PDA

View Full Version : Raiders at Steelers: Game Notes

RaiderInNY
12-01-2009, 02:02 PM
http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/2387.html

So, Big Ben has some concussion issues. Eerily similarly to the 2006 match-up, when the defending champs were reeling a bit and had Ben in a daze as well.

Grads is going home...

TampaSteelGirl
12-01-2009, 02:11 PM

So, Big Ben has some concussion issues. Eerily similarly to the 2006 match-up, when the defending champs were reeling a bit and had Ben in a daze as well.

Grads is going home...

Cripes another troll...anyway, yea last time "Grads" came to Pittsburgh with the Bucs I was sitting front and center watching him lay flat on his back several times staring at the stars above.....suppose everyone who game him a fantastic homecoming were quite embarrassed.........Make note the Steelers will NOT be embarrased in one more loss....:markit:

Oh and it's a bit embarrassing admitting bascially that the only way you can actually beat the Steelers is if our QB has a head injury....Nice.

LatrobePA
12-01-2009, 02:15 PM

Grads is going home...

Looking at the Raiders record doesn't mean crap. This team can win a games against good teams, ask Cinci and Philly.

Should be a good game, I've always liked Bruce, he's a good old polish boy, I wish him the best of luck just not this weekend! lol

PS: How many email addy's do you have Joe?

RaiderInNY
12-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Cripes another troll...anyway, yea last time "Grads" came to Pittsburgh with the Bucs I was sitting front and center watching him lay flat on his back several times staring at the stars above.....suppose everyone who game him a fantastic homecoming were quite embarrassed.........Make note the Steelers will NOT be embarrased in one more loss....:markit:

Oh and it's a bit embarrassing admitting bascially that the only way you can actually beat the Steelers is if our QB has a head injury....Nice.

Troll? I don't think so kid...

Check out www.sbreport.net for my coverage and game-preview.

Also, head to www.Raiderfans.net for the best chat regarding this game and historic rivalry.

TampaSteelGirl
12-01-2009, 02:28 PM

Also, head to www.Raiderfans.net for the best chat regarding this game and historic rivalry.

Well I say troll only to ones who blow up their teams on a Steeler webiste. I've always been one on SA that welcomes anyone from another team who will actually talk real football....hope you will do that same.

I will be glad to read your game preview however don't go on other teams boards out of respect, but thats just me. HOpe you stick around and enjoy football talk.

LatrobePA
12-01-2009, 02:35 PM

You're on a Steelers site, 1 post, what are people to think? Don't come out here and be a jerk to people! You want to post football stuff bring it, you wanna be an *******, leave!

Too many scumbags come out here to fire people up!

Troyisabeast_43
12-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Looking at the Raiders record doesn't mean crap. This team can win a games against good teams, ask Cinci and Philly.

Should be a good game, I've always liked Bruce, he's a good old polish boy, I wish him the best of luck just not this weekend! lol

PS: How many email addy's do you have Joe?

They can win games when they play in Oakland that's about it. They have one of the worst records in the history of the National Football League while playing on the East Coast during 1 o clock games. If the Steelers would dare lose this game to the pathetic Raiders at home in front of the Steelers Nation Tomlin is going to have heads rolling on the coaching staff and personnel wise as well I believe in some form or capacity...

LatrobePA
12-01-2009, 03:52 PM
They can win games when they play in Oakland that's about it. They have one of the worst records in the history of the National Football League while playing on the East Coast during 1 o clock games. If the Steelers would dare lose this game to the pathetic Raiders at home in front of the Steelers Nation Tomlin is going to have heads rolling on the coaching staff and personnel wise as well I believe in some form or capacity...

Trust me I agree 100% but I can't take anything for granted this season!

Troyisabeast_43
12-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Trust me I agree 100% but I can't take anything for granted this season!

I know believe me I wont either especially seeing what took place in Kansas City 2 weeks ago. But I think this week we are safe and the Steelers will not lose to another pathetic team 2 times in 3 weeks especially at home...

Goodfrom55
12-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Nothing screams back on track like this game does for the Steelers. Expect Mendy to run at least 27 times and Ben to throw 20-25 times, Steelers roll 34-10.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-01-2009, 07:59 PM
You're on a Steelers site, 1 post, what are people to think? Don't come out here and be a jerk to people! You want to post football stuff bring it, you wanna be an *******, leave!

:clap::clap:well said an that goes for all the folks coming on here to start sh&*:tt02:

TEEMONT
12-01-2009, 08:14 PM

ignore about 95% of the people on this site....they get way to riled up when people want to talk football.

steelcityrockers
12-01-2009, 08:17 PM

He never said anything that would make me think that he said anything that would "fire anyone up."

Way to be sensitive *******s, people.

TEEMONT
12-01-2009, 08:18 PM

sigh....just like I said above

no one tried to fire you up...you're just over-defensive about an underachieving Steelers team. Relax

God forbid the ******* members here be hospitable to opposing teams fans.

TampaSteelGirl
12-02-2009, 11:03 AM
ignore about 95% of the people on this site....they get way to riled up when people want to talk football.

Tee you obviously didn't read his first post and my 2nd post....I welcome anyone on here who wants to talk football...just not people who come on here blowing up their pathetic team and putting downthe Steelers...read more posts before you post this sh*t first!! :crazy:

I defend Flacco who wants to talk about football but the first post here would tend to get people going, he obviously wants to talk about football so I'm cool with that but it's not cool to come on a Steeler website and start out like that...

JensK
12-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Tee you obviously didn't read his first post and my 2nd post....I welcome anyone on here who wants to talk football...just not people who come on here blowing up their pathetic team and putting downthe Steelers...read more posts before you post this sh*t first!! :crazy:

We have lost 3 horrible games in a row, and last time we played Raiders they won, with pretty much same scenario as now - Id be feeling pretty good too, if i were a Raiders fan.

TampaSteelGirl
12-02-2009, 11:11 AM
We have lost 3 horrible games in a row, and last time we played Raiders they won, with pretty much same scenario as now - Id be feeling pretty good too, if i were a Raiders fan.

Ummm we lost to the Raiders last time because our QB should have not played that entire season due to the fact that he almost died....HELLOOOOO!

We may have lost 3 horrible games in a row but we are the only team to beat the Vikings this year sooo...........

RaiderInNY
12-02-2009, 11:12 AM

Thank you sir.

I didnt come here to talk 'crap' or to take on unwarranted insults either.

Oh well...Thanks anyway.

As for the game:
Look, if OAK can't run the ball consistently, this won't be a match-up. They are going to need Fargas to run the way he did to open the game vs. the Cowboys. Then, they are going to need to mix in some McFadden in the run, and incorporate him in the passing game. Grad is feisty, but he can't change the fact that this WR bunch has been dreadful, regardless of them being rookies, inexperienced etc., they have been shaky.

The DL is hit or miss. They can either overwhelm an OL; with Ellis (who is injured) and Seymour's pass rush, or they can look like a sieve by allowing insane yardage on the ground.

If Pitt., just pounds away, sticks with the run and they don't waver in staying on the ground; they'll break one or two, heck or more for big gains and break the will of the D.

I'll post my game preview here:
www.sbreport.net

Unfortunately, I wont be able to cover the game this weekend.

TampaSteelGirl
12-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Thank you sir.

I didnt come here to talk 'crap' or to take on unwarranted insults either.

Oh well...Thanks anyway.

As for the game:
Look, if OAK can't run the ball consistently, this won't be a match-up. They are going to need Fargas to run the way he did to open the game vs. the Cowboys. Then, they are going to need to mix in some McFadden in the run, and incorporate him in the passing game. Grad is feisty, but he can't change the fact that this WR bunch has been dreadful, regardless of them being rookies, inexperienced etc., they have been shaky.

The DL is hit or miss. They can either overwhelm an OL; with Ellis (who is injured) and Seymour's pass rush, or they can look like a sieve by allowing insane yardage on the ground.

If Pitt., just pounds away, sticks with the run and they don't waver in staying on the ground; they'll break one or two, heck or more for big gains and break the will of the D.

I'll post my game preview here:
www.sbreport.net

Unfortunately, I wont be able to cover the game this weekend.

I just want to set the record straight where I'm concerned, the first post did get me going at first, you have to understand that because we do get alot of trolls on here as I"m sure you do on your site...I"m cool with you talking football, actually enjoy fans from other teams coming here and talking football, it makes it more exciting. The first post just got me going, sorry. That being said lets move on from here and have some fun, glad to have you aboard!!!

Game talk:

I agree with you, if we pound the run we will be successful BUT will Arians allow that is the question..if he's smart he will do such. I"m worried about our defense pass protection, stopping teams on the run has not been a big issue even with Smith gone which was one of my worries previously. I"m worried about Ike, Gay and Carter...also dreadful for us. Im hoping Ben will be 100% but if not I'm not worried about Dixon starting now, I think we have a great chance with either QB. Oline did well for Dixon although I'm wondering if he just got rid of the ball faster???? :yellowthumb:

I do like Grads because I feel he plays respectable football and he is smart. I felt he did well in Tampa. It will be an interesting game for sure, I don't mind a hard fought loss but will not accept another loss like the Bengals and the Chiefs game...unacceptable.

I think it will be difficult for the Raiders to win in Pittsburgh though..Would love to see a game played in the snow..since i'm in Florida now I miss the football snow!! :greengrin:

Steel Trap86
12-02-2009, 11:32 AM

That Jemarcus Russell is a ****ing bum, it's about time the Raiders benched him. On this year so far he only has 96 completions out of 205 attempts for a grand total of 2 TD's. There problem the past few years IMO is that they could never throw the ball. I doubt they come in and beat the Steelers even with Grad, but I hope they finish up there last few games strong going into next season because the league is more fierce when the Raiders are good!!

JensK
12-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Ummm we lost to the Raiders last time because our QB should have not played that entire season due to the fact that he almost died....HELLOOOOO!

We may have lost 3 horrible games in a row but we are the only team to beat the Vikings this year sooo...........

You know what, i would WAY rather have lost to Vikings and have won against the 3 others. The Vikings game is like one of the least important games we have had, because its not even in AFC... Oh and, Big Ben has just had a concussion against Raiders last time too - Don't care about all else, he has had one now, and he had one then.

Scorp
12-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Well I say troll only to ones who blow up their teams on a Steeler webiste. I've always been one on SA that welcomes anyone from another team who will actually talk real football....hope you will do that same.

I will be glad to read your game preview however don't go on other teams boards out of respect, but thats just me. HOpe you stick around and enjoy football talk.

Hope we don't have a raider version of tt=tp here. Ya'll member how i blasted her in a poem? I use to hate the raiders with a passion as a kid, but since i see how they can't do anything but lose...it's all good. Have fun buddy and keep it real. :cope:

LatrobePA
12-02-2009, 11:39 AM
The dude come off sexist to me! Calling her "KID" IMO he was being a smartass right off the bat!

Guys calling me an *******?? F ya, I can care a less, and am over the whole 3 game slide, more to life then f-ball!

Like I said bring the football talk, just don't come in here expecting too much to quick, too many trolls lurking to not condsider you one with post #1, 2.

I enjoy hearing from the other side, so welcome dude!

Scorp
12-02-2009, 11:46 AM
The dude come off sexist to me! Calling her "KID" IMO he was being a smartass right off the bat!

Guys calling me an *******?? F ya, I can care a less, and am over the whole 3 game slide, more to life then f-ball!

Like I said bring the football talk, just don't come in here expecting too much to quick, too many trolls lurking to not condsider you one with post #1, 2.

I got all my SteelerAddicts back. That includes you LatrobePA. Let's see how long she sticks around. This game better kick *** like the Steelers/Ravens. :cope:

TampaSteelGirl
12-02-2009, 11:47 AM
You know what, i would WAY rather have lost to Vikings and have won against the 3 others. The Vikings game is like one of the least important games we have had, because its not even in AFC... Oh and, Big Ben has just had a concussion against Raiders last time too - Don't care about all else, he has had one now, and he had one then.

Not me...I'd rather break that undfeated streak for Farve...glad we did. Bengals lost to the Raiders so we aren't the only team to lose to a bad team...whatever. Every game is important and that game WAS important.

Yea he had a concussion but he was not right from the get go of that season...he should have not played that entire season coming back from such a trauma anyway, he's lucky he ONLY got a concussion the game before...not going to argue with you further. We'll just agree to disagree...:yellowthumb:

Scorp
12-02-2009, 11:53 AM
You know what? I don't think there is such a thing as having the easiest schedule. If you want to be great and play great and have fun while playing, week after week. Look at the Saints and Colts.

franchise3
12-02-2009, 11:59 AM

My friend, if you were a Raiders fan, you would learn to never feel pretty good, especially not coming to Pittsburgh!!! We are going to blow them away.

P.S. The statistics you used as a reason for feeling pretty good is so irrelevant that I am not even going to try and talk about it.

JensK
12-02-2009, 12:10 PM
My friend, if you were a Raiders fan, you would learn to never feel pretty good, especially not coming to Pittsburgh!!! We are going to blow them away.

P.S. The statistics you used as a reason for feeling pretty good is so irrelevant that I am not even going to try and talk about it.

right, just as we were going to blow KCC away...

TampaSteelGirl
12-02-2009, 12:26 PM

Geee did someone :whiz: in your Cheerios this morning or what???

TEEMONT
12-02-2009, 01:35 PM

I defend Flacco who wants to talk about football but the first post here would tend to get people going, he obviously wants to talk about football so I'm cool with that but it's not cool to come on a Steeler website and start out like that...

obviously I did, b/c you called the guy a troll right away, solely on the basis that he is a fan of another team. He didn't say anything that isnt true in ihis post, yet he's automatically a troll?

LatrobePA
12-02-2009, 01:43 PM
I got all my SteelerAddicts back. That includes you LatrobePA. Let's see how long she sticks around. This game better kick *** like the Steelers/Ravens. :cope:

Thanks!

The whole JoeFlaccoCameInMyEye deal rubbed me wrong (no pun intended). You come out here and talk football with us regardless if your team is sucking *** not just when they are winning and I'll have more respect for ya!:yellowthumb:

TampaSteelGirl
12-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Thanks!

The whole JoeFlaccoCameInMyEye deal rubbed me wrong (no pun intended). You come out here and talk football with us regardless if your team is sucking *** not just when they are winning and I'll have more respect for ya!:yellowthumb:

I do thank you for sticking up for me buddy! You're the best! :hugs:

LatrobePA
12-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I do thank you for sticking up for me buddy! You're the best! :hugs:

:yellowthumb:

:cope:

franchise3
12-02-2009, 03:48 PM

So because SB champions lost to KC away, all of the worst teams in the NFL should feel pretty good about their chances in Pittsburgh?

Nice logic.

SteelerRush
12-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Nothing screams back on track like this game does for the Steelers. Expect Mendy to run at least 27 times and Ben to throw 20-25 times, Steelers roll 34-10.
you can say that the'll run it a lot but whatching them this season and last who knows what BA is going to call maybe he lets Ben run the no huddle this week and we win big.

this has been a very frustrating year so far but I still believe we can win out and put some fear into the playoff picture as long as NE gets knockout by SD.

steelcityrockers
12-02-2009, 10:02 PM

You come of as a poorly informed, pretentious, sensitive, mildly retarded ******** to me, but hey.

I'm so glad people here are accepting of others. I mean, jeez, he's a Raiders fan and look how well he has been reciv--Wait, that's someone who likes a different team! He must be Hitler!

LatrobePA
12-02-2009, 10:57 PM
You come of as a poorly informed, pretentious, sensitive, mildly retarded ******** to me, but hey.

LOL!

Poorly informed - YES

Pretentious - Are you gay?

Sensitive - YES

Mildly retarded - YES

******** - Not sure, but maybe

Let me guess, you're a transgender psychic??????:yellowthumb:

JensK
12-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Geee did someone :whiz: in your Cheerios this morning or what???

Nope just stating what most Steelers fan tend to forget - We loose to bad teams, and we do it with style. When we lost to KCC everyone was like, man... we play down to our opponents level, and pretty much everyone agreed. Now we are on the edge of destroying Oakland, and every seems to have forgotten that other part. Most here thought that we were going to smash Bengals both home and away, look what happened there. Bears sucks ***, and we lost to them as well. Listen, im not saying i think Oakland is winning. I think Steelers will kill them, but what i am saying is that we perfectly capable of throwing this game away, just like we have done SO MANY TIMES the last few years.

steelcityrockers
12-03-2009, 06:35 PM
LOL!

Poorly informed - YES

Pretentious - Are you gay?

Sensitive - YES

Mildly retarded - YES

******** - Not sure, but maybe

Let me guess, you're a transgender psychic??????:yellowthumb:

Jesus Christ you are a ****ing moron. If that's your comeback, kindly kill yourself now, sir.

I used a word you probably don't understand and that makes me gay. That's some airtight logic right there.

LatrobePA
12-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Jesus Christ you are a ****ing moron. If that's your comeback, kindly kill yourself now, sir.

I used a word you probably don't understand and that makes me gay. That's some airtight logic right there.

Do you just come out here to jock me? I haven't seen you post **** elsewhere so I just assume you like the co*k...

Take your fruity little post and F off bro!

TampaSteelGirl
12-03-2009, 07:51 PM
So because SB champions lost to KC away, all of the worst teams in the NFL should feel pretty good about their chances in Pittsburgh?

Nice logic.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

steelcityrockers
12-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Do you just come out here to jock me? I haven't seen you post **** elsewhere so I just assume you like the co*k...

Take your fruity little post and F off bro!

I come around every now and then and then leave for a bit because if I stay too long I will get an aneurysm. It isn't you personally, it's the cornucopia of stupidity that exists here. There are some that know what they are talking about and for them I have respect.

DanRooney
12-03-2009, 09:26 PM
obviously I did, b/c you called the guy a troll right away, solely on the basis that he is a fan of another team. He didn't say anything that isnt true in ihis post, yet he's automatically a troll?

It was obvious. Just by his demeanor and the way he was presenting himself. What's shocking is how long it took some of you clowns to catch on.

LatrobePA
12-03-2009, 10:20 PM
I come around every now and then and then leave for a bit because if I stay too long I will get an aneurysm. It isn't you personally, it's the cornucopia of stupidity that exists here. There are some that know what they are talking about and for them I have respect.

Cool, take care dude!