PDA

View Full Version : Please not again Big Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!

playboy pryor
12-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Is it the playcalling or Bg Ben, why does he throw so many int's in the redzone? The Steelers offense seems to always leave points on the field instead on the scoreboard!!!!!!! :rant2:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Ben's stat line from yesterday:

18 for 24, 278 yards, 11.6 ypa, 2 TD, 1 INT, 123.3 QB Rating

Seems like he played pretty well.

steelersgal86
12-07-2009, 09:11 AM
WE NEEDED TO RUN THE BALL MORE......:banging:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-07-2009, 09:30 AM
WE NEEDED TO RUN THE BALL MORE......:banging:

The Raiders took advantage of some flukey plays at the end of the game yesterday. This stuff happens...10-6 is still possible and so are the playoffs.

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Ben has 2 picks this year in the RZ, he went 2 or 3 years with out one....Yes running the ball more in the 2nd quarter would of helped!

--- Added 12/7/2009 at 08:34 AM ---

10-6 is still possible and so are the playoffs.

Delaying the inevitable!!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Ben has 2 picks this year in the RZ, he went 2 or 3 years with out one....Yes running the ball more in the 2nd quarter would of helped!

--- Added 12/7/2009 at 08:34 AM ---

Delaying the inevitable!!

Yeah...from what I've seen, Ben is one of the better QB's in the league when it comes to playing in the redzone.

DanRooney
12-07-2009, 10:10 AM
It was a nice pick. The dude leaped a good 3 feet in the air to get a hand on that and came down right in his lap.

Ben is not the problem. The problem is the defense. If one thing that remains constant, its the Steelers D. Tomlin, the fraud, is taking a big dump on Steeler tradition.

kgreen
12-07-2009, 10:15 AM
It was a nice pick. The dude leaped a good 3 feet in the air to get a hand on that and came down right in his lap.

Ben is not the problem. The problem is the defense. If one thing that remains constant, its the Steelers D. Tomlin, the fraud, is taking a big dump on Steeler tradition.

Well the D is suspect without Troy (which should not happen) and Bruce Arians has a playbook the size of my middle school history binder. That guy has no imagination, no logic or intelligence. He is like Jim Zorn, he cannot handle a higher role than a lower assistant. He is just not smart enough. He should still be coaching the WRs cause he was really good at that. Give Tomlin more time man, this is just his third year.

TampaSteelGirl
12-07-2009, 10:16 AM
well I think Ben did pretty well yesterday except for the unfortunate INT in the end zone but I don't think he saw that defender to the left of Hines...he was in too much of a hurry to get the 6, his bad for sure but he was pretty solid most of the game...our offense wasn't that bad really it's the defense and our secondary stunk up the joint! Those 2 drives with 2 plays each and 14 points fantastic! ...can't ask for 2 drives to be any better....fact is our defense didn't play 100% and that's what killed us...Jeff Reed's miss at 53 yrs, can't really fault him for that but our defense was our downfall yesterday, I will say this the play calling at times again was questionable and especially after the 2 minute warning...I'm not even a coach and I can see you run the ball and burn up as much time as you can...why the hell would you hurry down field and score and give the Raiders the ball back when our secondary couldn't stop my toddler!!!! Remember the Bengals game and how they ran and ran the ball and burned so much time we could not get the ball back.....smart coaching :imho:

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 10:16 AM

When our O is going 3 and out every other series that is also a problem!

playboy pryor
12-07-2009, 10:23 AM

how is Mike Tomlin a fraud? when u win , everybody loves u!, and when u lose they hate u! give him a year or two, then we can see if he is a fraud:duh:

Mike Tomlin
12-07-2009, 10:24 AM
At first I thought it was the playcalling then I realized that every game after the bears I expected Ben to throw one really game changing pick per game. It seems like everyone we play expect it too. They play conservative and wait for Ben to turn the ball over because at some point in the game he will. It reminds me of that year when Maddox would take us up and down the field and either turn the ball over or get sacked out of field goal range. Everyone can blame the D but if we had of taken advantage of those redzone oppurtunities the 4th wouldn't have mattered. You can say that about every game this year. You can blame the coaches but the coaches job is to put players in the position to win games. What game have we not either been up in the fourth or not had oppurtunties to win the game? Ben has got to step up and make better decisions in the redzone. I always see Peyton and Brady check to a run but Ben rarely every checks to a run when calling the plays.

playboy pryor
12-07-2009, 10:30 AM
At first I thought it was the playcalling then I realized that every game after the bears I expected Ben to throw one really game changing pick per game. It seems like everyone we play expect it too. They play conservative and wait for Ben to turn the ball over because at some point in the game he will. It reminds me of that year when Maddox would take us up and down the field and either turn the ball over or get sacked out of field goal range. Everyone can blame the D but if we had of taken advantage of those redzone oppurtunities the 4th wouldn't have mattered. You can say that about every game this year. You can blame the coaches but the coaches job is to put players in the position to win games. What game have we not either been up in the fourth or not had oppurtunties to win the game? Ben has got to step up and make better decisions in the redzone. I always see Peyton and Brady check to a run but Ben rarely every checks to a run when calling the plays.

i agree with u 100% :cope:

Scorp
12-07-2009, 10:39 AM
how is Mike Tomlin a fraud? when u win , everybody loves u!, and when u lose they hate u! give him a year or two, then we can see if he is a fraud:duh:

Win lose or tie i never hate my team or call any of them frauds. Don't think you're suppose to do that. This just isn't our season, i'll admit to that. And like i said we can't win them all.

Goodfrom55
12-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Ben is the type of QB that doesn't take "no" for an answer (no pun on his legal situation intended). He tries to make something out of nothing and is usually successful. No complaints - the offense did their job yesterday. 24 points at home should beat most teams in the NFL.

steelersbabex25
12-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Ben is the type of QB that doesn't take "no" for an answer (no pun on his legal situation intended).
too soon hahaha.

But in all seriousness, I'd rather have a quarterback like Ben that moves around and tries to extend plays than a quarterback who throws the ball away at the first sign of trouble.

steelerschick1220
12-07-2009, 09:27 PM
With Ben, he will do some really great plays and then he'll do something that will make you go, "Dude???? WTF????" I suppose I can live with a bonehead play or two because I feel that 9 times out of 10 he'll come through and totally make up for it.

franchise3
12-07-2009, 09:31 PM
With Ben, he will do some really great plays and then he'll do something that will make you go, "Dude???? WTF????" I suppose I can live with a bonehead play or two because I feel that 9 times out of 10 he'll come through and totally make up for it.

Yeah, I agree with you. But this is exactly what BA says so I try to avoid saying it because I couldn't stand myself agreeing with BA

Goodfrom55
12-07-2009, 10:10 PM

Agreed. Wouldn't trade Ben for any QB in the league - even Pumpkinhead Manning.

It's kind of like when Heath drops a pass . . you're in disbelief, but you know he'll make up for it.

scott0326
12-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Ben's stat line from yesterday:

18 for 24, 278 yards, 11.6 ypa, 2 TD, 1 INT, 123.3 QB Rating

Seems like he played pretty well.

While yes, the stats look impressive Ben threw a HUGE INT in the red zone that cost the Steelers 3-7 points, which as we know was the difference in the game. Oh and on another red zone possession, he slipped on a QB sneak on 4th and 1, not exactly the most productive game in the red zone for Ben.

Mike Tomlin
12-08-2009, 01:33 AM
While yes, the stats look impressive Ben threw a HUGE INT in the red zone that cost the Steelers 3-7 points, which as we know was the difference in the game. Oh and on another red zone possession, he slipped on a QB sneak on 4th and 1, not exactly the most productive game in the red zone for Ben.

I swear stats are misleading, that's why I always evaluate by what I see. You have to evaluate the whole game not just what happened at the end or stats.

GoBenGo
12-08-2009, 01:59 AM
me. I root for ben. He is the best we have had since TB. And he is probably top four in league now. If not the number one qb otp (other than Peyton ). Those of you quick to criticize must not have live through Maddox and tomczak, Stewart , odonnell, etc:nono::imho: