PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers believe it or not still have a slight chance to win this division...

Troyisabeast_43
12-01-2009, 03:33 PM
While the Steelers should just be focused now on getting a Wildcard spot and just making the playoffs there is still a slight and I use that term very very loosely a SLIGHT chance that they can still have somewhat of a chance to win the AFC North and overtake the Bengals. This is how they would have to do it assuming of course the Bengals beat Detroit this week which they probably will I do see them dropping their next 2 games on the road in Minnesota and San Diego on back to back weeks. That would then put the Bengals at 9-5. In contrast, if the Steelers win the next 3 games against Oakland,at Cleveland,and at home against Green Bay on December 20th which I think is very very possible the Steelers would also be 9-5. At that point it would then come down to those last 2 games for both teams which of course the Steelers play the Ravens at Heinz Field and finish off down in Miami, while the Bengals play games at home to Kansas City and finish off with a game at New York against the Jets in a stadium which they have never won at and where it will be the final game at the Meadowlands I do believe since both the Giants and Jets are getting a new stadium next year. At that point you would have to hope the Steelers beat both the Ravens and Miami and finish at 11-5 and the Bengals drop either the Chiefs game or the game at the Jets which is the more likely one they would drop and finish at 10-6 and win the division outright due to a better overall record.

So while the Steelers like I said to start this thread need to just focus at this point on getting in the playoffs the opportunity still exists for the Steelers to win this division if they win out because I do see the Bengals losing both of those games in Minnesota and San Diego. The Steelers have to do their part and win these next 3 games with the Raiders,Browns and Packers and they just might still have a chance going into the final 2 weeks of the season it's not completely impossible to think this wont happen...

Richmond Rukus
12-01-2009, 03:37 PM
I have a slight chance to win the lottery tonight, and in both cases, I just don't see it happening. We dug ourselves to deep to take the division, although a wild card is well within reach.

Troyisabeast_43
12-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Ill say right now and I might get called a homer or toasted for saying this but I do believe the Steelers and the Bengals will be tied with identical records at 9-5 after their games on December 20th with the Packers and the Bengals game with the Chargers that same day. At that point it would then come down to those final 2 games like I mentioned in my post above. If the Steelers do their part and take care of the pathetic Raiders and Browns, and then a overrated Green Bay team here at Heinz Field things can at least set them up for a chance to win this division going into the final 2 weeks. People can rip me and say whatever they want like they did a few weeks ago when I posted something similar on here but until the Bengals have clinched this division officially I am not going to give up and say the Steelers dont have at least a chance to still come back and win the AFC North. The scenario I gave above has a very good chance of happening I believe to at least give the Steelers a shot heading into the final 2 weeks of the season...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2009, 04:05 PM
There's no if's, and's or, but's about it..we need to be 9-5 come Dec 20 because we need to win out, period. Any more losses and our already deep hole will more than likely be our coffin for 2009.

The fact that the Bengals lost to the Raiders, and only beat the browns 17-6 tells you that they are not all that with it and still learning how to win important games. The Bengals will get cocky like they did vs the Raiders and the Browns and they will lose atleast 2 games the rest of the way out so if we win then we'll see what happens.

Beyond that, who the hell knows..LOL.. Any normal behavior that we've seen this team exhibit in the past has completely gone out the window.

Goodfrom55
12-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Bottom line, Steelers have to win out to have a shot at the division. Remember, Cincy still has to go to SanDiego and Minnesota real soon, so I predict 2 losses there.

As I said last night, it's a 2 horse Race, Baltimore and the Steelers and it's 0-0 right now. Whoever has the best 5 game record gets in ( and the Steelers must beat Baltimore in PITT).

coldrolled
12-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Bottom line, Steelers have to win out to have a shot at the division. Remember, Cincy still has to go to SanDiego and Minnesota real soon, so I predict 2 losses there.

As I said last night, it's a 2 horse Race, Baltimore and the Steelers and it's 0-0 right now. Whoever has the best 5 game record gets in ( and the Steelers must beat Baltimore in PITT).

doesnt matter if we win the division or not.

we will still be a 3rd to 6th seed. And play each other.

the AFC north has a good chance of having three teams in the playoffs.

and if we unleash hell in december... who knows what could happen..:yellowthumb:

Steel Trap86
12-01-2009, 04:24 PM
I just want to see the Bengals again. Those fans are the worst, they got the brain of a ****ing fruit fly and lets face it, are not used to winning. This is why they burn terrible towels and ray lewis jerseys after regular season victory's. I'd love to shut them up and put the Bungals out of there misery at the same time in the playoffs either winning the division or sneaking in with the 6th seed.

Richmond Rukus
12-01-2009, 04:26 PM
I won't say it is impossible, or call you a homer. It's good to believe in the team. I'm just having a hard time of it after watching our recent performances. Personally, I just feel like we've dug ourselves a hole that will be nearly impossible to climb out of as far as the division is concerned. I'm just worried about the Raiders right now, cause if we somehow drop that game, the season is as good as over. If we end up tied after the next few weeks, I'll be very excited and look at a possible division crown at that time.

LatrobePA
12-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Won't happen! Sorry!

Blazedby92
12-01-2009, 04:33 PM
I won't say it is impossible, or call you a homer. It's good to believe in the team. I'm just having a hard time of it after watching our recent performances. Personally, I just feel like we've dug ourselves a hole that will be nearly impossible to climb out of as far as the division is concerned.
:plus1:

Won't happen! Sorry!
:plus1::plus1::imho:

lloydfan4life
12-01-2009, 06:08 PM
:evilshake: Forget the division.... I'm just hoping we beat the Raiders THIS week.

75Steeler
12-01-2009, 07:31 PM
I hope it does happen. But it is a real steep hill to climb. Also I want one of the first black and gold Mike Tomlin T-shirts with We will unleash Hell printed on it.

:cope:

HUNT4SEVEN
12-01-2009, 07:53 PM
At this point i don't want us getting into the playoffs if we are gonna play like we have the last 3 games, i would rather get a nice top 15th pick, an rebuild some, cause the truth is our Defense is old, Farrior is still good but to me he's an 2down player not an 3 down player anymore imo, the line speaks for itself, hood is coming along fine but we have alot of age on the D- line an when Troy is out our DB's look like rookies..........

Troyisabeast_43
12-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Won't happen! Sorry!

What games do you see the Steelers dropping out of the last 5?? And what games do you see the Bengals winning and losing out of their last 5?? Im sorry but I just do not see the Bengals winning games in either Minnesota or San Diego with the way both of those teams are playing red hot and the way the Bengals have been struggling the last 2 weeks against the Raiders and Browns. The bottom line is until the Steelers lose one more game whichever one it might be or the until the Bengals win in either Minnesota or San Diego one of those weeks in which they play them back to back on the road there is still a very good chance of the Steelers being alive to win the division with 2 weeks left in the season...

Moondog
12-02-2009, 03:02 PM
It's not over until it's over, but for the most part I just hope the Steelers make the playoffs. I could see Troy's scenario unfolding. Any thing could happen if the Bengals & Steelers are at 9-5 going into the last two games. The Bengals could easily lose the last one against the Jets. It would be nice to have at least one home playoff game.

Troyisabeast_43
12-02-2009, 03:11 PM
It's not over until it's over, but for the most part I just hope the Steelers make the playoffs. I could see Troy's scenario unfolding. Any thing could happen if the Bengals & Steelers are at 9-5 going into the last two games. The Bengals could easily lose the last one against the Jets. It would be nice to have at least one home playoff game.

Remember also neither New England or San Diego have the bye week locked up either yet. So if my sceanrio does happen where the Steelers overtake the Bengals and win the North the possibility for a bye week might still exist as well. The Pats still have some tough games left and so do the Chargers. The Pats have tough road games left at both Miami where they always struggle and never play well and Houston as well,and the Chargers have tough road games left in Dallas and in Tennessee. And remember if the Chargers lose 2 more games and finish 11-5 and win the West and the Steelers end up 11-5 and winning the division the Steelers win the head to head tiebraker over the Chargers because they beat them head to head.

Phenomenal TJ
12-03-2009, 01:30 AM
We need to win out. That is a must. No other options, we drop one more game and we can kiss the wild card goodbye.

ejsteeler
12-03-2009, 08:31 AM
:evilshake: Forget the division.... I'm just hoping we beat the Raiders THIS week.

:plus1:
I find myself thinking like Lloyd and as the team should be thinking....beat the Radiers......nothing else yet.

Woodson_DownUnder
12-05-2009, 09:43 AM

And to have at least one home play-off = Cinci be the first 6-0 team vs the div to not win their division.. :greengrin: yep, they are the Bungles afterall.

steel-tex
12-05-2009, 02:51 PM
YEP - ONE GAME AT A TIME ---- START WITH THE RAIDERS

Sir Blitzelot
12-05-2009, 03:39 PM
I could care less about the division. At this point, I just hope they can make a wildcard.

lloydfan4life
12-06-2009, 07:53 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:hilarious: :hilarious:

Sorry...... I just re-read the title of this thread.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2009, 08:17 PM
While it's clear that the Steelers are not mathematically out of the playoff chase; it's equally clear that they have no business even thinking about the post season right now. If and I mean IF, the Steelers are somehow to fall into the final wildcard spot, it would be a travesty of epic proportions because they clearly don't deserve to be anywhere in January, except their living room couches.

lloydfan4life
12-06-2009, 08:23 PM
While it's clear that the Steelers are not mathematically out of the playoff chase; it's equally clear that they have no business even thinking about the post season right now. If and I mean IF, the Steelers are somehow to fall into the final wildcard spot, it would be a travesty of epic proportions because they clearly don't deserve to be anywhere in January, except their living room couches.

I fully agree. Well said TG.
And along those same lines, we as fans certainly have no business talking about any other game at this point than the Cleveland game thursday night. All this talk about 'if we can win out' then blah, blah, blah, is making me nauseous.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2009, 08:50 PM
The worst part is man, this team just isn't responding like we're used too. Everybody in the media expected us to crush Oakland, and to beat the Chiefs, the bounce back after losing the first game to the Bengals, etc. but nothing about this team resembles anything of what we're used to seeing. If you look history, you could safely say that the Steelers should have won all these last 4 games because it's what they do after a loss, they bounce back and get on a winning streak. In 2009, our Steelers are bucking the trend in the worse way possible.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2009, 08:59 PM
This team is a joke and please nobody question my loyalty to the team.....I still will be rooting for these *******s next week and the rest of the season....But there is to much talent on both sides of the ball to be 6-6 at this point which is one big joke.....The whole team is to blame really.....From Tomlin all the way down to the water boy.......

TampaSteelGirl
12-06-2009, 10:48 PM
This team is a joke and please nobody question my loyalty to the team.....I still will be rooting for these *******s next week and the rest of the season....But there is to much talent on both sides of the ball to be 6-6 at this point which is one big joke.....The whole team is to blame really.....From Tomlin all the way down to the water boy.......

Agree here 100% :yellowthumb: