PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, Steeler Fans?

steelersbabex25
12-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Yes, we're in a slump right now, no, the team does not suck. There are problems on the team, problems that are obviously costing us games, but they don't suck. Anybody else remember the '05-'06 season when we were 7-5 and needed to win out to make the playoffs, and nobody thought that would happen, but it did. We had problems then too, just like we've had every year, but it still happened. Things can happen in these last few weeks, so don't count any team out of the playoffs until week 17 has been played.

Go Steelers :tt02:

K Train
12-07-2009, 02:58 PM
they are out lol, they dont suck but they have some issues for sure. they will NOT make the playoffs, i dont care how much hope you pour into them, and really they dont deserve to make it

steelersbabex25
12-07-2009, 03:00 PM
No it's really an annoyance with the "Mike Tomlin needs to be fired, our defense sucks" comments. Whatever, I spoke my peace.

Troyisabeast_43
12-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Doesnt matter if Mendenhall,Ward,Gay,or even Ben would all sit against the Browns they should still be able to beat them...With that being said, even with a few of those guys in there they still probably wont...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Brady Quinn is on a leash. The Browns offense will play into the Steeler defensive strengths. I see Quinn taking a beating and their run game being non-existent. Might be a low scoring game, but I don't expect the Browns to score more than 10 points.

Ibleedblk&gld
12-07-2009, 03:21 PM
i'm w/ k train..w/ the way they've been playing, they don't deserve to make the playoffs...and if they do by some miracle, they won't make it past the 1st round

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2009, 03:23 PM
The team is sucking, period, plain and simple, nobody can deny it. They are most talented 6-6 team I've ever seen yet they play like they don't give a ****. Everybody on that roster, every coach, including Tomlin, is to blame for this slide. Talent obviously isn't enough for this team anymore because they can't overcome themselves, which is a sad state to be in.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-07-2009, 03:24 PM
i'm w/ k train..w/ the way they've been playing, they don't deserve to make the playoffs...and if they do by some miracle, they won't make it past the 1st round

If the Steeler's won out and made the playoffs...they would most certainly make it past the first round. They would be a team on a tear.

Ibleedblk&gld
12-07-2009, 03:29 PM
If the Steeler's won out and made the playoffs...they would most certainly make it past the first round. They would be a team on a tear.

IF...there are a few things that come into play for them to make the postseason...it's going to take more than a win out

Troyisabeast_43
12-07-2009, 03:30 PM

The sad thing is the teams the Steelers need to catch to get a wildcard spot such as the Broncos,Jags,Ravens,Miami and even the Jets will probably all lose at least 2 more games looking at each one of their schedules the rest of the way. The Steelers problem is they will screw it all up and not win out...The Jags have games left with Miami,Indy,and New England they should lose at least 2 of those that gives them 7 losses. The Broncos have games left at Indy and at Philly which they should lose both which will give them 6 losses but since the Steelers own the head to head tiebraker they would get in over Denver. And the Ravens if they lose tonight in Green Bay will have 6 losses along with Miami who the Steelers still both play so if they beat both of those teams they will win tiebrakers and have a better overall record.

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 03:32 PM
they are out lol, they dont suck but they have some issues for sure. they will NOT make the playoffs, i dont care how much hope you pour into them, and really they dont deserve to make it

It wont sink in!

Troyisabeast_43
12-07-2009, 03:42 PM
It wont sink in!

Well if they beat Cleveland and that's a big big IF at this point lol, they will at least be alive going into the Packers game where they will have 10 days to prepare for and where Troy might be back...The Broncos play at Indy this week which they will lose and the Jags play Miami then Indy and New England back to back weeks so the Steelers are going to get help to at least stay alive going into the Packers game as long as they win in Cleveland Thursday night.

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 03:46 PM
They'll need to do more than just beat Cleveland for me to be convinced this team belongs in the PO hunt! If they can go in there and leave with a 44-7 win I'd get just a little excited!

Troyisabeast_43
12-07-2009, 03:50 PM
They'll need to do more than just beat Cleveland for me to be convinced this team belongs in the PO hunt! If they can go in there and leave with a 44-7 win I'd get just a little excited!

Im with you there definitely all that beating the Browns will do Thursday night like I said is keep them alive going into the Packers game the following week.

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Im with you there definitely all that beating the Browns will do Thursday night like I said is keep them alive going into the Packers game the following week.

Get past this game then we have a long week to prepare for the Packers. You all think BG from the Raiders picked our secondary apart, AR will destroy them!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2009, 03:55 PM
You can bet your last dollar the Browns will be fired up to play us Thursday. Seeing how bad we are, all the injuries we're dealing with, and the disgruntled locker room, they know they have an excellent chance to make us look even worse Thursday night. Who's to say even if we do win in a blowout, that we are "back" because clearly beating the Browns isn't what one would call a monumental feat by any means. Having said that though, this team needs a win in a worse way and even beating a team full of girl scouts would be an accomplishment.

So yeah, atleast we'll stay alive if we win, for what that's worth.

Captcoolhand
12-07-2009, 03:59 PM
they are out lol, they dont suck but they have some issues for sure. they will NOT make the playoffs, i dont care how much hope you pour into them, and really they dont deserve to make itI said this earlier and cant believe I agree with this guy twice in 1 day but "It is what it is!"

I can see it now, Quinn throws the game winning TD to that rookie Massquia (however you spell it) and Carter will be looking at Mundy thinking , I thought you had him! :duh:

Troyisabeast_43
12-07-2009, 04:06 PM
At this point Ill take Burnett,Lewis,and Mundy starting in this secondary over Gay,Ike,and Carter. I swear they couldnt do anymore worse then what we have put in there now. If we have to hear one more time about somebody missing a call or an assignment at the end of the game I am going to pull my hair out...

Steel Trap86
12-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Steelers might not be seeing the playoffs this season, but they will beat the Browns.

GoBenGo
12-07-2009, 04:10 PM
I like mike. I like our personnell. Did anyone think when THIS schedule came out we would be @ .500. I kind of felt like the opposite would happen. I am real dissapointed thus far. Never saw this on the ol' ouija board.

V_83
12-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Playoffs or not, we HAVE to beat the browns.

steelersbabex25
12-07-2009, 04:13 PM

Definitely. The Cheifs are one thing, the Raiders are another, but the Browns..a division rival, and a bad one at that. Yes if we lose to the Browns, that'll be it.

coldrolled
12-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Brady Quinn is on a leash. The Browns offense will play into the Steeler defensive strengths. I see Quinn taking a beating and their run game being non-existent. Might be a low scoring game, but I don't expect the Browns to score more than 10 points.

Just like last year.

Browns vs arians it was 10-6

GoBenGo
12-07-2009, 05:11 PM

DEFINITELY !!! I can't take a sweep to the bungles and ( best case scenario) a split with the ratbirds combined with any inkling of a loss to the stains. EspeciAlly since we have not negotiated our way through this years schedule with the ease we invisioned in preseason.

J.OTSTOTT
12-07-2009, 05:55 PM
dude the Steelers suck, simple as that. But that does not mean we will next year...but yes I am sorry but the Steelers SUCK!

lloydfan4life
12-07-2009, 07:03 PM
I love the Steelers and I will bleed Black & Gold for as long as I live.... but for you to say the team doesn't suck.... :scratch:..... have you watched the last four games? They Suck. This is a different team than the team from the 05 season. They don't have the fire in their belly that the other team did. This team looks flat, and as KTrain said, they don't deserve to make the playoffs. I don't remember the last time the Steelers looked this lost and out of sync for a four game stretch like this.

I can't believe people are still yapping about the post-season possibilities! :wtf: We better pray they kick *** in Cleveland this week cause if you think losing four in a row is bad wait until we have to endure a whole off-season of hell knowing the Browns made us their bitches. This place is going to have to go on suicide watch.

steelersgal86
12-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I can't believe people are still yapping about the post-season possibilities! :wtf: We better pray they kick *** in Cleveland this week cause if you think losing four in a row is bad wait until we have to endure a whole off-season of hell knowing the Browns made us their bitches. This place is going to have to go on suicide watch.

:ditto: well said :clap:

steelersbabex25
12-07-2009, 07:10 PM
I love the Steelers and I will bleed Black & Gold for as long as I live.... but for you to say the team doesn't suck.... :scratch:..... have you watched the last four games? They Suck. This is a different team than the team from the 05 season. They don't have the fire in their belly that the other team did. This team looks flat, and as KTrain said, they don't deserve to make the playoffs. I don't remember the last time the Steelers looked this lost and out of sync for a four game stretch like this.
I did watch the last 4 games..and I also watched the 8 games before that..where they beat teams like the Chargers and the Vikings..and the Broncos for what it's worth. These is a difference between this team and the team of '05..and it's consistancy. This team isn't consistant. They play well against good teams, and worse against bad teams. That doesn't by any means rule them out of the playoff hunt, regardless of how much I may be critized for saying that. This is my team, and I'll stand by them and keep my hopes up until they're definitely out of the playoffs.

Goodfrom55
12-07-2009, 07:26 PM
They DON'T suck; that is why this is such a hard pill to swallow. However, they must tighten up their secondary and pay attention to their glaring weaknesses on defense.

James Walker of ESPN suggested they will replace Timmos with Fox, citing better defensive play while Fox is in there. I can't argue the point. Timmons is fast, but sometimes looks out of place. Makes you wonder. . .

SteelerRush
12-07-2009, 09:03 PM
They DON'T suck; that is why this is such a hard pill to swallow. However, they must tighten up their secondary and pay attention to their glaring weaknesses on defense.

James Walker of ESPN suggested they will replace Timmos with Fox, citing better defensive play while Fox is in there. I can't argue the point. Timmons is fast, but sometimes looks out of place. Makes you wonder. . .
The team does not Suck. This team lacks leadership. And I don't mean leaders I mean leadership. No one is out there playing with passion on the defensive side except for the usual cast who leads by example. Harrison, Woodly, Townsend, Kiesel and Hampton. None of those guys are verbally leading the others around them none of them are fired up on the sidelines when the defense fails. I don't know what happened to Farrior but isn't his job to relay the plays to everyone on the defense?

steelerschick1220
12-07-2009, 09:10 PM
If they don't beat the Browns, I will quit watching football for the rest of the year.

As for the playoffs, I'll wait and see how Thursday goes. They are going to need some help, but it could happen.

franchise3
12-07-2009, 09:20 PM

I think a lot of times they are out of place because Lebeau gets lost and doesn't give them a call before the play. I honestly think that and I am not bashing Dick but he is getting a little bit old, kind of like Farrior.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-07-2009, 10:42 PM
It wont sink in!

Exactly get over it already......................

One for the thumb
12-07-2009, 10:45 PM
As a fan, you should always have hope. However be realistic. For the Steelers to make the playoffs, We would need to win out and rely on a lot of other decent teams to lose out. Hope is one thing... But be realistic.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-07-2009, 11:52 PM
For starters the pos raving lunatics(also known as the ratbirds)http://www.packerpalace.com/palace/ravelogo.jpg are gettin their *** kicked so, all is not lost??? How the f is that?

Zachintosh66
12-08-2009, 12:01 AM
truth be told... all year the Steelers have played down to their opponents. This Thursday I expect the same. I just hope this time our 4th Quarter lead holds up against this sorry *** team. Hopefully Brady Quinn wont have one of him top 3 performances of the year against us.

Ill be cheering for a win for sure but at this point even if there was a miracle and we made the playoffs I dont know if I could take losing to someone like Jax again.

Next year I expect lots of turnover on our team, I think the Steelers will have A LOT of new faces this time next year...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-08-2009, 08:50 AM
For starters the pos ravens are gettin their *** kicked so, all is not lost???

Now that wasn't very classy.

lloydfan4life
12-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Now that wasn't very classy.

You're absolutely right. He should have said POS Ratbirds.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-08-2009, 09:00 AM
You're absolutely right. He should have said POS Ratbirds.

Much better. Now what you fellas saying about how I wouldn't show my face after a loss?

LatrobePA
12-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Much better. Now what you fellas saying about how I wouldn't show my face after a loss?

Welcome to 6-6 and outside looking in with us!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Welcome to 6-6 and outside looking in with us!

One of our teams will make the playoffs...I'm making the guarantee now. Book it!

LatrobePA
12-08-2009, 09:31 AM
One of our teams will make the playoffs...I'm making the guarantee now. Book it!

By the way our teams looked these last games, I wouldn't be booking a trip to Miami anytime soon! Sorry man, but they don't belong.

Joe looks rattled, and our secondary is sorry!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-08-2009, 09:35 AM
By the way our teams looked these last games, I wouldn't be booking a trip to Miami anytime soon! Sorry man, but they don't belong.

Joe looks rattled, and our secondary is sorry!

I honestly felt bad for Joe last night. For 3 quarters he was throwing good passes to WR that couldn't get separation if their lives depended on it. Looks like he got frustrated at the end and threw some dumb passes. Ozzie Newsome needs to figure out something there...we haven't had a good receiver in forever.

On a sidenote...the Ravens set an NFL record for most pass interference calls (against) in one game...they can pick up their trophy in the men's room.

LatrobePA
12-08-2009, 09:45 AM
I honestly felt bad for Joe last night. For 3 quarters he was throwing good passes to WR that couldn't get separation if their lives depended on it. Looks like he got frustrated at the end and threw some dumb passes. Ozzie Newsome needs to figure out something there...we haven't had a good receiver in forever.

On a sidenote...the Ravens set an NFL record for most pass interference calls (against) in one game...they can pick up their trophy in the men's room.

LOL, I saw that...

franchise3
12-08-2009, 12:00 PM

Well one is for sure. Whoever loses on December 27th is not going but I am pretty sure neither are going...

jackhammer1
12-08-2009, 12:44 PM
The one thing that can kill you in the NFL is injuries. The drop off from the starters to backups is huge {except maybe in William Gay's case} Last year we didn't have these injuries and went to the big dance. I also think the injury to Aaron Smith is much bigger than anyone thinks. He's probably the best run stopper in football. Other teams now are ripping off chunks of yards when they need them, that never happened last year.

igor0190
12-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Yes, we're in a slump right now, no, the team does not suck. There are problems on the team, problems that are obviously costing us games, but they don't suck. Anybody else remember the '05-'06 season when we were 7-5 and needed to win out to make the playoffs, and nobody thought that would happen, but it did. We had problems then too, just like we've had every year, but it still happened. Things can happen in these last few weeks, so don't count any team out of the playoffs until week 17 has been played.

:plus1:

Stlrs4Life
12-08-2009, 08:59 PM
I am also with ktrain.

steelersbabex25
12-08-2009, 09:12 PM
I also think the injury to Aaron Smith is much bigger than anyone thinks. He's probably the best run stopper in football. Other teams now are ripping off chunks of yards when they need them, that never happened last year.

:clap: I agree. Aaron Smith is close to being the most important player on defense, tied with Polamalu I would say. That injury hurt. A lot.

Clevelandsux
12-08-2009, 11:58 PM
This team just doesn't give a ****. There is no reason we should be 6-6. No you can't win the SB every year. I like every Steelers fan is fed up with lackluster and heartless play. We have every right to say they suck. This is unnacceptable. If you accept losing, you become a loser. So I don't want to hear "we're spoiled" etc........

We are not Browns or Bengals fans. We are the Steelers. And there is a level of expectation. This team just won a SB. Why do we have to take a slide every year after we win one? Lack of focus.

They have been an embarrassment this year. Time to play like champions. You don't see teams like the Colts and Pats take nosedives after winning the SB, do ya?

There is just too much talent on this team for them to be 6-6.

DanRooney
12-09-2009, 12:01 AM

Honestly quit bringing that crap up. Sick and tired of the 'you remember the 04-05 season when we won out to get into the playoffs and won the SB.' This team is absolute garbage on STs, the secondary and in coaching. The season is over.

Woodson_DownUnder
12-09-2009, 05:36 AM
Honestly quit bringing that crap up. Sick and tired of the 'you remember the 04-05 season when we won out to get into the playoffs and won the SB.' This team is absolute garbage on STs, the secondary and in coaching. The season is over.

I agree that without some motivation, you don't win 4 in a row plus the play-offs. This team has taken the opposition for granted and is paying the price. I knew at the start of the season, that having such a winnable schedule DOESn't automatically = winning season as health of play-makers is more important than anything. Let's face it, without Aaron Smith and Troy Polamalu, the Steelers are a mere shadow of themselves. This is a team that works together. Our secondary needs an inspiring champion named Troy to lead the way. I haven't seen anything that would change my mind that without Troy, our secondary is worthy of playing for themselves. Miscues from inside the RedZone = no chance of getting a 30+ score to help the D save the game. Collective effort is required against the Browns who can and will score over 20.

Question is whether coming from behind to win is it something I'm comfortable with??? after so many implosions in the past 4 weeks. :thinking:

steelersbabex25
12-09-2009, 02:45 PM
A team that sucks wouldn't be ranked 5th in defense and 7th in offense. They've just had big slip ups at bad times. The Lions suck. The Browns suck. You can't compare the Steelers to those teams.

Clevelandsux
12-09-2009, 04:04 PM
If we lose to the Browns, we suck. We lost to the Bears, Raiders and Chiefs. They suck.

Woodson_DownUnder
12-11-2009, 12:41 AM
A team that sucks wouldn't be ranked 5th in defense and 7th in offense. They've just had big slip ups at bad times. The Lions suck. The Browns suck. You can't compare the Steelers to those teams.

Rankings?? pffft! Take out Troy Polamalu and have Aaron Smith out = 20+ ranking. nothing reassuring especially how the Raiders could go 80+ yards in very little time and score BIG TIME!! That's NOT #7 Defense. As for Offense.. too predictable playcalling... how about the play-action and smashmouth option?? The shotgun was flirting with DANGER and now that makes it 5 consecutive 'self destruction Losses' on playing a totally different style from last season and previous seasons. I'd rather Steelers O be Top 15 ranked with Top RUNNING GAME as the real strength. Take your razzle dazzle plays in the red Zone and FLUSH 'em!! :banging: :evilshake:

NYCsteelersfan
12-11-2009, 01:42 AM

mmmm pass that Kool-Aid, it looks mighty refreshing

Phenomenal TJ
12-11-2009, 07:31 AM

My thoughts exactly.

No it's really an annoyance with the "Mike Tomlin needs to be fired, our defense sucks" comments. Whatever, I spoke my peace.

The Mike Tomlin sucks he needs to be fired one is rather annoying, I'll agree.

Brady Quinn completed six passes against us. :\ He's really a horrible quarterback, well, alright. I'll take that back since the game was in ridiculous weather. I'll give him a mulligan.

What I want to know is how is it that we could stop the Browns runningbacks for the majority of the game but when Cribbs took the snaps, we couldn't stop him? Everyone and their uncle knew what was going to happen when they saw him lining up there.

The team is sucking, period, plain and simple, nobody can deny it. They are most talented 6-6 team I've ever seen yet they play like they don't give a ****. Everybody on that roster, every coach, including Tomlin, is to blame for this slide. Talent obviously isn't enough for this team anymore because they can't overcome themselves, which is a sad state to be in.

There's a quote that I've made it a point to live by ever since my freshman year of wrestling - 'Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.'

Timmons is better in coverage, Fox in run support. With Farrior being a liability in coverage and better than Timmons in run support, I see no reason to have two middle linebackers on the field that can't cover a tight end.

If they don't beat the Browns, I will quit watching football for the rest of the year.

As for the playoffs, I'll wait and see how Thursday goes. They are going to need some help, but it could happen.

Keep me updated on the NBA, will ya?

As a fan, you should always have hope. However be realistic. For the Steelers to make the playoffs, We would need to win out and rely on a lot of other decent teams to lose out. Hope is one thing... But be realistic.

You should always support your team. Hope isn't an option at this point. Unless it's hope that they figured out how to right the ship before the first snap of next season.

mmmm pass that Kool-Aid, it looks mighty refreshing

Forget the Kool-Aid, pass me whatever you're spiking it with.

SnakeEyes43
01-29-2010, 05:49 PM
They don't suck, but they have serious problems. The last three games showed something...but Ben got hurt anyway. So we'll have to wait until next year and see what transitions happen this off-season.