PDA

View Full Version : Steelers/Ratbirds thrive on hatred

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2006, 01:12 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06327/740767-66.stm

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Sunday won't be a game between two teams that just don't like each other. Hate is more like it when the Steelers and Baltimore Ravens get together twice annually.

"The coaches hate each other, the players hate each other," Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward said, almost gleefully.

"There's no calling each other after the game and inviting each other out to dinner. But the feeling's mutual: They don't like us, and we don't like them. There's no need to hide it, they know it, and we know it. It's going to be one of those black and blue games."

Ward said Baltimore is the only team in the NFL he hates. Not even Cincinnati evokes such a strong emotion. "No, I like those guys," Ward said.

Ravens coach Brian Billick thinks Ward went too far to describe the rivalry.

"Hatred is a little strong," Billick said. "I think there is a huge amount of respect that I have alluded to many times. As heated as this game gets -- and it gets heated -- two seconds after it is over and once the players come together, watch them interact with one another.

"I think hate is a little strong of a word, but it is a pretty strong emotion from the kickoff to the last down."

The chairmen of the emotional boards have been linebackers Joey Porter of the Steelers and Ray Lewis of the Ravens. It reached a pinnacle in the 2003 opener at Heinz Field, even though Porter did not play after he was shot in the rear end the previous week. Lewis mocked Porter's famous boot after making a play in a 34-15 Steelers victory. Porter was so incensed he tried to call Lewis off the Ravens' bus afterward.

The two have made up.

"Whatever happens out there happens, but afterward I have no problem with him," Porter said. "We buried the hatchet awhile back. On game day, I don't know what might happen."

Lewis missed the past two games with a back injury and is listed as questionable for the Sunday game against the Steelers.

"I know he had that planned, to sit out so he would be ready for this one," Porter said. "If there's one game you want to be back for, you want to be back for this rivalry game because it's always a close game and it means a lot when us two hook up."

Hell yeah !!! Strap up the helmets and get out the ammo, its time to go to war !!!!!!!

Steelersfan
11-23-2006, 01:17 AM
This isn't going to be pretty. I just hope our guys realize what this game here means and are up for it!

MRS Steelerfan
11-23-2006, 01:20 AM
heh-- it means I will be finding a place to hide out during game time... I do not want to be near YOU and the TV:nonod:

*note to self, make plans for game time, far away from home*:yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2006, 01:20 AM
From what Ive read this week so far and from what I saw in the video of Hines I posted up in the other thread they seem to be right on track with their way of thinking that this is going to be a war just like always but more importantly that its a must win game no matter what. Do or Die basically.

Steelersfan
11-23-2006, 01:41 AM
heh-- it means I will be finding a place to hide out during game time... I do not want to be near YOU and the TV:nonod:

*note to self, make plans for game time, far away from home*:yesnod:

That is every game isn't it? :lol: I get pretty PO'd when games don't go well....lol

Hburg
11-23-2006, 03:28 AM
Week 12 of the season
Time to step up, no more freezin'
Bring the heat, fire, flame, and sparks
Purple fades to brown meadowlarks
Each game a battle in a 6 month war
This week the fight comes to Baltimore
Let them crow and caw, jeer and jaw
Physical, brutal, ugly and raw
Purple birdies really brown at the core
It will be forever as it was before
At Pittsburgh and in Baltimore
Steelers make the Ravens become nevermore

BuFu

Captcoolhand
11-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Ya, I would hate to see the season end now

SteelCityMan786
11-23-2006, 11:29 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06327/740767-66.stm

Hell yeah !!! Strap up the helmets and get out the ammo, its time to go to war !!!!!!!

The next NFL World War set for Sunday. Gonna need back up.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Damn straight this is the hated Ratbirds here, its time to shut them up and let them know what the Heart of a Champion is really all about !

House of Steel
11-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Hey, Matt, I hate the Ratbirds on the same level I hate the Browns. Yesterday was the icing on the cake with Cleveland fans. I was shopping at Giant Eagle. I parked the van as my mother in law waited in the van. I was wearing my Hines Ward Jersey, Steelers Hat, and my Steelers Winter Jacket. Here was a cart boy all dressed up in Browns gear. As I walked around the van, here he comes and says, You look like a nice little mother****er don't you? I said, EXCUSE ME? he said, Shittsburgh sucks you SOB. I said, EXCUSE ME, *******, I didn't come to Giant Eagle to get insulted and another thing is, WE OWN YOU MOTHER****ERS and gave him the bird. I went to customer service to speak with the store manager and told him what happened. That SOB got reprimanded and heard he would be fired at the end of the day. NOW YOU WONDER WHY I ****ING HATE CLEVELAND FANS TO THE CORE. From now on, I insult each and every one of them ****ers wearing a Browns fans. They asked for it from me. You insult me and you will receive 4 times the insults back. We will take the series lead next season for sure, December 7th, we will be dead tilt at 55 when we beat the hell out of them in Pittsburgh. DAMN I AM RED AND PISSED OFF NOW.

SteelCityMan786
11-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Typical Cleveland bums.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Serves that Browns fan right ! I hope his dumbass got fired that day and he's at home crying into his browns gear !! That stupid rat bastard just epitomizes the lack of total intelligence and ability to function in modern society that is the Cleveland browns !

SteelCityMan786
11-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Serves that Browns fan right ! I hope his dumbass got fired that day and he's at home crying into his browns gear !! That stupid rat bastard just epitomizes the lack of total intelligence and ability to function in modern society that is the Cleveland browns !

CAN I GET AN AMEN! If he got fired it serves him right. Just because someone is a fan of a certain team doesn't give the guy the right to harrass him. Now I can understand a little smack after the game, but just to act like a moron about it is just madness.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Exactly, especially when you're at the grocery store with your family ! Ive had that happen to me with Ratbird fans before; not quite to that degree but they've gotten a bit nasty so I give it right back no matter who's around. Damn sore losers just can't get over the fact that they aren't as good as they think they are and still aren't good enough to beat us even when they outplay us for 3 damn quarters !!

I hope his dumbass has tries to use that place as a reference for his next job and nobody will hire him because he's stupid !

House of Steel
11-23-2006, 11:06 PM
You should of had seen the face of the SOB. He is what you would call a retard. His IQ has to be a 60 for crying outloud, got glasses from the early 80s, and his teeth looks like he never brushes them for crying out loud. He wears a pom pom Browns hat. You know the old ones with a pom pom on top. OLD SCHOOL FOOL!!!