PDA

View Full Version : Cowher set to make $8-10 Mil Per Year?

Iron City South
11-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Holy hell, do you think Snyder would be F'ed up enough to pay Cowher this type of JACK? .... I don't put much stock into PFT, but let's be honest ... Snyder was been known to make pie in the sky deals like this in the past. Cowher would be a fool to turn this kind of gravy down knowing he's at a point in his career where he wants to pad his pocketbook a little before retirement. There's no way Rooney even comes close to this .... or wants to.

:happythanksgiving:

Porter says Cowher will coach the Steelers next season
By Mike Bires - Times Sports Staff

PITTSBURGH - Linebacker Joey Porter said Wednesday that he expects Bill Cowher to be back coaching the Steelers next year and beyond.

Porter was asked about Cowher's status because of the uncertainly of Cowher's future. There have been rumors running rampant about where Cowher may end up if he decides to leave the Steelers after this season or next.

Cowher's current contract runs through the 2007 season. But even Cowher himself admitted before the '06 season started that he's "taking it year to year."

"I can't see him doing anything differently," Porter said. "If he's coaching football, it has to be here."

The latest Cowher rumor making the rounds comes courtesy of an Internet web site - Pro Football Talk - that speculates Cowher could wind up coaching the Washington Redskins as early as next year. That rumor suggests that Redskins owner Daniel Snyder would be willing to pay Cowher between $8-10 million a year. Cowher reportedly makes close to $4 million per year with the Steelers.

Last week, there were rumors circulating in Cleveland that Browns owner Randolph Lerner might try to woo Cowher into coaching his team. And because Cowher purchased a $2.5 million luxury home in Raleigh, N.C., earlier this year, there's speculation that he might coach at North Carolina State University, his alma mater.

Negotiations between Cowher's agent and the Steelers regarding a contract extension broke off this summer, prompting team president Art Rooney II to announce that further talks would wait until after this season.

House of Steel
11-23-2006, 03:51 PM
You've got to be kidding me to bring something of this calibur up. This would make my heart sink.

SteelersfaninPhilly
11-23-2006, 04:08 PM
That rumor has been out there for months. While PFT does usual post trash. Keep in mind Synder does have a habit of overpaying for coaches and players.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2006, 10:40 PM
PFT is the most worthless bunch of **** Ive ever seen. If Cowher does anything next it's either going to be coaching this team or retiring. Hey won't go anywhere else...you bank on that !

SteelCityMan786
11-23-2006, 10:45 PM
We should be worrying more about winning sunday's game then 2007.

House of Steel
11-23-2006, 11:27 PM
AMEN!!! I hate gossip sites on football.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2006, 11:58 PM
:iagree: :iagree:

I just can't stand PFT, they're "sources" that come up with this stuff is ridiculous !

House of Steel
11-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Just like the fact of the rumor about the Steelers going after Randy Moss and Jerry Porter. I say :bigfinger: PFT.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-24-2006, 12:37 AM
Exactly !! Anyone that can write such a ludicrous article as that has zero credibility in my book !

Koopa
11-24-2006, 12:58 AM
i don't care how much he gets paid just as long as he isn't sporting steelers gear, he is the true reason this team sucks......his conservative play calling has never won a damn thing, then he finally lets ken take over and we win it all, then he takes over again and we suck ***, his heart isn't in football anymore though so he'll retire and not go to the redskins or any other team for at least a year or 2

Friday133
11-24-2006, 09:04 AM
i dunno, sometimes PFT is right on the mark. as far as cowher is concerned, he's gone next year IMO.

SteelerDan43
11-24-2006, 01:16 PM
The only other team I could imagine him coaching would be NC State but even that is iffy

BlitzburghRockCity
11-24-2006, 06:23 PM
The more I think about this the more there's just no way I can see BC doing anything but retiring or coming back to Pittsburgh. Now after he's retired for a couple years maybe he comes back and coaches NC State or some other college team or maybe he comes back to the NFL but it's not like BC needs the money here or anything right now and it just makes no sense to leave Pittsburgh where the Rooney's love him and where he's had so much success to go somewhere and have to start over even for more money.