PDA

View Full Version : Can We Fix It?

KRAZYRIDE
12-02-2009, 01:07 AM
I still think the Steelers are making the playoffs i really think it's going to come down to the Ravens game and that's going to be a good one espcially with our starting QB and #43

But what does everybody think we need to fix?

For me it's obviously the Special Teams but espcially our defense. When Ben comes back he has Ward, Holmes, Wallace, Miller, Mendenhall, and a actually decent not perfect but decent line, better than our SB winning line. Our offense should be able play against any defense in the playoffs.

But our defense keeps flaking at the end of games maybe its because Troy is out maybe not but we need to be the Defense what there capable of.

Phenomenal TJ
12-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Special teams is by far my biggest concern. We get torched on a weekly basis because of the horrid kick coverage.

Defense...I'm going to chalk that up to Polamalu being out. If we continue to allow teams to come back on us once he returns, then I'll sing a different tune.

Only two issues I've got with the defense is that they can't generate take-a-ways on a consistent basis without Polamalu and they obviously can't hold onto a lead as a result of that.

It can be fixed. Going to take some work, but it's certainly fixable.

75Steeler
12-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Yes it can be fixed and Troy is a big part of what this team needs. But lets face it Troy hasn't been healthy much at all this year. How good or bad is the knee going to be when he does return? I think the Steelers need to lose some baggage and pick up some talent in the off season to cure most of their problems. Then we need to "unleash Hell" from the start next season. Maybe get Ben, Tomlin and Hines unlimited texting so they can remain in constant contact and know what the status of Ben's next concussion is?

:stirpot:

Scorp
12-02-2009, 12:42 PM
I agree with you all. Let's hope all the pieces fall into place and we get things done cause we're running out of time.

Phenomenal TJ
12-03-2009, 02:30 AM
Yes it can be fixed and Troy is a big part of what this team needs. But lets face it Troy hasn't been healthy much at all this year. How good or bad is the knee going to be when he does return? I think the Steelers need to lose some baggage and pick up some talent in the off season to cure most of their problems. Then we need to "unleash Hell" from the start next season. Maybe get Ben, Tomlin and Hines unlimited texting so they can remain in constant contact and know what the status of Ben's next concussion is?

:stirpot:

Yeah, but even when he's not at 100%, he still makes plays for the defense. Or better yet, puts others in the position to make plays.

Players never get back to 100% from knee injuries, that's the sad, sad truth. I don't think he's going to fall off completely, or at all really, safeties generally have fairly long careers.

JensK
12-03-2009, 03:59 AM
Yeah, but even when he's not at 100%, he still makes plays for the defense. Or better yet, puts others in the position to make plays.

Players never get back to 100% from knee injuries, that's the sad, sad truth. I don't think he's going to fall off completely, or at all really, safeties generally have fairly long careers.

He is not going to be 100 % for t he rest of the season. Luckely its only a sprain, not torn, so he can rest it during off-season. The guys Troy are working with in the offseason are crazy good at these kinds of things.

Goodfrom55
12-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Being healthy helps, but if you can't be healthy, then you'd better pay more attention to the fundamentals of tackling. Steelers took Ravens to OT in their stadium with a 3rd string QB. In Pittsburgh, Ravens are dead meat.

Focusing on the Kick Coverage / Return Game and an effective Nickel defense . . and getting off the field on 3rd down. LT has to be the cover LB. Farrior has demonstrated he can no longer handle that duty.

SteelerRush
12-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Special teams is my biggest concern. I think the defense will rebound even without Troy this week. They are making plays but the offense is not capitalizing on the turnovers. The offense is moving the ball fairly well but not finishing drives too many penalties on good plays being called back and the offense either settles for a short punt or a field goal.
Everyone wants to blame the defense for fourth quarter failures but the offense and special teams are choking too. If we finish drives early we don't have to worry about games in the fourth quarter we can just pound the ball and dink and dunk are way to run time off the clock.:duh: