PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin

jpele
12-06-2009, 08:59 PM
I said last week that Tomlin lost the locker room. I stand by what I said. for several week now ,different players have been stating their dissatisfaction with the coaching .

After last week loss to the Ravens ,Tomlin promised to unleash hell on the league,I didn't notice any player stepping up to cover his back.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Only think that will save Tomlin for some time is that Super Bowl win and the Rooney's always staying patient with a HC.......But I'm starting to have some doubts about Tomlin....He has made some horrible decisions as HC this year.....Kicking that 53 yard field goal was retarded......

jpele
12-06-2009, 09:05 PM
I don't have a link, but I read on another board Ed Bouchette has reported that the FO is unhappy with some of the coaches , and heads will roll this off season.

LatrobePA
12-06-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't have a link, but I read on another board Ed Bouchette has reported that the FO is unhappy with some of the coaches , and heads will roll this off season.

Good! Clean house.....:greenbounce2:

Steel Trap86
12-06-2009, 09:30 PM
This is the same coach that won the Superbowl 10 months ago and everybody here was washing his dick. 4 losses isn't going to get him fired, Tomlin isn't going anywhere guys, neither is Arians. No point in protesting. This team finishes 9-7 it's still considered a winning season. Mike Tomlin will be a Steeler for years to come.

SteelerRush
12-06-2009, 09:36 PM
I still believe Tomlin is a good coach and has an understanding with his players but with that said I think he needs to get involved with the offensive side of the ball like he did with the special teams. He cannot continue to stand on the side and let Arians run this offense into the ground no matter what the Quarterback says. Maybe Charlie Batch should call the plays.....

jpele
12-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Mike Tomlin will be a Steeler for years to come.

No doubt about that,Art Rooney hired him but he will tell him to make changes in his staff. Dan did it to Chuck Noll.

SteelerRush
12-06-2009, 09:44 PM
No doubt about that,Art Rooney hired him but he will tell him to make changes in his staff. Dan did it to Chuck Noll.
two changes Offensive coordinator and special teams coach and maybe the secondary coach because I don't see any improvement with that group.

SteelCityKid5
12-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Tomlin... 2 years so far as coach ... 2 winning seasons with a Super Bowl (I cant count this year cause it isnt over yet). I know the NFL stands for Not For Long but come on people, he wont be going anywhere anytime soon. I agree, tweak some of the coordinators (offense & special teams). I still dont see the FO or Tomlin doing this because we had the success of last year and as Ive said before Ben loves Arians. Its sadly something we all will have to muddle through. I hope changes come this offseason cause we do need a change as of right now.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-07-2009, 12:18 AM

This will make me happy:clap::clap: we need CHANGE........

Steel Trap86
12-07-2009, 12:30 AM
two changes Offensive coordinator and special teams coach and maybe the secondary coach because I don't see any improvement with that group.

I agree with this, if Tomlin isn't going to make any coaching changes then he needs to get more involved.

franchise3
12-07-2009, 07:38 AM
The first time I ever questioned this man was during the post game interview yesterday. Question was something along the lines of: "Were you debating about Reed's FG?"
And he said something like: "No, not at all, we believe that he can make it based on his pregame". There has never been a FG longer than 51 yards at Heinz Field and you let Reed kick at OPEN side of the stadium a 53 yard FG WITHOUT THINKING TWICE ABOUT IT???? This just shows that he is so lost and confused this season that he is obviously not thinking clearly.

DanRooney
12-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Tomlin... 2 years so far as coach ... 2 winning seasons with a Super Bowl (I cant count this year cause it isnt over yet). I know the NFL stands for Not For Long but come on people, he wont be going anywhere anytime soon. I agree, tweak some of the coordinators (offense & special teams). I still dont see the FO or Tomlin doing this because we had the success of last year and as Ive said before Ben loves Arians. Its sadly something we all will have to muddle through. I hope changes come this offseason cause we do need a change as of right now.

William Gay...two years so far at CB. 2 winning seasons with a Super Bowl. Is he still your boy?

Tomlin is a fraud. Go watch his uninspired press conference where he doesn't even address that ****** *** secondary. That is all.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2009, 08:27 AM
We've already got a thread about the whole unleashing hell thing so I'm not going to comment on that here.

Art II needs to force Tomlin's hand and get us some new coaches for next season. Tomlin himself needs to step in and stop letting everyone just coach whatever they want; if we had an OC that could consistently call a good game then things would be different. Tomlin can't possibly be this blind, to not see the disaster that our offense has become. Kicking a 53 yd FG in Heinz is a stupid thing to try unless you absolutely have too, because nobody ever makes them...I mean seriously here it's not rocket science.

As far as the locker room goes, the Steelers have always prided themselves on having a unified, us against the world, type of locker room mentality, but this year is different. I don't care what the players say, what Tomlin says, this locker room isn't stupid and maybe it's about time they start saying what's on their mind because it's obvious somebody has too. I don't condone the media getting involved in locker room issues because the majority of the time it's a bad idea, but too much has gone south at this point already for it get any worse.

Blazedby92
12-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Tomlin is a fraud. Go watch his uninspired press conference where he doesn't even address that ****** *** secondary. That is all.

What were you saying last year at this time:nono:. There are somethngs you can fix during the seasons and some you can't and this you can't once you start firing cooridinators in the middle of the season you pretty much are giving up on the season lets wait til the off season and then I will pass judgement on the HC. The thing I would do now maybe is start seeing what we got in the draft and let them see some more playing time. The season is over even if we make the playoffs we don't deserve to be there.

Looking forward to the draft now.

GO SAINTS!!!!!!!

Ambridge
12-07-2009, 09:14 AM
I like Tomlin but I've always had my suspicions about him....at the core I think he's a soft minded football coach.

IMO he Inherited a solid football team left behind by Bill Cowher and deserves some credit for being smart enough to know that he couldn't come in and start making wholesale changes.
Last year the Stars Aligned Perfectly for the Steelers and all Tomlin had to do was enjoy the ride.
Now the Steelers are in a situation or should I say have been in a situation for the last 4 games where Tomlin looks absolutely "Clueless" as how to deal with the situation that has been dealt to him and the team.

LatrobePA
12-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Lets not forget Tomlin came into this job with a good team already in place. Not saying what he did last year wasn't impressive, but that was last year!

When you go on record saying what he said then come out and lay an egg you deserve to be blasted!

bla bla bla he wasn't on the field bla bla!! The dude runs the show! Not one carry for Mendy in the 2nd quarter, explain how you let this happen, the dude just ripped off a 60 yarder. We should of tried running the ball into the endzone then maybe Ben wouldn't of had the chance to throw a pick! Oh and maybe we'd won this game!! Just saying!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2009, 09:28 AM
This is where Tomlin will earn his paycheck, and we will see if he's actually capable of being a true NFL head coach. He talks alot, just like Cowher, and says the right thing most of the time, but so far this year he's not been able to back it up at all. Even during that 5 game winning streak we were on to get to 6-2, we weren't exactly dominating anybody. If Tomlin doesn't step in and fix this team, we're in all kinds of trouble, even more than we already are.

This whole Hines/Ben, concussion issue still stinks of BS, if you ask me. Listening to Tomlin on sirius the week after it happened, he basically said he was moving on and just pushing this under the rug. He tried to say it was taken out of context, then Adam Schein called him in it, then he tried to dance around the issue. He should have said, "look, Hines said some things I wish he wouldn't have, I have talked to him and will continue to do so and make sure this gets fixed", instead of this BS he spewed out about players fixing it themselves and it being nothing to worry about. You're the freekin coach man, use your power and get this locker room squared away before you lose them completely. There's a time when you let players work out their own issues, and then there's times when you step in. It's not like this just happened out of the blue, the STeelers don't start pointing fingers at each other over night, it's painfully obvious this has been building all year.

coldrolled
12-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Lets not forget Tomlin came into this job with a good team already in place. Not saying what he did last year wasn't impressive, but that was last year!

When you go on record saying what he said then come out and lay an egg you deserve to be blasted!

bla bla bla he wasn't on the field bla bla!! The dude runs the show! Not one carry for Mendy in the 2nd quarter, explain how you let this happen, the dude just ripped off a 60 yarder. We should of tried running the ball into the endzone then maybe Ben wouldn't of had the chance to throw a pick! Oh and maybe we'd won this game!! Just saying!!!

I called for Arians to go the day after the Superbowl....

But i guess we needed to punish ourselves first.

I will say Arians is fired at the end of this year... i have the feeling it will happen quickly. one year late but it will happen.

And noone will hire him again.

Tomlin is fine.

DanRooney
12-07-2009, 10:07 AM
What were you saying last year at this time:nono:. There are somethngs you can fix during the seasons and some you can't and this you can't once you start firing cooridinators in the middle of the season you pretty much are giving up on the season lets wait til the off season and then I will pass judgement on the HC. The thing I would do now maybe is start seeing what we got in the draft and let them see some more playing time. The season is over even if we make the playoffs we don't deserve to be there.

Looking forward to the draft now.

GO SAINTS!!!!!!!

Last year we weren't losing to the worst teams in the league with the talent we have on offense and defense.

kgreen
12-07-2009, 10:08 AM
William Gay...two years so far as coach. 2 winning seasons with a Super Bowl. Is he still your boy?

Press conferences mean nothing. Just watch anything on Chuck Noll. That guy never gave away ANY info during his press conferences. To Chuck, Mike would be giving away too much info. No Tomlin is fine he just needs to take command of this team. If it is true that the front office wants some assistants gone, then that is great. We can hire an offensive coordinator that has an imagination, a DB coach that can make Gay at least halfway decent and a tough Oline coach that can turn these big babies we have into monsters.