PDA

View Full Version : Ward will most likey be out Thursday!

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Suffered a mild hamstring on the second to last play, not looking good for him...

75Steeler
12-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Great......Always good news with this 209 team!!:banging:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-07-2009, 12:14 PM
These Thursday games are horsechit. No team should be expected to play on 4 days rest. The good news is...if they win, they'll have a lot of time to get healthy before their next game.

floodcitygirl
12-07-2009, 12:16 PM
I've got nothing to say but UUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ibleedblk&gld
12-07-2009, 12:20 PM
link?

Captcoolhand
12-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Coming from a guy who bitched like a bitch when Ben didn't play last week against Baltimore. :evilshake:

I think Terry Bradshaw said it best yesterday, "Half these guys today wouldn't last playing in the 70's. You got hurt back then, they lined you up on the wall, gave you a shot and told you to get your *** out there on the field."

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 12:24 PM
I was watching Tomlins presser online....

Mendy tweaked his ankle, will be fine.
No Troy, Gay will be looked at.
Sweed will get more playing time if Ward can't go...

K Train
12-07-2009, 12:24 PM
yeah well 98% of the guys in the 70s wouldnt be able to keep up with todays athlete so i guess it goes both ways.

all i can say about this is

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Big T
12-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Well if this is what it takes for Limas to get reps, I'm down. I obviously would rather Hines play but maybe a game against the browns is what Limas needs.

lloydfan4life
12-07-2009, 12:35 PM
I think he'll lie to the trainers and tell 'em he's okay to go. :dunno:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Coming from a guy who bitched like a bitch when Ben didn't play last week against Baltimore. :evilshake:

I think Terry Bradshaw said it best yesterday, "Half these guys today wouldn't last playing in the 70's. You got hurt back then, they lined you up on the wall, gave you a shot and told you to get your *** out there on the field."

I get a chuckle out of the old ball players trying to make comparisons to today's game and calling the players soft. I'm thinking there weren't a ton of 280lb defensive ends that benched 400 lbs and ran 4.6 40's back then. I think a number of them need to understand a few physics principles before they talk out of turn...mainly momentum.

p=mv

Steel Trap86
12-07-2009, 12:37 PM
I haven't hear anything about this, you have the link?

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 12:39 PM
I think he'll lie to the trainers and tell 'em he's okay to go. :dunno:

Maybe Ben will call him out in pregame! lol j/k

Moondog
12-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Well if this is what it takes for Limas to get reps, I'm down. I obviously would rather Hines play but maybe a game against the browns is what Limas needs.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw this thread. Hopefully Sweed can gain some confidence.

75Steeler
12-07-2009, 12:45 PM
That's the first thing I thought when I saw this thread. Hopefully Sweed can gain some confidence.

Hopefully Sweed can hold onto the F**kin ball!!!!!

K Train
12-07-2009, 12:49 PM
I get a chuckle out of the old ball players trying to make comparisons to today's game and calling the players soft. I'm thinking there weren't a ton of 280lb defensive ends that benched 400 lbs and ran 4.6 40's back then. I think a number of them need to understand a few physics principles before they talk out of turn...mainly momentum.

p=mv

truth

Captcoolhand
12-07-2009, 12:52 PM

p=mvI guess getting your head taking off by Lambert would be alot easier than having it taken off by Hampton or Smith huh?

Dude, when is the last time you watched a game from the 70's? I don't give a rats *** how big or small you are when a guy is running at you full speed and clothes line you to the ground. Either way your f*cked.
I think the point he was making, you didn't have all these sissy *** rules back then like you do do today in the No Fun League......

K Train
12-07-2009, 01:04 PM
lambert was a smurf compared to todays MLB, RBs would welcome a hit from him as opposed to ray lewis or patrick willis, its just the way it is

full speed today is probably twice as fast and twice as big as full speed 40 years ago...very few players would be able to hang in todays game

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-07-2009, 01:05 PM
I guess getting your head taking off by Lambert would be alot easier than having it taken off by Hampton or Smith huh?

Dude, when is the last time you watched a game from the 70's? I don't give a rats *** how big or small you are when a guy is running at you full speed and clothes line you to the ground. Either way your f*cked.
I think the point he was making, you didn't have all these sissy *** rules back then like you do do today in the No Fun League......

Not saying I'd like to take a hit from either...just saying the hit delivered by the larger body at the greater speed would inflict the most damage. I have no stats on the 40 times and bench press reps from 70's players, but I think we can all agree that players today are faster, bigger, and stronger.

Prosdo
12-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Not the type of news I wanted to hear today. I have faith that Holmes and Wallace will do a good job filling in, but Sweed on the other hand not so much. Hopefully he proves me wrong and has a good game.

Captcoolhand
12-07-2009, 01:09 PM
lambert was a smurf compared to todays MLB, RBs would welcome a hit from him as opposed to ray lewis or patrick willis, its just the way it is

full speed today is probably twice as fast and twice as big as full speed 40 years ago...very few players would be able to hang in todays gameYa you're probably right, they wouldn't know how or put up with all the sissy rules. Just saying.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Ya you're probably right, they wouldn't know how or put up with all the sissy rules. Just saying.

Just found some numbers on Lambert...better than I would have thought.

Height - 6'4"
Weight - 220 lbs
40 time - 4.82

No estimates of max bench press, squat, or dead lift.

Regardless...220 lbs. moving at a speed of 8.30 yards/sec has less momentum than a hit from a 250 lb linebacker moving at a speed of 8.70 yards/sec.

K Train
12-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Ya you're probably right, they wouldn't know how or put up with all the sissy rules. Just saying.

yeah well the lack of sissy rules has alot of those guys all ****ed up now so maybe its not terrible....and the rules arent as sissy as you make them out to be, ok so they cant lead with their helmet and leave their feet in a reckless attempt to kill someone big deal? there are still vicious hits today, the entire rule book might be geared towards offense but the way it is played hasnt changed that much. the only sissy rules i think are anything protecting the QB like they do, the QB slide, and the fair catch. other than that, not hitting someone who is defenseless makes sense to me.

maybe you should go out there and show these sissys how its done tough guy

TampaSteelGirl
12-07-2009, 01:29 PM

Right on Cap!! Tell Ward to suck it up cupcake!!! It's not like he's got a concussion or anything!!!! :OA02:

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Lets see what Sweed can do! Also sounds like we might bring another WR up to active roster for Thursday.

Zachintosh66
12-07-2009, 01:58 PM
:evilshake: the hits just keep coming...

Think we'll re-sign Mcdonald?

TampaSteelGirl
12-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Not saying I'd like to take a hit from either...just saying the hit delivered by the larger body at the greater speed would inflict the most damage. I have no stats on the 40 times and bench press reps from 70's players, but I think we can all agree that players today are faster, bigger, and stronger.

Agreed here!! Look at Troy, he's faster than any SS I've ever heard of...didn't have the study of Kinesiology back in the 70's, he's definately faster and stronger than players of the past. :yellowthumb:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Agreed here!! Look at Troy, he's faster than any SS I've ever heard of...didn't have the study of Kinesiology back in the 70's, he's definately faster and stronger than players of the past. :yellowthumb:

Troy's stats at the combine:

40 time: 4.33 sec
225 pound bench press reps: 25 = approx 1 rep max of 393 lbs.
Weight: 207 lbs.

That is freakish. In theory Troy can potentially hit much harder than Lambert ever did.

Scorp
12-07-2009, 02:12 PM
C'mon Ward, you're a fu-cking warrior, a soldier, a legend, a nightmare on the turf. Hope to see you out there.

K Train
12-07-2009, 02:13 PM
troy maxed out his bench at 410 at the USC pro day and hes more like 217, not 207

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-07-2009, 02:15 PM
troy maxed out his bench at 410 at the USC pro day and hes more like 217, not 207

Just going off numbers posted online. The 207 weight was from his ESPN profile...and the 393 bench was projected from his benching 225 for 25 reps. He also squats about 600 lbs.

TampaSteelGirl
12-07-2009, 02:17 PM

Are you talking about now??? He's talking about at the combine.

K Train
12-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Are you talking about now??? He's talking about at the combine.

out of college, not the combine, the pro day a few weeks later

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-07-2009, 02:26 PM
out of college, not the combine, the pro day a few weeks later

Perhaps he was off-cycle on the creatine the week of the lower weight.

stallworth
12-22-2009, 02:51 AM

I'm still mad at Ward for this