PDA

View Full Version : Play offs in December

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-03-2009, 03:09 PM
This is nothing new to our Steelers . They seem to have a fancy for getting themselves into a jam , and then have to fight their way out of it .

Kind of makes it interesting .We have not shown it of late , but i think we are one team you don't want to face, once we get clicking on all cylinders .

Anyone who thinks that this team is going to lay down and give up the season , may well be in for the surprise of their lives .

There is no team we can not beat in this whole league .I don't care if its the colts or the saints , whoever .

We will be there to break a lot of Bengal fans hearts in the end . We like it that way .
Watch and be entertained my Steel brothers and sisters !

Troyisabeast_43
12-03-2009, 04:13 PM
This is nothing new to our Steelers . They seem to have a fancy for getting themselves into a jam , and then have to fight their way out of it .

Kind of makes it interesting .We have not shown it of late , but i think we are one team you don't want to face, once we get clicking on all cylinders .

Anyone who thinks that this team is going to lay down and give up the season , may well be in for the surprise of their lives .

There is no team we can not beat in this whole league .I don't care if its the colts or the saints , whoever .

We will be there to break a lot of Bengal fans hearts in the end . We like it that way .
Watch and be entertained my Steel brothers and sisters !

As I posted in another thread and Ill go on record right now and say that the Steelers and the Bengals will be tied with identical 9-5 records going into the final 2 weeks of the season. The schedule sets up really really well for the Steelers these next 3 games compared to the Bengals. It will all come down to those last 2 games for the Steelers with the Ravens at home and at Miami, and the Bengals last 2 games with Kansas City at home and at the Meadowlands against the Jets where they have never won a game in their history. The bottom line here is whether people will agree or not this division race is still far from over fellas and Im telling you in a short 2 weeks time things are really going to start to tighten up and get very interesting...

LatrobePA
12-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Cinci is gone and out of reach at this point, I don't see us winning the div. which is fine.

We need to finish strong, keep the Rats out and go into Cinci to finish them off!

Troyisabeast_43
12-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Cinci is gone and out of reach at this point, I don't see us winning the div. which is fine.

We need to finish strong, keep the Rats out and go into Cinci to finish them off!

If the Steelers beat the Raiders,Browns,and Packers within the next 2 weeks and the Bengals lose in Minnesota and San Diego back to back weeks who are probably the two hottest teams in football other then New Orleans and Indy then they are right there tied with Cincy going into the final 2 weeks with at least a chance to overtake them...If Cincy is capable of slipping in Oakland much like the Steelers were capable of slipping in KC then the Bengals can definitely slip and lose in Minnesota,San Diego and in New York against the Jets...

Scorp
12-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Would you agree if i said the Steelers need to play like the 05 Steelers did? Well, not exactly like the 05 team. They can't make excuses anymore. The time is now if they want to prove why they are the defending champs.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-03-2009, 04:59 PM

In theory...both the Ravens and the Steelers could still make the playoffs as wildcards. Denver is done and I don't see any other teams racking up 11 wins.

LatrobePA
12-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Cinci would win the tie breaker over us. Either way we could see them again in the first round. Very true with the Vikes, Bolts, both will have to play their starters and both will be very hungry when the bungles come around...Whow knows, one game at a time, if they let the Raiders hang around we're screwed!

Troyisabeast_43
12-03-2009, 05:17 PM
In theory...both the Ravens and the Steelers could still make the playoffs as wildcards. Denver is done and I don't see any other teams racking up 11 wins.

Denver's problem is they have lost head to head tiebrakers to both the Steelers and the Ravens so even though right now they are the 5th seed and sitting okay now they cannot afford any sort of slip up. And seeing that they still have games left at Indy and at Philly which I dont think they will win either one they pretty much have to win out or they will not get in. Right now based on the schedules the Steelers and the Ravens have a much better chance of getting in as wildcards now over the Broncos.

Steel Trap86
12-03-2009, 05:19 PM
I don't think the Steelers & Ravens both make it, one team is going to cancel the other out in a few weeks and play the Bengals on Wild Card weekend!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
12-03-2009, 05:24 PM
I don't think the Steelers & Ravens both make it, one team is going to cancel the other out in a few weeks and play the Bengals on Wild Card weekend!

It probably won't happen, but it could. One team could be 11-5 and one could be 10-6. If that happens they both probably make the playoffs.

Troyisabeast_43
12-03-2009, 05:27 PM

The Broncos could get in at 10-6 seeing that they have 2 games left against the Chiefs and one against the Raiders aside from the two tough games they have left with the Colts and Eagles. So if the Ravens lose their 2 tough games they have left at Green Bay and at Pittsburgh they would finish 9-7 and not get in over the Broncos.

LatrobePA
12-03-2009, 05:30 PM
All I say is damn, this team messed up the 2009 season by dropping those "easy" games!

BlackGold4vr
12-03-2009, 05:36 PM
A perfect ending to the season for me would be if we knocked out the Bungels again on their field. Anything that happened after that would be gravy. Watching Bungel players and fans crying as the final seconds closed in on their season would be the coup de' grace for me!

:lol:

Troyisabeast_43
12-03-2009, 05:41 PM
A perfect ending to the season for me would be if we knocked out the Bungels again on their field. Anything that happened after that would be gravy. Watching Bungel players and fans crying as the final seconds closed in on their season would be the coup de' grace for me!

Im with you on that one for sure. Seeing how the Bengals and their players celebrated after they won here at Heinz Field back in November like they had just won a playoff game while taunting the fans waving towels. It would be sweet revenge to put them out of their misery at Paul Brown Stadium just like they did in 2005 in the Wild Card Playoff game, and in 2006 in Bill Cowher's final game where they won in overtime with the Santanio Holmes 70 yard TD that knocked them out of a wildcard spot...

Steel Trap86
12-03-2009, 05:53 PM

I'm with you on that one too lol I think my biggest anticipation for the Steelers team right now is to make the playoffs and crush the Bengals dreams of winning a playoff game lol This is what I want to see out of this season right now, a good old Bungals smashing, then after that we would be in the divisional round probably against the Colts again

Gettysburgh_Steel
12-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Steelers are here until someone eliminates them . that is the challenge every team must come to realize . The Bengals are who i have my cross hairs set on ! Oh boy would it not be sweet to play them one more time . We need to hang around just for that moment in my opinion . Whether we go all the way or not , if we can send their asses packin , it would be a fullfilling season to say the least .

BlackGold4vr
12-03-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm sensing that there are many here who share in my hate for the Bungels! I would love for us to crush the Bungels in the playoffs and for someone in the stands to hold up a sign saying "If you wanna see a Lombardi Trophy, stop by our practice facility and we'll show you our 6" If you ask nicely we may let you touch one......to pollish it!

:hilarious:

:bengalssign:

Goodfrom55
12-03-2009, 07:25 PM
As I posted in another thread and Ill go on record right now and say that the Steelers and the Bengals will be tied with identical 9-5 records going into the final 2 weeks of the season. The schedule sets up really really well for the Steelers these next 3 games compared to the Bengals. It will all come down to those last 2 games for the Steelers with the Ravens at home and at Miami, and the Bengals last 2 games with Kansas City at home and at the Meadowlands against the Jets where they have never won a game in their history. The bottom line here is whether people will agree or not this division race is still far from over fellas and Im telling you in a short 2 weeks time things are really going to start to tighten up and get very interesting...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Nay sayers call it what you will, I call it faith.

75Steeler
12-03-2009, 09:07 PM

I dream of this happening. We need to set the tone early in Sunday's game against the Raiders and march on from there!!!! :cope: :tt02: :cope:

ShellShock
12-03-2009, 11:32 PM
I season over man

Woodson_DownUnder
12-05-2009, 10:37 AM
I dream of this happening. We need to set the tone early in Sunday's game against the Raiders and march on from there!!!! :cope: :tt02: :cope:

Heavy boots and keep the foot on their throats. Menders 150+ yards And even allow FWP to shake off some rust. A shut-out would be sweet. :tt02: