PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions??

75Steeler
12-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Ok SA friends I have officially exahusted my wife's and my menu options for this season. We usually try to stick with traditional Pittsburgh style food for games but these 1pm games are a killer on the menu. I'm literally just putting down my coffee mug and it is time to pick up the beer for the game and preparing food for the guys is a pain in the *** that early. Plus the wife feels like she has to cook and doesn't get to see the game.

I do have several fresh sticks of the Jimmy and Nino's peperoni from the Strip District thanks to my parents who brought them to me at Thanksgiving so I'm thinking of putting that out with cheese and crackers and some black and gold nacho chips and salsa for this week.

If you guys can think of anything traditional Pittsburgh please pass it along. I have checked out most of the recipes on this thread but I'm looking for something new or different.

Thanks
75 Steeler

steelersgal86
12-04-2009, 11:24 AM
kielbasa and saurkraut...easy and good just throw it in the crock pot....

PsychoWard
12-04-2009, 11:34 AM
make rothlisburgers!!! we made those last year what a huge hit!!!!

floodcitygirl
12-04-2009, 12:07 PM
kielbasa and saurkraut...easy and good just throw it in the crock pot....I was gonna say pork and kraut. I roast the pork in the oven first and then add it to the kraut in a big pot on top of the stove. Then Ibake the kielbasa in the oven with some more kraut. I make mashed potatoes with it too. You could always roast the pork ahead (like Friday) and then it has all morning on the stovetop. It'll just fall apart.

ejsteeler
12-04-2009, 12:14 PM
I was gonna say pork and kraut. I roast the pork in the oven first and then add it to the kraut in a big pot on top of the stove. Then Ibake the kielbasa in the oven with some more kraut. I make mashed potatoes with it too. You could always roast the pork ahead (like Friday) and then it has all morning on the stovetop. It'll just fall apart.

put all that (except the tators if you want mashed) in the crock pot over night on low. Absolutely awesome come time to eat. :yesnod:

lloydfan4life
12-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Damn! Now I'm hungry after reading all these posts! :drool:

Great suggestions!

steelers4life66
12-05-2009, 08:29 AM
This is a kick ace dip!

2-3 chicken breast
2 packages of cream cheese....I think they are 8 oz or whatever the blocks are
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 cup hot sauce
1 cup ranch

Boil chicken, shread (I use a food processor) then just hand mix everything together and put it in the oven (400) until the cheese is melted

75Steeler
12-05-2009, 10:53 AM
You guys rock!! Thanks!

steelersgal86
12-05-2009, 11:20 AM
This is a kick ace dip!

2-3 chicken breast
2 packages of cream cheese....I think they are 8 oz or whatever the blocks are
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 cup hot sauce
1 cup ranch

Boil chicken, shread (I use a food processor) then just hand mix everything together and put it in the oven (400) until the cheese is melted

that sounds great...i have made something similiar!!!!