PDA

View Full Version : 10th seed right now...

LatrobePA
12-06-2009, 09:20 PM
That's where we are, so you guys can stop talking playoffs it's over!

TampaSteelGirl
12-06-2009, 09:35 PM
That's where we are, so you guys can stop talking playoffs it's over!

I agree...not being a downer just being realistic...playing the way we've been playing the last 4 games even IF we had gotten in the playoffs we aren't playing the caliber of football we need to beat the Vikings again, the Colts or the Saints...just not in the cards the year...

Steel Trap86
12-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Ya **** watching the games we should all just listen to you from now on.

SteelerRush
12-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I agree we do not belong in the playoffs but you know we have a lot of talent on this team and it is not totally out of the question that we make the playoffs only unlikely. If and that is a big if we can somehow turn it around we still have winnable games. With a little help from other teams we still have a shot. I will still be cheering for them come Thursday.:cope:

TampaSteelGirl
12-06-2009, 09:43 PM

:wtf:

steelersgal86
12-06-2009, 09:53 PM
I agree we do not belong in the playoffs but you know we have a lot of talent on this team and it is not totally out of the question that we make the playoffs only unlikely. If and that is a big if we can somehow turn it around we still have winnable games. With a little help from other teams we still have a shot. I will still be cheering for them come Thursday.:cope:

:iagree: no matter what...I will still be behind my team cheering them on Thursday :gosteelers:

TampaSteelGirl
12-06-2009, 09:55 PM
:iagree: no matter what...I will still be behind my team cheering them on Thursday :gosteelers:

Yea i'm pissed today....just give me a couple days to cool down and i'll feel the same! :hehheh:

LatrobePA
12-06-2009, 10:10 PM

You should I called this one mid week....Look I'm a born and raised Steelers fan, but this year is painful! 6-2 to 6-6, SB champs to SB chumps!!

Don't think I won't be cheering them on the remaining of this season, I've just faced the facts as some of you should!!

TampaSteelGirl
12-06-2009, 10:17 PM
You should I called this one mid week....Look I'm a born and raised Steelers fan, but this year is painful! 6-2 to 6-6, SB champs to SB chumps!!

Don't think I won't be cheering them on the remaining of this season, I've just faced the facts as some of you should!!

THe thing is....this Steelers team has given us nothing. It's not that we won't be cheering them on each week but everyone needs to face reality that we probably won't make the playoffs...if we do then we seriously need Jesus because without him we aren't going anywhere....but I would love to be proven wrong here! :yesnod:

BlackGold4vr
12-06-2009, 10:23 PM
At this point wins will only serve to screw you out of draft positions. The only game that I see left on the schedule that we might win is on Thursday against the Browns. I just hope that if we manage to squeak a game out against the Browns this team won't think they got their swagger back.

As of right now we would pick 15th in the draft. 17 teams would be picking behind us. That should tell you a little something about where we are at. I think we have a shot at moving even further up the draft board. Maybe 12th??? :thinking:

steelerschick1220
12-06-2009, 10:25 PM
As pissed as I've been since about four this afternoon, I'll be here cheering them on Thursday and I am sure by Tuesday or so, I'll have myself talked into not giving up on the playoffs quite yet. I am an optimist by nature, so no matter how down I may be now, I'll always find the bright spot. I'm still searching for the bright spot in this. A little help finding it would be greatly appreciated.

LatrobePA
12-06-2009, 10:28 PM
As pissed as I've been since about four this afternoon, I'll be here cheering them on Thursday and I am sure by Tuesday or so, I'll have myself talked into not giving up on the playoffs quite yet. I am an optimist by nature, so no matter how down I may be now, I'll always find the bright spot. I'm still searching for the bright spot in this. A little help finding it would be greatly appreciated.

The only team in the league with 6 rings! :banana:

BlackGold4vr
12-06-2009, 10:35 PM

Their called Draft picks. The draft is designed to help the bad teams get better and the good teams to come back down to earth. Last year our first pick came at 32 and the next at 79th. So out of the top 78 players we got one. This year if we pick 12th we would get 3 in the top 76. That is a big difference in the quality of the entire draft. Just got to make sure that each pick is a quality player that will contribute right away.

TampaSteelGirl
12-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Their called Draft picks. The draft is designed to help the bad teams get better and the good teams to come back down to earth. Last year our first pick came at 32 and the next at 79th. So out of the top 78 players we got one. This year if we pick 12th we would get 3 in the top 76. That is a big difference in the quality of the entire draft. Just got to make sure that each pick is a quality player that will contribute right away.

We are playing this year with alot of the guys we won SB with...draft picks from this year don't seem to have too much to do with our horrible losses...we have more than enough quality players...they just aren't play quality football.:imho:

SteelCityKid5
12-06-2009, 10:54 PM
I think collectively as a group, we wouldnt not cheer for them on Thursday. I know most of the people on here are die hards, haha and not just figuratively. Yes, it sucks that we are a 6-6 football team just coming off winning a Super Bowl but, I dont know what Id do without this organization. They fill my void every Sunday (and Mon, Thur, sometime Sat) from the mundane of the week. If you honestly reflect, it could be much worse i.e Rams, Lions, Browns etc etc. So through thick and thin we will all be there for this team whether positively or negatively.

BlackGold4vr
12-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Of course we will still be cheering for this team. But that doesn't mean that we aren't extremely dissappointed with the under-achieving team we have this year. The talent is still there but they aren't playing Steeler football. I can only hope that there will be a shake-up with the players and the coaching staff this year. I am not ready to give up on Tomlin this fast. Cowher had plenty of down years too and it took him 14 years to win a SB. I think there will be very few secure jobs going into next years camp.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Of course I will be rooting for the Steelers but at this point I could careless if they won a game the rest of the away....You have to remember some fans like me and 4ver think long term for this team.....The Steelers are never major players in the free agency so they do rely on the draft to retool the roster.....so one losing season wouldn't be such a bad thing......Hey 2003 the Steelers were 6-10 and were able to draft Big Ben the next year......Hey filled a huge need at QB since Bradshaw retired and two Super Bowls after wards just shows the Steelers can bounce back after one losing season if they can land some major talent at areas of need in the drat....

Plus there is some key free agents next year and some aging players that need to replaced......So 6-10 doesn't sound so bad right now....lol

HUNT4SEVEN
12-07-2009, 12:15 AM
At this point wins will only serve to screw you out of draft positions. The only game that I see left on the schedule that we might win is on Thursday against the Browns. I just hope that if we manage to squeak a game out against the Browns this team won't think they got their swagger back.

As of right now we would pick 15th in the draft. 17 teams would be picking behind us. That should tell you a little something about where we are at. I think we have a shot at moving even further up the draft board. Maybe 12th??? :thinking:

I agree, plus i don't want us in the playoffs especially if were gonna preform like we have the last 4 weeks.......I love my Steelers this just isn't our year, But next year with a new OC, OL an ST coaches an some good draft picks hopefully:crossfingers: we will be better an will get back to the superbowl, this team doesn't have the hunger the 70's teams had to repeat.....

BlackGold4vr
12-07-2009, 07:44 AM
I agree, plus i don't want us in the playoffs especially if were gonna preform like we have the last 4 weeks.......I love my Steelers this just isn't our year, But next year with a new OC, OL an ST coaches an some good draft picks hopefully:crossfingers: we will be better an will get back to the superbowl, this team doesn't have the hunger the 70's teams had to repeat.....

Its got nothing to do with hunger. Talent level is the difference. How many HOF were on those 70's teams. What was their weakness? They really had no weaknesses and they NEVER lost to the **** teams. They crushed them! I think the biggest difference is that those teams consistently won the battles in the trenches on both defense and offense. This team can't say that. Hopefully a good draft can help rectify that.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2009, 08:48 AM
This is the issue that has plagued this team since Cowher started; we're always just good enough each year to screw ourselves out of good draft picks to rebuild this team. Then the off years when we really do suck, we're able to take advantage and retool the roster. Nobody wants us to do bad, nobody is going to cheer for us to lose the rest of our games, we're Steeler fans and we don't cheer to lose. Having said that though, this team is in need of fresh talent, young blood at key positions, and if it takes a reality check like we had in 2003 to get it fixed, then we'll just have to suck it up and deal with it. The team isn't going to roll over and die, we all know that, but the way they are playing if a neutral fan would be watching they would think otherwise, IMO.

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Only a Browns fan would jump ship, this is my team! But you have to be honest to yourself, we aren't going to make the PO's unless we get some serious help.

Blazedby92
12-07-2009, 08:59 AM

Of course I will be rooting for the Steelers but at this point I could careless if they won a game the rest of the away....You have to remember some fans like me and 4ver think long term for this team.....The Steelers are never major players in the free agency so they do rely on the draft to retool the roster.....so one losing season wouldn't be such a bad thing......Hey 2003 the Steelers were 6-10 and were able to draft Big Ben the next year......Hey filled a huge need at QB since Bradshaw retired and two Super Bowls after wards just shows the Steelers can bounce back after one losing season if they can land some major talent at areas of need in the drat....

Plus there is some key free agents next year and some aging players that need to replaced......So 6-10 doesn't sound so bad right now....lol

:thinking:EXACTLY, LONG TERM. :popcorn:waiting for the draft

BlackGold4vr
12-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Only a Browns fan would jump ship, this is my team! But you have to be honest to yourself, we aren't going to make the PO's unless we get some serious help.

I don't think anybody is jumping ship but at this point you have to begin thinking about next year. What can this team do to improve next year? Well, the Steelers have always built through the draft. The higher up the draft order we pick the better off we'll be in getting what we need to fix this ship. Right now we're taking on water fast and bailing it out with a shot glass.

:badday:

StlersGuy
12-07-2009, 11:18 AM
No questions we are in a MUST win for the rest of the year... 10-6 I feel would give us a wildcard spot, however even with that we still need somethings to happen...

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Stop the crazy talk! We needed to win out starting yesterday, it didn't happen we lost to the Raiders!

Captcoolhand
12-07-2009, 11:26 AM
I think our season is pretty much sealed already, Especially if Baltimore wins tonight.

StlersGuy
12-07-2009, 11:27 AM
I think our season is pretty much sealed already, Especially if Baltimore wins tonight.

I dont see the Rats going into GB and doing that

JensK
12-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I dont see the Rats going into GB and doing that

I did not see us loosing to KC or raiders :P All other records doesnt really matter at this point. We are not in shape to win against Ravens, Packers or Dolphins right now - Then the other teams can loose all they want...

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
I did not see us loosing to KC or raiders :P All other records doesnt really matter at this point. We are not in shape to win against Ravens, Packers or Dolphins right now - Then the other teams can loose all they want...

Thank you!!! Wake up people.....Draft day can't get here soon enough!!

TampaSteelGirl
12-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Stop the crazy talk! We needed to win out starting yesterday, it didn't happen we lost to the Raiders!

Yep!!! :yesnod:

75Steeler
12-07-2009, 12:32 PM
This is not a ****** football team. There is a ton of talent on this team. I just don't understand why they can't close the deal in games against teams that they should beat without a problem. If it takes bringing old man Rooney back from Ireland to put a foot in someone's *** then do it. Evidently Coach Omar Epps isn't bringing enough hell to the locker room. :evilshake:

Moondog
12-07-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't have the mentality to think about next year, it's the 2009 season, I think never say die. It's not over until Fat Casey sings. Any team with an ounce of self respect will go out with guns blazing. Win or die trying. If this team is thinking like some of the posters on this thread then they are already dead in the water.

Captcoolhand
12-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Link..... (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/6468/steelers-d-melts-in-pittsburgh) ESPN

At the very least, Pittsburgh has to win its final four games to finish 10-6 with a shot at the playoffs. But the way the Steelers are playing, suddenly going on a four-game winning streak is a very tall task.

And 10 wins doesnít even guarantee Pittsburgh a chance to defend its championship. The Steelers probably will need a lot of help.

The Denver Broncos (8-4) and Jacksonville Jaguars (7-5) currently hold the two wild cards in the AFC. The Baltimore Ravens (6-5) also have a chance to help their chances Monday night in a key game against the Green Bay Packers (7-4). The Miami Dolphins (6-6) and New York Jets (6-6) are in the mix, making for a crowded field where a lot has to go right for Pittsburgh in the final month.

If the Steelers donít make the playoffs, it would be one of the most disappointing seasons for Pittsburgh in recent memory. How they found themselves in that position would be a question the Steelers would ponder all offseason.

Pittsburgh has a talented roster that was good enough to beat the Broncos, San Diego Chargers (9-3) and Minnesota Vikings (10-2). But the Steelers also were inconsistent enough to lose to the lowly Raiders and Kansas City Chiefs (3-9) during a four-game skid. And if if think they have any chances of returning to the SuperBowl, they would have to win the next 7 games......:duh:

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 01:45 PM
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23115

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Wow ESPN really broke a big story here. They could have saved themselves some time and just posted a link to the standings. Hard to believe it's that slow of a news day with the baseball ownership meetings going on.

TampaSteelGirl
12-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Cripes how many f*ckin times is this going to be rehashed!!!!!!!! No sh*t Sherlock!!! Shoulda, woulda, coulda ya think????? :banging:

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Cripes how many f*ckin times is this going to be rehashed!!!!!!!! No sh*t Sherlock!!! Shoulda, woulda, coulda ya think????? :banging:

LOL, here's another link just incase you all still think we stand a chance to make the post season:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d814c39f4&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Scorp
12-07-2009, 01:53 PM

Easy there tiger. :cursin:

Captcoolhand
12-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Easy there tiger. :cursin:Ya, for real!

TampaSteelGirl
12-07-2009, 01:55 PM
LOL, here's another link just incase you all still think we stand a chance to make the post season:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d814c39f4&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Got any more??? :grin1: Ya know i'm with you on this buddy!! :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Got any more??? :grin1: Ya know i'm with you on this buddy!! :yellowthumb:

No I just used my office sissors to slice my wrists!

Captcoolhand
12-07-2009, 01:58 PM
I don't think they will make the Play-offs they don't deserve too. They can just play spoiler now.....Just like the Ravens will be playing tonight for.

steelerschick1220
12-07-2009, 09:33 PM
The only team in the league with 6 rings! :banana:
Ah, yep, bright spot there you are!!!!!!!!!