PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben expected to play the Raiders

Steel Trap86
12-01-2009, 02:16 PM
All the latest signs are pointing toward Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger returning from post-concussion symptoms and playing in Sunday’s game against the Raiders.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday Roethlisberger has not experienced additional discomfort as a result of the concussion since Friday. He said all indications are Roethlisberger will take part in full practice when the team returns on Wednesday.

“We’re not anticipating him having headaches this week,” Tomlin said. “But if he does, of course, we’ll act quickly.”

Tomlin ruled Roethlisberger out on Saturday after consulting with medical experts, who recommended Roethlisberger not play, forcing untested second-year backup Dennis Dixon into the starting role against the Ravens. Roethlisberger passed neurological tests early last week and had taken part in practices on Wednesday and Thursday, but began experiencing the headaches after working out on both days. When the issues did not subside, according to Tomlin, the final decision was made.

“I think the entire week Ben was prepared to and expecting to play,” Tomlin said. ”He realized he was experiencing some discomfort, he realized that was a part of the process. He had been through that before. But based on [the doctor's] suggestion, we did what we felt was appropriate. Whether he agreed with it or not was really irrelevant at that point. We had a game to play.”

Tomlin didn’t rule out the possibility the team could look at other quarterbacks this week depending on Roethlisberger’s status.

“As I sit here today, I’m comfortable with the three men that we have,” said Tomlin. “But that may change as soon as Wednesday, we’ll see.”

Tomlin added that injured backup Charlie Batch, who is sidelined with a broken left wrist, is on schedule and could return in a couple of weeks. The team’s only other active QB is Tyler Palko, who served as Dixon’s backup after signing with the Steelers last week.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/12/01/tomlin-expects-roethlisberger-to-face-raiders/

The Steelers mishandled that last week IMO. I just hope Ben doesn't "experience any further headaches" and he can play some ****ing football this Sunday!

Scorp
12-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Better show us something Ben. F-ck up some **** boy.

LatrobePA
12-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Troy is doubtful....

UKSTEELER
12-01-2009, 03:36 PM
If we somehow manage to lose against the Raidhuuuurs at home, an all-time low for this team, expect Troy to take an early vacation, would be crazy to risk long-term injury in meaningless games!

Win the next two weeks and send him back in if we still have hope.

Troyisabeast_43
12-01-2009, 04:40 PM
This team isnt going to lose to the Raiders at home. The Raiders I heard today have one of the worst records all-time while playing 1 o clock games on the East Coast they almost never win. So with that being said, as bad as they played in Kansas City and still almost won the game they would have to play I believe 10 times worse this game against the Raiders in order to lose this game. The Raiders might keep this game close for the first half but I see the Steelers winning this game fairly comfortably something like 28-10...

LatrobePA
12-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Bruce G. has had nothing but terrible games agianst our D, I expect nothing less this weekend!

franchise3
12-01-2009, 05:15 PM
All I want for Christmas is for Tomlin to keep Hines informed on Ben's progress minute by minute. An hour after each practice there should be a conference call between Hines, Tomlin, and Ben to talk about how Ben feels and if he is experiencing any headaches.

LarryNJ
12-01-2009, 05:18 PM
All I want for Christmas is for Tomlin to keep Hines informed on Ben's progress minute by minute. An hour after each practice there should be a conference call between Hines, Tomlin, and Ben to talk about how Ben feels and if he is experiencing any headaches.

:lol::lol::lol:

That's classic! We don't want to hurt poor sensitive Hines feelings!

Phenomenal TJ
12-03-2009, 02:22 AM
Troy won't be playing. Tomlin said that he's a week or two away from being well enough to play.

Roethlisberger was supposed to play last week too. -_-

But, he'll play this week. If he doesn't, then he NEEDS to let the team know before tomorrow. Simply because if he can't go, Dixon needs the majority of the practice snaps unlike last week.

JensK
12-03-2009, 03:53 AM
Troy needs to be rested anyways. If we want the slightest chance to get in the playoffs, and do well in the playoffs, we have to have Troy ready to play against Green Bay and Ravens - Sitting him against Oakland and Browns shouldnt do much of a difference.

Phenomenal TJ
12-03-2009, 04:22 AM
^^^Exactly what I said. As long as he's playing against Green Bay and Baltimore, I'll be happy.

DanRooney
12-03-2009, 05:52 AM
This team isnt going to lose to the Raiders at home. The Raiders I heard today have one of the worst records all-time while playing 1 o clock games on the East Coast they almost never win. So with that being said, as bad as they played in Kansas City and still almost won the game they would have to play I believe 10 times worse this game against the Raiders in order to lose this game. The Raiders might keep this game close for the first half but I see the Steelers winning this game fairly comfortably something like 28-10...

Gonna be a close game. I have no faith in this team winning a game by more than one score.

coldrolled
12-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Gonna be a close game. I have no faith in this team winning a game by more than one score.

Oakland... The worst rushing defense in the league....

i just hope mendenhall plays... they give up 162 yards rushing a game.

maybe dixon and mendy should just run them over this week.

give ben another week off.