steelers lost yesterday. They lost because the secondary guys like Gay,Ike,and Carter couldnt cover a ****ing JV High School team. The play where Gradkowski threw one up for grabs there on the last drive in front of 4 Steelers and Murphy came down with it and got out of bounds too was the most ridiculous horrific pass defense I have ever seen in my life. The whole Steelers secondary should be embarrassed by their peformance yesterday and forfeit their entire paycheck for the week and donate it to charity or something. The secondary's performance yesterday was absolutely putrid...

Iron City South
12-07-2009, 09:38 PM
As far as hail mary's are concerned ... the one Ben threw up on Sunday was very, very catchable ... Sweed had the luxury of being the front man with nobody blocking his view. He should have had it. I'm not implying he lost the game for us .... simply saying that was just one of many opportunities we didn't capitalize on.

Fire away with the excuses ....

TEEMONT
12-07-2009, 09:41 PM
this is really nitpicking...lol...I dont think we should even be discussing Limas Sweeds Hail Mary skills

Troyisabeast_43
12-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Well looking at how bad the Cleveland Browns corners and defense as a whole played against the Chargers yesterday Sweed is going to get plenty of chances to get open and get behind the defense like he usually does come Thursday night. Whether he can actually finish the play off and make a big catch remains to be seen. But you can rest assure that if Hines doesnt play on Thursday which it looks like he wont Sweed is going to get plenty of opportunities to make some big plays against the Browns defense and he had better do it...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Well looking at how bad the Cleveland Browns corners and defense as a whole played against the Chargers yesterday Sweed is going to get plenty of chances to get open and get behind the defense like he usually does come Thursday night. Whether he can actually finish the play off and make a big catch remains to be seen. But you can rest assure that if Hines doesnt play on Thursday which it looks like he wont Sweed is going to get plenty of opportunities to make some big plays against the Browns defense and he had better do it...

But playing the Browns is perfect for Limas Sweed to build some confidence and if he does have a break out game it might finally be the light bulb going off in his head telling him see this game isn't as hard as I think it is and I can play in this league.......I'm excited to see what Limas can do with actually maybe getting into a flow of a football game....At this point with the team 6-6 is a great time to see if these guys actually can play and will be factors for this team for years to come....If we happen to win games with these young player and sneak into the play-offs then even better......

scott0326
12-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Seriously? Sweed is getting blamed for not catching a ball where he was covered by what? 4 guys.

SteelCityKid5
12-08-2009, 02:25 PM
If Sweed makes that catch and we win, I bet people would have said they could have understood if he dropped it. Losing persuades your subjective comments. Like I said before, the game shouldnt have come down to that and this is a bit nitpicky.

LatrobePA
12-08-2009, 02:31 PM
If he caught it, he'd been a hero (for a day). But he didn't and he's still in the doghouse. I'm confident he'll prove his worth....

DanRooney
12-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Limas Bitch

--- Added 12/8/2009 at 02:31 PM ---

I saw Ike Taylor unable to defend a similar play on the game winning drive, where that joke of a QB threw a jump ball up to some anonymous receiver. Limas Sweed is a bitch.

UKSTEELER
12-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Wallace dropped an easier screen pass catch on 3rd and 19 during the mistake riddled drive in the second quarter, the pass was far from perfect, but I believe Wally got two hands on it, he had blockers and may have picked up the first down and kept a drive alive, Limas has become an easy target for some. If this had been him, we wouldn't have heard the last of it.

Because it is Wally, we hear nothing.

Moondog
12-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Sweed's got another shot Thursday night, he's going to prove himself just like Mendy did.
Go Sweed!!!

UKSTEELER
12-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Sweed's got another shot Thursday night, he's going to prove himself just like Mendy did.
Go Sweed!!!

:clap:

If we all pull hard enough, maybe, just maybe the light will come on!!

Now or never!:helmet:

Go Limas!:yesnod:

DanRooney
12-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Unfortunate Wallace dropped that, but Sweed hasn't done anything on this team. Wallace has.

UKSTEELER
12-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Unfortunate Wallace dropped that, but Sweed hasn't done anything on this team. Wallace has.

I agree, I'm hoping Limas just gets a fair chance this week, he won't get a better chance.

He really needs to perform, and I hope Ben has enough confidence in him to throw him a ball or two.

I doubt Limas has it, he has something missing, appears mental, but he deserves this one last shot.

Limas's main faux paux this season was the td pass he dropped when he failed to hold on when he hit the turf.

One of Hines's drops this season was a td pass he dropped when he failed to hold on when he hit the turf.

Go Steelers, Go Limas, please prove us wrong.:yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
12-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Limas Bitch, LMBO!!

Bruce Gradkowski (SP) was trying real hard to let his true Steelers love shine through with that wounded duck he tossed 60 yards in the air. But true to their form our safties and DB's didn't make a play! Sweed is the least of my concerns!